• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

I started breeding Fletchlings, complete egg moves (only has 3 in total), adamant and gale wings. Aiming for a 6IV female parent since I want to keep the premier ball for style points.

But any occasional 5IV flawless like the one I got and am currently EV training I'm planning on starting a squadron of.

When is the deadline for that Christmas Delibird competition? I want to use multiple games but does that mean I have to run multiple teams instead of just moving the same team over? I've never done those PGL competitions before.

Firestorm

I started breeding Fletchlings, complete egg moves (only has 3 in total), adamant and gale wings. Aiming for a 6IV female parent since I want to keep the premier ball for style points.

But any occasional 5IV flawless like the one I got and am currently EV training I'm planning on starting a squadron of.

When is the deadline for that Christmas Delibird competition? I want to use multiple games but does that mean I have to run multiple teams instead of just moving the same team over? I've never done those PGL competitions before.
You need to register online on Global Link before the tournament begins. Your battle box and team is locked at the moment you go to play your first match. Once it's locked, you can't move the team unless you cancel participation to unlock the Battle Box.

From December 3 up to the 10th.

You'll need different teams yeah. The pokemon in your battle box are locked for the duration of the competition.

Stuart444

Hey guys, just want to check: We can get Gardevoirite after the primal legends fight right? I see some say After Delta ep and some say after the primal legends fight so just making sure.

I have a growing Kirlia and I want dat stone >.>

As a side note, I'm going slowly through the game but it feels nice to relax and not rush through :D (just beat the Mauville Gym)

lupinko

Ah okay, is it based on game save or console or PGL account? I have one account for Canada, I haven't done one for Japan yet. And I have multiple games (although only one has all 8 badges, but I figure trading over eggs and then training and leveling them, afterward trade them back (also steamrolling the games to grind for 5IV/6IV SR Legendaries or Shiny SR Legendaries).

Vorheez

This. Shiny Xerneas code is MOKUYO7JI, Shiny Yveltals code is PUNICHAN, and Zygardes code is MEGAMEGA. After putting them in so many times, it's memorized. I farmed enough for the boxes, several for myself, many more for other folks. Haha. I don't think it'll make it else where which is why. But now I'm done watch them announce it. XP

Ohhh ok, I get it now lol

Does anyone have a shiny grimer...? :p

lupinko

Just caught this in Friend Safari while trying to catch a female magician Braixen.

7wmLlyQ.jpg

Ah okay, is it based on game save or console or PGL account? I have one account for Canada, I haven't done one for Japan yet. And I have multiple games (although only one has all 8 badges, but I figure trading over eggs and then training and leveling them, afterward trade them back (also steamrolling the games to grind for 5IV/6IV SR Legendaries or Shiny SR Legendaries).

It's based on the game save.

Not sure if it's different in Japan, but in the global PGL site you can register one of each game to one account (for example, I have X, Y, OR and AS on one account).

The only requirement is that you need the PSS to access the Game Sync to receive your Game Sync ID.

For XY that's easy, but for ORAS you need to get to Petalburg and receive it from Wally, which takes around 20 minutes or something.

backlot

It's based on the game save.

Not sure if it's different in Japan, but in the global PGL site you can register one of each game to one account (for example, I have X, Y, OR and AS on one account).

The only requirement is that you need the PSS to access the Game Sync to receive your Game Sync ID.

For XY that's easy, but for ORAS you need to get to Petalburg and receive it from Wally, which takes around 20 minutes or something.

Whatever game you use you'll probably want to unlock the Mega Bracelet as well. Just trading the stone over won't be enough if you're planning on using a mega.

Whatever game you use you'll probably want to unlock the Mega Bracelet as well. Just trading the stone over won't be enough if you're planning on using a mega.

I'm making forfeit teams simply to receive the Delibird, so I don't need to use Mega Evolution : P

I assume lupinko is doing the same.

OmegaX

Got a Timid Unburden Sceptile with 6 IV, Dragon Breath, and Synthesis on GTS. Yeah I think it's hacked.

I got a Jolly Tyrunt with 5 perfect IVs (everything but SpA), Hidden Ability, with Dragon Dance, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang. I really hope it's not hacked because I wanna use it.

c-murph

I got a Jolly Tyrunt with 5 perfect IVs (everything but SpA), Hidden Ability, with Dragon Dance, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang. I really hope it's not hacked because I wanna use it.

