• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

flonty

Hey guys, I'm looking for Alakazam, does anyone have a decent Kadabra they'd be willing to part with?

Well I do not have a good Kadabra but if you have one, I would be willing to trade it with you
and give it back to you again.

Anyone have a Gastly? I can offer anything Saphire exclusive (except legendarys) and some starters.

lupinko

Its not against any rule, right? :p

It will recognize any Wifi provider with SSID "McDonalds Free WiFi" and without password as a valid Nintendo Zone

Woooooooooooo! My hustle lives again, not only will I give you that Diancie I redeemed for you, I'll also throw in other shinies (Xerneas, Yveltal, Deoxys, Mew).

I'll try this now to see if I can set it up on my PC.

OmegaX

It will recognize any Wifi provider with SSID "McDonalds Free WiFi" and without password as a valid Nintendo Zone

Thank you! I just did this and got my Hoopa even though I'm supposedly from Canada.
Actually I'm from Peru but we don't have eShop here.

lupinko

Does anyone know how to do this using your PC as a Wifi hotspot? I've made the hotspot, but it's secure and requires a password. I don't know how to create it without a password or make it unsecure. I could just play with my router settings but I would rather not.

Can anyone help me? I'll RNG you Mew and Deoxys shiny in Emerald along with anyone other interesting RSE legendary shiny.

Does anyone know how to do this using your PC as a Wifi hotspot? I've made the hotspot, but it's secure and requires a password. I don't know how to create it without a password or make it unsecure. I could just play with my router settings but I would rather not.

Can anyone help me? I'll RNG you Mew and Deoxys shiny in Emerald along with anyone other interesting RSE legendary shiny.

You will probably need to fiddle with your router settings. That's how I did it for GAME Charizard last year.

Also, new acquisitions!

HYVhIPH.png
3iP2rCw.png

(Hint: I have 3 of the second one.)

lupinko

You will probably need to fiddle with your router settings. That's how I did it for GAME Charizard last year.

Also, new acquisitions!

HYVhIPH.png
3iP2rCw.png

(Hint: I have 3 of the second one.)

I guess I will fiddle with my router settings and then quickly change them back. It's annoying because my router settings are in Japanese. And it gets really weird when computer terms get translated into Chinese characters. X(

I'm trying to figure out how to do a virtual hotspot but it always requires me to set up a password. I don't know how to do it unsecurely, stupid iOS needing security. =(

Ahnez

I guess I will fiddle with my router settings and then quickly change them back. It's annoying because my router settings are in Japanese. And it gets really weird when computer terms get translated into Chinese characters. X(

I'm trying to figure out how to do a virtual hotspot but it always requires me to set up a password. I don't know how to do it unsecurely, stupid iOS needing security. =(

I did using my phone, which is a pretty old Android 2.3.3

Don't you have anything? Maybe a friend? It only takes 5 minutes to set up

Seil

You should be able to use any computer that has Wi-Fi as a hotspot. I used my macbook, though it only allows you to either be connected to Wi-Fi or share through it, not both at once, so I used a tethered connection, my iPhone in this case, then cut on internet sharing.

lupinko

I did using my phone, which is a pretty old Android 2.3.3

Don't you have anything? Maybe a friend? It only takes 5 minutes to set up

I don't have any android devices and I don't think if I should ask any of my friends to use their stuff for this. lol

You should be able to use any computer that has Wi-Fi as a hotspot. I used my macbook, though it only allows you to either be connected to Wi-Fi or share through it, not both at once, so I used a tethered connection, my iPhone in this case, then cut on internet sharing.

I did make a wifi hotspot but it's only secure, I'm unable to make (more like don't know how) to make a unsecured virtual hotspot. But I will say that I'm using wireless internet while using the laptop as a hotspot. Should I go wired to the computer and use the wifi adapter to go wifi? If anyone can help with greater detail I'd appreciate it and it can be done via PMs too. So it doesn't derail this thread further. =x

Having been out of the game, so to speak, since the end of Gen V, I'm so impressed with breeding in ORAS. With my current set-up, I'm getting 5/6 IV Pokémon bred and fully trained in around 30 minutes or so. Makes we wish I could get all the time I spent EV training in RSE back lol.

Muku

Now that folks are setting up hot spots, I imagine everyone here that was needing a Hoopa yesterday doesn't need one now..?

Muku

Aveyn is the hero of the day. :D Thank you!!!!

Hegarol, cool beans. Going to head out shortly for the Hoopa. McD's close by is supposed to have it but about to find out I guess. I'll save you one. :)

c-murph

I know nothing about anything technological or otherwise.

