• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

JoeM86

well they said you could catch every legend in game between this and X/Y, and they certainly weren't in X/Y, maybe they meant an event later on

Mythicals aren't Legends. They use different terminology for describing them. Only fans really call Mythical Pokémon "Legendary"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Only complain about the game so far is that they toned down the gym leaders waaaay too much. They're really easy now, so I've handicaped myself in order to experience a little more difficult in the game.
That said, I'm having a blast with the game and I can't stop playing, seeing Hoenn like this is just beatiful.

Only way I have ever been able to enjoy a Pokemon game is when I self-impose perma-death on my team. The campaign's are always too droll and tedious without that little fix. What is your handicap?

Can anyone tell why Pokemon still only has 1 game save slot? I bought a copy for my wife, and I wanted to play a little, and I forgot that shit still exists.

...Guess I'll go buy Sapphire too, like a sucker.

JoeM86

Guys, I need your help

I need as many Super-Secret Base QR codes as possible so I can get enough flags to get to Platinum Rank and catalogue everything that changes with each rank.

So any and all Secret Base QR codes would be nice. Thanks :)

I feel like anyone who hasn't played RSE would walk into the Trick House and not be clear on what to do since it no longer has the little shine telling you to look for something in the room.

Rocky

Banned
Hey guys, I bought both games a Nintendo World yesterday. I just noticed that they changed the Club Nintendo code from being an insert to printing it on the back of the cover paper. Are they are cracking down on people stealing codes from used games?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hey guys, I bought both games a Nintendo World yesterday. I just noticed that they changed the Club Nintendo code from being an insert to printing it on the back of the cover paper. Are they are cracking down on people stealing codes from used games?
Or saving paper.

As an XY player (looking through the glass) currently I dislike:
-How every ORAS trainer looks the exact same in the PSS (Default Serena and Callum, respectively)
-How traded Pokémon have their location as "Faraway place". Could have added the location data into v1.3...(especially as all the Kalos locations will appear in ORAS)

I do like:
-How dexnav makes wondertrash have the potential to be interesting/amusing* (though so far I'm looking at 1/6 success here).

*-I thought Ally Swap Ralts was bad and Memento Ralts worse. Synchromise Ralts might take the biscuit here (ally swap can do nothing, memento can only knock itself out, Sychronise is the troll of a high power move but only works on Pokemon of the same type)

Namikaze1

Okay, how the heck do you get to the scroll containing the code in the puzzle room where the room is dark and you can use flash? I've been trying everything. Still can't get over there.

Edit:
*head meets desk*
I'm so stupid...

Guys, I need your help

I need as many Super-Secret Base QR codes as possible so I can get enough flags to get to Platinum Rank and catalogue everything that changes with each rank.

So any and all Secret Base QR codes would be nice. Thanks :)

Still want the QR codes?

Kinokou

Do you guys like to nickname your Pokemon? I've never really liked doing it, but it seems like a lot of people do.

I do, if I don't have a plan ready I can spend hours being stuck on the starters nicknaming screen while looking for a fitting name.

And I love naming my competitive Pokemon too even if it can be a disadvantage if you play a lot against the same people. I try to keep duplicate Pokemon being named on the same first letter to keep it somewhat confusing and hopefully someone will mix up up Janus and Junus and make the wrong move.

rpowelll

Neo Member
It's probably been asked before, but does anyone have a high res version of the Hoenn world map from the OP? Would make an awesome wallpaper.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait till some random wild pokemon decides to jump on you when you sneaking up....

Already happened.

This one was worse though. It was in that place with all the ash, and as I was sneaking up on it the motherfucker popped out of a pile of ashes and startled me.

Only way I have ever been able to enjoy a Pokemon game is when I self-impose perma-death on my team. The campaign's are always too droll and tedious without that little fix. What is your handicap?

No grinding at all with wild pokemon, even if i capture an underleveled pokemon for my team, obviously no exp share, and also no healing in battle.

fek

Got a decent latias with perfect def, spdef and speed. HP and sp atk are both at least above 24 too so I will keep it
I was getting timid in every reset by the way, does synchronize works 100% of the time now?

Wanace

Got a decent latias with perfect def, spdef and speed. HP and sp atk are both at least above 24 too so I will keep it
I was getting timid in every reset by the way, does synchronize works 100% of the time now?

Yeah I'm doing the same now, I'm always getting Timid.

I'm thinking Synchronize might work 100% of the time for special pokemon?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any differences between the two versions? I was going to download the game sometime today/tomorrow but I wanted to ask first.

I usually have no preference with Pokemon games about picking one over the other.

Finding a Feebas was one of my biggest achievements back then.

Fact that I caught it with the Luxury Ball was a bonus too.

I also found a Shiny Carvanha before I found the Feebas

Top Bottom