• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bred 4 Pokemon in XY (Drapion, Roserade, Dragonite, and Gastrodon), but thanks for the refresher.

How many Pokemon do I need for the Christmas Competition? You can't use pre-Gen VI-bred Pokemon, right? So all I can use is Roserade...damn, wonder if I can get a team by then.

I bred 4 Pokemon in XY (Drapion, Roserade, Dragonite, and Gastrodon), but thanks for the refresher.

How many Pokemon do I need for the Christmas Competition? You can't use pre-Gen VI-bred Pokemon, right? So all I can use is Roserade...damn, wonder if I can get a team by then.
It's a Triple Battle Competition so I think you'll need a full team of 6.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn.

Right now I'm going for Octillery, it seems easy to do...just scored a 3 IV Remoraid.

Just wondering, is it common knowledge that it's the region of your system and not the region of your game that dictates whether you can obtain a mystery gift or not?
I recently moved to Japan, and I've been able to get Japanese event Pokemon onto my PAL OmegaRuby cart using my Japanese 3DS LL, thanks to themehax. Just picked up Shiny Tyranitar the other day.

JoeM86

Just wondering, is it common knowledge that it's the region of your system and not the region of your game that dictates whether you can obtain a mystery gift or not?
I recently moved to Japan, and I've been able to get Japanese event Pokemon onto my PAL OmegaRuby cart using my Japanese 3DS LL, thanks to themehax. Just picked up Shiny Tyranitar the other day.

Could you not get it through your PAL console? Think that event is capable to be obtained by any game.

Try one of the Serial Code Pokémon: PUNICHAN. Go with that code in Mystery Gift.

Could you not get it through your PAL console? Think that event is capable to be obtained by any game.

Try one of the Serial Code Pokémon: PUNICHAN. Go with that code in Mystery Gift.

Correct. I have both X and OR. I've attempted to obtain Pokemon Center events and redeem those Shiny Legendary codes with my PAL 3DS after successfully obtaining them with my Japanese 3DS just to see if they'd work, but to no avail. Likewise, I've tried redeeming codes from the UK (Hoopa, Zoroark) and NZ (Shiny Rayquaza) on my PAL cart with my Japanese 3DS first to see what would happen, and I can't redeem them. Of course, once I switch to my PAL system, they work just fine.

The first time I tried was when the Pokemon Centers were redistributing the four 7-11 promo Pokemon. I was really surprised when it worked! Curiously enough, at the Pokemon Center, you have to redeem them via the Internet option on Mystery Gift, so my first hurdle was getting an error because I didn't have the latest patch. But luckily the Japanese eShop patches worked fine for my PAL carts, so once I downloaded those, then I could obtain the event Pokemon!

I took a photo of the poster for Tyranitar when I went in the other day. It specifically stated that it could only be obtained by Japanese versions of the game. I hadn't noticed that mentioned before, either!

IMG_1464.jpg

No idea, but the Japanese codes expired in August and the code I used started with F5A which is the South East Asian prefix so this is defeintly a Taiwan Arceus.

Nah, I'm not doubting you, but I'm just confused why it's the case.

Taiwan's Hoopa has the same ID as the Japanese one I believe, but the trainer name is different: Mighty.

Therefore I figured they would've at least changed the trainer name for the Taiwanese Arceus too.

In any case, it's strange, but more evidence that it's a reskin of the Japanese event and thus possible to be shiny : D

lupinko

Yeah anything internet, serial code and infrared is region locked.

Only local wireless is region free.

What's this themehax? Should I bother? Lol

And hmm, Taiwanese movie events.

Is that right? I haven't tried any local wireless events. The ones at the Pokemon Center make you select the Internet option for some reason! My PAL cart can get them with my Japanese 3DS, but not my PAL 3DS.

themehax is just the exploit I use to boot the region free loader on my 3DS. I think on newer firmwares it's been patched out, already. You'd have to check over on the 3DS homebrew thread to see what your options are now. I'm not sure myself, because I haven't updated my firmware in a while.

lupinko

Prior to the redistribution of the 7-11 events, the Pokemon Center events were all local wireless.

But since the 7-11 redistros, every event has been internet, Pumpkaboo, Shiny Ttar.

The last events to be local were Shiny Gyarados, Hiroshima Magikarp, Tanabata 2015 Jirachi and Movie Hoopa.

I figure Shiny Diancie will be the same sadly with current trends.

But at least the movie events will stay local because doing internet in a theater would create some logistical problems and inconveniences.

I also live in Japan too!

Edit: I currently own 14 Gen 6 games (8 JP, 6 NA) and three consoles (XY LL, white n3ds for JP and launch red NA XL).

Prior to the redistribution of the 7-11 events, the Pokemon Center events were all local wireless.

But since the 7-11 redistros, every event has been internet, Pumpkaboo, Shiny Ttar.

The last events to be local were Shiny Gyarados, Hiroshima Magikarp, Tanabata 2015 Jirachi and Movie Hoopa.

