• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

So anyone interested in these Zorua eggs, I'll hold them for you.

They are all male, naive, in premier balls, with the following egg moves:
- Counter
- Memento
- Sucker Punch
- Extrasensory

Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.31.31.31.25.31 [2542]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.31.31.31.24.31 [1797]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.30.31.31.31.31 [2283]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.30.31.31.31.31 [0949]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.31.31.31.18.31 [4081]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.31.31.31.28.31 [3737]

The number in the square brackets is the matching TSV, if yours matches, you will hatch said Zorua as a shiny. =)

I don't want anything for them, this is just for me to give them a good home or I can just release them after I hatch them.

I believe so

Ah okay, thanks for confirming.

Hegarol

Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.31.31.31.25.31 [2542]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.30.31.31.31.31 [2283]
Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.30.31.31.31.31 [0949]
2542,1797 and 0949 have active hatchers on Reddit. Would gladly take one for my shiny dex, preferably 0949 :)

Muku

Ready for Zygarde this week. Want to start farrrrrrrrmmmmmmming for mah PokeBank boxes. So ready. Also, really happy they release Xerneas and Yveltal shiny. I'd have farmed for them if given chance, but this was way better, haha.

Vorheez

I just wanted to express my appreciation for MasterSheen taking the time to get me a shiny koffing. I have wanted one for years, and he made it happen!

backlot

Oh, I completely missed this: "Additionally, Pokémon in Standard format battles will return to requiring the blue pentagon, meaning you cannot bring them into your game via the Poké Transporter. "

Blue Pentagon is back on Battle Spot as of Tuesday

That is fantastic news! Guess they just took it down during VGC's off season?

Muku

I just wanted to express my appreciation for MasterSheen taking the time to get me a shiny koffing. I have wanted one for years, and he made it happen!

Congrats! :D

Edit: Just going to say I'm really thankful for this Pokemon community. We're honest and don't try to hide things from each other regarding the Pokemon we have (say its probably hacked, doesn't seem legit, etc.). Just dealings in another one make me really appreciate GAF.

In addition to that, I have a curiousity question for yall. Say someone has a legit MYSTRY Mew. (Can replace that with any other event really.) They then clone it and trade the clones. Would yall still consider that legit and untouched? If so, what would you use as a better term to describe it then? (Without using the term 'clone' blatantly.)

Hegarol

Muku you have to decide for yourself.

In my collection I have unique events and a few cloned legits (for high-profile events that I wouldn't get in any other way). I am ok with it as long as the event was legitimately received.
Remember though: IF you clone you end with two cloned pokemon. There is no original and its clone, there are just two cloned ones.

Muku

Muku you have to decide for yourself.

In my collection I have unique events and a few cloned legits (for high-profile events that I wouldn't get in any other way). I am ok with it as long as the event was legitimately received.
Remember though: IF you clone you end with two cloned pokemon. There is no original and its clone, there are just two cloned ones.

I'm just curious what others think regarding it. I don't consider them untouched. Legit maybe but while they weren't powersave'd edited, they're touched in fact of cloned. Someone was trading a bunch of stuff. Was curious until I realized how much stuff he was offering. I just don't dig that anymore. Mainly because my events I farmed that are pure. What folks do with it afterwards is up to them. But I trade with the intent that I want the same in return. I guess a lot of folks just don't know what to call clones without saying it up front. Legit/untouched fine, but at least admit they're clones. Eh just something that came up today I find interesting. It's a gray zone.

lupinko

2542,1797 and 0949 have active hatchers on Reddit. Would gladly take one for my shiny dex, preferably 0949 :)

Sure, hmm could you find someone to hatch one of my 6IV? I'm just going to say screw it. I guess could you also hatch one of the 5IV for my own shiny dex? :D

Basically I have 6IV parents for ideal breeding in:

Treecko
Piplup
Doublade
Pupitar
Gible
Fraxure
Dewott
Grotle
Frogadier
Spewpa
Bagon
Togetic
Scyther

I might have more but that's off the top of my head.

