• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Qurupeke

Is it possible to breed for a specific nature+ivs with destiny knot+pass down Volt Tackle? I remember that you need Light Ball to get Volt Tackle, but does it pass normally or you need it again?

Azuran

Banned
You always need the light ball for Vollt Tackle so there's no choice but to sacrifice either the everstone or destinky knot when breeding for it.

Qurupeke

You always need the light ball for Vollt Tackle so there's no choice but to sacrifice either the everstone or destinky knot when breeding for it.

I see, thanks. It sucks but I guess I'll go for nature hunting. What I do for the competition... And I'm pretty sure Volt Tackle will also be useless at the Lightningrod fest that the competition is going to be.

I remember a player who once cloned the PGL Tyrunt wondercard and they managed to get their game into a messy state whereby the could connect online but things got a little odd with what they described as one-way trades (they just receive something in a trade and then not be able to trade it back for some reason).

As for hacks lazily injected Pokemon will usually have messed up ownership history (if you trade it away the ownership history will sort of fix itself) and it leads to problems with happiness evolutions as I found (happiness would go up but the evolution would not take place, the game has two values, here the OT one and your one and I guess my one ceased to exist so it updated the OT one but due not being the OT the evolution would not occur). It is the price I paid for not manually trading 15 boxes.

As save corruption. I am sure I saw someone wonder trade a Hoopa unbound (probably a scenario GF thought would never happen because all the Jirachi and Diancie with flags removed being WT didn't make them think perhaps Hoopa should just be blacklisted like unreleased HA Pokemon were and unbound not needing a blacklisted item). I can see how that could cause an XY game to go ballistic especially given the auto save nature of wonder trade.

JoeM86

Any date on the hack check going through? And how do I know if the Pokemon I got from GTS are legit or not?

It's mostly save data and trainer data that's the issue, but I think it's ongoing now
I remember a player who once cloned the PGL Tyrunt wondercard and they managed to get their game into a messy state whereby the could connect online but things got a little odd with what they described as one-way trades (they just receive something in a trade and then not be able to trade it back for some reason).

As for hacks lazily injected Pokemon will usually have messed up ownership history (if you trade it away the ownership history will sort of fix itself) and it leads to problems with happiness evolutions as I found (happiness would go up but the evolution would not take place, the game has two values, here the OT one and your one and I guess my one ceased to exist so it updated the OT one but due not being the OT the evolution would not occur). It is the price I paid for not manually trading 15 boxes.

As save corruption. I am sure I saw someone wonder trade a Hoopa unbound (probably a scenario GF thought would never happen because all the Jirachi and Diancie with flags removed being WT didn't make them think perhaps Hoopa should just be blacklisted like unreleased HA Pokemon were and unbound not needing a blacklisted item). I can see how that could cause an XY game to go ballistic especially given the auto save nature of wonder trade.

Luckily ORAS and XY Wonder Trades don't connect to each other. Hoopa shouldn't be possible due to ribbon, and Unbound because it reverts when you put it into the box. Hackers are the worst :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yup, it's midnight for me, but then's when I rest before sleeping.

I'll see you in 1 hour, 40 mins then.

My FC and trainer name are in my profile; I'll try to PM you closer to the time.

Work ended a bit late so I'll be about 10 minutes late.

My FC is 2294 7152 6699

I'm Skyes. On now.

Ahnez

Oh, I knew I was forgetting something

I still have to get the Garchompite and the Lucarionite :p

BTW, that pikachu cup.. Do I have to use only pure electric type pokes, or dual types are also allowed?

Oh, I knew I was forgetting something

I still have to get the Garchompite and the Lucarionite :p

BTW, that pikachu cup.. Do I have to use only pure electric type pokes, or dual types are also allowed?

