• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I guess you can quickly reject bad newborns, but as you come closer to perfect IVs, aren't all of them "outstanding"?

Yeah, 5x31 is 155 and after 151 he starts saying "outstanding". But eventually you start seeing the matrix, like Neo did. For an example: that one newborn with 1 less stat in attack? Trash. That other one with 1 less HP? Trash too.

In the end you do like the spartans.

No problem.

EDIT: What's up with me and last post of the page? I manage to do that every single time, FFS.

braves01

Banned
Just talked to
Lanette on route whatever
and now have organize boxes as the top item on my pc. Biggest secret feature of this game.

So how good is the Shiny Beldum? I wanna use it on my team but if it breaks the game then eh.

It's probably the most OP Beldum you'll ever see in any game that has them. Mostly because it wont be killing itself to attack until lvl 20. I'm resetting the gift one hoping to get one I can use later down the road.

Joqu

I'd say that's the trick...

I began building thins kind of pool in black, but it's a lot of work... Once you have a lot of 4IV+ parents, I guess things are getting easier, no doubt.

I guess you can quickly reject bad newborns, but as you come closer to perfect IVs, aren't all of them "outstanding"?

He'll call em outstanding for sure but keep in mind that he'll judge the stats individually as well. In XY he'll say a stat "can't be beat" when it's perfect so I usually don't have to pay too much attention to things other than that unless I'm going for something specific.

I gotta say I usually settle with 5 perfect IVs though, as long as the sixth stat is unneeded or high enough in the 20s I'm not going to complain.

edit: oh yeah keep in mind that with XY a few stats will be perfect with friend safari and baby pokemon so that'll definitely help out your pool. Not sure if it's the same with the dex nav ones in ORAS.

DarkKyo

I just got this through wonder trade. Is it as cool/special as I think it is? I know it's shiny, but like, are shinies of these guys common or something?

MTCXcFE.png

Velcro Fly

Hell yeah caught a Taillow with Boomburst

Also got that crown in Petalburg Woods while going back to level this Taillow a little bit

braves01

Banned
Well, we can't see if the roof of the cave collapsed near the craters collapsed :p

Based on the lack of sunlight, I'm guessing the roof is intact. When unlock the open world flying I'll fly over and check, lol. I suppose Pokemon could be making the craters like ryosuke suggested above, but I don't think they're big enough or falling from high enough to make craters like that.

"My little Marshtomp can't be this cute"

I just won Normal rank Cuteness contest with my Marshtomp and it was a lot of fun. I really missed the contests and the way they are back is just great, can't wait to Mega Evolve and go HAM on the other contestants asses.

I just got this through wonder trade. Is it as cool/special as I think it is? I know it's shiny, but like, are shinies of these guys common or something?

High chance it's edited. Shinies are possible when bred. And getting 6 IV shiny takes time. However the Master Ball cannot be passed down in breeding so thats the biggest red flag. And since it's a japanese pokemon then it's a high chance it's an edited pokemon

High chance it's edited. Shinies are possible when bred. And getting 6 IV shiny takes time. However the Master Ball cannot be passed down in breeding so thats the biggest red flag. And since it's a japanese pokemon then it's a high chance it's an edited pokemon

Higher chance, sure, but I still remember the times when seeing a shiny in a master ball meant that it was probably legit. I used mine on the shiny Machoke that I found.

It's not a Master Ball. Please don't drink and GAF. :p

It's not a Master Ball. Please don't drink and GAF. :p

Didn't zoom into the picture lol. Looked like a master ball when it's shrunk lol.

Since it's not a Master Ball it's entirely possible it's legit. Definitely lowers the chance.

And playing AS while on GAF is almost as distracting as drinking lol.

It's okay, there are times where I put something down and then immediately wonder where that item went.

EDIT: That is complete and utter bullshit, yes.

Koren

Nah, the real trick is to RNG a 6IV Ditto in Gen V :p
Yeah, I guess this helps ;)

(I've yet to refresh some ideas on breeding, but I thought you couldn't catch a 6IV in the wild and had to breed it...)

Yeah, 5x31 is 155 and after 151 he starts saying "outstanding". But eventually you start seeing the matrix, like Neo did. For an example: that one newborn with 1 less stat in attack? Trash. That other one with 1 less HP? Trash too.
I guess so... I'm no there yet, though.

He'll call em outstanding for sure but keep in mind that he'll judge the stats individually as well.
Yes, but since he's talking about the highest, I though that as long as you have a 31 IV, it was pretty useless to get informations about the other IVs. Or I missed something important...

edit: oh yeah keep in mind that with XY a few stats will be perfect with friend safari and baby pokemon so that'll definitely help out your pool.
Interesting... I played B/W and B/W2 late, so I've yet to play X/Y. I haven't enough time to play all games, breed pokemons, and still do something else in my life (including other games)

Anyway, thanks to both of you for your advices...

