• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Gah, can't decide what nature to make Dialga. It'll be TR for sure, just don't know if Modest or Quiet. Then I have to decide what speed IV I want. FFFFFFF-

Muku

Reading about the Corocoro scan on Serebii:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some new game information. First, the Pokémon Scrap campaign is returning to Japan and in this campaign, a Shiny Eevee will be distributed, as will Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres with their Hidden Abilities or Snow Cloak, Static and Flame Body respectively, which were previously unavailable as well as a Master Ball distribution. These will run from March 1st 2016.

Shiny Eevee, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres? The HAs would be nice, but think it's out of my league right now in terms of cost of importing. Otherwise, don't really feel like if this holds true the scrap campaign is as good as last years. Makes sense I guess since we're getting a mythical blow out this year, but at same time a bit lackluster, for me anyway.

Eh, guess we'll see how this scrap campaign goes. Wondering if Shiny Eevee is the ultimate goal in this one.

Guess Shaymin and Keldeo/Victini anyone may have saved from last years will be good for completionists and maybe about it. Though I like to think I got at least desirable natures on them last year which gives them somewhat of a boost. Perhaps in time their value will grow. I just have come to realize though I'm a Pokemon horder. x_x

Firestorm

Haha it's sort of opposite for me where the Hidden Ability birds being released is way more interesting but unfortunately the wrong format for them :( But having that as an option in the future should be interesting!

entremet

I know I'm really late to this, but I've been super busy with life. Christmas with family and then moving to New Jersey and still won't be in the house or have internet until Friday at the earliest.

But yeah, if you guys still have any extra Hoopas I'd love to trade for one! I'll have to look on my Pokemon Y later but a couple years ago I was pretty active here on neogaf and used to iv breed perfect Pokemon and trade them as well. So I may have some spares, and I think I have some pretty good Celebis as well from a couple years ago when those were being traded around.

Ah no worries. I was wondering where you went lol.

Seems like Muku has you covered. Muku is the best!

Muku

Haha same. I'd wondered what happened. But I kept the Hoopa around since I'd already offered it. Most folks come back after the holidays. LOL.

Still waiting on NintendoPlaystation who wanted shiny Xerneas/shiny Yveltal before holidays. I hope NintendoPlaystation is alright. :( Haven't heard from in quite some time now.

StoneFox

Have you guys ever stopped a breeding project and then come back months later only to forget why you started the project? haha

I opened my game today to boxes of Tauros.

edit: that feel when to you do an IV calc and it has 31/31/31/x/31/31 and the right nature but the wrong ability... I can see why I quit haha I guess I forgot about the ability capsule or whatever it is.

Haha same. I'd wondered what happened. But I kept the Hoopa around since I'd already offered it. Most folks come back after the holidays. LOL.

Still waiting on NintendoPlaystation who wanted shiny Xerneas/shiny Yveltal before holidays. I hope NintendoPlaystation is alright. :( Haven't heard from in quite some time now.

Hi Muku! I've been really ill throughout the holidays but I'm finally recovering! I go back to work tomorrow night. Thanks for thinking of me :)

Have you guys ever stopped a breeding project and then come back months later only to forget why you started the project? haha

I opened my game today to boxes of Tauros.

edit: that feel when to you do an IV calc and it has 31/31/31/x/31/31 and the right nature but the wrong ability... I can see why I quit haha I guess I forgot about the ability capsule or whatever it is.

I know what you mean, I turned on my game just a minute ago to find zillions of Gastly in Moon Balls.

Theorymon

Static Zapdos sounds fairly neat in Battle Spot metagames. In singles, Zapdos tends to play defensively with rocky helmet, so I could see Static being a reasoanble alternative to Pressure because it could screw with Mega Kangaskhan further. In Doubles and Triples, it could also discourage faking it out. Finally in rotations, well... its hard to stall anything there anyways!

That being said, I can't see this being too useful in VGC 16 (or Zapdos in general), and honestly, soft reseting VGC stuff is a much higher priority for me atm. Also, SRing Wonder Cards is absolute Hell ;_;

backlot

Static Zapdos sounds fairly neat in Battle Spot metagames. In singles, Zapdos tends to play defensively with rocky helmet, so I could see Static being a reasoanble alternative to Pressure because it could screw with Mega Kangaskhan further. In Doubles and Triples, it could also discourage faking it out. Finally in rotations, well... its hard to stall anything there anyways!

