• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

I actually ran into a shiny Gulpin yesterday while EV training in hordes. I also ended up killing it because I switched Palkia to Venasaur and used Razor Leaf which I didn't know (or care to look at the touch screen) hit all targets instead of one.

It'll appear again I'm sure thanks to the shiny charm but damn. I haven't killed a shiny by accident since shiny Volbeat.

The lost shinies from pokecalypse are not the same kind of accident.

Bladenic

Can someone explain or mathematically show me how a Mega Manetric Thunderbolt only did like 50% to a Typhlosion while a Flamethrower from it did 90% to my M. Manetric? I really can't understand

Can someone explain or mathematically show me how a Mega Manetric Thunderbolt only did like 50% to a Typhlosion while a Flamethrower from it did 90% to my M. Manetric? I really can't understand
Low damage roll for Thunderbolt, maybe some minor bulk investment from the Typhlosion too. The lowest damage roll from Thunderbolt generally won't even do 60% to Typhlosion. Add in some bulk and there you go.

For Typhlosion, either Blaze activated (33% HP or less) or it had an item like Specs or a Life Orb. Sun would also do the trick. All of those but Life Orb would add a 1.5x multiplier to flamethrower which does around 60% normally.

Bladenic

Low damage roll for Thunderbolt, maybe some minor bulk investment from the Typhlosion too. The lowest damage roll from Thunderbolt generally won't even do 60% to Typhlosion. Add in some bulk and there you go.

For Typhlosion, either Blaze activated (33% HP or less) or it had an item like Specs or a Life Orb. Sun would also do the trick. All of those but Life Orb would add a 1.5x multiplier to flamethrower which does around 60% normally.

Actually I do think my attack activated Blaze (it already had about a quarter of health gone). It didn't have any of those items, unless it had Charcoal. And I dunno about bulk cuz my friend only recently acquired him but he did train from a Cyndaquil so it's possible he picked up some Sp. Def EVs. I was just a bit surprised considering Typhlosion doesn't have more than average bulk and M. Manetric has high sp. attack ( I didn't EV train mine though). Should've used Rain Dance

lupinko

I'm going to guess there will be another Victini event for Japan very soon, if not later this year then next, because it'll be the 5th Anniversary of the Tohoku PC. Victini is the mascot for said PC, and yes it's the same one with Tanabata Jirachi every year.

JoeM86

I'm going to guess there will be another Victini event for Japan very soon, if not later this year then next, because it'll be the 5th Anniversary of the Tohoku PC. Victini is the mascot for said PC, and yes it's the same one with Tanabata Jirachi every year.

Makes sense.

Mew event in February is a given, too, considering the 20th anniversary. Plus it's one of a few Pokémon not available with the blue pentagon. Other being Meloetta. Manaphy got it due to a Korean event.

lupinko

Makes sense.

Mew event in February is a given, too, considering the 20th anniversary. Plus it's one of a few Pokémon not available with the blue pentagon. Other being Meloetta. Manaphy got it due to a Korean event.

Yup, I know of said Manaphy because thanks to Aveyn and our trade partnership, we scored four, one for him and three for me! :D

Also Genesect is another, I figure that could be the movie ticket prebuy bonus next year. Or Genesect loses its status as a mythical like Deoxys in Z/X2Y2/XZYZ/ZXZY/XY&Z/Z&DE.

Hatchtag

Banned
So I just booted this game up for the first time in a while. I have a Japanese copy on a Japanese 3DS, though I play the game in English. Upon booting it up, I keep getting some error message on the bottom screen, the only word of which I understand is OFF.
Some other notes:
-It's a digital copy
-No updates are available, I checked
-Pokemon Bank still recognizes the game and allows me to browse the Pokemon in my PC

Anyone have any advice?

StoneFox

One time somebody Wonder Traded me a level 100 Shiny Feraligatr with HA, EV trained and with perfect stats. I'm not completely sure, but I think it just might have been hacked.
I feel like these kind of people think they are doing other people a favor by giving away battle-ready, perfect pokemon but I would re-trade it if such things ever came my way. I prefer to breed my own because then I can nickname them :p

Then again I WT my breedjects all the time so I might have helped someone breed their own perfect mon. Maybe. I like to think so. :3

Zing

Banned
My daughter once received in wonder trade a shiny Dragonite, level 100, perfect everything, with POKERUS. I thought it was ridiculous, but she used it to beat the elite four anyway. Haha.

