• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
Pikachu Cup
pikachucup.png

Region: International
Registration Period: August 6th 2015 - August 13th2015
Battle Period: August 14th 2015 - August 16th 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Electric-type Pokémon Only.
Restricted Pokémon: Non-Electric-type Pokémon. Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus, Zekrom
Entry Gift: Pikachu, Light Ball or 1000 PokéMiles

The Pikachu Cup is a Double Battle Competition where only Electric-type Pokémon can enter, including those who have been transferred from previous games. The Pokémon Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus and Zekrom cannot be used. Registration opens August 6th through August 13th while the battles run from August 14th to August 16th. There's a special prize for entering, but it's dependant on Pikachu's placement in the most used Pokémon. If first to third, a special Pikachu will be distributed. If fourth to twelfth, a Light Ball and if it isn't in the Top 12, 1000 PokéMiles will be given

I'm currently on a break from battling but I'll enter with a random Safari Zone Pikachu just because I want that gift.

And since it's electric only, I guess it's time for STUNFISK to rule the world!

Qurupeke

I'm thinking of running a Sunny Day team for this. Not sure if this will even work out though. I need to get HP Ground on Heliolisk and it will probably kill everything that doesn't Levitate. The problem is getting the Sun. I could either use a fast Jolteon or Magnezone. Jolteon will probably be good enough to outspeed almost everything and set the sun, while Magnezone is bulkier. Other than Heliolisk, moves like Fire Punch or Flamethrower on Eelectross(I'll probably go for the Adamant one though) or Overheat on Mega Manectric will be really sweet then. HP Ground would be generally good for a lot of them, but I can't be bothered getting it just for the contest on everything.

Also, is it necessary to actually use the Pikachu in the battle, or I can just have a random Pikachu on the team that I'll never bring to the battle?

I only have Latios, Heatran, and Deoxys left to capture and I'm putting my focus on Latios.

Latios spawns immediately if I accidentally kill it, thus, increasing the time I've encountered it. The DexNav is unable to show this information.

Is Latios affected by the perks of DexNav?

I need to get HP Ground on Heliolisk and it will probably kill everything that doesn't Levitate.
I did calcs. I found Solar powered HP ground will need specs in order pick up OHKOs on most electric types except the 4x weak Magnemite family but I'm not great with calcs so I might have made an error.

Electric has some underused moves which could be fun gimmicks both of which are the have volt absorb or lightning rod one field. One is Electrify (turns targets next move into electric type, only works if you go before target and is Heliolisk family exclusive) and another is Ion Deluge (turns normal into electric...for one turn apparently).

I also wonder if having Lanturn and going for soak is viable.

I also ponder which Rotom will be king. Mow Rotom is very anti Srtunkfisk (but then again so is grass knot) plus resists electric the best. Is vulnerable to fire which I imagine people will be taking for the Magnemite family.

I think used means bring to battle. So it will be a case of pros ignoring Pikachu and everyone else going one down for the prize :p

Don't know if I have time to do a team or anything. I've still not beaten the elite 4 in ORAS :lol:

Robin64

With my Notch-Eared Pikachu stuck in Soul Silver, will my Cosplay Pikachu be stuck in Alpha Sapphire too? Seems mean.

Thats lame the Pokemilage club won't let me buy more of something once I've got 90.

I can't claim what I have because of unclaimed Diancie either.

What I get for leaving things until the last day :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is anyone actively breeding a Riolu and a Scyther? Just got started on Omega Ruby and I would like to work on my team now.

Seems like Cosplay Pikachu doesn't count towards the Pikachu prizes. Weird.

Hmm, how'd you figure? The Japanese PGL site?

On that note, is there species clause or do we have to wait for the full rules to find out? Tempted to just bring 6 Pikas, since I don't have time to breed an all-Electric team.

JoeM86

Hmm, how'd you figure? The Japanese PGL site?

On that note, is there species clause or do we have to wait for the full rules to find out? Tempted to just bring 6 Pikas, since I don't have time to breed an all-Electric team.

Yep. They added it today
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/285dae18-c45e-492d-9b4f-32d90ca73f93
※【8/3更新】参加者プレゼントを決定する対象となる「ピカチュウ」に、「おきがえピカチュウ(尻尾の先が黒いハートマークのピカチュウ)」は含まれません。
Unless my translation is way off :p Though I checked with a friend who speaks Japanese and he agreed.

And yeah there's a species clause

Muku

It just looks so weird. He's basically a giant rat now.

This exactly. A giant, ugly rat now. We know darn well he's not a rat. I used to use Typhlosion a lot. These days? I can't even bring myself to use him. I wanted to use him in one of my ORAS runs but I just can't.

Thats lame the Pokemilage club won't let me buy more of something once I've got 90.

I can't claim what I have because of unclaimed Diancie either.

What I get for leaving things until the last day :)
Actually I could have claimed because it is a separate NPC. Oh well.
I settled for a Modest Diancie with ~4IVs (maybe one 30) but 24 SpA which could matter if it'll ever get used.

Wensih

I was wondering if anyone was willing to share friend codes? I'm trying to complete the pokedex and am trying to catch pokemon exclusive to the friend safari in X/Y.