That being said, I can't see this being too useful in VGC 16 (or Zapdos in general), and honestly, soft reseting VGC stuff is a much higher priority for me atm. Also, SRing Wonder Cards is absolute Hell ;_;

In Doubles Zapdos is usually used for speed control so passive Thunder Wave is usually gonna be better than Pressure. It'll make Kang think twice about hitting it for sure.

Cormano

Can anyone help me out with a couple starters, trying to complete the Pokédex, need Mudkip & Turtwig. Really appreciate the help.

Muku

Hi Muku! I've been really ill throughout the holidays but I'm finally recovering! I go back to work tomorrow night. Thanks for thinking of me :)

I know what you mean, I turned on my game just a minute ago to find zillions of Gastly in Moon Balls.

Yay you're back! :) Glad to hear you are alright. Sorry to hear you were ill throughout the holidays though. :( I still have your shiny Xerneas and shiny Yveltal waiting for you. I know this might sound strange but I'd be willing to give one of those Gastly in a Moon Balls a home. :)

So I just hatched a perfect 5IV Shiny Torchic with speed boost. Problem is I want to breed a 5IV one, check its IV then soft reset the game so I can have someone transfer over the egg to Alpha Saphire for a run threw.

If I did that will the Torchic still be Shiny when I hatch it in AS?

Hegarol

So I just hatched a perfect 5IV Shiny Torchic with speed boost. Problem is I want to breed a 5IV one, check its IV then soft reset the game so I can have someone transfer over the egg to Alpha Saphire for a run threw.

If I did that will the Torchic still be Shiny when I hatch it in AS?
If it hatched shiny in your AS game in the first place it will always be shiny if you hatch it in that specific game. Trading doesn't change that.

The mechanic is the following:
The egg and your game have a specific 4-digit number. If these numbers match you get a shiny pokemon. It is possible to check the number for an egg and trade it to a specific game that has the same number.

If it hatched shiny in your AS game in the first place it will always be shiny if you hatch it in that specific game. Trading doesn't change that.

I bred and hatched ot Shiny in Y, I want to soft reset to before it hatched and trade it to Saphire. Will it hatch shiny there too?

I'm not sure if I was confusing you. If I understand you right since it hatched shiny in Y, it may not hatch Shiny in Saphire, did I get that right?

Edit: read your edit. Not sure I understand but I won't risk it. Thanks for the reply.

Hegarol

I'm not sure if I was confusing you. If I understand you right since it hatched shiny in Y, it may not hatch Shiny in Saphire, did I get that right?

Edit: read your edit. Not sure I understand but I won't risk it. Thanks for the reply.
Correct. It will only hatch shiny in Y.

Correct. It will only hatch shiny in Y.
Yep. How I got my shiny perfect Lucario was by taking advantage of that. At the time I was using KeySAV to check my eggs before hatching them and I noticed that a perfect baby had the shiny value of one my other cart... So I had to do some awkward trading. lol

Just to be sure,

Flawless = 6IV
Perfect = 5IV, except the unused attack stat,

Right? :p

Y'know, I've been breeding and SRing for a few years now and I still don't know which term is which.

To be honest, I get the feeling they're almost synonymous or people keep mixing them up.

I usually expect flawless to be 5 IV and perfect to be 6 IV. Flawless suggests it has no bad IVs, while perfect suggests every IV is perfect aka maximum.

Ahnez

Y'know, I've been breeding and SRing for a few years now and I still don't know which term is which.

To be honest, I get the feeling they're almost synonymous or people keep mixing them up.

I usually expect flawless to be 5 IV and perfect to be 6 IV. Flawless suggests it has no bad IVs, while perfect suggests every IV is perfect aka maximum.
I guess its better to use the actual IV distribution instead lol

Back in Gen 4 flawless meant 6IV and perfect meant 5IV, there was no crossover. Then a load of new people started playing hardcore in Gen 6 and some of them started using the terms the other way round for some reason but the Gen 4 players (me included) kept using the original definitions and so it came to the point where neither has a definitive definition and people just use 5IV or 6IV which to be honest is much less ambiguous.

Back in Gen 4 flawless meant 6IV and perfect meant 5IV, there was no crossover. Then a load of new people started playing hardcore in Gen 6 and some of them started using the terms the other way round for some reason but the Gen 4 players (me included) kept using the original definitions and so it came to the point where neither has a definitive definition and people just use 5IV or 6IV which to be honest is much less ambiguous.

Interesting; thanks for the clarification.

I usually say 5 IV or 6 IV, but even then sometimes people get confused if 6 IV means all 31 or five 31s and the useless stat is 0.

