• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I really don't want to ask because I don't want to go into a rage, but I after creating a perfect IV 31 Mega Gyarados in X, my cartridge fumbled outta my hands onto the floor of my mother's house and was banished for eternity. I had just bought Black 2 for trading

Can I pretty please trade from B/W to OR/AS?? Pretty please??

I really don't want to ask because I don't want to go into a rage, but I after creating a perfect IV 31 Mega Gyarados in X, my cartridge fumbled outta my hadns onto the floor of my mother's house and was banished for eternity. I had just bought Black 2 for Kuryem-B

pokemon bank works for this.

I really don't want to ask because I don't want to go into a rage, but I after creating a perfect IV 31 Mega Gyarados in X, my cartridge fumbled outta my hadns onto the floor of my mother's house and was banished for eternity. I had just bought Black 2 for Kuryem-B

Pokemon Bank.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've had this game for two days and I still haven't beaten the first gym just DexNaving and Sweet Scenting like a fiend.

Gotcha.. I can't believe it's an annual charge, but hey, when there are millions to be made....

It's a small fee and you are using their servers for cloud storage, so it's pretty fair.

DNAbro

Has anybody confirmed that you hear the Battle frontier brain music when you fight the in the battle Maison against the Chatelaines?

What's the nature and IVs for the Shiny Beldum? Fixed or random? Any good for competitive use?

It's probably going to be one of the premier pokemon of the competitive game. I want one on my team. Looks like you want a hasty/jolly one.
Mega Metagross is one of the new mega forms

Koren

I'm just trying to reset for good IV legendaries this time around. It's really a waste of time since I probably will never battle with them but whatever.
Would you care to explain what you're doing?

I know about IV and EV, but when are IV for legendaries seeded exactly? When you create the game, when you face the legendaries (or when you actually catch them)? How do you estimate those IVs?

Started my Nuzlocke on Omega Ruby last night. Things are going pretty well. Would people here be interested in reading Nuzlocke journal entries if I were to post them?
I'd probably do... I'm always interested in this kind of reports...

SeZMehK

Bah, I need to re-add a few people from here since I believe they removed me because I was inactive for awhile lol. *Looks at DaBoss* Luxury ftw! Lol

DaBoss

I just want to confirm again, do box legendaries respawn and have their stats reset?
Bah, I need to re-add a few people from here since I believe they removed me because I was inactive for awhile lol. *Looks at DaBoss* Luxury ftw! Lol
Did I really? My bad. I wouldn't have removed you had I known it was you. ;_;
I will not be able to nickname my (very own) XY Pokemon once they're in ORAS right?
Probably, I haven't tried that though.

I think Zigzagoon might be the cutest, most adorable Pokémon in existence.
Close, but not quite.
200px-Lotad.gif

Forkball

It's probably going to be one of the premier pokemon of the competitive game. I want one on my team. Looks like you want a hasty/jolly one.
Mega Metagross is one of the new mega forms

Can I just reset after receiving it when picking it up at the Pokemon Center, or will the random stats be locked after accepting the mystery gift?

Also I don't want to brag, but my Mudkip is wrecking these Wurmples.

Koren

Also... does someone know if Pokemon ORAS (or XY for that matter) save on the cart or on the SD card?

If it's on the SD card, I guess you can't backup the save* in case of a corrupted card?

(* you can't backup Animal Crossing saves, and I really fear the day my SD gets corrupted... Nintendo really should provide a way to backup those games where you invest quite a lot of time in it...)

Finally they made the trees that you can cut look like something that you need to cut, not something that you can just jump over.

And only my starter is still obeying me, the rest of my pokebank team is too overleveled.

backlot

Also... does someone know if Pokemon ORAS (or XY for that matter) save on the cart or on the SD card?

If it's on the SD card, I guess you can't backup the save* in case of a corrupted card?

(* you can't backup Animal Crossing saves, and I really fear the day my SD gets corrupted... Nintendo really should provide a way to backup those games where you invest quite a lot of time in it...)

