• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Panzon

How many times do you guys usually do the beauty contest? I just won the cool contest with electrike and now have cosplay Pikachu

Crayolan

So I just got the first badge I noticed they're using the Ruby/Sapphire Gym Leader lineups instead of the Emerald lineups....WHYYYYYYYY? And on top of that they slightly nerfed Roxanne's team. This game is gonna be a joke in terms of difficulty isn't it? :/

Hyunashi

So I just got the first badge I noticed they're using the Ruby/Sapphire Gym Leader lineups instead of the Emerald lineups....WHYYYYYYYY? And on top of that they slightly nerfed Roxanne's team. This game is gonna be a joke in terms of difficulty isn't it? :/

Apart from Norman's Slaking, I have had more troubles with OP dexnav pokemon compared with gyms.

Teknoman

Can you still do online battles with "passerbys"? Also it would be cool if we could have weekend battles where you fight with your current team early on.

Will there be a google spreadsheet for trainers any time soon?

Velcro Fly

Anyone happen to know what possible egg moves Shroomish can get? Thinking about grinding that DexNav level up to nab one with an egg move but if it's not worth it I'll stick with the level 7 one I've been raising.

Also is it cheating to trade over a Toxic Orb for my Poison Heal Shroomish?

Focus Punch. I'm tempted to catch it for lulz. Also Night Slash early in the game is fun but Slakoth sucks :(

Azuran

Banned
Ah, nice to see you can tell everyone you're actually a guy in your profile when playing as a girl >.>

Damn you Brendan! I hate not using my own name :/

yami4ct

I remember people saying Gen III had a lot of Water Pokemon, but actually playing the game again really helps it sink in. Think my first ORAS competitive team is going to be a rain team. Sure, it's pretty standard, but I've never done one and it seems fitting.

Only complain about the game so far is that they toned down the gym leaders waaaay too much. They're really easy now, so I've handicaped myself in order to experience a little more difficult in the game.
That said, I'm having a blast with the game and I can't stop playing, seeing Hoenn like this is just beatiful.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Only complain about the game so far is that they toned down the gym leaders waaaay too much. They're really easy now, so I've handicaped myself in order to experience a little more difficult in the game.
That said, I'm having a blast with the game and I can't stop playing, seeing Hoenn like this is just beatiful.
They're only less difficult because you have a higher level Pokemon because of the EXP share?

They're only less difficult because you have a higher level Pokemon because of the EXP share?

Not at all, turned that thing off after recieving it, I haven't even been grinding with wild pokemon, just fighting with trainers, and even then my Brave Ralts level 13 wrecked Brawley's entire team like it was made of paper.

cafemomo

eh they can tone down gym leaders all they want, only way this game can piss me off is if GF took out the braille because kids these days can't read a bunch of dots.

back then, I threw away the book so I had to go to the library to look up how to get past the secret chamber

eh they can tone down gym leaders all they want, only way this game can piss me off is if GF took out the braille because kids these days can't read a bunch of dots.

back then, I threw away the book so I had to go to the library to look up how to get past the secret chamber

Those were days indeed. I remember when the game came out there were all sort of rumours, and because I had no way of translating braille it was kinda funny and frustrating at the same time trying all sorts of things to get the regis.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not at all, turned that thing off after recieving it, I haven't even been grinding with wild pokemon, just fighting with trainers, and even then my Brave Ralts level 13 wrecked Brawley's entire team like it was made of paper.

That's nothing new though, if you go into a gym with a type advantage you'll rape face. It's pretty much always been like that. Natures aren't much of a factor til the postgame either.

Yeah it sucks

cafemomo

Those were days indeed. I remember when the game came out there were all sort of rumours, and because I had no way of translating braille it was kinda funny and frustrating at the same time trying all sorts of things to get the regis.

Rumors is one thing I miss about this series.

Were there any rumors surrounding DPPt?

I remember with RBGY there was the truck, pikablu, and something behind bill's house

With GSC I remember hearing about mewthree

and with RSE it was talk to the white rock a trillion times and you can go to space

Velcro Fly

Four hours in and I just got the first badge.