Can someone explain to me how everyone is getting Hoopa with going to McD's?

I have a new HP Laptop and a Moto G phone if I can used either of those.

Ahnez

I know nothing about anything technological or otherwise.

Can someone explain to me how everyone is getting Hoopa with going to McD's?

I have a new HP Laptop and a Moto G phone if I can used either of those.

You can use your phone to create a hotspot (I think it is in settings > network settings or something like this.. Mine is much older so Idk if something is different), then if you use the name we mentioned and use no password, and connect your 3DS through it, you can redeem the event

Woooooooooooo! My hustle lives again, not only will I give you that Diancie I redeemed for you, I'll also throw in other shinies (Xerneas, Yveltal, Deoxys, Mew).

I'll try this now to see if I can set it up on my PC.

I somehow missed this post

Its.. what how

Thanks wow

Also that Diancie, sorry for taking so long :p I really forgot

Btw, did it work? :D

Muku

Okay, so that all day breakfast thing at McDonald's now made it much easier to go in and relax for a few moments while downloading the Hoopa. Love their sausage biscuits, so indulged on that while I nabbed them.

c-murph

You can use your phone to create a hotspot (I think it is in settings > network settings or something like this.. Mine is much older so Idk if something is different), then if you use the name we mentioned and use no password, and connect your 3DS through it, you can redeem the event

Oh hey, Thanks! Gunna giv'r a try when I get home from work.

lupinko

I somehow missed this post

Its.. what how

Thanks wow

Also that Diancie, sorry for taking so long :p I really forgot

Btw, did it work? :D

No it didn't work, my only recourse is to temporarily rename my router and make it unsecure. I could ask my friends though if they have an android phone.

Unless someone knows how to turn a Laptop into an unsecured hotspot, it requires a password, I can't leave it blank, unless there is some command to make Windows 10 to enable it.

I need more tech assistance here!

Faenix1

@lupinko I got two Hoopa's to soft rest and a Quiet (eng) and Modest (jpn - think it's cloned), after I figure out what nature I "need" I can give you whichever one you want if you can't get it working. I ended up just messing with my router.

Let me know cause I won't soft reset my X Hoopa just yet. Though not sure how picky you are. lol

I adore you right now.
Spent forever hunting a Hoopa down via GTS, and instead of wondering if Quiet is a good nature for an OR Hoopa I can just get my own. THANK YOU. :)

Honestly thought my Router was locked down (It's ISP supplied)

Do I need to change the network name (of my phone hotspot) for it to work?

Yes, Network name needs to changed to what you were told above.

Ahnez

No it didn't work, my only recourse is to temporarily rename my router and make it unsecure. I could ask my friends though if they have an android phone.

Unless someone knows how to turn a Laptop into an unsecured hotspot, it requires a password, I can't leave it blank, unless there is some command to make Windows 10 to enable it.

I need more tech assistance here!
This may be strange, but what about renaming your router in a time no one would notice, like past midnight? :p

Faenix1

I can't figure out what nature to go for Hoopa in OR, anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

(Not sure what it's good at being used for, ect.)

RootCause

Thanks @Faenix
I was able to get the Pokemon. Wish I had known about this nifty trick sooner. So this works for any event Pokemon? Also, I suppose this is the only active Pokemon event at this moment?

lupinko

@lupinko I got two Hoopa's to soft rest and a Quiet (eng) and Modest (jpn - think it's cloned), after I figure out what nature I "need" I can give you whichever one you want if you can't get it working. I ended up just messing with my router.

Let me know cause I won't soft reset my X Hoopa just yet. Though not sure how picky you are. lol

I adore you right now.
Spent forever hunting a Hoopa down via GTS, and instead of wondering if Quiet is a good nature for an OR Hoopa I can just get my own. THANK YOU. :)

Honestly thought my Router was locked down (It's ISP supplied)

Yes, Network name needs to changed to what you were told above.

Hoopa can be anything but best as a mixed attacker, so preferably:

Hasty/Naive/Lonely/Naughty/Mild/Rash

But Jolly/Adamant/Timid/Modest work too.

Quiet/Brave is only if you want to do some Trick Room shenanigans, but you could do that with a 0-3 Modest or Adamant too.

Defensive builds aren't wise for Hoopa since it is quite frail.

This may be strange, but what about renaming your router in a time no one would notice, like past midnight? :p

I'm just going to do it anyway. Based on my neighborhood it should be fine. I'm just really lazy to use wired on my laptop. Lol

Faenix1

Hoopa can be anything but best as a mixed attacker, so preferably:

Hasty/Naive/Lonely/Naughty/Mild/Rash

But Jolly/Adamant/Timid/Modest work too.

