• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ahnez

This so much. I'm pretty sure we can all agree touch screen managing would be so much better.

With the shiny Xerneas and shiny Yveltal event ending middle of this month or so, are there any other folks who wanted one? I can't make promises if too many jump on board, but will do what I can for you.
Um.. Is it late to ask for one now? :p

If anyone still needs a Harry Hoopa, I've got four codes that I have no need for. Redeemable only on PAL consoles and only for the next twelve hours.

E526 - LK7D - QARF - T6DT
E526 - LK8S - RA6L - 5JJE
E52Z - 82AF - T8XY - WZ7N
E526 - M9WC - EK8K - HW3G

Muku

Um.. Is it late to ask for one now? :p

Not too late. I'll get you a set today.

Also since we're on a new page: Anyone who wants a shiny Jirachi, please let me know. Dak'kon was kind enough to provide the code to me and we'd like to find it a home before end of the month, when the event ends. It's an unclaimed code, in case you are able to claim it yourself. However, if you are unable to, I can claim it for you. Just let me know if you'd like it. Claimed.

Vorheez

Not too late. I'll get you a set today.

Also since we're on a new page: Anyone who wants a shiny Jirachi, please let me know. Dak'kon was kind enough to provide the code to me and we'd like to find it a home before end of the month, when the event ends. It's an unclaimed code, in case you are able to claim it yourself. However, if you are unable to, I can claim it for you. Just let me know if you'd like it.
I would absolutely love to have one, if it is still available :)

Muku

If you could redeem it for me, that would be great. I'll add you on my 3DS! Thanks Muku

No problem. Let me know if there's a specific nature you'd like. Also, please add my JPN FC as I'll be trading it directly from that. (Also, the Jirachi will be in JPN rather than ENG. Hope that is okay.)

Vorheez

No problem. Let me know if there's a specific nature you'd like. Also, please add my JPN FC as I'll be trading it directly from that. (Also, the Jirachi will be in JPN rather than ENG. Hope that is okay.)
Any nature will work fine, and will do! I added the wrong one initially but I'll fix that now. Mine is 1907-8863-7556.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Going to rebuy a 3ds for the 4th time (well, a new 3ds xl)

Will be rebuying Pokemon Ruby, what have I missed?

Muku

You're welcome. You're trio are ready. If you could also add my JPN FC that would be great. (Will need yours again to put it on my JPN console.) Just easier to trade from there right now since I have several things on there to trade.

Send me a PM when you're available to trade.

Done.

If you could redeem it for me, that would be great. I'll add you on my 3DS! Thanks Muku

Sure thing. :) I've got your shiny Jirachi waiting for you.

Done.

Vorheez

Sure thing. :) I've got your shiny Jirachi waiting for you.

Sorry Muku, I got caught up with some things and was unable to find time to trade. I will be able to do it tomorrow though and will send you a pm when I'm ready to go :)

Thanks for being patient

Muku

Sorry Muku, I got caught up with some things and was unable to find time to trade. I will be able to do it tomorrow though and will send you a pm when I'm ready to go :)

Thanks for being patient

No worries. :) Will keep tabs on PMs when I can.

Shiny Xerneas please cooperate with my SRing

I don't really have an X I can play through again ATM so you're my only option so please be nice thx
FML

lupinko

I'm thinking of this team with the new stupid rules:

Timid Latias (Mega or Life Orb)
Offensive Rayray (Atk or Mixed based)
Offensive Xerneas (SpA or Mixed based)
Bold Togekiss (support)
Bold Florges (Leftovers) or Modest Florges HA (gimmick)
Adamant Landorus (Choice Scarf)

You can sub in Naive Zoroark for either Florges or Landorus (I haven't gotten my ideal Landorus yet).

EDIT: I have too many options, I forgot about both 6IV Aegislash options that I have in addition to that Love Ball Kanga I want to get around. haha

backlot

I'm thinking of this team with the new stupid rules:

Timid Latias (Mega or Life Orb)
Offensive Rayray (Atk or Mixed based)
Offensive Xerneas (SpA or Mixed based)
Bold Togekiss (support)
Bold Florges (Leftovers) or Modest Florges HA (gimmick)
Adamant Landorus (Choice Scarf)

You can sub in Naive Zoroark for either Florges or Landorus (I haven't gotten my ideal Landorus yet).

EDIT: I have too many options, I forgot about both 6IV Aegislash options that I have in addition to that Love Ball Kanga I want to get around. haha

That team is gonna have trouble with Ferrothorn. Why Latias and Florges?

lupinko

That team is gonna have trouble with Ferrothorn. Why Latias and Florges?