I also am currently working on Lucario, Deino and Fletchling 6IV parents at the very least.

Hegarol

Sure, hmm could you find someone to hatch one of my 6IV? I'm just going to say screw it. I guess could you also hatch one of the 5IV for my own shiny dex? :D
Sure I can :)

If you want you can use this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange...title:####&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=all/#btn

If there is an active thread for the Egg TSV I can contact the person and let it hatch for you.

Btw I have one PAL Hoopa and 7 shinies waiting for you ;)

Mainly because my events I farmed that are pure. What folks do with it afterwards is up to them. But I trade with the intent that I want the same in return. I guess a lot of folks just don't know what to call clones without saying it up front. Legit/untouched fine, but at least admit they're clones. Eh just something that came up today I find interesting. It's a gray zone.
Thats exactly the point. Everyone can do whatever they want. Trade legits, legit clones, touched or hacked, but you should always tell the other person the origin of the event and what exactly you are offering. If I know someone isn't honest I will never trade again.

lupinko

MEGAMEGA is the password for Zygarde

Gotta go farm those too!

Sure I can :)

If you want you can use this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange...title:####&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=all/#btn

If there is an active thread for the Egg TSV I can contact the person and let it hatch for you.

Btw I have one PAL Hoopa and 7 shinies waiting for you ;)

Thanks! I'll pm you those reddits!

So anyone interested in these Zorua eggs, I'll hold them for you.

They are all male, naive, in premier balls, with the following egg moves:
- Counter
- Memento
- Sucker Punch
- Extrasensory

Zorua (M) - Naive - Illusion - 31.31.31.31.11.31 [0227]

The number in the square brackets is the matching TSV, if yours matches, you will hatch said Zorua as a shiny. =)

I don't want anything for them, this is just for me to give them a good home or I can just release them after I hatch them.

Muku

MEGAMEGA is the password for Zygarde

Awesome, thank you!

Edit: Awwww yissss..my Friday the 13th Zygarde.

Edit 2: DAT CLASSIC POKEMON STUFF. If I wanted to trade like it was 1999... wait I did trade like it was 1999. In 1999.

Zygarde question! Is speed important for him? I've not used him so not sure what is an okay stat to lose some stuff on and all. Farming for one for my group, and I've got a nice Adamant one... except the speed. :(
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 5 - Just wish that SpAtk was 5 instead.

Vorheez

Hey guys, if I am using stockpile with weezing, does the increase in def/sp. def go away once I stop using the move? Similar to the build up to using spit/swallow?

And what do you guys think for my build...

Nature: Bold
Item: Black Sludge

Stockpile
Pain Split
Shadow Ball/Flamethrower (can't decide)
Will-o-wisp

252 EVs HP, 252 EVs Sp. Def

backlot

Hey guys, if I am using stockpile with weezing, does the increase in def/sp. def go away once I stop using the move? Similar to the build up to using spit/swallow?

Stockpile
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp

The Stockpile boosts will stay until you switch out. They act like normal stat boosts. Any reason you aren't considering Sludge Bomb for your attacking slot? Poison is actually a viable offensive type these days.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Stockpile
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp

Looks good, but I'd run Sludge Bomb in the attacking slot.

Zygarde question! Is speed important for him? I've not used him so not sure what is an okay stat to lose some stuff on and all. Farming for one for my group, and I've got a nice Adamant one... except the speed. :(
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 5 - Just wish that SpAtk was 5 instead.

Yeah, Zygarde needs it for Dragon Dance sweeping with Adamant.

Muku

I have one shiny Xerneas and one shiny Yveltal Bacon Bird to give away. Came from a round I was specifically getting a Zygarde for something, If interested, let me know.

Vorheez

The Stockpile boosts will stay until you switch out. They act like normal stat boosts. Any reason you aren't considering Sludge Bomb for your attacking slot? Poison is actually a viable offensive type these days.

Looks good, but I'd run Sludge Bomb in the attacking slot.
Well, I was thinking flamethrower would be great against steel types (the only one that would wall me) and shadow ball would take care of my only weakness?

backlot

Well, I was thinking flamethrower would be great against steel types (the only one that would wall me) and shadow ball would take care of my only weakness?

