• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Wow. Just read the reading of others codes for HK Infernape. Seriously? Who the hell sets their shit up like that? Why would they go with this other place that obviously cannot handle an event like this without others peeking at others? I'm wondering if they'll either fix it or not use them again. Also curious why they went with someone else on this.

It's sad the value of the HK Infernape is basically nil now.

Speaking of annoyances, I updated my 3DS to use Bank, but I got the corrupted Home menu issue and now I have to comb my SD card to delete the corrupted data or continue staring at my eternal black screen.

Ahnez

Speaking of annoyances, I updated my 3DS to use Bank, but I got the corrupted Home menu issue and now I have to comb my SD card to delete the corrupted data or continue staring at my eternal black screen.

Maybe you can try to force it to re-update?

I think it is done by holding L R up and A while turning the system on

Maybe you can try to force it to re-update?

I think it is done by holding L R up and A while turning the system on

I tried that 3 times on my Japanese 3DS and it didn't work. Maybe it works eventually, but clearing the corrupted data seems like the easiest solution.

Seems to be the files in a folder called 00000098 (for my two "bricked" 3DSes).

But dang my SD card reader is super slow >___<

Ahnez

I tried that 3 times on my Japanese 3DS and it didn't work. Maybe it works eventually, but clearing the corrupted data seems like the easiest solution.

Seems to be the files in a folder called 00000098 (for my two "bricked" 3DSes).

But dang my SD card reader is super slow >___<

Oh, I see :/

Good luck :p

Maybe a silly question but I am halfway through Pokemon x and I've been a bit worried that family who have access to my d's may accidentally overwrite my save or something

Is there any way to backup the save somewhere just in case?

I vaguely saw an option to save to sd card but im a bit unclear on if that backs up the save or just simply transfers it?

Ahnez

Maybe a silly question but I am halfway through Pokemon x and I've been a bit worried that family who have access to my d's may accidentally overwrite my save or something

Is there any way to backup the save somewhere just in case?

I vaguely saw an option to save to sd card but im a bit unclear on if that backs up the save or just simply transfers it?

No, there's no way.

But its impossible to accidentally overwrite a pokemon save. The only way to do is deleting the save, which can only be done by a specific button combination that is not mentioned anywhere in the game

Muku

Seems strange Infernape comes in at level 88. Is there something I don't get about that number?

Edit: Guess this thing isn't guaranteed 3 perfect IVs either, eh?

(Naive) 9 / 3 / 23 / 22 / 29 / 13

Seems strange Infernape comes in at level 88. Is there something I don't get about that number?

Edit: Guess this thing isn't guaranteed 3 perfect IVs either, eh?

(Naive) 9 / 3 / 23 / 22 / 29 / 13

8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture (which is very superstitious, I may add). It sounds similar to word for "fortune" and it is to celebrate Lunar New Year after all ^^

88 basically sounds like "rich rich".

Conversely, 4 is a terrible number since it sounds almost exactly like the word for "death".

Muku

8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture (which is very superstitious, I may add). It sounds similar to word for "fortune" and it is to celebrate Lunar New Year after all ^^

88 basically sounds like "rich rich".

Conversely, 4 is a terrible number since it sounds almost exactly like the word for "death".

Ah, so basically Chinese version of what I was figuring. I know Japan has some issues with numbers and their sounds and all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No, there's no way.

But its impossible to accidentally overwrite a pokemon save. The only way to do is deleting the save, which can only be done by a specific button combination that is not mentioned anywhere in the game
They could kinda ruin the save, though, if they save the game after releasing some mons or dropping some items. Or advance in the story.

88 MPH? It'd make sense if it was a Celebi :p

They could kinda ruin the save, though, if they save the game after releasing some mons or dropping some items. Or advance in the story.

88 MPH? It'd make sense if it was a Celebi :p

Store your valuable Pokemon in Bank and then hide Bank in the far corner of your Home menu? : P

EDIT

Got a working Infernape code. Can someone redeem it for me? Strangely PAL English doesn't seem to work.