Is there even a legit way of knowing if its hacked? I assume most competitive pokemon are just hacked nowadays.

Is there even a legit way of knowing if its hacked? I assume most competitive pokemon are just hacked nowadays.

There is no way to tell if a Pokemon is hacked, only whether it is legal. However competitive Pokemon are so easy to breed nowadays that I would say there are probably just as many, if not more, legitimate ones than hacked ones

Azuran

Banned

That's so easy to breed these days I don't know why someone would bother hacking. Take it and run.

lupinko

I don't know if I should be breeding/training this many things for the event battle.

I can run 5 games (3 JP, 2 NA), but is 4 overkill? Currently I have it planned for 4.

This is what I'm setting up under short notice:

T1
Florges Bold / Leftovers
Talonflame Adamant / Sky Plate
Latias Timid / Latiasite
Scizor Adamant / Life Orb
Togekiss Bold / Sitrus Berry
Sceptile Adamant / Weakness Policy

T2
Tyranitar Jolly / CScarf
Torterra Adamant / Leftovers
Talonflame Adamant / Sharp Beak
Scizor Adamant / Lum Berry
Braviary Adamant / CBand
Gardevoir Modest / Safety Goggles

T3
Venusaur Modest / Focus Sash
Blaziken Adamant / Life Orb
Talonflame Adamant / CBand
Braviary Jolly / CScarf
Rotom-W Modest / Sitrus Berry
Gardevoir Modest / CSpecs

T4
Emolga Timid / Leftovers
Emboar Adamant / Expert Belt
Sceptile Jolly / Salac Berry

I have 6IV parents for many of them so it's easier and with KeySav I can see which eggs are flawless so it's easier to trade to my other games to hatch.

Lack of megas because only one of my ORAS games has all 8 badges (which is why you see Team 1 as a legit team whereas everything else is whatever I can get made from my assembly line).

lupinko

I'm breeding love ball Ralts and Kangas by the way all with egg moves.

Of course I'll redo another set of Ralts in Dream Balls for a Gallade line.

I also hatched a 6IV female Fletchling with egg moves in a premier ball, hatched in one of my Japanese games for easier MM.

flonty

A question.
Where can I grind some level ups for my pokemon? I want to rematch the elite four but my pokemon are not strong enough.
I battle all trainers around the battle resort but its only once per day and not enough.
Is there a good place to grind?

lupinko

A question.
Where can I grind some level ups for my pokemon? I want to rematch the elite four but my pokemon are not strong enough.
I battle all trainers around the battle resort but its only once per day and not enough.
Is there a good place to grind?

If you're playing ORAS, use those Blissy gyms. If you're playing XY, go battle at any of those high roller restaurants in Lumiose. And of course use experience power level 3 (money power too).

I don't know if I should be breeding/training this many things for the event battle.

I can run 5 games (3 JP, 2 NA), but is 4 overkill? Currently I have it planned for 4.

This is what I'm setting up under short notice:

T1
Florges Bold / Leftovers
Talonflame Adamant / Sky Plate
Latias Timid / Latiasite
Scizor Adamant / Life Orb
Togekiss Bold / Sitrus Berry
Sceptile Adamant / Weakness Policy

T2
Tyranitar Jolly / CScarf
Torterra Adamant / Leftovers
Talonflame Adamant / Sharp Beak
Scizor Adamant / Lum Berry
Braviary Adamant / CBand
Gardevoir Modest / Safety Goggles

T3
Venusaur Modest / Focus Sash
Braviary Jolly / CScarf
Gardevoir Modest / CSpecs

T4
Emolga Timid / Leftovers
Emboar Adamant / Expert Belt
Sceptile Jolly / Salac Berry

I have 6IV parents for many of them so it's easier and with KeySav I can see which eggs are flawless so it's easier to trade to my other games to hatch.

Lack of megas because only one of my ORAS games has all 8 badges (which is why you see Team 1 as a legit team whereas everything else is whatever I can get made from my assembly line).
Why would you run Venusaur without some sort of sun support?

Muku

I'm breeding love ball Ralts and Kangas by the way all with egg moves.

Of course I'll redo another set of Ralts in Dream Balls for a Gallade line.

I also hatched a 6IV female Fletchling with egg moves in a premier ball, hatched in one of my Japanese games for easier MM.

