• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

MicH

PM'd.

I have one more PAL/European Hoopa code to give away.

Just shout if you want it.
I would love to get one if you have any left. These events never reach Denmark, unfortunately

EDIT Thank you so much, Aveyn! I'm so happy that I was able to Hoopa after all! Thank you! :D

And now I have a Hoopa that will remain unreceived till I get my Shiny Rayquaza. :p Thanks a lot!

If necessary, you can change the order of Wonder Cards in the Wonder Card album to get Hoopa earlier.

I do it all the time when I got bored of soft-resetting for an older event Pokemon.

Muku

Question regarding critial capture rate since it was brought up. Something I've been meaning to ask forever... just always forgetting. Critial capture rate is based on if you've caught it before? At least that is something I've seen tossed around before. Obviously you have the different Pokeball capture rates, as well as rates by Pokemon. Is there anything involved I'm missing? Outside of mentioning Capture Power.

Ahnez

Question regarding critial capture rate since it was brought up. Something I've been meaning to ask forever... just always forgetting. Critial capture rate is based on if you've caught it before? At least that is something I've seen tossed around before. Obviously you have the different Pokeball capture rates, as well as rates by Pokemon. Is there anything involved I'm missing? Outside of mentioning Capture Power.

Critical capture is based on how many pokemon you have "caught" on your pokedex.

The highest possible modifier is when you have 600 or more, if I'm not wrong

When a critical happens the new chance of capture is the fourth root of regular chance

KingDirk

Just got back into this game something fierce after my wife started playing her copy again. Trying to breed seriously for the first time...have a 6IV bug stud in Venipede and a 6IV Fairy Stud in Roserade. Accidentally revived the trading post before I saw this community. How do these games get so darn addictive...

Just got my German Code for Hoopa, but I didn't realize that I can't redeem it on my NA copy of OR. If there is anyone in North America with a PAL copy of Pokemon and wants to trade Hoopa codes that would be awesome.
Otherwise, I have a few requests that may be kind of high, but I have a full dex and am now just really looking to breed some shinines using the MM-shiny charm method.
I'm looking for:
adamant blaze 5IV female charmander with dragon dance
timid contrary 5IV female snivy
timid protean 5IV female froakie
jolly female 5IV pawniard

turbocat

Just got back into this game something fierce after my wife started playing her copy again. Trying to breed seriously for the first time...have a 6IV bug stud in Venipede and a 6IV Fairy Stud in Roserade. Accidentally revived the trading post before I saw this community. How do these games get so darn addictive...

This. I don't know what happened to me, but over the last few weeks, I was compelled to start playing and breeding again.

Eggs come in, Pokemon come out. You can't explain that.

KingDirk

This. I don't know what happened to me, but over the last few weeks, I was compelled to start playing and breeding again.

Eggs come in, Pokemon come out. You can't explain that.

I am torn in terms of my headcanon as to whether people don't actually know if Pokemon are having sex or if the breeders just don't want to be the first person to tell a trainer about the Delibirds and the Beedrills.

Gonna xpost from the trading thread, but I am sitting on a bunch of Mudkips and am seeking out a Venipede with its HA or a Swoobat with its HA. Am open to all kinds of trades if PMd. Thanks!

exhume

Just got my German Code for Hoopa, but I didn't realize that I can't redeem it on my NA copy of OR. If there is anyone in North America with a PAL copy of Pokemon and wants to trade Hoopa codes that would be awesome.
Otherwise, I have a few requests that may be kind of high, but I have a full dex and am now just really looking to breed some shinines using the MM-shiny charm method.
I'm looking for:
adamant blaze 5IV female charmander with dragon dance
timid contrary 5IV female snivy
timid protean 5IV female froakie
jolly female 5IV pawniard

If no one's claimed that code of yours yet, I can maybe bang one of these together for you tonight. I have tons of Charmanders and Froakies in my bank but I'm not sure if any are female and I've gotta run off to work now!

Dang all of you with your fancy Hoopa codes ;) I'm hoping since the Hoopa movie is getting a release in Australia in a fortnight, we'll get a corresponding giveaway.

Seil

Bleh. I'm at around 550 right now. Screw having to breed so many more Pokemon.

It's a big investment, but it's so useful for future games lol. Since I have a living dex, I'll have a shiny charm as soon as possible in the next Gen VI game, for example.

That said, I considered working on one the past few generations and, while I made a lot of progress in Gen V, I didn't actually get around to finishing it until XY.

It's a big investment, but it's so useful for future games lol. Since I have a living dex, I'll have a shiny charm as soon as possible in the next Gen VI game, for example.

That said, I considered working on one the past few generations and, while I made a lot of progress in Gen V, I didn't actually get around to finishing it until XY.

I traded a decent amount of Pokemon that I can't get now to reach this point. I might just slowly work on it one gen at a time.

turbocat

Many thanks to Seil for helping me out with my request. Will probably nag people here for separate things as I am shameless.

There are several people here including me that have a full living dex, and everyone here is pretty cool, so you won't have any shortage of help if you need it.

Seil

Many thanks to Seil for helping me out with my request. Will probably nag people here for separate things as I am shameless.