Huh, it should work. What error do you get?

I have an Infernape for you (with the code I gave you), but I'm still redeeming them for other people so I don't have time to trade.

Hegarol

Huh, it should work. What error do you get?

I have an Infernape for you (with the code I gave you), but I'm still redeeming them for other people so I don't have time to trade.
Just says 'Gift not available'. Will do another check tomorrow. Thx for your redemption, I greatly appreciate it :) Lets trade over the weekend.

lupinko

They should've just stuck to woobox.

No, there's no way.

To be more technical when you wipe the save in a Pokemon game, you are not deleting anything, rather just overwriting it with a new save. The original save file creation date is still from the first time the game was started and saved.

That's how TPC locked Manaphy to one per cartridge in Pokemon Ranger.

But of course with external devices you could completely delete the save thus restoring the Manaphy event.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just wonder traded a Magikarp and got this

12407361_966148276766214_172740489_n.jpg

exhume

So, does anyone know if that rumour about the legendary distros coming to Australia has any truth to it? Apparently the Mew one is meant to start on February 1st, but that's darn soon for something that hasn't had an announcement...!

Muku

So, does anyone know if that rumour about the legendary distros coming to Australia has any truth to it? Apparently the Mew one is meant to start on February 1st, but that's darn soon for something that hasn't had an announcement...!

not sure but EU only got theirs his week and t starts and day, yeah? Just seems like they are slow to announce but want areas to start on same day. Kind of strange US got notification love first but I'm glad we finally got something early LOL

Also, is there any chance the HK guys will go back to Woobox? Is this a one time thing? If not, why the hell did they switch? Woobox worked at least with having your shit jacked.

Ahnez

Also, is there any chance the HK guys will go back to Woobox? Is this a one time thing? If not, why the hell did they switch? Woobox worked at least with having your shit jacked.

Well.. Woobox coudn't limit the distribution to a specific region, while this one can......

This actually was pretty useless, any browser can bypass IP-based region locks

I think they didn't know about the hilariously weak security, if they did, I doubt they would have choosen it lol

Holy crap guys I haven't played Pokemon in months but with the Superbowl Commerical, Pokken and other stuff going on I've been in the mood again so I hopped on to AS to EV train some 5 IVs for a team I was building before I had taken a break. While going for special attack EV hordes I found a Shiny Oddish and I got super excited! While I've gotten shinies before, it's still a rare enough occurrence to be exciting. Well, not even two battles later I ran into another one... I wish I could choose when to have luck like this.

Muku

Well.. Woobox coudn't limit the distribution to a specific region, while this one can......

This actually was pretty useless, any browser can bypass IP-based region locks

I think they didn't know about the hilariously weak security, if they did, I doubt they would have choosen it lol

I know they wanted to region limit it, but there are always folks who will get around it, so they should just give it up. That's why I never got why they locked it behind a region-locked FB page. Once link for distribution was given it didn't matter. But either way with so many ways to get around it no point in locking it. (Plus you have to have access to a region based 3DS that can even redeem it to begin with.)

This is why region locking everything should just die in a fire. Either that or they should limit it to NN if they're that worried.. or worse come to worse, codes in stores. Rest of us have to put up with that shit.

JoeM86

Next Battle Competition Confirmed

Kanto Classic
CZ3OsyVWEAIjQMC.jpg

Region: International
Registration Period: February 24th 2016 - March 4th 2016
Battle Period: March 4th 2016 - March 6th 2016
Battle Type: Single Battle - All 6 Pokémon
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Kanto Pokédex.
Item Restrictions: No items.
Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew
Entry Gift: Lance's Dragonite

This competition is a Single Battle competition and runs classic rules where you can only use the original 151 Pokémon aside from Mewtwo and Mew and you cannot use items on your Pokémon as well as only using 6 Pokémon. All entrants get a special Dragonite based on Lance's Dragonite from Red/Green/Blue

The Dragonite comes with the move Barrier, which it can't normally have.