Honestly it depends on the rest of your team and what you're using it for. I wouldn't really recommend Shadow Ball just to hit Psychic types. Weezing doesn't hit very hard so it'll still lose against most Psychic types one on one. You'd probably want to just switch out.

I think one of Weezing's strengths is its Fairy resistance, so being able to switch in to Hyper Voices or Play Roughs and hit Fairies hard with STAB Sludge Bomb is pretty great. Fire Blast or Flamethrower are decent choices if you need the Steel coverage though.

Muku

Muku, please? I'd absolutely love to have shiny Xerneas and Bacon! :D Congrats on Friday the 13th Zygarde!!

You sure may! :D Are you available to pick up said deer and fatty bacon now? (Not a requirement to pick up now but figure you might like them now. :) ) - Just let me know when works for you. I'll check periodically.

Edit: *head desk* Cresselia is making me sad.

Vorheez

I'm applying the finishing touches to my team but I'm still looking for a 6th member. This is what I have:

Dragonite
Volcarano
Ferrothorn
Weezing
Blissey
???

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Do you have something to remove hazards? Volcarona would get destroyed by Stealth Rock, and Dragonite takes 25% damage.

Maybe a pivot like Rotom-W? Water coverage and Volt Switch.

Edit: is Ditto supposed to be really hard to catch? Using Magikarp and then false swiping down to 1 HP but I still need sleep to catch it with a Net Ball. Bad RNG?

Ahnez

What is the best moves for a Smeargle?

I'm planning to use one to help capturing legendaries

I was first thinking about Dark Void, but then it occurred to me that I have no way to teach it lol

So, maybe spore? Or paralysis is better than sleep in this case? :p

Spore
Soak
False Swipe
Entrainment

I use this set to help catch pokemon with certain abilities. I entrain to scout abilities. If it's something I want I catch and if it's something I do not want, I run away. Also helps to get rid of "Pressure," that many legendary pokemon have.

Seil

What is the best moves for a Smeargle?

I'm planning to use one to help capturing legendaries

I was first thinking about Dark Void, but then it occurred to me that I have no way to teach it lol

So, maybe spore? Or paralysis is better than sleep in this case? :p

I prefer sleep, some prefer paralysis. Sleep is more effective as a catch rate multiplier and it guarantees downtime while it's active, but requires you reapply it. Paralysis is a lower multiplier, but only requires your apply it once and then leave things to the RNG.

My catching Smeargle, though I haven't actually used it much for legendaries, uses Soak, False Swipe, Spore and Simple Beam. That last one can be swapped out for something else obviously, the reason it's on my Smeargle is because my old focus was catching HA females in luxury balls and Simple Beam let me check abilities.(I've since completed that collection though).

Soak has a couple of functions:
1) It removes Grass Type immunity to Spore.
2) It removes Immunity and Resistances to False Swipe
3) It can remove some Pokemon's STAB

Ahnez

So I guess Soak is also necessary

So, False Swipe, Soak and Spore

I'm not sure about the last slot. Aside from Legendaries with Pressure, I think ability-nulfilling moves may not be very useful :p

If you opt out of using an ability-cancelling move, then try substitute with leftovers, or a recovery move to ensure your smeargle doesn't die from a critical hit.

Seil

So I guess Soak is also necessary

So, False Swipe, Soak and Spore

I'm not sure about the last slot. Aside from Legendaries with Pressure, I think ability-nulfilling moves may not be very useful :p

Some people use item transferring moves like Fling and Bestow to give a Leppa Berry to the opponent, to give them more PP. Obviously this is a bigger deal when shiny hunting. You can actually use some move combinations to do this repeatedly, but pulling that off would require at least one more Pokemon to use effectively.

Seil

Caught about a box full of Dittos. Two adamant, one modest. Just need a jolly one now.