They save to the cart.

spiritfox

Hah, pretty much killed Norman's lvl 30 Slaking with my lvl 24 HM slave Linoone. Charm is too good.

Too bad now I have to remove it for Surf.

MattyG

Banned
I was just thinking, I really wish Game freak would do some kind of universal trainer card/Pokedex. So basically, if you own both of the games, instead of having to trade Pokemon or transfer them with Pokemon Bank, you just link them somehow and the Pokedex data is shared. They'll never do something like that, but I can dream.

And is IV/EV training absolutely necessary if you want to play online? It seems like such a pain in the ass, but I want this game to last me longer than the 20 hours (basically one story playthrough and that was it) Y did.

Koren

And is IV/EV training absolutely necessary if you want to play online? It seems like such a pain in the ass, but I want this game to last me longer than the 20 hours (basically one story playthrough and that was it) Y did.
It can be more than 20h if you want to fill the dex as much as possible...

About online, I'm also curious... but IV/EV sure gives you an edge, and sinces there's probably a lot of hacked pokemon online with maxed IV/EV, and many powerful teams detailed online, I fully expected online with random people to be an exercise in frustration.

Wanace

Would you care to explain what you're doing?

I know about IV and EV, but when are IV for legendaries seeded exactly? When you create the game, when you face the legendaries (or when you actually catch them)? How do you estimate those IVs?

I'd probably do... I'm always interested in this kind of reports...

I save before encountering the legendary. If it's a situation like Lati@s, you save before you enter the room and trigger the cutscene.

I use a pokemon with the ability Synchronize and the nature that I wanted (in this case, Timid) to try and get the legendary to have the same nature.

Then after I capture it, I use this tool: http://www.metalkid.info/pokemon/calculators/iv.aspx

Input the information and it spits out the IVs.

If the nature/ivs aren't what i want, I soft reset and do it all again.

ZeroX03

Banned
I managed to win online pretty consistently without IV breeding in Gen V. EV training was a must though, and I bred for nature.

and sinces there's probably a lot of hacked pokemon online with maxed IV/EV

Max IV can be brought hacked from the old games, but even 1 point over the limit of EVs and the game will block the transfer.

Though I don't know how it is nowadays with powersave, I don't have one.

MattyG

Banned
Yes, otherwise you'll get wrecked left and right.

It can be more than 20h if you want to fill the dex as much as possible...

About online, I'm also curious... but IV/EV sure gives you an edge, and sinces there's probably a lot of hacked pokemon online with maxed IV/EV, and many powerful teams detailed online, I fully expected online with random people to be an exercise in frustration.
I guess your right about filling the Pokedex extending the play time. Don't know why I didn't bother, I'm usually all over it.

I guess I'll be looking into IV/EV training too. I want to do it so I can play online, but I don't want it to make the game less fun or anything. Maybe I'll just play OR normally and then play AS with IV/EV training.

I guess your right about filling the Pokedex extending the play time. Don't know why I didn't bother, I'm usually all over it.

I guess I'll be looking into IV/EV training too. I want to do it so I can play online, but I don't want it to make the game less fun or anything. Maybe I'll just play OR normally and then play AS with IV/EV training.

Get a 6 IV ditto from someone. It will make breeding stupidly fast. I bred my 5 IV (low att) ghastly w/ egg moves in about 40 minutes.

Dad

So you can't catch Aron until you hit Mauville? :/

Yep. Really messed with my plans since I wanted Aron and Mawile in my party. I don't follow GameFreak's logic at all on limiting early Pokemon availability.

They didn't bother to scale the levels for Granite Cave either, so all the wild Pokemon will be around level 10.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yep. Really messed with my plans since I wanted Aron and Mawile in my party. I don't follow GameFreak's logic at all on limiting early Pokemon availability.

They didn't bother to scale the levels for Granite Cave either, so all the wild Pokemon will be around level 10.

It's really fucking annoying. Ugh.

I feel like beating the Mauville gym is going to be a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom