• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Heh, worse comes to worse and it doesn't work, I'll get it in March/April when I'm in Japan.

Nice. :) Good time of year to go as well. Going to enjoy hanami while there? (Would definately recommend it.) Carry it with you at all times. You'll be getting puzzle pieces and all a ton. Wish I'd done it more towards end of my stay.

Stuart444

Nice. :) Good time of year to go as well. Going to enjoy hanami while there? (Would definately recommend it.) Carry it with you at all times. You'll be getting puzzle pieces and all a ton. Wish I'd done it more towards end of my stay.

Haha, indeed :D. (I chose end of March - start of April specifically because of Sakura season :p ) I really want to see what it's like to be in a place where 3DS' are all around :) (compared to here at least lol)

Muku

Haha, indeed :D. (I chose end of March - start of April specifically because of Sakura season :p ) I really want to see what it's like to be in a place where 3DS' are all around :) (compared to here at least lol)

Awesome. :) And 3DS's everywhere is awesome. You'll definately get an Eon Ticket there if not before. Hope you enjoy your trip there. Not sure where you are going there, but if you are in Tokyo area there will be plenty of places to enjoy the season. I enjoyed Ueno park, it's crazy there during the season.

JoeM86

New battle competition

christmastry.png

Region: International
Registration Period: December 3rd 2015 - December 10th 2015
Battle Period: December 11th 2015 - December 13th 2015
Battle Type: Triple Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex. Pokémon categorised as Red, Green or White
Banned Pokémon: Pokémon not categorised as Red, Green or White, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Shaymin, Reshiram, Meloetta, Yveltal or Zygarde, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Entry Gift: Delibird

This competition is a Triple Battle competition and runs some rather unique rules. To tie in with the Christmas theme, you can only use Pokémon that are categorised in the Pokédex as being Red, Green or White. You cannot use Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Shaymin, Reshiram, Meloetta, Yveltal or Zygarde in this competition. All participants will receive a special Delibird. This Delibird has the moves Present and Happy Hour and holds the Relic Gold item

backlot

Azumarill is white, right?

Alright, I made a list of eligible Pokemon that I think look interesting:

smeargle
gardevoir
togekiss
amoonguss
volcarona
meowstic
venusaur
politoad
tyranitar
breloom
whimsicott
serperior
verizion
charizard
scizor
porygon 2
blaziken
camerupt
latias
rotom
scoliopede
krookodile
scrafty
bisharp
braviary
talonflame

There's some good stuff in here.

Muku

You know, was just thinking a Delibird around this time of year would be great for an event. Just for something. But ehh. Don't do the battle competitions. :(

Do we figure Hoopa will be last event for year? I figure it will be, outside of the battle comp thing.

JoeM86

Is there gonna be a stream?

Yeah. I'll post it as soon as I get the link :) It's an unofficial stream of course, but the TOs here in the UK are making sure every Regional at least has a decent stream and I was asked to commentate the first of the season with a friend of mine.

Hope I don't screw it up :p

How do you claim prizes for these events? I did the halloween one and never got the candies?

lupinko

Shiny Diancie better be local instead of Internet, grrrrrrrr.

I have to make use of these NA games to in addition to my JP ones.

So, still need a chlorophyll bulbasaur for breeding. Anyone willing to help? Pm me if willing

I can help!

I got a 5IV male through Wonder Trade that I can breed for a female with chlorophyll, but I can't vouch for the parent's legitimacy. That still cool?

Edit: whoops, missed that you wanted a PM.

Shiny Diancie in Japan? Guess Japans Christmas gift this year is a bunch of shiny legendaries. :(

Hnng, I need Shiny Diancie, even she it looks kinda ugly.

Do I send my ORAS cartridge to Japan or wait in case it's a worldwide event?

The XY&Z Legends not coming here (yet) doesn't fill with me with confidence : S

flonty

Hey guys,
I just go my New 3ds and Pokemon alpha saphire yesterday.
I chose mudkip but I kinda regret it and wanted to ask if someone has a spare
torchic that he could trade me, because I dont want to start over.
I don't have any valuable pokemon to trade for though ._.