No problem. And yeah, as above, always glad to help when I can. What's the point of having the collection if I don't make some use of it haha. The only breedable HA's I'm missing are the Gen VI fossils, which I should get my hands on at some point. They constantly escape my mind because my collection focuses on Luxury Balls and well, they're among the very few that can't be in them.

The only female, breed-able Pokemon that can't be in a Luxury Ball(legitimately) are the Gen 3-5 starters, Archen, Tyrunt and Amaura. Gen II starters can't have their HA in a Luxury Ball, though. I'd hoped, since the Friend Safari gave us wild Gen I and VI starters, that ORAS would expand the roster but no such luck.

If no one's claimed that code of yours yet, I can maybe bang one of these together for you tonight. I have tons of Charmanders and Froakies in my bank but I'm not sure if any are female and I've gotta run off to work now!

Dang all of you with your fancy Hoopa codes ;) I'm hoping since the Hoopa movie is getting a release in Australia in a fortnight, we'll get a corresponding giveaway.

No one has claimed it yet and I would definitely be down for either.

Also, I have some other 5IV pokemon for breeding purposes to trade.
3x female jolly justified Absol in a premier ball (one is EV trained with pokerus as well) + 1 male with play rough
1 female adamant gale wings Fletchling in a luxury ball
1 male jolly Sneasal with ice shard and icicle crash
1 female adamant technician scyther in a poke ball
2x male modest adaptability Eevee
3x male adamant blaze Charmander in a luxury ball with dragon dance

JoeM86

Don't forget, EU people, changing the clock back for DST does screw with the in-game clock so time-based events won't work for around 2 days after the first time saving after the change

KingDirk

Just realized yesterday while catching the legendaries in Omega Ruby that the portals are rings of Hoopa's. Pretty cool, though how powerful does it have to be if it can steal arbiters of time and space...

Muku

Don't forget, EU people, changing the clock back for DST does screw with the in-game clock so time-based events won't work for around 2 days after the first time saving after the change

I understand why they did this but at same time... ugh. Also, DST needs to die in a fire anyway. Miss living in a country that didn't observe it.

I noticed last week that I'd forgotten to change my from EDT to PDT. I figured with time change coming up if I was going to have to screw myself, I'd just wait until time change happened.

Edit: Quick question on time changes actually. I've been SRing for Coballion since the start of time at this point. (He's on his way to surpass Heatran at this point.) If I'm still in middle of SRing for him and change my time, does that screw me?

Ahnez

I understand why they did this but at same time... ugh. Also, DST needs to die in a fire anyway. Miss living in a country that didn't observe it.

I noticed last week that I'd forgotten to change my from EDT to PDT. I figured with time change coming up if I was going to have to screw myself, I'd just wait until time change happened.

Edit: Quick question on time changes actually. I've been SRing for Coballion since the start of time at this point. (He's on his way to surpass Heatran at this point.) If I'm still in middle of SRing for him and change my time, does that screw me?

Changing the clock stops any time-based event for 24 hours.

So you won't be able to find the mirage spot, as it is based on the day of the week.

But I think if you save inside the mirage spot and then change the time, you will still be able to SR for it, as the only time-based event involved is the one to reach the spot :p

I didn't change the time on my 3DS exactly to avoid this lol

Muku

So you won't be able to find the mirage spot, as it is based on the day of the week.

But I think if you save inside the mirage spot and then change the time, you will still be able to SR for it, as the only time-based event involved is the one to reach the spot :p

Okay, that's what I was curious about. I saved inside the spot just so I can restart each time and enter the one that leads to Coballion. Thank you. Yeah, I might hold off on changing time since 3 hours difference won't mean that much to me right now.

And right before this Arceus had pity on me. Blue and green Coballion shone its' way into battle with my Stantler. Saw the colors before the sparkles. Hype! Didn't take long before Mew was one widdling Coballion down. More like since he has max friendship he was critting him to death. Two Ice Beam crits and a red slither later -- all the while holding my breath because Mew was doing TOO well -- and start tossing Poke Balls.

First one, wasted. Second one, wasted. Before I throw the third I see he's got the paralyze jitters. I pray to Arceus. Rattle once. Rattle twice. Rattle thrice. CLICK. Woohoo! First one I've managed to get into a Poke Ball before the legendary starts to run out of moves. Stoked! Now to get out of here and actually work on the catching o-power.

And Coballion did not go over Heatran's strangely enough. They have both tied at showing up on turn 2247. :O

Now that I finally completed my Pokedex I'm not sure what to do. I could try getting into breeding but I know almost nothing about it other than Everstone transfers the parents nature to the baby.

Ahnez

Okay, that's what I was curious about. I saved inside the spot just so I can restart each time and enter the one that leads to Coballion. Thank you. Yeah, I might hold off on changing time since 3 hours difference won't mean that much to me right now.

And right before this Arceus had pity on me. Blue and green Coballion shone its' way into battle with my Stantler. Saw the colors before the sparkles. Hype! Didn't take long before Mew was one widdling Coballion down. More like since he has max friendship he was critting him to death. Two Ice Beam crits and a red slither later -- all the while holding my breath because Mew was doing TOO well -- and start tossing Poke Balls.

