• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Stuart444

So my fiancee came over today after leaving her 3DS on sleep mode (she was out in the city all day) and when she got here, checked and... EON TICKET :D.

I street passed her before she accepted it so I need to wait for a bit before I can get the ticket but I'm pretty happy :D

Vorheez

I have decided I want to make a horror/evil themed Pokemon team. It will be headed by my Weezing (who is doing great by the way, level 62!) and will be followed by Muk and Garbodor. I like them because they represent filth and disgust, but it's all I have so far, so I'm looking for recommendations! I have been looking through the list of Pokemon on bulbapedia but haven't found anything yet and was hoping you guys could help me!

So, I'm looking for 3 more members, they don't have to be poison but I'd like something evil/creepy looking and somewhat powerful. Maybe some ghosts? And then when I'm done, and they are all fully trained, I'll be a gym leader for you guys!

Oh, and not Gengar, he's too popular lol

backlot

I have decided I want to make a horror/evil themed Pokemon team. It will be headed by my Weezing (who is doing great by the way, level 62!) and will be followed by Muk and Garbodor. I like them because they represent filth and disgust, but it's all I have so far, so I'm looking for recommendations! I have been looking through the list of Pokemon on bulbapedia but haven't found anything yet and was hoping you guys could help me!

So, I'm looking for 3 more members, they don't have to be poison but I'd like something evil/creepy looking and somewhat powerful. Maybe some ghosts? And then when I'm done, and they are all fully trained, I'll be a gym leader for you guys!

Oh, and not Gengar, he's too popular lol

There was a Global Link competition recently with a similar theme.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4036/

If you want ideas you can check out the top 12 Pokemon there. If you click on one of them you can see what Pokemon were commonly paired with them for even more ideas.

Muku

So that teaser for Arceus... makes me think potentially shiny? Either that or I'm reading too much into their teaser.

Edit: Sounds like details on the SE Arceus are up soon. It's sad because I know darn well we aren't going to get it.

ebevan91

Haha, it works. I'm in the US, but this'll save me a trip to McDonald's I didn't really want to take.

I went to a McDonald's yesterday and they didn't even have wifi :|

Well, if they did I couldn't pick it up on my 3DS. It's just called McDonald's Free WiFi right? Couldn't find it on my phone either now that I remember.

entremet

I went to a McDonald's yesterday and they didn't even have wifi :|

Well, if they did I couldn't pick it up on my 3DS. It's just called McDonald's Free WiFi right? Couldn't find it on my phone either now that I remember.

Try to go to one of the nicer McDonalds.

JoeM86

VGC 2016 rules have been announced. I'm excited!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-2016-video-game-championship-format-has-been-announced/

Battle Type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex.
Pokémon Limits: Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Banned Items: Soul Dew
Clauses: No same Pokémon, No same item
Players may only use Pokémon with items or moves obtained in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire

OmegaX

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-2016-video-game-championship-format-has-been-announced/

Pokémon Limits: Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
Banned Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Players may only use Pokémon with items or moves obtained in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire

That looks like the opposite of exciting =/
I hope VGC2017 goes back to normal. Heck, they should restrict the use of the currently legal legendaries instead of adding even more broken ones.

Edit: Not that it matters, but why is Deoxys banned? It's no longer an event only pokemon this generation.

JoeM86

That looks like the opposite of exciting =/
I hope VGC2017 goes back to normal. Heck, they should restrict the use of the currently legal legendaries instead of adding even more broken ones.

Edit: Not that it matters, but why is Deoxys banned? It's no longer an event only pokemon this generation.

It's still a Mythical Pokémon.

Also why should they restrict the use of the legal Legendaries?

Slightly disappointed that Mythicals are still banned, but I guess they are too rare for a level playing field.

Next year I might just participate with Shiny Xerneas and Rayquaza. If I'm not too busy farming the VGC event Pokemon that is : P

OmegaX

It's still a Mythical Pokémon.

Also why should they restrict the use of the legal Legendaries?

People complain that VGC15 meta wasn't varied enough because of the genies. Personally, I didn't care much for them but allowing Mega Rayquaza, and Groudon is going to make an even less varied meta.

I thought Mythical was what they called event only pokemon which Deoxys isn't anymore =/

Syntsui

No Deoxys is bullshit, he is as common as a Magikarp nowadays. Also, lol at legal M-Rayray and P-Groudon. This will be a travesty of a tournament, a true shit fest.

Firestorm

I can't see a lot of positives to using Mega Rayquaza. Too many drawbacks.

You will never be allowed to use promotional Pokemon. Just because you can access them doesn't mean they were built to be used in stuff like this.

Anyway I got into VGC with 2010 so GS Cup is something I'm somewhat excited for. Now I need to find me a Groudon and Xerneas or brainstorm how to make Lugia work.

Carl7

I'm definitely curious about VGC 2016, but it's probably going to be crap. One thing that pisses me off about legends is that it is really hard to get legit competitive ones. I don't care if anyone hacked its rotom because i can just breed one in like 20 minutes, but i will have to soft reset for days if want a decent lugia.

