• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Yes, thanks! I hadn't noticed because I don't collect shinies.

I am still willing to trade them for Diancie and Hoopa.

Ah okay, thought so. Did you redeem them yourself or were they given in trades? More of a curiousity thing. I think I have an extra of both but would have to look into it later. Plus shiny doggies aren't too high on my list as I'll be hunting them down to be their OT in ORAS. But am curious if you got them yourself. Might also be temptation for someone else, if being legit matters to them anyway.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Ah okay, thought so. Did you redeem them yourself or were they given in trades? More of a curiousity thing. I think I have an extra of both but would have to look into it later. Plus shiny doggies aren't too high on my list as I'll be hunting them down to be their OT in ORAS. But am curious if you got them yourself. Might also be temptation for someone else, if being legit matters to them anyway.

I got these two myself. I remember not being able to log in to get the Entei for some reason.

Nando13

People are awesome! I asked for a Charmander in exchange for a Graveller and they gave it to me!

It is lvl 1 and knows Outrage, Growl, Dragon Pulse and Dragon Rage (hatched). Is it legal (not hacked)?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to get caught up after a few years away from the game, and I've apparently missed the last two events. Does anyone have a spare Diancie and Hoopa they would be willing to give away?

Sadly I don't have much for trade - I've got a Raikou and Suicune marked WIN2011, which apparently means they're from the 2011 WiFi event for Zoroark: Master of Illusion.

I could also potentially breed anything you're missing since I have a complete dex.
Found someone to trade with. Thanks!

Cryxok

I kinda hate to just come and ask, but an unfortunate event happened today.
Tomorrow is a small, local tournament. My GF is learning how to play so I build her team for her.
Her team was ready but when I started to trade it over to her over Wi-Fi, we had a connection error when I was giving her a Bold Suicune with Leftovers, resulting in her Zigzagoon being cloned, overwriting the legendary Pokémon.
So now we were left without Suicune nor Leftovers. I guess we can still get them from her game but time is not in our favor, specially with Suicune since we'd still need to train it (and I won't be able to see her today). So, do anybody here have a spare Bold Suicune by any chance? so I can train it while she searches for the Leftovers.
I can offer some competitive breeds and/or Battle Maison items. Just ask away. I suppose my internet should be stable enough in about an hour, if the past days are any indication.

entremet

I kinda hate to just come and ask, but an unfortunate event happened today.
Tomorrow is a small, local tournament. My GF is learning how to play so I build her team for her.
Her team was ready but when I started to trade it over to her over Wi-Fi, we had a connection error when I was giving her a Bold Suicune with Leftovers, resulting in her Zigzagoon being cloned, overwriting the legendary Pokémon.
So now we were left without Suicune nor Leftovers. I guess we can still get them from her game but time is not in our favor, specially with Suicune since we'd still need to train it (and I won't be able to see her today). So, do anybody here have a spare Bold Suicune by any chance? so I can train it while she searches for the Leftovers.
I can offer some competitive breeds and/or Battle Maison items. Just ask away. I suppose my internet should be stable enough in about an hour, if the past days are any indication.
That sucks.

That's why I can stand legendaries becoming more prominent in the meta.

Annoying to SR for good ones and annoying that you can't breed them.

All my legendaries are pretty garbage since I got them for national dex purposes.

Cryxok

That sucks.

That's why I can stand legendaries becoming more prominent in the meta.

Annoying to SR for good ones and annoying that you can't breed them.

All my legendaries are pretty garbage since I got them for national dex purposes.

They aren't that hard to get in ORAS. They always come with at least 3 max ivs and you can use Synchronize to get them with the desired nature. Usually I just go for the nature and keep any ivs they get.
Then again, if you want a 5iv one you're pretty much doomed unless you hack.

backlot

They aren't that hard to get in ORAS. They always come with at least 3 max ivs and you can use Synchronize to get them with the desired nature. Usually I just go for the nature and keep any ivs they get.
Then again, if you want a 5iv one you're pretty much doomed unless you hack.

You're not doomed but to compete you're gonna want pretty close to max IVs. You can do it (and most people do it this way) but it can take weeks just to get one. The guaranteed three 31s were a great step but it is still really tedious.

Also the limit of one legend per playthrough is a bit stifling for competitive play as the standard builds are constantly changing. A month from now people might be using Kyogres and Groudons with totally different natures than today's standards and you'll have to catch new ones. This is going to be a difficult year if you want to catch your own stuff.

You're not doomed but to compete you're gonna want pretty close to max IVs. You can do it (and most people do it this way) but it can take weeks just to get one. The guaranteed three 31s were a great step but it is still really tedious.

Also the limit of one legend per playthrough is a bit stifling for competitive play as the standard builds are constantly changing. A month from now people might be using Kyogres and Groudons with totally different natures than today's standards and you'll have to catch new ones. This is going to be a difficult year if you want to catch your own stuff.
SRing legendaries is so luck-based it's stupid.