Have a jolly Synchronizer? Also, when I was catching my Dittos I used multiple methods. Quick Balls, Dusk Balls and old school catching methods alongside Luxury Balls haha. But can't say I really had any difficulty. Didn't do anything like turning them into magikarp haha.

Have a jolly Synchronizer? Also, when I was catching my Dittos I used multiple methods. Quick Balls, Dusk Balls and old school catching methods alongside Luxury Balls haha. But can't say I really had any difficulty. Didn't do anything like turning them into magikarp haha.

I figured the time I'd spend getting a Jolly Synchronizer (breeding a Jolly male with a Synchronizer female and hoping for the right ability) would be the same as just catching more Dittos and praying to RNG. I may just give up though; getting tired of catching them while missing out on daily events.

backlot

I figured the time I'd spend getting a Jolly Synchronizer (breeding a Jolly male with a Synchronizer female and hoping for the right ability) would be the same as just catching more Dittos and praying to RNG. I may just give up though; getting tired of catching them while missing out on daily events.

Odds of getting the right ability are 1/2. Odds of randomly getting a Jolly Nature are 1/25. Getting Synchronize is very likely to be faster. You could spent a whole day catching Ditto just to get one Jolly.

Stuart444

Quick question, does homepass still work for getting the Eon ticket? And if so, what guide for it should I be using?

About to start playing and want to make sure of this. Been putting off playing ORAS due to eye issues making things harder to read but now that my eyes are a little better, I want to start playing through the game :D

Stuart444

Are you in an area where folks won't have the Eon Pass to StreetPass?

Pretty much. Would have to travel a few hours for the 'chance' at it. And it's been raining very heavily the last few days so would rather not take my 3DS out the house anyway.

How is yalls shiny Xerneas/Yveltal and Zygarde farmings going? Or waiting a bit on that?

I was doing a run a day, but I've been slacking. Trying to end up with a box of all three at least.

Not sure what to do with the spare Xerneas and Yveltals. Normally I'd give them away, but I was doing that on Facebook and it's tough arranging times to trade in my own town, let alone on the Internet.

I was doing a run a day, but I've been slacking. Trying to end up with a box of all three at least.

Not sure what to do with the spare Xerneas and Yveltals. Normally I'd give them away, but I was doing that on Facebook and it's tough arranging times to trade in my own town, let alone on the Internet.

I would be happy to take them off your hands for you!! It would really help with my national dex.

Muku

Pretty much. Would have to travel a few hours for the 'chance' at it. And it's been raining very heavily the last few days so would rather not take my 3DS out the house anyway.

Haha, sounds like here. Not tempted to take it out during all the rain we've been having. But then again it's normal for this area and I'm overly protected of my 3DS's. But I hear ya. Not sure if it still does though, as I obtained mine while still in Japan. I'd say if we were close you could StreetPass me for it for a quick and easy Eon Ticket. I keep passing it between my US and JPN copies now that I have it.

Gee, now I feel like I've been stressing myself too much. I've been doing 3 a day. Right now have 12 Xerneas, 12 Yveltal, and 12 Zygarde in their respective PokeBank boxes. But yeah, I'm aiming for a full box of each as well. Once I start work maybe I'll be happy at one a day, but have a few more days that I can get at 3 a pop. Will save me trouble later. So easy to slack. Been slacking on my Cresselia tries last couple days. x_x Curse you Cresselia!

I've got extra Xerneas I'm trying to bribe group I started with to give out once we hit so many members. But even that's not been much of a motivator. :( Though, how are you having extra Xerneas and Yveltal?

And I hear you on the trading. Still have to hear back from Nintendo Playstation for this deer/bacon bird combo I have to give to him.

Stuart444

Haha, sounds like here. Not tempted to take it out during all the rain we've been having. But then again it's normal for this area and I'm overly protected of my 3DS's. But I hear ya. Not sure if it still does though, as I obtained mine while still in Japan. I'd say if we were close you could StreetPass me for it for a quick and easy Eon Ticket. I keep passing it between my US and JPN copies now that I have it.

Heh, worse comes to worse and it doesn't work, I'll get it in March/April when I'm in Japan.

Top Bottom