• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Wanace

Latios - #381 (Timid)
HP: 0 - 3
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 27 - 29
Speed: 30 - 31

I've had a 31 Attack IV for the past 10 resets. This one particularly pissed me off. :/

Wanace

God, I've been playing Pokemon for over 15 years and I still don't know IVs and EVs and Nature differences. :/

Don't worry about it unless you're trying to get competitive pokemon.

I'm just trying to reset for good IV legendaries this time around. It's really a waste of time since I probably will never battle with them but whatever.

Maybe both. This pretty much makes it almost impossible to steal codes from used game cases. You can't just open it and grab the insert. Now, you have to slide the cover paper out to see the code.
Yes, no one has cameras in their pockets. Or some other device capable of connecting to the Internet and redeeming the code right then and there.

I decided to attempt a nuzlocke run for the first time for Alpha Ruby. I've never attempted one, nor have I beaten the original Ruby. Somehow Bide became my worst enemy.

Gym leader rematches work the same as Emerald

It's fine, you can just use repels.

Haha I'm not gonna be repellng the whole game (I like to make competitive pokemon, so maybe I am, heh <3DexNav). It's cool it doesn't bother me. It's amazing how well the design and pacing of the original R/S stands up against X/Y, it's a lot less forgiving but really fun

Was going to hold off on getting this, mainly because of the disappointing sounding post-game, especially coming off of HG/SS and BW2.

Then I actually read about the DexNav.

pullmebackin.gif

Guess I'll have to make a trip to Gamestop when it opens. This series, man.

Haha I'm not gonna be repellng the whole game. It's cool it doesn't bother me. It's amazing how well the design and pacing of the original R/S stands up against X/Y, it's a lot less forgiving but really fun
You don't have to repel the whole game, you just spray one when sneaking up on a Pokémon.

spiritfox

Normally I'd agree but I am OK with gamefeak making a game less niche as long as I am still happy with the final product, and I am so far. Press [forward] to win!!!

Less niche? How much less niche must Pokemon be. I don't see why they had to remove the cave entirely, unless it was for technical reasons. It was still a straight line in RSE, just more complex.

DaBoss

Granite Cave was pretty much pointless, so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

And now there is some bike only path which makes it so you have to go back...

Less niche? How much less niche must Pokemon be. I don't see why they had to remove the cave entirely, unless it was for technical reasons. It was still a straight line in RSE, just more complex.

It could allow two year olds to play :p (I'm heavily biased I just got my 2 and a half year old to play Jedi Outcast on PC :p). And I've noticed, while keeping us hardcore gamers happy, Nintendo has subtly been knocking it out of the park for children of younger ages. Children can connect with a Nintendo title unlike any ios or other game that I've seen

The cave is still there, they just locked the content of it behind a Mach Bike slope and made your required visit super short.

spiritfox

It could allow two year olds to play :p (I'm heavily biased I just got my 2 and a half year old to play Jedi Outcast on PC :p). And I've noticed, while keeping us hardcore gamers happy, Nintendo has subtly been knicking it out of the park for children of younger ages, who, if it weren't for Nintendo, wouldn't have a whole lot of choice when it comes to a good experience (with a game)

The cave is still there, they just locked the content of it behind a Mach Bike slope and made your required visit super short.

I just don't really see why they needed to simplify it so drastically, when Petalburg Woods was left untouched, and that came earlier. If it was too difficult, they could have at least made it a proper cave, not just a flight of stairs.

Besides, there was a Mach Bike section in RSE too, and that was more annoying with the collapsing floors.

Wait what? How?

Speak to Lanette at her house.

Cheska

God, I've been playing Pokemon for over 15 years and I still don't know IVs and EVs and Nature differences. :/
Don't wory, you're not the only one. I could care less about any of that stuff, I only play these games for fun and nostalgia reasons. The only thing I actually pay attention to is gender lol.

I do hope end up there's some sort tournament for the more casual players. I'd love to face some other people that are playing with their favorite mons, whether they're good for competitive player or not :p

Can anyone tell me if both of the other starter Mega Stones are available to buy or whether it's just one and, if so, what would someone pick to get all except Blaziken?

Bleh, even after 3 badges I still havn't settled on my final team. Need something to replace this Machop. Sure it's awesome due to it having an HA and an egg move but I already have a fighting type in Gallade....

YOU CAN PUT "ORGANIZE BOXES" AT THE TOP OF THE MENU

MEGATON
It sure is! (I know there are situation where desposit and withdraw are faster but I prefer move)

Can anyone tell me if both of the other starter Mega Stones are available to buy or whether it's just one and, if so, what would someone pick to get all except Blaziken?
You can buy them. On top of that there are no version exclusive stones.

Edit:Nincada'd

brinstar

omg my Skitty endured an attack that was going to KO her and turned the match around because of her affection level ;___;

I never messed around with the Amie stuff much in X version I was missing out!

omg my Skitty endured an attack that was going to KO her and turned the match around because of her affection level ;___;

I never messed around with the Amie stuff much in X version I was missing out!

The affection level can do stuff like shake off status effects too

turbocat

Started my Nuzlocke on Omega Ruby last night. Things are going pretty well. Would people here be interested in reading Nuzlocke journal entries if I were to post them?

Wanace

It seems that Paralysis had increased the chance to be paralyzed for a turn. I just had 4 in a row, and saw several times on streams people having similar strings of paralysis.

Seems a bit ridiculous, I hope they didn't increase the chance.

Avixph

Guys, I need your help

I need as many Super-Secret Base QR codes as possible so I can get enough flags to get to Platinum Rank and catalogue everything that changes with each rank.

So any and all Secret Base QR codes would be nice. Thanks :)
That would be great for everyone.

Top Bottom