My FC: 0946-2406-0545

Bladenic

This exactly. A giant, ugly rat now. We know darn well he's not a rat. I used to use Typhlosion a lot. These days? I can't even bring myself to use him. I wanted to use him in one of my ORAS runs but I just can't.

Seriously, they ruined him. I'd say more Pokemon suffered than benefited from the transition to full 3D, but none as much as the Cyndaquil line.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this for a mean for my next playthrough and maybe competitively later on:

Sceptile (mega option)
Steelix (mega option)
Kingdra or Dragalge
Houndoom or Honchkrow
Glaceon
Sawk or Hitmonchan (I never used Heracross before either)

kayos90

Honestly, try Gamefaqs boards. They have separate boards for trading and battling, I've gotten stuff on there before.

Just looked and holy shit. They have so many requirements. I guess there aren't any places that don't really just straight up donate pokemon for noobies to breed.

Just looked and holy shit. They have so many requirements. I guess there aren't any places that don't really just straight up donate pokemon for noobies to breed.

Here maybe? XD

What do you want anyway? If I have spare breeding fodder, I don't mind trading them for free. Just gotta be careful of conflicting timezones (I'm in the UK).

Robin64

Could anyone sort me out with a 6 IV foreign Ditto at all?

I don't know how rare this sort of thing is, sorry if it's like, uber hard to get!

kayos90

Here maybe? XD

What do you want anyway? If I have spare breeding fodder, I don't mind trading them for free. Just gotta be careful of conflicting timezones (I'm in the UK).

Just looking for a Ditto and Lucario so I can start actually breeding to be quite honest. Also, is there a way to get Lucarionite in ORAS?

JoeM86

New hack checks being implemented. This is due to people receiving save data loss after encountering people who have hacked
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/80efa449-d902-4658-9266-ddc42774ccc8
日頃より「ポケモングローバルリンク」をお楽しみいただき、ありがとうございます。
この度、ランダムマッチレーティングバトルやインターネット大会をご利用いただいている一部のプレイヤーにおきまして、以下の事象を確認いたしました。

●現時点で、通常のゲームプレイでは公開されていない不正なポケモンのデータを用いて対戦している
●ゲームソフトのデータ自体を不正に改ざんし、改ざんしたデータを用いて対戦している

これらの不正行為を確認したプレイヤーにつきましては、ランダムマッチレーティングバトルにおいて、トレーナーランキング集計の対象外とさせていただきました。
また、今後開催されるインターネット大会への参加エントリーも制限させていただきます。

なお今後、不正行為を確認したプレイヤーにつきましては、定期的に同様の対応をとらせていただくとともに、不正なセーブデータの利用が続くプレイヤーには、ランキング集計対象外とする対応だけではなく、その他制限措置を適宜検討のうえ、予告なく実行させていただきます。

『ポケットモンスター』シリーズは、他のプレイヤーと通信機能を使って対戦・交換等ができますが、不正なポケモンや改ざんされたセーブデータで通信を行った場合、相手の方にも正常にゲームがプレイできなくなるなどの悪影響を及ぼし、迷惑をかける場合もございます。
今後ともプレイヤーのみなさまが安心してお楽しみいただけるよう、「ポケモングローバルリンク」では、不正なデータを用いた事象について定期的に監視を行い、不正行為・迷惑行為への対応を継続的に取り組ませていただきます。

プレイヤーのみなさまにおかれましては、育てていただいた大切なポケモン、セーブデータを守るためにも、取扱説明書に従った正しい遊び方で『ポケットモンスター』シリーズをお楽しみいただきますよう、ご理解・ご協力のほど、よろしくお願いいたします。

Paraphrasing with thanks to StreetsAhead for help
The Pokémon Global Link has put out an update regarding stricter hack checks that are to come to the game. If you have been caught with a modified save file or modified Pokémon, then you will be unable to participate in Rating Battles or in Battle Competitions. If you are caught having done this multiple times, you are to be hit with stronger consequences beyond blocking from Rating Battles, which have not been detailed, without any warning. Those who have already been confirmed to have done this will have consequences enacted soon. This follows recent instances of save data loss for innocent players after they have encounter certain people with modified data. We'll keep you apprised of further developments
Guess that's the straw that broke the camel's back

backlot

I wonder what the stronger consequences could be. Not being allowed online at all? I'm curious how good the new hack checks actually are.

Just looking for a Ditto and Lucario so I can start actually breeding to be quite honest. Also, is there a way to get Lucarionite in ORAS?

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

I just grabbed a Ditto and Riolu from Pokemon Bank, but I'm heading out for lunch.

Sadly, can't help with the Mega Stone XD

kayos90

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

I just grabbed a Ditto and Riolu from Pokemon Bank, but I'm heading out for lunch.

Sadly, can't help with the Mega Stone XD

Cool. I'm in Central American time (currently 10:36am). I'm at work at the moment. I don't get off until 5. What time is it over there?

Azuran

Banned
I hope it cuts down on all those teams full of shiny legendaries that show up on Battle Spot. If I ever see one more shiny Landorus...

Could anyone sort me out with a 6 IV foreign Ditto at all?

I don't know how rare this sort of thing is, sorry if it's like, uber hard to get!

If you're on reddit, you can head to r/breedingdittos and you'll get one as long as you have an account that's at least 2 weeks old.

Top Bottom