First one, wasted. Second one, wasted. Before I throw the third I see he's got the paralyze jitters. I pray to Arceus. Rattle once. Rattle twice. Rattle thrice. CLICK. Woohoo! First one I've managed to get into a Poke Ball before the legendary starts to run out of moves. Stoked! Now to get out of here and actually work on the catching o-power.

And Coballion did not go over Heatran's strangely enough. They have both tied at showing up on turn 2247. :O

First, congratulations lol

I really wanted to shiny hunt.. I said this many times before, but I still don't have the shiny charm, so nope :p

Also..

wat how

Muku

First, congratulations lol

I really wanted to shiny hunt.. I said this many times before, but I still don't have the shiny charm, so nope :p

Also..

wat how

Thank you! :D Been a while since I've seen a shiny so made my evening.

They just worked out to be the same turn, which is strange. I'd sworn Cobalion went over at least by a few. Then I looked at my log, and nope. Heatrans was logged at showing up at 2247 too. That took me by surprised. Hope that doesn't become my lucky number for shiny legendaries now. LOL. (Sooner would be better!)

Edit: Fortunately not going for stats and all, because this guy is a troll. Naughty but IVs of 16 - 17 / 31 / 31 / 18 - 19 / 31 / 18 - 19.

Troll in regard to nature and stupid SpDef being maxed.

Ahnez

Thank you! :D Been a while since I've seen a shiny so made my evening.

They just worked out to be the same turn, which is strange. I'd sworn Cobalion went over at least by a few. Then I looked at my log, and nope. Heatrans was logged at showing up at 2247 too. That took me by surprised. Hope that doesn't become my lucky number for shiny legendaries now. LOL. (Sooner would be better!)

Edit: Fortunately not going for stats and all, because this guy is a troll. Naughty but IVs of 16 - 17 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 18 - 19 / 31 / 18 - 19.

If you got the same number twice, then it is yours forever lol

JoeM86

Not quite.

It's 24 hours then beyond the next midnight from the last save. If you don't save after having changed it, it won't fix itself.

You're in luck. I'm heading out to town again today : )

1C9BVF8.png

Oswen

You're in luck. I'm heading out to town again today : )

Should you ever happen to have more spares, could I please get one aswell? I would be eternally grateful!

Anyway, old question: Psyshock vs Psichic for (Mega) Alakazam?
Without running any sort of boosting moves I find Psichic to be better for the power increase mostly because Alakazam is a hit and run pokemon, not to mention that those mons weak to psychic are usually weaker on the special side (I think?).

Psyshock, however, turns it into a mixed wallbreaker without needing to invest in attack which is also very nice and makes it able to deal with Chansey/Blissey which are one of its nemesis since the dawn of time.

I know that, overall, it all boils down to team composition but well...if it could only learn Psystrike everything would be much easier!

Thinking on it, the clock change probably messed the training Blissey timer, too bad.

Spyware

Joining the queue for a EU code I guess! :)
People are so kind!

Northern Sweden is a horrible place to live if you want Pokémon events. The few times we get them I can't grab a code because I would have to travel 260 kilometers for it. :O

I am posting again because I changed my mind what I am looking for and there still seems to be a few people asking for Hoopa codes and I haven't received any offers yet.

I am offering
1 PAL Hoopa Code (Germany)

Everything else is NA (Canada, with IV's given by HP/Atk/Def/Sp.A./Sp.D./Spd)
3x Absol female jolly justified (31/31/31/x/31/31) in a premier ball with play rough (one is EV trained with pokerus as well)
1x Absol male (31/31/31/x/31/31) with play rough (Good for breeding field group shinies using MM)
1x female (31/31/31/x/31/31) adamant gale wings Fletchling in a luxury ball
1x male (31/31/31/x/31/31) jolly Sneasal with ice shard and icicle crash (Also field group)
1x female (31/31/31/x/31/31) adamant technician scyther in a poke ball
2x male (31/x/31/31/31/31) modest adaptability Eevee (also field)
3x male (31/31/31/x/31/31) adamant blaze Charmander in a luxury ball with dragon dance (monster and dragon breeding groups)

Looking for:
PAL Male (31/31/31/x/31/31) pokemon in the monster, dragon or human-like breeding groups
PAL Male (31/x/31/31/31/31) pokemon in the field, grass or water 1 breeding groups

Aw nuts, missed that post.

If anyone gets an extra European code sometime, I'd be more than happy to take it off their hands. Probably won't be able to get it any time soon otherwise. :lol

Should you ever happen to have more spares, could I please get one aswell? I would be eternally grateful!

Incredibly generous with hoopa codes you are.

*notsubtlehint* If anyone else manages to get a spare EU one, I need one as well ;-;

Joining the queue for a EU code I guess! :)
People are so kind!

Northern Sweden is a horrible place to live if you want Pokémon events. The few times we get them I can't grab a code because I would have to travel 260 kilometers for it. :O
PM'd.

I'm out of codes again.

BTW, if anyone has a spare legit and uncloned Meloetta, please let me know.

Top Bottom