That's a good question, they probably don't go well together anymore since I scrapped my old team to shoehorn in Xerneas and Rayray.

I picked Latias because I already have a 5IV Timid flawless that I SRed (which took me almost a year lol, but it was really on and off), and Florges is something fun I've been using a lot lately in different teams. Although because of the new VGC rules and since I'd like to try to play at Pokemon Center tournaments, I guess those two will get the boot?

If the two don't go together I'll be willing to ditch the pairing, I have many different pokes ready for me to breed for flawless and EV train.

I guess I should say this instead?

Rayquaza
Xerneas
Landorus
Togekiss
?????
?????

I have Aegislash, Zoroark, Greninja and many others ready but since it's all legends now I don't know if I should bother.

Mew will be distributed for XYORAS via GameStop code in the US.

Get the Mythical Mew!

FEBRUARY 1–24, 2016| AVAILABLE AT: GameStop
Kick off the Pokémon 20th celebration with the Mythical Pokémon Mew! Mew was the first Mythical Pokémon to be discovered—obtained in the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue games. Mew now returns in much the same way as it appeared for players nearly 20 years ago. Don’t miss this chance to get the very first Mythical Pokémon once again!

The Mythical Pokémon Mew will be available at participating GameStop stores starting February 1, 2016. Visit GameStop to pick up a code that will unlock Mew in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game. Be sure to redeem your code in your game by May 31, 2016!

Edit: Correction. This is just the first distribution.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

All Gen 1-5 Mythicals will be distributed, one a month, apart from Phione and Deoxys in the US. EU will hopefully get this soon.

Edit2: Mew, Darkrai, Genesect and Arceus via GameStop code. Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Victini, Meloetta and Keldeo via Wi-Fi.

Edit3: Europe confirmed. No specifics announced.

Korosenai

I'll see if I can get one for you. I just need to remember to take my 3DS with me lol.

There are quite a few McDonald's around my way.

Just be aware, that I won't have to time soft reset for natures or specific IVs. I'll do on my lunch break or after work.

Do you have any extra mythicals?

You can have what once would have been lupinko's Hoopa if you like. Already have it so can't get specific nature for you if that matters. If it doesn't matter, it can be yours.
I know I'm really late to this, but I've been super busy with life. Christmas with family and then moving to New Jersey and still won't be in the house or have internet until Friday at the earliest.

But yeah, if you guys still have any extra Hoopas I'd love to trade for one! I'll have to look on my Pokemon Y later but a couple years ago I was pretty active here on neogaf and used to iv breed perfect Pokemon and trade them as well. So I may have some spares, and I think I have some pretty good Celebis as well from a couple years ago when those were being traded around.

Ahnez

All Gen 1-5 Mythicals will be distributed, one a month, apart from Phione and Deoxys in the US. EU will probably get this soon.
Well, Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect are gamestop distributions

Everything else is "nintendo network" (wifi I believe)

Thats soo good
Wish Darkrai wasn't a store distr tho..

Well, Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect are gamestop distributions

Everything else is "nintendo network" (wifi I believe)

Thats soo good
Wish Darkrai wasn't a store distr tho..
Yeah those who want loads of WiFi events should hopefully be happy now. Glad Mythicals are being opened up to more people.

Not normally so many events in the US. This will probably push me to buy an NA 3DS if I can find one for cheap.

lupinko

Hmm, I guess I should be asking my friends back home to get me Gamestop codes. LOL

EDIT: North American Victini DOESN'T have V-create. Looks like that move is still Event-only.

The Pokemon Scrap Victini has it.

Ugh more EB/GS codes. If it's like the Dragonite event last year they'll go quick.

Too bad the Mew event isn't DLC. Imagine pushing a truck near the SS Tidal to get it.

ebevan91

Ugh more EB/GS codes. If it's like the Dragonite event last year they'll go quick.

Too bad the Mew event isn't DLC. Imagine pushing a truck near the SS Tidal to get it.

Or if it's like the Gamestop near me, they didn't even have the Gengar or Diancie events. I live in a pretty small city so it's not like the Gamestop here is crawling with customers all the time.

Ahnez

TPCi likes trolling NA? :p

There's no other explanation.. lol You can relearn event moves with Heart Scales in gen 6, right? If we're lucky, maybe this Victini already have V-Create as a 'remember-able' move :p

Well.. I'll have to ask for a code when it happens.. I don't care about missing Mew/Arceus/Genesect.. But why Darkrai had to be a gamestop code too :(

Muku

All Gen 1-5 Mythicals will be distributed, one a month, apart from Phione and Deoxys in the US. EU will hopefully get this soon.