So you can't use soul dew but you can use primal pokemons? holy crap, who makes these rules?

lupinko

For the festive feud, do you need to have trained level 50 Pokemon?

I bred and hatched them but didn't have the time to train them.

5ykNed6.jpg

I hatched that by the way just now by SV checking with myself. Lol

Anyway about the festive feud I'm probably too late anyway. :/

Congrats!

Nah, any Pokemon below Level 50 is increased to Level 50.

But of course if you don't EV train or give them good moves or evolve them, you'll have a tough time winning : P

JoeM86

Really wish I had the time to do a proper team for the Festive Feud but alas, I have 50 hours logged on Pokémon Picross instead.

Firestorm

I'm definitely curious about VGC 2016, but it's probably going to be crap. One thing that pisses me off about legends is that it is really hard to get legit competitive ones. I don't care if anyone hacked its rotom because i can just breed one in like 20 minutes, but i will have to soft reset for days if want a decent lugia.

So you can't use soul dew but you can use primal pokemons? holy crap, who makes these rules?
Soul Dew is an item for Latios and Latias which are not restricted Pokemon. The orbs are for Groudon and Kyogre that are restricted Pokemon.

KingDirk

Haven't been in here because work/Pokémon Picross have taken over my life, but guys. GUYS. I finally got my first shiny. 5IV (no speed, but hey) Mudkip I've named Budou. As a result I have, like, 20 boxes of 5IV, mostly Adamant Mudkips if anybody wants to trade stuff. =) Also have no idea what Pokémon I next wanna try to get a shiny for.

Muku

Haven't been in here because work/Pokémon Picross have taken over my life, but guys. GUYS. I finally got my first shiny. 5IV (no speed, but hey) Mudkip I've named Budou. As a result I have, like, 20 boxes of 5IV, mostly Adamant Mudkips if anybody wants to trade stuff. =) Also have no idea what Pokémon I next wanna try to get a shiny for.

Congrats! :)

Vorheez

Congrats man!

But be careful, once you go shiny, you never go back...

Azuran

Banned

Yup, my sabbatical from competitive battling will continue until the 2017 rules are announced.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I just spent an hour fiddling with my shitty router to be able to get Hoopa. If handheld goes the way of the dinosaur, it's going to be 100% NIntendo's blame and no one else's. I hate this company.

Firestorm

Yup, my sabbatical from competitive battling will continue until the 2017 rules are announced.
Ironically a few friends who have gotten out of competitive battling had the opposite reaction and are back because of the new ruleset and fond memories of 2010. Can't please 'em all.

If Gen 7 is out by 2017, then the new ruleset will likely be a Regional Dex like 2014/2011. If it's Z, then I expect National Dex similar to 2015/2013/2012/2009/2008.

Azuran

Banned
Ironically a few friends who have gotten out of competitive battling had the opposite reaction and are back because of the new ruleset and fond memories of 2010. Can't please 'em all.

If Gen 7 is out by 2017, then the new ruleset will likely be a Regional Dex like 2014/2011. If it's Z, then I expect National Dex similar to 2015/2013/2012/2009/2008.

I'll still watch the tournaments, but I'm not a big fan of battling using box legendaries. It also doesn't help that I have to restart my games (which I'm certainly not doing) to get my hand on most of them since I already caught them with crappy IVs just for Dex purposes.

Firestorm

Yeah, I think the annoyance of obtaining the Pokemon is a barrier that really does suck. Takes what is already one of the biggest issues with competitive Pokemon and makes it worse. I have a lot of nostalgia for this ruleset as it's what got me into the official circuit back in 2010 though so I'm kinda excited. Need to find some time to teambuild and decide if I want to go with the standard Groudon / Xerneas / Kangaskhan setup that'll be everywhere, something anti-Groudon/Xerneas, or maybe the Trick Room option with Dialga+Groudon or Kyogre...

Carl7

To start what with?

Playing vgc 2016.

Here is the team i have been testing quite sucesfully in showdown:
Code:
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y  
Ability: Pressure  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Psystrike  
- Substitute  
- Ice Beam  
- Protect  

Raichu @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe  
- Fake Out  
- Feint  
- Thunderbolt  
- Encore  

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Earthquake  
- Knock Off  
- Superpower  

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def  
Relaxed Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Gyro Ball  
- Power Whip  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect  

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Mold Breaker  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Drill Run  
- Iron Head  
- Rock Slide  
- Earthquake  

Lugia @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Aeroblast  
- Roost  
- Calm Mind  
- Earth Power

lupinko

Okay, shiny Diancie is internet so no foreign game can get it.

There are now Mega _____ Pikachus, I took pics.

There is also Entei Pikachu this month for the monthly Pikachu.

Ahnez

Didn't females have 80% chance to pass down its HA?

Six eggs hatched already and not even one has its HA

edit: worked with the seventh one lol

Top Bottom