Basically, breeding in Gen VI is, once you have the hang of it, something that can be done in a single episode of Castle or Game of Thrones.

In comparison, breeding in Gen V is cancer.

nah Ampharos didn't had any particular event for it'd shiny is as rare as anyone. Weird color, looks like Barney.

I'd say that's the trick...

I began building thins kind of pool in black, but it's a lot of work... Once you have a lot of 4IV+ parents, I guess things are getting easier, no doubt.

Sort of. Most of them have a crappy stat in the one you really need.

A Pokemon with 0/31/31/31/31/31 is a bad pokemon : /

Having the right inheritence items and something else to do while you hatch is the trick. GL

Basically, breeding in Gen VI is, once you have the hang of it, something that can be done in a single episode of Castle or Game of Thrones.

In comparison, breeding in Gen V is cancer.

True dat

One thing that I never mentioned but it started to bother me is the audience in Super Training.

Who the hell would watch that crap? And it lasts not even 3 minutes, FFS.

The DexNav is pretty damn addicting.

It's putting my progress to a massive halt.

It's also causing more money problems than clothing did in X/Y.

Joqu

Yes, but since he's talking about the highest, I though that as long as you have a 31 IV, it was pretty useless to get informations about the other IVs. Or I missed something important...

I don't remember if it was any different in B/W but he'll definitely talk about stats individually in XY.

Also since XY legendaries are guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs so resetting for those has gotten way easier too. They have definitely improved on things in in gen VI.

Koren

Sort of. Most of them have a crappy stat in the one you really need.

A Pokemon with 0/31/31/31/31/31 is a bad pokemon : /
Forgot the order, but I guess the first one is HP... If so, I concurr.

The idea I had was that, when you know the first four IV are in the 31 range, and when you want to get a good 5th IV, the total is 124 + [5th IV] + [6th IV]. Knowing that the pokemon is outstanding don't even give you a garantie that the 5th IV is above 0 (assuming the 6th one is high), and if the judge talk about individual stats, he can speak about great HP IV and Speed IV, and you'll don't know more.

That being said, I may have misunderstood some parts about the breeding system, or the judge, since my best pokemon is only a 3x31 IV one. The road ahead is still long.

Growlie19

About to challenge Winona. My team is (Mega) Sceptile and Tentacruel with Latias, Mightyena, and Swellow filling the gaps until I find more interesting mons. I'm thinking Medicham and Ninetales
if only Growlithe was in the Pokédex...
with one other, maybe Froslass? The last slot will be a water HM slave.

As for the DexNav, the best I've gotten is a No Guard Machop with Close Combat and a Lucky Egg holding Pelipper.

I gotta say I usually settle with 5 perfect IVs though, as long as the sixth stat is unneeded or high enough in the 20s I'm not going to complain.

edit: oh yeah keep in mind that with XY a few stats will be perfect with friend safari and baby pokemon so that'll definitely help out your pool. Not sure if it's the same with the dex nav ones in ORAS.
I go up to 6IVs only if I'm breeding something for wonder trade Wednesday (I'm going to hatch loads anyway so by chance some of them will 6* perfect) but otherwise stop at 5

Dex nav potential stars=perfect IV, maxes at 3.

Correct he is useless for non 31 or 0 IVs but most of the time you want a 5*31 IV spread.

Gen VI making it so holding the destiny knot passes 5 (of the 12) IVs from parents helps a lot (normally it is only 3 of the 12), if it were still Gen V I'd say be happy with 3 perfects. For an idea of odds, play with this.

If your goals don't warrant 5*31 IV spread for example Hidden power (HP) Ice on *insert electric type* (it helps electric types deal with ground and grass) you have to supplement the judge with other things but ultimately going to the battle institute (open postgame) as this temporarily makes you level 50. From there using a calculator is accurate.

My HP Ice routine is (fresh in my mind as I just made my first HP Ice Pokemon, a male Eevee for Jolteon and Manectric):
-HP type checker, trash anything that isn't Dragon or Ice (as we want 31/x/30/31/31/31, those two hidden powers are the only ones that meet that stat spread)
-IV Judge, trash anything that isn't 31/x/x/31/31/31
-Battle institute and calculate away hoping for 31/x/30/31/31/31

Of course getting a parent with 31/x/30/31/31/31 (and then getting it in the correct nature) was the hardest part of that.

shiny charm exists in these versions?
It sure does and it might be slightly easier to get too because the official site implies the national dex can be completed with some legendary Pokemon missing, it being official they would know the difference between legendary and mythical (mythical are ones from events and have not been needed).

Top Bottom