I only recently got into these online battle competitions, but I love these kind of restrictions since it makes me want to use Pokémon I never though of using. No items sounds pretty crazy.

Muku

Nice. :) Barrier Dragonite. I can get behind that. Though, will be second Dragonite in less than a year. Felt like last years was kind of pointless, but love the Dragonite card in the set at the time I believe it was celebrating.

No, there's no way.

Thanks - glad they can't start a new game but slightly frustrated that I can't back my save up in case someone gets trigger happy with my game and does stuff!

Oh well gonna keep the ds hidden I think!

Hegarol

Thanks - glad they can't start a new game but slightly frustrated that I can't back my save up in case someone gets trigger happy with my game and does stuff!

Oh well gonna keep the ds hidden I think!
You can backup a save with an ActionReplay 3DS. Its 20 bucks. Very helpful event farming ;)

You can backup a save with an ActionReplay 3DS. Its 20 bucks. Very helpful event farming ;)

Forget the 20 bucks, just use the Homebrew save managers : P

By the way, I almost have your Infernape ready. Just need to pick up 2 more before I get to yours (I'm putting them all in Bank first, before retrieving them all in the end).

Kinokou

Overhaul edit: I hva PGL trouble, but managed to confirm that I actually need to contact support due the mess of having let me register the same Email multiple times. Yay.

I never knew Polemon could be so frustrating ingame. Ruptile Ruby is almost like playing Battle Fronteir for the entire story and I had to resort to trading my old Mons from my sapphire game. 4 badges in, Pokemon in the 60s, opponents as well, which means my Pokemon don't listen to me because of badge restrictions. Combined with the hax? My arceus! I guess what I'm going to have to do is trade my original pokes to sapphire and level them up on there so I don't get the disobedience.

Been building a team all day for this Kanto Classic thing, this meta just sounds way too funny to pass up. I'm mostly concerned it's going to be Clefable City but considering the sheer number of Poison types in Gen 1 and the lack of Leftovers I'm not sure. The chaos when this goes live is going to be great, I didn't even know some of these Pokemon even got certain moves over the years (Primeape can apparently learn Overheat and this was something I considered for much longer than the usual 5 seconds).

Cormano

Im currently 1 Pokémon away to complete the national Pokédex. Does anyone have an extra Articuno I can have or want to trade?

kyo2004

Newsflash... Mew Event has started

Not my photo (appeared on my timeline on FB)
yxnUB2B.jpg

Edit: another IMG (this is the physical card)
CLYkLqfl.jpg

Anyone in US who gets this event that could share a few Mew's with fellows in SA?... In south America we're unable to get this event (and the other 3 GameStop exclusives)... :(

Qurupeke

Kanto Classic
CZ3OsyVWEAIjQMC.jpg

This competition is a Single Battle competition and runs classic rules where you can only use the original 151 Pokémon aside from Mewtwo and Mew and you cannot use items on your Pokémon as well as only using 6 Pokémon. All entrants get a special Dragonite based on Lance's Dragonite from Red/Green/Blue

I'm so in for this.

KarasuEXE

Newsflash... Mew Event has started

Anyone in US who gets this event that could share a few Mew's with fellows in SA?... In south America we're unable to get this event (and the other 3 GameStop exclusives)... :(

Also from South America, if there's someone in the US that could grab some extra codes...

-----------

Ah, also, for that Kanto Classic Battle Competition, I was thinking about what Team to build, I think I'll go with Red's Team just because.

Sandfox

Kanto Classic
CZ3OsyVWEAIjQMC.jpg

The length is kinda depressing(though its normal), but I have a team idea in mind.

Azuran

Banned
I'm embarrassed to say that it took me a while to realize there's no Dark types in Gen I. I was building a team with that in mind -.-

Muku

The Mew codes aren't even supposed to start to Monday. Hope that's the case here because I won't even have time until then to hit a GameStop. Any idea where the person who posted the card lives? Might not be everywhere either. Which is why it's worth noting where the person lives.

Top Bottom