I figure Shiny Diancie will be the same sadly with current trends.

But at least the movie events will stay local because doing internet in a theater would create some logistical problems and inconveniences.

I also live in Japan too!

Edit: I currently own 14 Gen 6 games (8 JP, 6 NA) and three consoles (XY LL, white n3ds for JP and launch red NA XL).

Oh, really? I moved in August, so I guess I arrived just as they were switching from local to internet distribution. I was here in time for Red Gyarados, but I hadn't noticed that it was a local wireless distributed event! It was weird, because when I went to download it, it appeared as its own button. I think I have a photo of it on my computer at home, but I'm at work right now.
I reckon Diancie will be internet distributed, too!

Also, wow! I'm amazed by how many copies you have of the 6th gen games. May I ask how you came to have so many? I just have one PAL copy of OmegaRuby and X each. I also have a white PAL regular 3DS, a Japanese NSMB2 edition 3DS LL and a white Japanese new 3DS.

Edit: Found the photo! I set my game language to Japanese, but I can assure you this is a PAL cart, by the way! Ever seen this happen?

Seil

If you're on a newer firmware, Themehax would be unavailable to you. There are a couple entrypoints for *hax that work on the newer firmware though. However, I think they all require a physical game. Namely Cubic Ninja, OoT3D or I believe Smash. I think Smash requires extra trouble though.

When you have a working entry point, you can launch the Homebrew Launcher and do various things. One of those is run games regionfree and even spoof region. You can also take screenshots in any game if you run it through the Homebrew Launcher, so that's neat if there's something in Pokemon to show off, for example.

It also enables homebrew, obviously, and can let you do some neat stuff in general.

Edit: Oh right, and as the conversation stated, thanks to the ability to go region free(and the ability to spoof regions) you can grab Internet events on other region cartridges. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible to use the region spoofing to get Japanese serial code events, it acts as though the game isn't using the latest patch and doesn't let you go through =( But I have heard of foreign players being able to use the spoof to grab the Wi-Fi version of Zoroark from NA, for example.

Edit2: It doesn't actually require a physical copy, I should clarify. I believe Cubic Ninja was pulled from the eShop so there's that. I think OoT3D works with a digital copy but I'm not sure. And I have no clue about the Smash exploit in general lol. It's really easy to set up *hax on physical OoT3D with Powersaves, but it does have an unfortunate side-effect of requiring you replace your save with one that exists only to initiate the Homebrew Launcher.

lupinko

Oh, really? I moved in August, so I guess I arrived just as they were switching from local to internet distribution. I was here in time for Red Gyarados, but I hadn't noticed that it was a local wireless distributed event! It was weird, because when I went to download it, it appeared as its own button. I think I have a photo of it on my computer at home, but I'm at work right now.
I reckon Diancie will be internet distributed, too!

Also, wow! I'm amazed by how many copies you have of the 6th gen games. May I ask how you came to have so many? I just have one PAL copy of OmegaRuby and X each. I also have a white PAL regular 3DS, a Japanese NSMB2 edition 3DS LL and a white Japanese new 3DS.

Edit: Found the photo! I set my game language to Japanese, but I can assure you this is a PAL cart, by the way! Ever seen this happen?

I became a pretty hardcore event trader while living here, also I like the breeding and competitive meta game a lot.

I downloaded Gyarados on my NA games too, like I said if it's local it doesn't matter since there's no region lock. Language doesn't matter.

Language does matter for using HK codes on a PAL game/console but that's a special situation due to HK's history of being a former British colony.

Seil: Ah okay, it's probably not worth it for me.

Anyway in general, I think maybe something happened that resulted in the switch to Internet or something. No facts, just a hunch that scared the Pokemon company even in Japan.

I think all Local events are like that. You wait for a while and the event appears under the Local button.

It was like that at VGC nationals too.

JoeM86

Regionals went well. Commentary was a bit rocky due to issues with the machine running it at first, and then the network there being utter crap.

Were a few issues I had though. Fatigue made me miscall why a Fake Out was used outside of the first turn, but I corrected myself shortly after, and due to the fact that this wasn't a Battle Box event, the turns went on way longer than I had practised for, so after ~30-40 seconds, I ran out of things to say which was evident when there was a player who was playing the turn clock like crazy.

Still, hope to do better next time, there were some fantastic teams and plays. I loved one which used Raichu and Parasect at a higher level.

Muku

Regionals went well. Commentary was a bit rocky due to issues with the machine running it at first, and then the network there being utter crap.

Were a few issues I had though. Fatigue made me miscall why a Fake Out was used outside of the first turn, but I corrected myself shortly after, and due to the fact that this wasn't a Battle Box event, the turns went on way longer than I had practised for, so after ~30-40 seconds, I ran out of things to say which was evident when there was a player who was playing the turn clock like crazy.

Still, hope to do better next time, there were some fantastic teams and plays. I loved one which used Raichu and Parasect at a higher level.