Oooh nice on the Ralts and Kangas on first and second part. If you have any extra (not worried about IVs) I'd love a female of a LB Ralts, DB Ralts, and a LB Kanga. It's females that pass on balls right? (Been a while on breeding, hah ugh.)

Edit: Just realized Hoopa starts tomorrow, eh? Might not bother with it until weekend.

lupinko

I dunno, I have a Bulbasaur project that I can quickly breed and train a Venusaur for.

I could just replace it with a Chesnaught since I have that project going on too.

That or just throw Emolga on there. I'm just slapping these teams together to try and farm Delibird codes.

:shrugs:

I'm not there yet anyway, I have to breed one more Fletchling and 3 Torchics first before I get there.

Team 1 is ready in addition to two Fletchlings.

Oooh nice on the Ralts and Kangas on first and second part. If you have any extra (not worried about IVs) I'd love a female of a LB Ralts, DB Ralts, and a LB Kanga. It's females that pass on balls right? (Been a while on breeding, hah ugh.)

Yeah females pass on the balls.

Female LB and DB Ralts will both have these egg moves: Memento, Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak and Encore. I'm debating on replacing Shadow Sneak for the Love Ball line with Grudge since I don't think Gardevoir would ever have a need for it. Love Ball will be Trace and Dream Ball will be Telepathy.

Kanga is only female so breeding egg moves on her is really easy.

I also have 5IV flawless White Flabebes if you ever wanted to use Florges. For HA I'm breeding Blue Flabebes. Both in premier balls with complete egg moves.

I'm planning on doing all the colours by nature. Though I will have a modest Flower Veil and Symbiosis split unless if Quiet Florges is a thing.

And I now have Duplica Dittos in 10 varieties between 5 regions. :)

Edit: I could also put in Disable in there instead of Shadow Sneak for the Love Ball line.

That or this?

Dream Ball / Telepathy
Memento
Destiny Bond
Shadow Sneak
Grudge

Love Ball / Trace
Memento
Destiny Bond
Encore
Disable

I hope someone can find a way to spoof McDonalds' Nzone the same way Best Buy's was spoofed.

Edit: Again if anyone is interested in my spare 5IV flawless or would like a 5IV flawless egg for them to hatch, this is what I got complete up and running for 6IV breeding factories (this doesn't count 5IV breeding plants):

Pokemon / Nature / Egg Moves / Ability / Ball
Frogadier / Timid / 4 / HA / Premier
Grotle / Adamant / 4 / HA / Poke
Togetic / Bold / 4 / Hustle / Dream
Hitmonlee / Adamant / 4 / Limber / Poke
Scyther / Adamant / 4 / HA / Dream
Bagon / Naive / 4 / Rock Head / Dream
Spewpa / Timid / 2 or 3 (I'll need to check) / Shed Skin / Premier
Pupitar / Jolly / 4 / Shed Skin / Premier
Fraxure / Adamant / 3 / Mold Breaker / Premier
Fletchling / Adamant / 3 / HA / Premier
Gible / Jolly / 4 / HA / Dream
Treecko / Adamant / 4 / HA / Poke
Dewott / Adamant / 4 / Torrent / Poke

Those are off the top of my head, I have other pokes that I have or can breed at 5IV (yes I'm trying to get those 6IV parents too). I don't believe my Vivillion line has its HA, and Tyranitar line definitely doesn't have HA.

I do have 5IV HA parents of the above pokes too. I'm currently trying to breed 6IV Torchic (Adamant / 4 / HA), hopefully it comes up soon. It's easier since it's only confined to a Pokeball. It's less for me to worry. I was given a bred 6IV Klefki but I want it in premier, so it'll be a good parent at least when I get around to breeding my own line.

Other Pokes of interest in fancy balls include Mawile (Love, Dream and Premier), Misdrevius (Dream), Emolga (Dream), Starly (Dream) and so forth.

Muku

Just curious, but is it possible to bring a JPN console and system to McDonald's and get Hoopa on them too? I'm doubting it, but prepping for tomorrow when I go out on my day off to get one.

Just curious, but is it possible to bring a JPN console and system to McDonald's and get Hoopa on them too? I'm doubting it, but prepping for tomorrow when I go out on my day off to get one.

I don't think so, but you can try.

If it's Nintendo Zone, you need to use the Internet, which is region-locked. Only Local isn't region-locked.

Macka

If someone manages to farm some extra Hoopa's, please hit me up! I could offer a ton of competitive breedables in exchange!

Top Bottom