So x/x/x/x/x/x it is then : P

"Communication with the sever was interrupted during your last session, so the sever is locked. Please wait a short while and try to connect again."

I get this when I try to access Pokémon Bank. It's been a couple of hours. Is anyone else getting this?

Edit: it let me on with Pokemon Y but kicked me off with Saphire.

Muku

Interesting read there on the flawless/perfect thing. I only started breeding for IVs this generation, but felt like flawless made sense as 6IV because... well, it has no flaws with the IVs. And that perfect meant it was perfect for the nature. But I've seen others use it opposite which has confused the hell out of me. But I tend to state 5IV / 6IV for clarity. But sometimes folks tend to even make that complicated.

Grid, I've seen reports of that issue in several Pokemon communities I'm part of on FB. Even recently until an hour or two ago. So it's not just you.

I've been locked out of Bank for around 20 hours.

Annoying it worked when I deposited, but then error'd when I tried to retrieve and now I have a Yveltal and Zygarde that I promised somebody in limbo...

Macka

I really hope these mythical Pokemon distributions are online. Getting an American 3DS was the worst decision I ever made. :/

Still looking for Hoopa btw, if anyone managed to get spares.

Ahnez

I really hope these mythical Pokemon distributions are online. Getting an American 3DS was the worst decision I ever made. :/

Still looking for Hoopa btw, if anyone managed to get spares.
7 of them are online

Just Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect are codes

Korosenai

Awwwwww yesssssssss! Who died and decided to give us something nice? :eek: GameStop which is meh, but I'll just go a town down to an area with two within extremely short distance from each other. XD

I'll finally be able to get my own Mew and Meloetta which will be amazing.

I still have the Hoopa, if you're interested. :)

Edit: brain fart
I'd be down for that when I get Internet on Monday :c

Also, I think I already have you added as well... We used to trade and battle I think a couple years ago.

I agree with this!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Guys, just bought Omega Ruby, when I finally get round to it, what do I need to stand a chance online?

Muku

I'd be down for that when I get Internet on Monday :c

Also, I think I already have you added as well... We used to trade and battle I think a couple years ago.

I agree with this!

Cool. Just let me know. Don't plan on doing shit my weekend. Tired and just want to stay home. (My weekends are Sundays/Mondays.) So just drop me a line whenever works for you. :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Right, so I need a Gengar, Charizard and Kanghaskhan for definite.

Is there a breeding guide? I remember IVs being important

Ahnez

Basically, the egg will inherit 3 of its IVs from the parents, 5 if one of the parents is holding the Destiny Knot (without repeat, the game chooses 3/5 stats to inherit, and then decided individually from which parent each stat is inherited)

The remaining IVs are random

If one of the parents is holding an everstone, the egg's nature will be the same as the parent's holding the stone. Otherwise its random

This is the very basic, you should also pay attention to Egg moves and Hidden Abilities
Im on mobile its hard to type :p

I've just started playing this and holy shit, they've almost got full analog control! Shame about inside the buildings, but at least they're making slow progress. I didn't enjoy Ruby and Sapphire first time around compared to G&S but I'm having fun with this so far.

I thought of an OT name: The Butcher of Blaziken.

Good, no? :)

Korosenai

I keep trying to play Sapphire but I think I ruined the fun of it so I might have to restart.

Back when I was into iv breeding and ev training I thought of the genius idea to make an entire team for my play through of Sapphire. I'm just stomping everything without much challenge.

Hegarol

Do you guys think we will get another Pokemon bank event? My next payment is due in 47 days and I used it from day one. I hope we get one event every year for it :)

Muku

It'd be awesome if we got a new event. I don't expect one. Mainly because I just don't think it'll be a yearly thing. But with this being Pokemon anniversary, maybe. But what could they give us? We're already getting a boat ton of legendaries this year. :)

Hegarol

It'd be awesome if we got a new event. I don't expect one. Mainly because I just don't think it'll be a yearly thing. But with this being Pokemon anniversary, maybe. But what could they give us? We're already getting a boat ton of legendaries this year. :)
Since we are paying 5 bucks they could at least give us an event mon once a year :p

Muku

Since we are paying 5 bucks they could at least give us an event mon once a year :p

I don't know. I don't see it that way. I see it as an investment to easily store and access my Pokemon. Love bank so much. Having a living dex and a shiny dex in there is amazing. I guess I do it for convenience. If they give us something, that's awesome. If not, not sweating it. Just cannot express how much I love the bank.

But even with that said, at this point this year, what could they even give us that would get folks excited, considering we're having a boatload of legendaries come our way this year?

Top Bottom