• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ahnez

I don't know. I don't see it that way. I see it as an investment to easily store and access my Pokemon. Love bank so much. Having a living dex and a shiny dex in there is amazing. I guess I do it for convenience. If they give us something, that's awesome. If not, not sweating it. Just cannot express how much I love the bank.

But even with that said, at this point this year, what could they even give us that would get folks excited, considering we're having a boatload of legendaries come our way this year?
Last year was just a set of HA starters, they can do the same this year, with starters from other gen
Or something shiny
It will not be better than the 20th year events - that's impossible - its just a little bonus lol

Macka

But even with that said, at this point this year, what could they even give us that would get folks excited, considering we're having a boatload of legendaries come our way this year?
They could give us female Hidden Ability starters in exclusive balls.

I'd be excited! :p

So I haven't yet picked up either version - instead I've been going back to take care of all my post-game X/Y content and realized after training up my Tyranitar that the Y version that I have doesn't have his mega stone.

If anyone wants to trade their Tyranitarite for my Aggronite , please let me know.

Ahnez

Wow, with all this talk about 20th anniversary, it took me way too long to notice I'm almost exactly as old as pokemon

Really, the difference is less than a month lol

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Guys, in ORAS, what is there in end game? Just completing the dex via training and breeding IV/EV Pokemon for battling online?

Sandfox

It would make sense for Bank to give us the HA Regi trio this year.

Guys, in ORAS, what is there in end game? Just completing the dex via training and breeding IV/EV Pokemon for battling online?

There's Delta Episode if you haven't done that and the Battle Maison.

Muku

I thought the HA trio last year was just more of an event. Celebi was the more of "get into Pokebank" thing. The HA trio had to be redeemed via the codes. Which is why I'm not sure that a trio of HA batch of other starters would happen. Actually thought about it before posting earlier before remembering Celebi was the bonus for bank.

They're already giving us a lot this year for which I am thankful for. But took the 20th anniversary for us to get the love Japan sees in a year.

StoneFox

Currently knee-deep in a competitive shiny Furfrou breeding spree and it looks to be a long project despite Masuda Method and Shiny Charm xP

Nester

Currently knee-deep in a competitive shiny Furfrou breeding spree and it looks to be a long project despite Masuda Method and Shiny Charm xP

I feel you. 1600 eggs in on a Shiny Cottonee for a Whimsicott for my VGC team and still no luck. Shiny charm and Masuda Method have not been helpful. :(

lupinko

If you don't mind having a different OT, the fastest way is to find someone who can shiny hatch your egg with the matching Shiny Value.

JoeM86

I thought the HA trio last year was just more of an event. Celebi was the more of "get into Pokebank" thing. The HA trio had to be redeemed via the codes. Which is why I'm not sure that a trio of HA batch of other starters would happen. Actually thought about it before posting earlier before remembering Celebi was the bonus for bank.

They're already giving us a lot this year for which I am thankful for. But took the 20th anniversary for us to get the love Japan sees in a year.

There were two HA trios

The Johto Starters with their HAs were given via Bank
The Unova Starters with their HAs were given via Code

lupinko

This is the second time tonight Hoopa trolled me, both with adamant but the first time was SpD, now it was with Def:

HP 80 140 - 155 30 - 31
Attack x1.1 110 126 - 143 30 - 31
Defense 60 65 - 80 2 - 3
Spec. Attack x0.9 150 139 - 153 30 - 31
Spec. Defense 130 135 - 150 30 - 31
Speed 70 75 - 90 30 - 31

:(

Ahnez

.. Well
You got more near 5IVs today than I got since I started playing lol

Edit: how does the power items affect EVs?
Does it change which stat's EVs you get, or it adds on top of them?

Muku

There were two HA trios

The Johto Starters with their HAs were given via Bank
The Unova Starters with their HAs were given via Code

You're right I'd forgotten about that. But even still think giving a bonus of one thing would be more their speed. Feel like 3 was just a kick start. Though think we got lucky to get Celebi in process in combo with that.

Muzy72

Banned
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but can someone plz trade me a Diancie and Hoopa? I missed out on those events and would love the have them to complete my Pokédex ._.

I can snag an extra Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect from the GameStop events later this year in return.

Hegarol

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but can someone plz trade me a Diancie and Hoopa? I missed out on those events and would love the have them to complete my Pokédex ._.

I can snag an extra Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect from the GameStop events later this year in return.
Got an extra Diancie I can give you. Self redeemed from the PAL distribution :)

I don't know if it's the right thread, but I wanted to ask you guys if there was someone that was willing to trade a charmander with me. I'm not far in the game, I just unlocked my secret base, so I don't have any special pokèmon for it, only the ones you usually find. I don't care about EVs, special stuff and that advanced stuff, so a basic charmander is fine, I just wanted to play the game with it since it's my favourite pokèmon since "red" and I can't capture it in-game.
I don't know if it's a valuable pokèmon or else, if it is nevermind xD

edit: just read someone with a similar request,that wasn't intentional xD

Ahnez

I believe I have an extra Hoopa

Not sure though :p
Almost sure I have

Adds on top

Right, thanks :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I do have a spare Hoopa (got one in Y and another in AS). Since I don't live in the US and therefore can't get the codes, I'd be more than happy to take your offer and exchange it for them ^^

I don't know if it's the right thread, but I wanted to ask you guys if there was someone that was willing to trade a charmander with me. I'm not far in the game, I just unlocked my secret base, so I don't have any special pokèmon for it, only the ones you usually find. I don't care about EVs, special stuff and that advanced stuff, so a basic charmander is fine, I just wanted to play the game with it since it's my favourite pokèmon since "red" and I can't capture it in-game.
I don't know if it's a valuable pokèmon or else, if it is nevermind xD

edit: just read someone with a similar request,that wasn't intentional xD
Sure thing, I'm getting home in like 10 minutes. Send me a PM with your FC if you haven't been hooked up by then!