lupinko

I think I'm sorta burnt out right now, mainly because lately I've been trying to RNG or SR for:

Black TID/SID RNG (I actually have to play up a bit to set up my DS parameters)
AS Shiny Thundurus SR
Pearl Shiny Adamant Regigigas RNG
HG Shiny Timid Starter RNG
X Shiny Fennekin or Female Modest Fennekin (for arbitrary reasons) Starter SR
LG Shiny Zapdos SR
FR Shiny Articuno SR
X MM breeding shiny Togepi Round 2
White 2 Timid Virizion RNG
SS TID/SID RNG

In addition to playing XD to eventually get to RNG Tri-attack Togepi and eventually Lugia and the birds. Maybe singing Kangha and Mawile too.

I didn't mention RSE RNG since those games are a cakewalk for me at this point.

I've also fully EV trained two Honedge, two Scyther, a Flabebe and a Togepi.

I'm EV training Starly too and all my other ready for VGC mon.

Start off with the Virizion since that should be the easiest one as long as the Timer0 value doesn't troll you. Pearl shouldn't be too bad either, just tedious.

WarAdept

Goddamn you Meloetta. Don't know why I didn't participate in the event when I was playing BW/BW2, but you forever are the one unmarked stain on an otherwise perfect Pokedex.

7 days of SR Reshiram and counting...

Come on Shiny Charm, put in some work for daddy.

lupinko

Wow, those sound super rare and difficult, lol - feel free to take a break, no pressure except on yourself :)

I thought I was burnt out this morning but now I'm getting in the mood to RNG again later after work today. Lol

Start off with the Virizion since that should be the easiest one as long as the Timer0 value doesn't troll you. Pearl shouldn't be too bad either, just tedious.

I took a break from Shiny Virizion, and I actually got the delay quickly for Shiny Regigigas but I forgot to move the frame with the page flips. Now I'm chasing that again.

After Regigigas I want to go for this great I think 3-4 naughty shiny spread I found for Giratina in Pearl, and will try to have a go at the TID/SID abuse for both Japanese Black and White. Speaking of Pearl where I caught shiny Ponyta, Palkia and Mesprit, after Regigigas, I have Cres and Heatran on that cart left I think. On my North American White I have Landorus and Kyurem left to go.

Goddamn you Meloetta. Don't know why I didn't participate in the event when I was playing BW/BW2, but you forever are the one unmarked stain on an otherwise perfect Pokedex.

7 days of SR Reshiram and counting...

Come on Shiny Charm, put in some work for daddy.

If you don't mind a clone, I can give you a Meloetta.

Now this isn't the Meloetta I got from that used Japanese Black 2. :D

WarAdept

If you don't mind a clone, I can give you a Meloetta.

Now this isn't the Meloetta I got from that used Japanese Black 2. :D

That would be amazing! I'm not too fussed as long as the thing can be put in the Bank. Is there anything you want for it? I think have a few spare legendaries and maybe some 4IV Drilbur's lying around.

Hegarol

Nintendo NL website says its a Mystical pokemon that was never available before in the netherlands.

It probably is Hoopa. Can't wait for the German distribution that should start soon.

lupinko

That would be amazing! I'm not too fussed as long as the thing can be put in the Bank. Is there anything you want for it? I think have a few spare legendaries and maybe some 4IV Drilbur's lying around.

Sure I'll take that Drilbur, it's just to help you out.

joelseph

I will take all of your rejects!

First up:

galvantula.jpg

Timid

Compound Eyes

+SpD +SpA

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Thunder Wave
Something

turbocat

First up:

galvantula.jpg

Timid

Compound Eyes

+SpD +SpA

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Thunder Wave
Something

I should be available tonight to trade, and I'll get you my IGN/FC/all that crap. I have like...900 5IV Rain Dish Squirtles with Dragon and Aura Pulse. Would one of those be okay?

Also, if anyone else wants one, just let me know and we can trade. I'm on MST, and I don't get home from work until about 5:30ish.

Congrats!

Also, my White 2 came in. Cool, it had the box and everything. Let's check out the save fi- Oh shit, this Japanese kid went to the 12th movie. SCORE!

Just hatched a Shiny Swablu. I was trying to breed these up to 5IV as my OCD can't take having 4IV for this line of species (the shiny was like it mother missing defence and attack IVs). No Shiny charm yet in this game either.

Meanwhile I've only been getting shinies through WT, but unfortunately they're probably all hacked.

Oh well. I'm afraid of bringing them into rating battles though

Top Bottom