• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hegarol

I'm from Argentina, with an American 3DS (though I set the country as Canada, so I could buy from the eShop with my credit card). A shiny Xerneas sounds great! Sadly I'm a little bit obsessive, so I like to be the original trainer of every Pokemon I add to my living dex, or at least acquire them via in-game gift or online distribution
Thats exactly like me. I am catching everything myself, Pokeball only, no other balls allowed. One other thing I do: All evolved Pokemon are only allowed to be trained through the Pokemon Day Care or other methods that do not evolve battles. I want a pure living dex. I know I am insane but its fun.

Ahnez

Its the only problem with distribution via codes.. I mean, the codes are nice because even those who can't go to the event locations can get the event pokemon.. But the distributions are way too limited

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thats exactly like me. I am catching everything myself, Pokeball only, no other balls allowed. One other thing I do: All evolved Pokemon are only allowed to be trained through the Pokemon Day Care or other methods that do not evolve battles. I want a pure living dex. I know I am insane but its fun.
What...? Hahaha, that's absolutely crazy! I'd love to see it once you're able to finish it, that sure is an interesting and original goal.

I'm a little more lax when it comes to rules. The mon can come from wherever (friends, wonder trade, GTS, even used copies of White and Black 2 that I bought and had the seller's save), but it goes into the day care with a Ditto until I get an egg for each evolutionary stage, including itself (otherwise it wouldn't have my name as the original trainer).

I'm getting closer. So far, the only non-legendary mons I'm missing are Togetic, Togekiss, Lopunny, Leavanny and the Porygon evolutions. The friendship ones are boring to get but can be easily done, and the items required to evolve Porygon will force me to spend some time in the Battle Maison, which is something I don't want to do at the moment.

lupinko

Oh right for anyone who gets extra NA GameStop Mew codes (Arceus, Darkrai, and Genesect later this year), I'm willing to trade for them. I have many farmed local Japanese only XYORAS events stocked up.

Muku

Oh right for anyone who gets extra NA GameStop Mew codes (Arceus, Darkrai, and Genesect later this year), I'm willing to trade for them. I have many farmed local Japanese only XYORAS events stocked up.

I figure you might want them, but why saving on extras? Need more variety in the trade bin? Also, which local events have they had recently that you've got farmed up?

lupinko

I figure you might want them, but why saving on extras? Need more variety in the trade bin? Also, which local events have they had recently that you've got farmed up?

Shiny Diancie, Mega Pokemon, XYZ Legends (Shinies Xerneas and Yveltal, Event Move Zygarde), VGC Tyranitar, etc...

Ahnez

Mmmm Shiny Diancie... kind of surprised they released that one so soon.
Well, if Volcanion is distributed this year, then America can say it got every single event legendary in a 2 year span

Japan had to do something to not fall behind lol

Do you want the EU codes? I'll be able to get at least a few dozen of each.

No Mew for me. No big deal, I already own at least one.

At least a few of them are just being distributed over the Nintendo Network, right?

KarasuEXE

If someone would be kind to get me the US Gamestop codes (I live in Brazil) I would really appreciate it :) I think I even have some event Pokémon I can give in return...

Ahnez

I finally started working on a living dex

But with one detail, only HA pokemon (if they have it)

Mostly to make breeding easier, so undiscovered egg group mons don't need to have their HA

.. I guess it will take a while lol

Muku

Don't worry I have your sets of all those Pokemon set aside for you. :)

Haha I figure that might be case. I must have a box waiting for me. :O You have a friend nabbing you a code for yourself though, right? Just want to make sure you yourself are set up with codes when the time comes.

Well, if Volcanion is distributed this year, then America can say it got every single event legendary in a 2 year span

Japan had to do something to not fall behind lol

Bwa hahaha. XD Can't let America get love... without Japan getting more love. It's all good though. I'm really happy the 20th anniversary we're getting as much love as we are. :)

Ahnez

Bwa hahaha. XD Can't let America get love... without Japan getting more love. It's all good though. I'm really happy the 20th anniversary we're getting as much love as we are. :)
This year is so good I really don't mind if Japan gets some exclusive things lol

Unless, you know, if they decide release Z in japan a few months before the rest of the world..

Cormano

I was doing some leveling and encountered my first shiny Pokémon (although I don't really care for them, it was a nice surprise) a Golbat.

Wiped89

Is this a good place to ask for trades?

I'm looking for 6IV Ditto :). I have seen a few on GTS but I'm not sure I trust it after trading away a Level 100 Houndoom for a piece of junk...

I've got two spare Kyogres, a spare Ho-oh, Regis, the Gen IV Azelf, Uxie, Mespirit trio... can someone help out? Thanks :)

lupinko

Haha I figure that might be case. I must have a box waiting for me. :O You have a friend nabbing you a code for yourself though, right? Just want to make sure you yourself are set up with codes when the time comes.

I asked my friends back home and in the States but there's no guarantee since GameStop and EBGames are careless when handing out codes. I'm just basically hoarding everything now, so as many as possible. Lol

So Mew is level 100 and only knows Pound? Hmm.
Weren't previous Mew's level 5?

Not always, Pokemon Ranch Mew was level 50 and had special moves, while Faraway Island Mew was level 30 who had access to special moves in XD. I'm sure there are other examples.

Just a reminder: HK infernape distribution is tomorrow at 18:30 HK time.

Woohoo! Time to hoard!

Is this a good place to ask for trades?

I'm looking for 6IV Ditto :). I have seen a few on GTS but I'm not sure I trust it after trading away a Level 100 Houndoom for a piece of junk...

I've got two spare Kyogres, a spare Ho-oh, Regis, the Gen IV Azelf, Uxie, Mespirit trio... can someone help out? Thanks :)

Sure why not, I have a ton of 6IV Dittos. Did you want to Masuda Method too? Also what is the language of your game?

Edit: Your location says UK so it's English then!

Around 12 mins until the HK Infernape distribution starts.

Time for me to quickly "fly" to Hong Kong XD

EDIT: Distribution is entirely region locked this time. You can try though: Link

I can help, sure.

That doesn't mean much though. Previous distributions lasted for multiple days, but ended within hours.

Well I got some in time anyway, thankfully.

Edit: wow it doesn't even check that the email is valid. Once you get past the region lock this is easier to farm than woobox.

Srsly?

Woobox was actually an alright solution. One step foward, ten steps backwards it seems. I've managed to redeem a language set though so it doesn't really matter.

Hegarol

I lost at least 3 codes. Haven't tried the code I got for you, but I have a bad feeling.

No problem though, I can always get a new code. Or give you a redeemed Infernape.
As I only need it for my personal I am totally fine with a redeemed one as long as it has an ENG language tag.

Ahnez

God I was going to try using the browser proxy

But, really? wtf

This is as bad as using something like ...login=abc&password=1234 on the url

Top Bottom