Sandfox

Draft-style Pokemon leagues have been taking off recent and they are pretty interesting to watch. Does anyone else follow them?

gosox333

need a diance for pokedex reasons

willing to shamelessly beg for one

have random leftover legends if the idea of giveaways doesn't sit right

halp

Hegarol

We got information on the new scrap event:
Eevee (1x), Articuno (4x), Zapdos (14x), Moltres (16x) will be distributed.

I really hope we get the HA birds in the west.

Also another Nintendo HK/TW Facebook event: HA Infernape. Distribution starts January 28th 18:30 HKT.

lupinko

Also another Nintendo HK/TW Facebook event: HA Infernape. Distribution starts January 28th 18:30 HKT.

Is he Shiny at least? Because I already Iron Fist chimchar and HA Piplip and Turtwig.

New Scrap is interesting but would have better if the birds were also Shiny besides having HA.

Zapdos is twelve codes and I've heard there will also be a second scrap route which allows you to get more events. The second route will be available one month after the first route. Eevee is shiny but the rest are not.

I'm glad Infernape is getting an event. Gen 4 starters are underated, imo.

Will check them out.

Also, is there a Pokemon available via Mystery Gift atm? Looked before but received nobody, just got the game today.
There are multiple types of Mystery Gift. The only one you can get at home are Nintendo Network ones. Currently there are no Nintendo Network distributions.

There will be some in the coming months though. Celebi is the next Nintendo Network event for NA, which starts March 1. Also the next Serial Code event for NA is Mew on Feb 1. You can get the codes from GameStop stores.

Muku

Yeah, read about Internape late last night. Already have HA one. Think that'll be a bit early here so while I was interested I don't feel awful about it. I guess having an HA at least eases my mind on that event.

Surprised the Eevee is the one at #1 scrap code. At same time maybe I'm not. Would be awesome way to fill the shiny dex. Get enough for all then evolve. XD Would be nice. But not surprised in they don't want the HA birds to be quick and easy farms I suppose.

Yeah, read about Internape late last night. Already have HA one. Think that'll be a bit early here so while I was interested I don't feel awful about it. I guess having an HA at least eases my mind on that event.

Surprised the Eevee is the one at #1 scrap code. At same time maybe I'm not. Would be awesome way to fill the shiny dex. Get enough for all then evolve. XD Would be nice. But not surprised in they don't want the HA birds to be quick and easy farms I suppose.

You don't have to worry about staying early; we've got your back : )

Yeah, I was hoping Eevee would be the 1 scrap mon this time. Gonna love having an excess of Scrap Eevees like Scrap Shaymin last year.

Almost tempted to evolve them... almost.

Muku

You don't have to worry about staying early; we've got your back : )

Yeah, I was hoping Eevee would be the 1 scrap mon this time. Gonna love having an excess of Scrap Eevees like Scrap Shaymin last year.

Almost tempted to evolve them... almost.

Hah I figure as much. ;) Actually I guess I feel less of "OMG" now I know at least this year we're getting some love. I'm sure next year it'll be back to almost nothing. But just stoked about this years stuff.

I'm less inclined to farm the scrap this year. One it'll be more work, but shiny Eevee isn't as tempting for some reason. I mean if I did I'd do it enough for Eevee and one of each evolution for my shiny dex, but I wouldn't go beyond that. Just don't feel like it's worth it. Though guess with Shaymin coming out this year not sure scrap Shaymin will have much sway. :(

If somehow I can get 9 cards will do the Eeveelution combo for myself. Actually would only need 8 since I already have a shiny Eevee with me as OT. Eh, will see how things go. More interested in birds just because. But not enough I feel like I should order packs online for the codes inside. Of course that might also be a deterrent this time. No money and can't just go to store for them.

I really dug last years. I claimed a bunch of Shaymin. 20? That's after my own Shaymin, Victini, and Keldeo redemption. I also redeemed them on different days back-to-back. Meant I'd farm one a day which made it managable.

Muku

Ah, so I'm sool

Not necessarily. If you got scrap codes and needed help with redeeming them for their in game codes I can assist you with that. Same for redeeming the Pokemon itself. Same goes for anyone here. If you get them and need help on any of it, let me know and will help ya out with it. :)

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to get caught up after a few years away from the game, and I've apparently missed the last two events. Does anyone have a spare Diancie and Hoopa they would be willing to give away?

Sadly I don't have much for trade - I've got a Raikou and Suicune marked WIN2011, which apparently means they're from the 2011 WiFi event for Zoroark: Master of Illusion.

I could also potentially breed anything you're missing since I have a complete dex.

Muku

I'm trying to get caught up after a few years away from the game, and I've apparently missed the last two events. Does anyone have a spare Diancie and Hoopa they would be willing to give away?

Sadly I don't have much for trade - I've got a Raikou and Suicune marked WIN2011, which apparently means they're from the 2011 WiFi event for Zoroark: Master of Illusion.

I could also potentially breed anything you're missing since I have a complete dex.

Weren't those shiny?

So I started a game of a hacked Ruby. I already blacked out like 4 times. Game is hard man. Especially since I picked treecko and apparently May's Torchic is Speed Boost.

Top Bottom