That Celebi picture makes it looks like it needs to start working out a little. ;)

Muku

Sweet baby Arceus. Just filled up my Shiny Xerneas/Shiny Yveltal/Zygarde boxes up. One box full of each in PokeBank.

Edit: Oh right, and as the conversation stated, thanks to the ability to go region free(and the ability to spoof regions) you can grab Internet events on other region cartridges. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible to use the region spoofing to get Japanese serial code events, it acts as though the game isn't using the latest patch and doesn't let you go through =( But I have heard of foreign players being able to use the spoof to grab the Wi-Fi version of Zoroark from NA, for example.

Ahh, actually, I was able to get the Japanese serial code events by downloading the update from the Japanese eShop on my 3DS (mind you, I'm not using HANS to spoof the region, just booting it through the region free launcher).

I think all Local events are like that. You wait for a while and the event appears under the Local button.

It was like that at VGC nationals too.

Is that right? Ahh, that's really interesting! The Gyarados poster actually said to download it through the Local Wireless button, so I was surprised when it appeared as its own!

Seil

Ahh, actually, I was able to get the Japanese serial code events by downloading the update from the Japanese eShop on my 3DS (mind you, I'm not using HANS to spoof the region, just booting it through the region free launcher).

Yeah, I was talking specifically about region spoofing through HANS, for example with an NA game and console and region spoofing Japan. Doing so will inform you that you do not have the correct update and you can't seem to get around it, for serial code events at least. It's been acknowledged that this is a limitation of *hax 2.5, HANS doesn't/can't load update data.

Dak'kon

So I've just finished up my playthrough of White 2 which means I've finally transferred all Pokemon from SoulSilver, Black and White 2 into Pokemon Bank. About 20 boxes of Pokemon and all went through fine apart from a single one:

F1H7veE.jpg
rfvMjf7.jpg

I doubt there's an answer other than "Bank is bad at spotting fake/legit Pokemon" but any ideas why it didn't go through?

Muku

Wait, how are you getting all these shinys Muku? I think I might have missed something lol

There are universal codes for them that only works in JP games.

This. Shiny Xerneas code is MOKUYO7JI, Shiny Yveltals code is PUNICHAN, and Zygardes code is MEGAMEGA. After putting them in so many times, it's memorized. I farmed enough for the boxes, several for myself, many more for other folks. Haha. I don't think it'll make it else where which is why. But now I'm done watch them announce it. XP

I was gonna resize it, but I don't have Photoshop on my laptop. :p

Ah, haha, it's all good. Just had to get a new version myself after El Capitan killed my old one. ><

Dak'kon, was it something you caught on your own? I do remember a legit Pokemon, was it shiny Jirachi something from a legit source? That couldn't be banked. Though in that case it might have been they were trying to keep it out so they could introduce it later. But still I remember something being unable to transfer up, not personally but others, and folks were a bit miffed they couldn't bring it up. In your case it might be just a bad hack.

CassSept

Some legit mythical Pokemon were blocked, like Shaymin/Darkrai from DP since they were only available by using surf glitch.

Weird that Leavenny would not pass though.

Faenix1

Anyone in Canada know were you go to find which places are Nintendo Zone enabled?
I'm told bestbuy but the site doesn't say which. Don't exactly want to spent an hour figuring this out calling places. (not that I got the time to really drive anyway)

Anyway to "trick" the system from home? lol

flonty

Hey guys
Its me again.
Mirage Island wont show up for days and I want a Ditto to start breeding. So I wanted to ask if someone could trade me a Ditto. I can offer Alpha Sapphire exclusive pokemon in exchange.

flonty

Yeah I have one
I pmed you my FC

I can give you both if you want

I'm online right now.
I added you and sent you my FC via PM

lupinko

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/RmFGDsz82vgtFsugJxxgyOzrZGv59PpQ

Seems like US only. Canada McDonald's don't have Nintendo Zones any more...

You are just using the Nintendo zone to log into McDonalds' wifi.

You don't need to use the Nintendo zone to do that. In the US McDonalds is AT&T and in Canada it's Bell.

Someone I think in this thread or in the community one already contacted the Pokemon Company who said Canada is getting it too.

Also Joe confirmed it and he's all up to date on his info.

JoeM86

You are just using the Nintendo zone to log into McDonalds' wifi.

You don't need to use the Nintendo zone to do that. In the US McDonalds is AT&T and in Canada it's Bell.

Someone I think in this thread or in the community one already contacted the Pokemon Company who said Canada is getting it too.

Also Joe confirmed it and he's all up to date on his info.

Ah no, I misread the PR

The Pokémon Company International and McDonald's USA have today announced a Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Happy Meal, available at participating McDonald's locations in the US and Canada from November 27 to December 23.

Happy Meals will include one of eight collectible Pokémon figures from Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games plus one of 12 Pokémon TCG cards. Pokémon fans in the US will also receive the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa for Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games by bringing their Nintendo 3DS to McDonald's and connecting to Nintendo Zone.

Top Bottom