• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

Dream Radar RNG... Ah, the memories...

Doing it on a PC is fucking horrifying.

Well the good news is that I have a dedicated SDHC card for me to farm DR with along with the saves backed up on my PC.

And in tandem with the available cart, there's a lot of room for trial and error with no fear. :D

I just have to find time to first set up that cart's parameters.

I'm also debating if I want to get Japanese DR on one of my Japanese 3DS for additional farming. I have a ton of coins on my n3ds, unused.

I really wish there was a LE Pokemon Center N3DS LL Mega Rayquaza edition. I'd get it to make it the primary Japanese 3DS, setting the XY LL and white N3DS with primal plates as secondaries.

If it weren't for arcades and tekken 7, I would only be playing Pokemon exclusively. Lol

Treating it like a pseudo MMO/loot game has really avoided franchise fatigue for me.

lupinko

I'll be doing that just because I didn't bother to RNG Thundurus and Tornados on my American 3DS and have no back-ups. >_>

It doesn't take that long, though if I didn't have lots of SDHC cards lying around it wouldn't be possible.

Also it's kinda annoying that my NA farming method is bonded to all my other purchases. On the Japanese front I can just separate it from my main 3DS. I'm just sitting on it right now for arbitrary reasons.

Facebook link? :D

Also I have spare HK Rayray codes if you want to help me redeem them for our trade bounty.
In one hour.

Sure, remind me when I'm back home on Monday. I should have some spare files but a lot of them are German, haha.

I will probably start more new files for Diancies and UK Hoopas.

lupinko

PreyingShark: Once I've set up the parameters once for said cart and DS, it's set for every time I want to use the cart right, like for any new games for TID/SID abuse or Dream Radar RNG?

lupinko

Oh this actually requires Facebook, so they did learn. I got mine!

Did you already redeem it? Got so many shinies for you ;) We also haven't traded the third gen shinies you wanted to RNG :D

It's sitting in one of my games, but I wanted to send it with a Mew which I haven't gotten around to RNGing yet.

And I am aware of my long delayed GAF giveaway, it will come, sorry folks.

Do you want me to redeem that too?

Edit: wait don't HK codes work on Pal games? Or is it only Pal games released in Anglo countries?

I can try redeeming it on mine. Still have a Rayquaza waiting for me that I'm SRing, though. Wouldn't redeeming this Diancie code, if succesful, replace that one?

Hegarol

Do you want me to redeem that too?

Edit: wait don't HK codes work on Pal games? Or is it only Pal games released in Anglo countries?
Usually it does work on ENG PAL, but bulbapedia says only japanese and chinese (?) consoles work. I will figure it out and get back to you.

Can't test it right now, as my OR currently has a German save file at the moment.

tiijj

Thanks!! got it!

M9MaqEm.jpg

lupinko

What. It's only been a hour...

All HK events work on PAL consoles but only ENG and JPN languages IIRC.

EDIT: 30 mins even.

Ah okay.

Usually it does work on ENG PAL, but bulbapedia says only japanese and chinese (?) consoles work. I will figure it out and get back to you.

Can't test it right now, as my OR currently has a German save file at the moment.

Well, I can just redeem it for you to trade along with that Hoopa.

How many shinies are coming my way again? I'll send breedables your way in return along with your events.

Muku

Wow. Out already? But it's just time to get up. :/ Well, guess I didn't need a another Diancie anyway. Just shocked it seems to have been done so early. Wonder if it's another case where someone managed to get a 1,000 codes in a short amount of time or something.

Hegarol

Wow. Out already? But it's just time to get up. :/ Well, guess I didn't need a another Diancie anyway. Just shocked it seems to have been done so early. Wonder if it's another case where someone managed to get a 1,000 codes in a short amount of time or something.
Not possible. It was one code per FB account.

lupinko

I will PM you

But it will still take a while until I get home.. like around 7 hours :p

Got your pm.

Not possible. It was one code per FB account.

I think with the fact it's well publicized (e.g. bulbapedia), and the compatibility ranging from Japanese NTSC and PAL games set to English or Japanese doesn't surprise me that it'd go poof so fast. I actually found on some Japanese blogs discussing non-Japanese events too.

Ahnez

Just learned that Smeargle can sketch Dark Void lol

Interesting lol Looks like its possible to make some unique move combinations with smeargle

turbocat

I took a break from my Squirtle breeding (as I was going insane) to prove to myself that shiny Pokemon do in fact exist. I went into the Friend Safari, and after maybe 20 minutes of random encounters, I caught a shiny Poliwhirl. Praise be to Helix.

Ahnez

What's the point of confirming the event without revealing the date? Its not like anything would change had they revealed the dates..

I probably won't manage to get a code anyway, just like Diancie last year..

Igo

Is Treecko a good starter for someone who doesn't have a clue what he's doing? I picked him because I read he attacks hard and fast (attacks first?), which appealed to me. On the other hand, Torchic seems like good choice as an all rounder against various types, but not as powerful. Would I have an easier time with him?

For an idea of how clueless I am, I just restarted because i discovered that i missed out on important moves by evolving Treecko when prompted. I really know nothing outside the rock paper scissors concept atm.

I'm not looked for easy mode, as I prefer a challenge, but I don't know how to build a team or moveset yet so i'm worried about hitting roadblocks if I choose the wrong character.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Treecko a good starter for someone who doesn't have a clue what he's doing? I picked him because I read he attacks hard and fast (attacks first?), which appealed to me. On the other hand, Torchic seems like good choice as an all rounder against various types, but not as powerful. Would I have an easier time with him?

For an idea of how clueless I am, I just restarted because i discovered that i missed out on important moves by evolving Treecko when prompted. I really know nothing outside the rock paper scissors concept atm.

I'm not looked for easy mode, as I prefer a challenge, but I don't know how to build a team or moveset yet so i'm worried about hitting roadblocks if I choose the wrong character.

Treeko is fine. They're all about even.

Top Bottom