One time I spent like 10+ hours on my AS trying to catch a good Virizion. No luck. Then months later on OR I gave it another shot and got 31/31/31/X/29/31 Jolly in like 10 minutes.

Yeah, I agree with both points. That's why I just battle for fun : P

Also, I'm hoping (although it's unlikely) that Mythicals are legal for VGC 2017. With the monthly Mythical distribution this year, a lot more people should have access to Mythicals.

Muku

Yeah, I agree with both points. That's why I just battle for fun : P

Also, I'm hoping (although it's unlikely) that Mythicals are legal for VGC 2017. With the monthly Mythical distribution this year, a lot more people should have access to Mythicals.

But by then you'll have people complaining they couldn't get (insert mythical here) to come out with right natures/IVs and it's unfair, because they've spent a year + farming for it. Someone will always complain about something.

I think it would be interesting though to see them legal in 2017.

Firestorm

Mythicals will never be allowed. Outside of distribution I'm pretty sure they don't think about balance on them at all anyway as they'll never be legal. Also, having one available per month doesn't really help by that much. People will still miss their chance.

Mythicals will never be allowed. Outside of distribution I'm pretty sure they don't think about balance on them at all anyway as they'll never be legal. Also, having one available per month doesn't really help by that much. People will still miss their chance.

Is balance really an issue? We already have stuff like Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza running around now and the latter isn't even widely used.

Can't disagree with your second point though.

Anyway, I guess there's still the possibility of online competitions where they can be used. Except Sky Shaymin...

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks again for the trades, Muku! Really appreciated.

Muku

Thanks again for the trades, Muku! Really appreciated.

You're most welcome. :) Glad they're with someone who can appreciate them and not rotting away in bank. Thank you as well for the doggies!

I know when the mythicals come out this year I'll be trying to nab extras online and codes to help folks out here too.

Edit: Wow, these two doggies take me back. Was a cold winter that February. Didn't know we'd be in for something crazy the next month either.

JoeM86

I will be very surprised if, when Generation VII comes, the following doesn't happen for balance

Dark Void - Accuracy reduced to 70%
Parental Bond - Second hit reduced to being 25%-30% of the damage of the first hit.

We know the Parental Bond is likely, since Parental Bond was discussed in an interview with Game Freak in 2014, but Dark Void...we'll see.

Metagame is always like this. We have a lot of samey stuff at the start, but soon more and more people will experiment around it. Saw some interesting stuff at UK Regionals yesterday including Electrode and lots of Raichu use so who knows what it'll evolve into.

Kinokou

This may be heretics, but wouldn't it be nice if what you can't breed can't compete in VGC?

Metagame is always like this. We have a lot of samey stuff at the start, but soon more and more people will experiment around it. Saw some interesting stuff at UK Regionals yesterday including Electrode and lots of Raichu use so who knows what it'll evolve into.

What are they running on the Raichus? It was the runt of my first competitive team in gen 4 and I never touched it since.

JoeM86

This may be heretics, but wouldn't it be nice if what you can't breed can't compete in VGC?

What are they running on the Raichus? It was the runt of my first competitive team in gen 4 and I never touched it since.

From what I saw, it was teamed with Kyogre to lure in Electric moves. Thinks like Fake Out, Volt Switch, Thunder etc.

Firestorm

I don't think 70% accuracy is much help. Either would need to hit your partner or become single target. I think that hitting your partner is a good nerf that stays thematically true to what the move should be as Darkrai's signature attack.
With Kyogre around you can run Thunder. Fake Out + Encore is almost a given. Focus Sash often required on Raichu.

JoeM86

My Hawlucha is racking up all the Legendary KOs at the moment. On its kill list are:

Mewtwo
Mega Mewtwo X
Primal Groudon
Primal Kyogre
Palkia
Xerneas

All have been OHKO'd by Hawlucha at one point in this metagame and the last Battle Competition that used the legendaries. It's a beast.

I don't think 70% accuracy is much help. Either would need to hit your partner or become single target. I think that hitting your partner is a good nerf that stays thematically true to what the move should be as Darkrai's signature attack.

Yeah that's actually a good idea. Hit your partner so you either have to Protect or take the chance. That would easily stop the domination of Dark Void that is happening right now, making it a far more riskier proposition.

Hegarol

Only one week left till Mew distribution and we still don't have details for Europe. Come on PCI give us some info!

Another thing: Do I understand it correctly that these Mythical distribution are only available in the West and not in Japan?

Only one week left till Mew distribution and we still don't have details for Europe. Come on PCI give us some info!

Another thing: Do I understand it correctly that these Mythical distribution are only available in the West and not in Japan?

Yeah, nothing announced for Japan apart from the Mew which is distributed by code with purchase of a VC game. Although some Mythicals could be in the second scrap route.

Muku

Yeah, nothing announced for Japan apart from the Mew which is distributed by code with purchase of a VC game. Although some Mythicals could be in the second scrap route.