Hey guys,
I just go my New 3ds and Pokemon alpha saphire yesterday.
I chose mudkip but I kinda regret it and wanted to ask if someone has a spare
torchic that he could trade me, because I dont want to start over.
I don't have any valuable pokemon to trade for though ._.

I'll PM you in a bit.

Muku

Hnng, I need Shiny Diancie, even she it looks kinda ugly.

Do I send my ORAS cartridge to Japan or wait in case it's a worldwide event?

The XY&Z Legends not coming here (yet) doesn't fill with me with confidence : S

I actually like shiny Diancie. :) Though she'd be going into my Shiny dex. I doubt it'll be a worldwide event. Just seems rest of us don't get to enjoy some nice things. Though, would like to be proven wrong. I mean we did get shiny Rayquaza. Means a little less for my WHF ones, but at same time I think they retain value for folks who care.

Really hope we get it outside of Japan, but not holding my breath. Not surprised on anime shiny codes, just because those don't tend to go anywhere else.

I actually like shiny Diancie. :) Though she'd be going into my Shiny dex. I doubt it'll be a worldwide event. Just seems rest of us don't get to enjoy some nice things. Though, would like to be proven wrong. I mean we did get shiny Rayquaza. Means a little less for my WHF ones, but at same time I think they retain value for folks who care.

Really hope we get it outside of Japan, but not holding my breath. Not surprised on anime shiny codes, just because those don't tend to go anywhere else.

I'm a Diancie fan, but the shiny colouring doesn't look as good as the original colouring to me. Maybe she'll grow on me...

Last time I sent my cartridge away was to pick up the Paris Vivillon, which I definitely don't regret doing. Even though everyone got Poke Ball Vivillon eventually, not everybody got one with Paris as the OT ; )

So I suspect it's a similar case with WHF Rayquaza and probably Shiny Diancie too.

That said, now I feel dumb for SRing normal Diancie for nearly a year...

Muku

I'm a Diancie fan, but the shiny colouring doesn't look as good as the original colouring to me. Maybe she'll grow on me...

Last time I sent my cartridge away was to pick up the Paris Vivillon, which I definitely don't regret doing. Even though everyone got Poke Ball Vivillon eventually, not everybody got one with Paris as the OT ; )

So I suspect it's a similar case with WHF Rayquaza and probably Shiny Diancie too.

That said, now I feel dumb for SRing normal Diancie for nearly a year...

Oh it's definately true. The WHF as OT means something to some folks, so for that I'm thankful. But I love having mine in my shiny dex with WHF OT. :) I hope Shiny Diancie makes it beyond the borders, but I dunno. If we tend to get stuff it's piddly little things.

LOL, did you ever end up getting a good Diancie? I assume so. But eh it works! Least you should have one that meets your needs. Though SRing for that long is far too hardcore for me. For really good legendary. I'll SR all year though for a shiny legendary though if I need too. Cresselia is testing my patience right now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I wanna get back to breeding some Pokemon for fun, and I'm wondering, what's the easiest way to go about that in ORAS? I totally forgot how the method in XY worked except it used the Destiny Knot and Everstone but I forgot all the specifics.

Also how do those Tournaments works like the Christmas one? Never took part in those, but do you have to battle at certain time or do you just battle whenever you get a chance to earn points?

LOL, did you ever end up getting a good Diancie? I assume so. But eh it works! Least you should have one that meets your needs. Though SRing for that long is far too hardcore for me. For really good legendary. I'll SR all year though for a shiny legendary though if I need too. Cresselia is testing my patience right now.

Er, sort of. I was a crazy fellow and aiming for a 6 IV Hasty/Naive or bust. Now that it's been a year, I'm just gonna settle with 5 IV Modest/Timid or something similar...

Along the way, I did pick up a dozen others with high IVs, but nothing too special. Best ones I've got are a 30/30/31/30/31/31 Calm and 31/xx31/31/30/30 Modest.