Shroomish was the star, killing everything. I even managed to cheese the sturdy Geodudes by Leech Seeding turn 1 and then Absorbing all their remaining HP on the next turn.

Team so far is level 14 Mudkip and level 13 Shroomish. For sure want to use Manectric and then I have no idea. Definitely want to use Gen 3 pokemon that I haven't used really. I have a level 9 Ralts with me but I used Gardy in my X playthrough.

That's nothing new though, if you go into a gym with a type advantage you'll rape face. It's pretty much always been like that. Natures aren't much of a factor til the postgame either.

You're right about that, but Brawley's original Makuhita (level 18) could have at least thrown a good punch. Anyways, not gonna keep complaining about that as it seems that some Gyms were actually tuned up in terms of level, though I have yet to test if this brings some difficulty up cause I haven't arrived to them yet.

Four hours in and I just got the first badge.

Shroomish was the star, killing everything. I even managed to cheese the sturdy Geodudes by Leech Seeding turn 1 and then Absorbing all their remaining HP on the next turn.

Team so far is level 14 Mudkip and level 13 Shroomish. For sure want to use Manectric and then I have no idea. Definitely want to use Gen 3 pokemon that I haven't used really. I have a level 9 Ralts with me but I used Gardy in my X playthrough.

I also used a Ralts on my Y playthrough and now I'm using it again, but this time I'm taking the Gallade route, maybe you could do the same?

So I've been messing around in the early areas of the game (before Rustboro) to activate Streetpass on my games and I've never had a horde encounter except for when I use Honey, and this is when filling up the DexNav in each area as I go. Is it possible to get random Horde encounters like in X/Y or is Sweet Scent/Honey required ? If it is possible is it triggered by some event or is my luck just impressively awful ?

Velcro Fly

I also used a Ralts on my Y playthrough and now I'm using it again, but this time I'm taking the Gallade route, maybe you could do the same?

My Ralts was female :(

I suppose I could go back and DexNav a male. I didn't know what I was doing with it when I first got the Ralts. But then I'd have two fighters on my team :(

Pogonip

Neo Member
Ended up picking up the game even though I was feeling very iffy about buying when I heard about no BF. I guess even in my 20s, I still can't resist not picking up each new game, especially if I can get that nostalgia rush.

Even though I'm roughly only 2 hours in (just about to go into Petalburg Woods), I like how faithful everything has been to the originals. The remixed music is spot on and is a pleasure to listen to. The new DexNav feature sounds like it'll make hunting wild Pokemon less of a bore.

Still, not including the Battle Frontier (or something similar) is a step backwards for Pokemon remakes, especially when you compare it to HG/SS which had everything from G/S/C that was worthwhile, plus new content and routes to explore. I feel the Battle Frontier would be more accessible for everyday gamers now too, with the ease of EV training and breeding a team compared to the original Gen 3 where it could take ages to make the perfect team. Even then, I only ever managed to get Silver Tokens from the Battle Pike and Battle Dome back in the day...

I guess I can hope for is they announce a Battle Frontier DLC in the near future. Pls don't make people buy a whole new version just for a better post game, Gamefreak :(

I'm having the same internal debate with Gardevoir, since it fits in perfectly with the way I like to build my teams for playing through the story... which is also why I end up using Gardevoir EVERY time I've played through RSE. Gallade would be an option, but I don't like to double up on types if I can avoid it, and I have Blaziken. I'm considering using the gift Metagross instead, but that goes against my team building sensibilities in other ways. I'll probably just use Gardevoir.

My story team will probably end up being Blaziken, Ludicolo, Wailord/Sharpedo/Milotic/Walrein, Manectric, Gardevoir, and Altaria/Salamence.

Shun

So I'm guessing we have to hold B to run until we get the bike then huh? Is it at least fast and not painfully slow to walk?

Is surfing still painfully slow?

Just when I was training a Ralts, the DexNav had to find a Taillow with Steel Wing. >.>

Your avatar reminded me that I still haven't transferred my shit from the demo.

Only one reward a day??? How do they come up with these pointless restrictions? Fortunately the only thing worth transferring besides Glalie is MAYBE the Heart Scales.

Top Bottom