Edit2: Mew, Darkrai, Genesect and Arceus via GameStop code. Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Victini, Meloetta and Keldeo via Wi-Fi.

Awwwwww yesssssssss! Who died and decided to give us something nice? :eek: GameStop which is meh, but I'll just go a town down to an area with two within extremely short distance from each other. XD

I'll finally be able to get my own Mew and Meloetta which will be amazing.

I know I'm really late to this, but I've been super busy with life. Christmas with family and then moving to New Jersey and still won't be in the house or have internet until Friday at the earliest.

But yeah, if you guys still have any extra Hoopas I'd love to trade for one! I'll have to look on my Pokemon Y later but a couple years ago I was pretty active here on neogaf and used to iv breed perfect Pokemon and trade them as well. So I may have some spares, and I think I have some pretty good Celebis as well from a couple years ago when those were being traded around.

I still have the Hoopa, if you're interested. :)

Edit: brain fart

backlot

That's a good question, they probably don't go well together anymore since I scrapped my old team to shoehorn in Xerneas and Rayray.

I picked Latias because I already have a 5IV Timid flawless that I SRed (which took me almost a year lol, but it was really on and off), and Florges is something fun I've been using a lot lately in different teams. Although because of the new VGC rules and since I'd like to try to play at Pokemon Center tournaments, I guess those two will get the boot?

If the two don't go together I'll be willing to ditch the pairing, I have many different pokes ready for me to breed for flawless and EV train.

I guess I should say this instead?

Rayquaza
Xerneas
Landorus
Togekiss
?????
?????

I have Aegislash, Zoroark, Greninja and many others ready but since it's all legends now I don't know if I should bother.

Those four are pretty good. One thing you should keep in mind is that Kang/Smeargle/Xerneas cores and Primal Groudon/Kyogre are pretty much the meta right now. You're going to need to be able to handle them. Since your restricted legends are both pretty frail, you'll probably need a plan for what to do if your opponent has Trick Room too.

tiijj

Kinda sucks since EB/GS got Mew and Arceus. Also Trainer Red Nendoroid is a pokemoncenter.com exclusive, this will be difficult.

Muku

I'm sure some folks will nab extra codes for the GameStop stuff when we can. I plan on trying to get extras. Will try to bring my husband with me as well for extras.

Hegarol

I am soo excited for the distributions. Finally all mythicals available in Gen VI. I have most of them from older gens but its just not the same.

Most excited for Manaphy though. Its actually the first distribution ever for it in Germany outside the Ranger games.

I just hope the Code Mythicals will be available in all stores (like MediaMarkt etc.) and not just Gamestop.

So hyped for the monthly mythical Pokemon.

My only worry is that I'm running out of Wonder Card space, but I've got months to think of something.

Here's what I have on X:

1. VGC Mamoswine - Keeping for sure; my first event Pokemon at my first VGC event.
2. GAME UK Magmar - Or was this my first event? It was redeemed afterwards, but I think the event came before Mamoswine.
3. Fancy Vivillon
4. GAME UK Charizard - I can probably toss this; too many Charizards DX
5. Hong Kong Charizard - Ditto
6. Poke Ball Vivillon
7. Spooky Pumpkaboo
8. November Diancie - My favourite Mythical.
9. October Shiny Gengar - Unclaimed
10. Taiwan Movie Diancie - Unclaimd
11. GAME UK Darkrai - Probably don't need this since we're getting Darkrai again.
12. GAME UK Shiny Charizard - Bye bye Charizard... Oh I guess, I could keep one.
13. Hong Kong Shiny Rayquaza
14. Universe Diancie - Unclaimed
15. Harry Hoopa - Unclaimed
16. Sly Zoroark - Unclaimed
17. Taiwan Movie Hoopa - Unclaimed
18. Taiwan Movie Arceus - Probably a keeper since I got a perfect Arceus from this
19. Hong Kong Shiny Jirachi - Unclaimed

Got 5 slots left and I need at least 11. Hmmmmm.

Ahnez

So hyped for the monthly mythical Pokemon.

My only worry is that I'm running out of Wonder Card space, but I've got months to think of something.