Dual-types should be OK. They specifically banned stuff like Zapdos that are dual-typed, suggesting they would have been good to use if they weren't banned. If that makes sense : P

JoeM86

Dual-types should be OK. They specifically banned stuff like Zapdos that are dual-typed, suggesting they would have been good to use if they weren't banned. If that makes sense : P

They only banned Zapdos & Thundurus because they're

a) Legendary
b) Very hard to defeat in a mono-Electric environment

They only banned Zapdos & Thundurus because they're

a) Legendary
b) Very hard to defeat in a mono-Electric environment

I don't doubt that, but they banned Raikou too, suggesting they were mainly intending to ban all the legendaries.

My main point was that they specifically included two dual-types in their bans, implying those dual-types would have fit under the "Electric-only" rules had they not been banned--and thus dual-types in general aren't banned.

backlot

This Pikachu tournament is going to have a weird metagame. I feel like most Pokemon are going to just skip using electric moves all together. They'd only really be useful against Wash Rotom but there will be Lightning Rod Pikachu everywhere so why bother? I bet Hidden Power Ground will be popular too.

Azuran

Banned
There's not going to be a lot of physical attackers on this format aside from Luxray, Electivire, and Zebstrika. Electivire in particular will be very popular since it has Motor Drive and access to Earthquake, Ice Punch for Mow Rotom/Stunfisk, and everyone's favorite move, Rock Slide!

Sandfox

I might throw a team together really quick for the Pikachu Cup.

Try banking them?

I don't think having hacked mons will get you banned, only if you hacked your game or save file.

I doubt anything will happen unless you have some blatantly hacked/illegal stuff that would cause the aforementioned save data losses.

I thought this was cute.
http://theyetee.com/

D_littlepikas.jpg

If you want to buy it, it's currently sold out right now but if you live in the US by the morning you should be able to get it by clicking on the last chance option.

So, I think this is new, Pokemon.com have released a pretty explicit guide detailing how to get a Pokemon with 5 perfect IVs. I thought it was interesting as I don't really remember them acknowledging all this before. But mabye I haven't been paying attention. Excerpt below.

Pokemon.com said:
Let’s say you’re looking to develop a Gardevoir. Its first evolution, Ralts, is a common Pokémon found early in the Hoenn region of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. With the DexNav in Detector Mode, find as many Ralts as you can (you don’t need to defeat them). The more you find, the more you’ll start detecting Ralts with max potential individual strengths for multiple stats and possibly the Telepathy Hidden Ability (the Ability Trainers often prefer for competitive play).

You’ll need several of these Pokémon, including at least one male and one female. You’ll want at least one Pokémon with a maximum individual strength in each stat you want your future champion Pokémon to have, one Pokémon with the desired Nature, and a female with your desired Ability. You won’t know which stats have max individual strengths until you have the Pokémon analyzed by the Ace Trainer in the Battle Resort Pokémon Center if you’re playing Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or in Kiloude City in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. This person will tell you which stats have max individual strengths for one of the Pokémon in your party.

You’ll want one Pokémon with top individual strengths in at least two or three stats, and another Pokémon with max individual strengths in different stats. A perfect example would be having a male Ralts with, say, maximum Defense, Special Defense, and Speed individual strengths, and a female Ralts with max HP and Special Attack individual strengths, as well as the Telepathy Hidden Ability and the Nature of your choice. (Gardevoir often doesn’t rely on Attack moves, so it’s a good stat to ignore.)

Once you’ve found two eligible Pokémon, it’s time to put them in the Pokémon Day Care. It’s a good idea to start with a Pokémon that has your desired Nature and to give it an Everstone to pass down its Nature. The other Pokémon should hold a Destiny Knot, ensuring that the Egg gets more individual strengths passed down from the Pokémon you place in the Day Care. Leave the two Pokémon in the Day Care long enough to discover multiple Eggs; you’ll probably use at least a couple of them again to tailor the max individual strengths over several generations of Pokémon. Your goal is to continue to hatch female Pokémon with as many max individual strengths as you can, making it easier for that new Pokémon itself to pass down perfect individual strengths to the next Egg.