Quiet/Brave is only if you want to do some Trick Room shenanigans, but you could do that with a 0-3 Modest or Adamant too.

Defensive builds aren't wise for Hoopa since it is quite frail.
wired on my laptop. Lol

Out of those which two would you go for? Or would you reset two Hoopas the same nature?

I'm assuming a Hasty/Naive may be best.

lupinko

Lol I don't think I can meet that cutoff for tomorrow to have 4 teams ready and EV trained.

I'll be able to have three teams ready though.

Does anyone have spare gen 1 and gen 4 HA starters? Thanks :p

I can breed ya both, did you want them in fancy balls female or just one of each in general?

For Gen 4 I have HA starters with egg moves:

Turtwig - Adamant
Chimchar - Jolly
Piplup - Rash

For Gen 1, only Squirtle is complete with egg moves (and premier ball).

I also have Charmander and Bulbasaur with HA and some egg moves.

Bulbasaur - Calm
Charmander - Timid
Squirtle - Modest

Out of those which two would you go for? Or would you reset two Hoopas the same nature?

I'm assuming a Hasty/Naive may be best.

Whichever one has the best IVs.

Anyone with a shiny Xerneas or Yvleltal willing to trade for a Hoopa?

What nature and IVs?

Muku

Its quiet nature. Im not sure how to check IVs, but here are its stats.
ATK:115
DEF: 80
SP. ATK:179
SP.DEF:150
SPD:74

Take those stats and go to an IV Calculator. Serebii has one, Metalkid has one (for some reason just use this one), but any work. Tell the calculator that you're using the Pokemon, the nature of it, the level, and plug in the stats into the corrosponding boxes and it should have a calculate button which will show you how the stats are.

I'd look it up for you and share what a calculator says but you're missing the Hoopas HP, which is also required to see where on the spectrum it lies. So all those stats + HP plugged in and you'll know what your Hoopa is.

Ahnez

I can breed ya both, did you want them in fancy balls female or just one of each in general?

For Gen 4 I have HA starters with egg moves:

Turtwig - Adamant
Chimchar - Jolly
Piplup - Rash

For Gen 1, only Squirtle is complete with egg moves (and premier ball).

I also have Charmander and Bulbasaur with HA and some egg moves.

Bulbasaur - Calm
Charmander - Timid
Squirtle - Modest

Just the HAs :)

Muku

Whoa...

South East Asia is probably getting Arceus soon and Hong Kong is getting Shiny Jirachi this month.

Hmmm. But are they going to get lottery Arceus? I'm more interested in that since I have Arceus from like B/W. I want a chance at shiny. :( Though, is kind of cool it's moving elsewhere. Won't come here though. :p

Muku

So, I've got a question regarding the McDonald's Hoopa that I didn't think about until just a moment ago with a post on Facebook in a Pokemon group. I keep reading that you get your Hoopa through Nintendo Zone at McDonald's. And that's what I thought last week. However, I went to the Nintendo Zone application on my 3DS when I was there and I guess the NZ is a dead service as that was pretty much error I got trying to load it up. So what do the ads and all mean? Because while there I had to look it up since the NZ didn't work. Then realized it's just like any event in Japan. Mystery Gift -> but instead of local go to internet. Maybe I'm confused by their terminology now?

Take those stats and go to an IV Calculator. Serebii has one, Metalkid has one (for some reason just use this one), but any work. Tell the calculator that you're using the Pokemon, the nature of it, the level, and plug in the stats into the corrosponding boxes and it should have a calculate button which will show you how the stats are.

I'd look it up for you and share what a calculator says but you're missing the Hoopas HP, which is also required to see where on the spectrum it lies. So all those stats + HP plugged in and you'll know what your Hoopa is.

OHHHH, my bad. Im a total noob when it comes to the online stuff. Thanks!

What nature and IVs?

#721 Hoopa [Quiet]
IVs: 30, 31 / 0, 1 / 31 / 16, 17 / 30, 31 / 16, 17
Stats at Lv.50: 155 / 115 / 80 / 179 / 150 / 74

Well, now that I've bred and trained a Venusaur with the correct ability, my festive feud team is officially complete. Anyone else competing and want to test their team against mine before it starts? Remember, format is flat triples. If interested, PM me

Hadn't even booted up my copy of Ruby since the GAF tournament, but I decided to start playing again today.

Saw the shiny Mew I received from lupinko and it's still probably my favorite thing ever.

Top Bottom