Thankfully I have around 5 Hong Kong Diancies still with the delivery girl (one on each game), which is plenty of ammo to keep me going for a bit longer.

Yeah, normally I wouldn't SR for that long, but Diancie is my favourite mythical and I love battling with it ^^

So, I wanna get back to breeding some Pokemon for fun, and I'm wondering, what's the easiest way to go about that in ORAS? I totally forgot how the method in XY worked except it used the Destiny Knot and Everstone but I forgot all the specifics.

Also how do those Tournaments works like the Christmas one? Never took part in those, but do you have to battle at certain time or do you just battle whenever you get a chance to earn points?

Find someway to get a 6IV Ditto if you can, as that is the best breeding partner. Battle Resort has both a Daycare and an IV checker so you can just remain on that island. It also has its own "loop", but works a bit differently from the one in XY. If you aren't looking into getting competitive Pokemon, you only need to worry about getting the right partners together.

You need to register for competitions on the PGL website if you already have an account there. The competition lasts for one weekend, Fri-Sun, so you an play whenever during that period. You need to battle at least 3 times for the prize, and there is usually a max number of battles per day, but I'm not sure about the Christmas one

I've started breeding myself so I can offer some tips:

-Day Cares: there are now two Day Cares! One between Verdanturf and Mauville, and one at the Battle Resort. The Battle Resort Day Care has a super-easy hatch path: bike to a certain spot, press Up, map rotates for you. The path at the other one is pretty bad; lots of obstacles.
-Hatching: Catch a Slugma with Flame Body at the Fiery Path. Go to the Mauville apartments to get the Hatching O-Power. Give the O-Power away on PSS to level it up to 3.
-Everstone: it's on the bottom floor of the Granite Cave, and as a reward from Inver battles at Mauville City
-Destiny Knot: get it from New Mauville by re-battling a trainer. (transfers 35 stat IV's to the child)
-Power items: redeemed with Battle Points (transfers 1 specific IV to the child)
-Ditto: from Mirage spots (use the Eon Flute and soar with Lati@s, find the places with a sparkle above it)
-Egg Moves and Hidden Abilities: if you don't want to chain breed and stuff, DexNav at a high enough Search Level will reveal hidden Pokemon, possibly with maxed IV's, HA, and an Egg Move. Only works for wild Pokemon.

I've started breeding myself so I can offer some tips:

-Day Cares: there are now two Day Cares! One between Verdanturf and Mauville, and one at the Battle Resort. The Battle Resort Day Care has a super-easy hatch path: bike to a certain spot, press Up, map rotates for you. The path at the other one is pretty bad; lots of obstacles.
-Hatching: Catch a Slugma with Flame Body at the Fiery Path. Go to the Mauville apartments to get the Hatching O-Power. Give the O-Power away on PSS to level it up to 3.
-Everstone: it's on the bottom floor of the Granite Cave, and as a reward from Inver battles at Mauville City
-Destiny Knot: get it from New Mauville by re-battling a trainer. (transfers 3 stat IV's to the child)
-Power items: redeemed with Battle Points (transfers 1 specific IV to the child)
-Ditto: from Mirage spots (use the Eon Flute and soar with Lati@s, find the places with a sparkle above it)
-Egg Moves and Hidden Abilities: if you don't want to chain breed and stuff, DexNav at a high enough Search Level will reveal hidden Pokemon, possibly with maxed IV's, HA, and an Egg Move. Only works for wild Pokemon.
Destiny knot passes down 5 ivs between both parents, not 3. You always get 3 passed down at random (1 from father, 1 from mother, and 1 from either one)

Seil

Destiny knot passes down 5 ivs between both parents, not 3. You always get 3 passed down at random (1 from father, 1 from mother, and 1 from either one)

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a required split since some point in Gen IV. By that, I mean your note on the 1 from father and mother etc is no longer valid, it's random selection from both parents for all three.

Top Bottom