Pretty sure we already know the scrap Pokemon as being shiny Eevee, HA Articuno, HA Moltres, and HA Zapdos.

Pretty sure we already know the scrap Pokemon as being shiny Eevee, HA Articuno, HA Moltres, and HA Zapdos.

There are two Scrap routes this year. The birds and shiny Eevee are Route A which starts March but the events for Route B which starts in April have not been announced.

This is first I've heard of a second scrap route.

Both cpt_buzz_lightyear of Reddit and Serebii have reported this. I haven't actually seen a primary source but they are both very reliable and I would be surprised if they had both got it wrong.

Serebii said:
It's also confirmed that there will be a second course, starting April 28th, which has more Pokémon and items. Those will be revealed at a later point.
cpt_buzz_lightyear said:
In addition this is only course A. Course B starting a month later will give you different events.

Edit: Primary source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/01/160115_cm01.html?a001=news

Muku

Both cpt_buzz_lightyear of Reddit and Serebii have reported this. I haven't actually seen a primary source but they are both very reliable and I would be surprised if they had both got it wrong.

Yeah I read Serebii, just don't remember second one being mentioned. But past while I've been sick, working a lot, and stressed so maybe I missed it. ;_; I do feel a bit out of loop right now.

Ahnez

The Crescent Isle appeared in my game, so I decided to stop being lazy and capture Cresselia..

Was going to SR only until I get a decent one

Ended up with a 31/30/31/24-25/28-29/31 Calm one

Yes, Calm without perfect Sdef, but it will be only 3 points less at level 100 :p

Cormano

Anyone with a Porygon2 or PorygonZ? (Or an extra Dubious Disk or Up-grade). Trying to complete the Dex, sitting at 698 right now.

lupinko

Quick question which game would you recommend play through the first time diamond, pearl, or platinum?

Platinum.

Mainly because the performance is so awful for Diamond & Pearl. Those two games are sub-20fps. Not even turning off the animations helps the speed all that much.

Those games are just good if you want to get Mew and Phione with Pokemon Ranch.

Ahnez

I didn't know about those framerate problems

GF is not exactly good at optimizing their games, but still, is there a reason for it?

Seibmoz

Platinum.

Mainly because the performance is so awful for Diamond & Pearl. Those two games are sub-20fps. Not even turning off the animations helps the speed all that much.

Those games are just good if you want to get Mew and Phione with Pokemon Ranch.
Thanks. Gen IV was the only one they I skip and want something to tie me over until my play through of the rerelease of Pokemon Yellow

My Hawlucha is racking up all the Legendary KOs at the moment. On its kill list are:

Mewtwo
Mega Mewtwo X
Primal Groudon
Primal Kyogre
Palkia
Xerneas

All have been OHKO'd by Hawlucha at one point in this metagame and the last Battle Competition that used the legendaries. It's a beast.

Hawlucha is GOAT. What set are you using?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally caved in and bought Omega Ruby yesterday, because I need the exclusive legendaries from that game in order to complete my living dex. I also need Xerneas and the other two legendary birds from X, but I'm holding off until Z is released (unless both birds aren't catchable in a single playthrough).

Hoping I can get a code for the 4 Gamestop exclusive mythicals eventually, since I don't live in the US :/

Finally caved in and bought Omega Ruby yesterday, because I need the exclusive legendaries from that game in order to complete my living dex. I also need Xerneas and the other two legendary birds from X, but I'm holding off until Z is released (unless both birds aren't catchable in a single playthrough).

Hoping I can get a code for the 4 Gamestop exclusive mythicals eventually, since I don't live in the US :/

Where are you from?

I'm sure somebody could gift you a shiny Xerneas : )

Legendary birds might be slightly more difficult though, since it's only 1 per playthrough. Unless you bring them over from a previous gen game.

Muku

You don't live in the US, but you have a US 3DS, correct? If so, I'd say the months that are codes via GameStop to keep your eyes out here. I'm sure some of us will be able to snag extra codes for folks. :3

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Where are you from?

I'm sure somebody could gift you a shiny Xerneas : )

Legendary birds might be slightly more difficult though, since it's only 1 per playthrough. Unless you bring them over from a previous gen game.
I'm from Argentina, with an American 3DS (though I set the country as Canada, so I could buy from the eShop with my credit card). A shiny Xerneas sounds great! Sadly I'm a little bit obsessive, so I like to be the original trainer of every Pokemon I add to my living dex, or at least acquire them via in-game gift or online distribution (like the shiny Beldum when ORAS came out). Thats why I'm hoping Xerneas, Articuno and Moltres are all available in Z, and without having to play the game twice :p

You don't live in the US, but you have a US 3DS, correct? If so, I'd say the months that are codes via GameStop to keep your eyes out here. I'm sure some of us will be able to snag extra codes for folks. :3
That would be so awesome ^^

Top Bottom