Here's what I have on X:

1. VGC Mamoswine - Keeping for sure; my first event Pokemon at my first VGC event.
2. GAME UK Magmar - Or was this my first event? It was redeemed afterwards, but I think the event came before Mamoswine.
3. Fancy Vivillon
4. GAME UK Charizard - I can probably toss this; too many Charizards DX
5. Hong Kong Charizard - Ditto
6. Poke Ball Vivillon
7. Spooky Pumpkaboo
8. November Diancie - My favourite Mythical.
9. October Shiny Gengar - Unclaimed
10. Taiwan Movie Diancie - Unclaimd
11. GAME UK Darkrai - Probably don't need this since we're getting Darkrai again.
12. GAME UK Shiny Charizard - Bye bye Charizard... Oh I guess, I could keep one.
13. Hong Kong Shiny Rayquaza
14. Universe Diancie - Unclaimed
15. Harry Hoopa - Unclaimed
16. Sly Zoroark - Unclaimed
17. Taiwan Movie Hoopa - Unclaimed
18. Taiwan Movie Arceus - Probably a keeper since I got a perfect Arceus from this
19. Hong Kong Shiny Jirachi - Unclaimed

Got 5 slots left and I need at least 11. Hmmmmm.

Buy another X :D

11 is almost half as many wonder cards a game can have lol

Hoo boy... I feel like the codes are gonna be a hassle to get. Glad we finally have this opportunity to get them though

Buy another X :D

11 is almost half as many wonder cards a game can have lol
What's the maximum?

Ahnez

Hoo boy... I feel like the codes are gonna be a hassle to get. Glad we finally have this opportunity to get them though

What's the maximum?

24 wonder cards

And we will get at least 11 events this year lol

If Z releases soon, I hope those events also are avaliable for it

Nando13

Hi Pokegaf!

I bought AS (last time I played a Pokemon game was Emerald) and I have a question: is it possible to catch them all (the 751 of them) in 3DS? Which versions I need?

Thanks!

backlot

Hi Pokegaf!

I bought AS (last time I played a Pokemon game was Emerald) and I have a question: is it possible to catch them all (the 751 of them) in 3DS? Which versions I need?

Thanks!

You can catch every Pokemon but the mythicals. You'd need every game to do it though (X,Y,OR,AS).

Joqu

Hi Pokegaf!

Thanks!

To expand a bit of that while you can't catch them all in one game (although AS does have a pretty expansive roster available) trading has been made easier than ever since Emerald so I don't think you'll have much trouble if you really want to go for it.

An X/Y game and an OR/AS game alongside with some trades for exclusive Pokemon between those pairs will get you very very far. I've done it for the first time ever this generation!

Other than that you'll still have event exclusive Pokemon to get a hold of but as luck might have it they're distributing those again very soon, as talked about just recently in this thread. Some of them are codes you'll be able to get at retailers and others will be simple wifi downloads, so while the wifi stuff won't be a problem the retailer ones are gonna depend on your region.

Good luck!

aceloop

Neo Member
Am I screwed for completing the Pokedex now?

Beldum - you can get ingame
Diancie - kinda for 100% pokedex....
Rayquaza - in game
Zoroark - in game

im not too sure if Diancie is needed for Pokedex to be completed 100% to get that in game pokedex certificate... but Diancie would be nice for any trainer.

lupinko

There's no other explanation.. lol You can relearn event moves with Heart Scales in gen 6, right? If we're lucky, maybe this Victini already have V-Create as a 'remember-able' move :p

Well.. I'll have to ask for a code when it happens.. I don't care about missing Mew/Arceus/Genesect.. But why Darkrai had to be a gamestop code too :(

Nah not going to happen unless Victini has it in a new Gen 6 game. :p

Those four are pretty good. One thing you should keep in mind is that Kang/Smeargle/Xerneas cores and Primal Groudon/Kyogre are pretty much the meta right now. You're going to need to be able to handle them. Since your restricted legends are both pretty frail, you'll probably need a plan for what to do if your opponent has Trick Room too.

Ah okay, well the two "slow" Pokemon I have are two variations of quiet Aegislash, but they're both 6IV so they're not really slow enough probably to counter any trick room sets (neither are EV trained in speed but obviously trick room sets will have pokes slower with 0IV speeds I figure). I'm mentioning these because I already have those Pokemon already ready to use. While Rayquaza and Xerneas will be both easy to reset for (unless one of the ones I farmed has amazing IVs out of the blue), the one that will be the most annoying is Landorus and I'd like to narrow down SR headaches to one. I guess I can also throw in Kangaskhan in or something.

Relaxed Shiny Xerneas
31/23/30/31/31/2

...Fuck, there are so many things wrong with a Relaxed Xerneas but I am so tempted to keep it...

EDIT: Kept it because even though it's oh, so wrong I have an idea and can always just get a regular Xerneas from my spare X cart if that idea fails miserably.

Top Bottom