Concentrate on the Hidden Ability and Nature of the female first—you can develop your Pokémon’s individual strengths down the road more easily than you can incorporate these traits. Try to keep getting stronger female Pokémon, maintaining your desired Nature and Ability while using Destiny Knot to help pass down as many maximum individual strengths as possible. Once you get a female Pokémon with each of the max individual strengths of the Pokémon you have in the Day Care, it’s time to catch a new male Pokémon to help pass down the remaining stats.

Eventually, you will have a female Pokémon that has five (or, if you’re really lucky, six) max individual strengths, plus the Nature and Ability that you prefer. It can be a bit of work, but you’ll be rewarded with a Pokémon that is ready for top-level competition. Plus, the Pokémon you’ve been discovering will help you develop more Pokémon within their own Egg Group, so keep them around. Male Pokémon will be especially valuable, as they can help pass down their individual strengths to different species within their Egg Group.

With some effort and a little bit of luck, soon you’ll have a full party of Pokémon that have been customized exactly how you want them. The next step is to train and prepare them for competitive play.

Muku

Didn't have time to respond before I left for work this morning, but read it. I'm quite surprised as well. It's kind of exciting they have. Hope it helps folks. At same time, I'm wondering if they came to conclusion there is no way to make the situation better. I hope this means they leave the DexNav in for next round of games. :3

To be fair though, this was the first generation to let you pass down 5 IVs. That's basically a godsend to anyone who couldn't RNG or were short on time.

Muku

To be fair though, this was the first generation to let you pass down 5 IVs. That's basically a godsend to anyone who couldn't RNG or were short on time.

It is, but that's why I'm wondering if this is a sign they'll stick with it or not. It's interesting that they've actually gone ahead and put some basic instructions up. Wonder if it's a question that has been coming up a lot for them or what.

It is, but that's why I'm wondering if this is a sign they'll stick with it or not. It's interesting that they've actually gone ahead and put some basic instructions up. Wonder if it's a question that has been coming up a lot for them or what.
I'm guessing this is in response to the recent hack check announcement and their attempt to encourage getting competitive pokemon through legitimate means.

backlot

Its too bad legendary Pokemon dominate the scene in that case.

I never really thought about this but since all legends have 3 IVs guaranteed, it's actually easier to get good IV legends this gen than it was to breed good IV Pokemon last gen. 3 IVs was the maximum you a baby could inherit back then and you weren't even guaranteed to get the right ones. Hopefully they'll make it easier to get 5 IV legends next gen.

Muku

Next event Pokemon for the US is Hoopa, I take it? I have an awful feeling that is going to pop up while I'm moving. Last year Diancie was in Sept, correct?

Muku

It was actually 27th October through 16th November for Diancie.

Oh damn. Okay awesome. I hope it stays about the same this year. Though does make me realize how much later the US got Diancie. x_x Didn't realize Diancie/Gengar happened at same time. In Japan at time it just was the Gengar. Hm. So if that is next event Pokemon still a ways to go. ;_;

Heatran has me straight up bored as hell. Oye.

Poke-gaf, I needs more data trades please.

Trade evolutions for my Seadra and Rhydon, and porygon. And then I need

Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Lickitung
Tauros
Scyther
Kangaskhan
Mr mime
Jynx
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Kanto Legendary birds
Mew and Mewtwo
Houndour
Lugia
Celebi
Stantler
Smeargle.

I really need to buy another 3DS to start trading pokemon over >.<

Poke-gaf, I needs more data trades please.

Trade evolutions for my Seadra and Rhydon, and porygon. And then I need

Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Lickitung
Tauros
Scyther
Kangaskhan
Mr mime
Jynx
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Kanto Legendary birds
Mew and Mewtwo
Houndour
Lugia
Celebi
Stantler
Smeargle.

I really need to buy another 3DS to start trading pokemon over >.<
Hi, I can do all those data trades apart from Mew which I haven't got in Gen 6 yet, if you still need them.

Top Bottom