• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ahnez

Early, I know, its just the first day.. But I'm already begging for a NA code

If anyone can :p I'm not in a hurry tho :) the event will last more than 3 weeks after all

Zero_IYAD

If anyone has an extra US Mew code I'll be really thankful.
I'm a doctor on a volunteer mission on the other side of the planet & have no access to the eligible stores.

Muku

Sounds like Washington state just has shit for luck on codes. Seeing someone in another Pokemon community complain he can't find any up here. What's point of not getting these things to stores early so when advertised date starts they have them. I didn't think it'd be so complicated. Checked other GS downtown before leaving just to make sure. Yep, they have none in yet either. Don't bother with Seattle unless you call first. Also last place guy said folks all day have been coming in for it. Don't act surprised dude. Today was start.

Azuran

Banned
I got my Mew card so I can rest easy for now until the next in-store giveaway. I may try to get more codes tomorrow if I have the time.

Nintova

Neo Member
Sounds like Washington state just has shit for luck on codes. Seeing someone in another Pokemon community complain he can't find any up here. What's point of not getting these things to stores early so when advertised date starts they have them. I didn't think it'd be so complicated. Checked other GS downtown before leaving just to make sure. Yep, they have none in yet either. Don't bother with Seattle unless you call first. Also last place guy said folks all day have been coming in for it. Don't act surprised dude. Today was start.

Portland seems to be in the same boat

Muku

Portland seems to be in the same boat

Oh lovely, so PNW in general. :( Still find it hilarious none around here seem to get them, except the Redmond one. And possibly Northgate. Guess up here it's just a crapshoot. Call first before diving head first for Mew.

Azuran

Banned
Oh lovely, so PNW in general. :( Still find it hilarious none around here seem to get them, except the Redmond one. And possibly Northgate. Guess up here it's just a crapshoot. Call first before diving head first for Mew.

Time to head to Vancouver. It's time for Canada to come to the rescue.

StoneFox

I don't even know what nature to reset for on Mew. lol I guess it doesn't really matter given how it's meant to be whatever you want. :p

Muku

Time to head to Vancouver. It's time for Canada to come to the rescue.

LOL bit of a drive for that. Plus the quizzing at border is just ugh. I'm not going to do anything crazy in your country. Went up there in Oct. First time to Vancouver and first time in Canada since the passport ruling. Feel like a criminal just to go visit up there now. Don't remember as a kid getting a crazy quiz shake down to get into Niagra Falls side of Canada. o_O Coming back US dude was like yeah that's cool got anything illegal? No? Cool welcome back.

tiijj

LOL bit of a drive for that. Plus the quizzing at border is just ugh. I'm not going to do anything crazy in your country. Went up there in Oct. First time to Vancouver and first time in Canada since the passport ruling. Feel like a criminal just to go visit up there now. Don't remember as a kid getting a crazy quiz shake down to get into Niagra Falls side of Canada. o_O Coming back US dude was like yeah that's cool got anything illegal? No? Cool welcome back.

Same experience except I'm Canadian. Entering the US, they asked a couple of questions and after answering it "welcome! enjoy your stay!". Coming back to Canada... I get all the crazy quiz and shake down too. After answering all the q's and telling them the entire story of what I did in the US, the guy was looking at me as if I just killed a man. In my experience don't cross the rainbow bridge, the lewiston-queenston bridge's much much better, none of those crazy questions.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone have any spare EU/PAL Hoopa codes or legit Hoopa they're willing to part with? Couldn't get one during the promo. I have a Year of the Monkey Infernape I can trade.

Muku

Same experience except I'm Canadian. Entering the US, they asked a couple of questions and after answering it "welcome! enjoy your stay!". Coming back to Canada... I get all the crazy quiz and shake down too. After answering all the q's and telling them the entire story of what I did in the US, the guy was looking at me as if I just killed a man. In my experience don't cross the rainbow bridge, the lewiston-queenston bridge's much much better, none of those crazy questions.

Ahhh. Good to know it's yalls border guys that are eyeing you like you're bringing in humans slaves in or something. :(
Said that as a joke, then just remembered they did have us pop trunk to look into sooo.. :/
US guys were so chill. Far cry from what I have gone through for years of immigration of going back and forth between the US and Japan. (The US guys were always more crazy with questions. Japanese were like yeah, that's cool welcome back.)

Just crazy stuff.

lupinko

I didn't know you were from Western Washington, since I'm from BC it explains why we make a good PokePalDuo.

PM'd.

What are your rates for EU codes?

I'll get back to you on that but I'll hook you up because PokeGAF and all that jazz.

Muku

I didn't know you were from Western Washington, since I'm from BC it explains why we make a good PokePalDuo.

Not originally. :) I lived up here in early 2000s though for a short stint. Loved it enough to come back here to call it home. I feel like it's home here versus where I grew up. I love the PNW. :D

And it lets me be closer to where I called home for the longest time should I want to go back and visit <3

entremet

Finally got a Mew. It's only been 19 years!

I always wanted a legit one.

@Muku, if you can't get one, I'll see if I can get you a code since you've been so generous with PokeGAF.

Muku

Finally got a Mew. It's only been 19 years!

I always wanted a legit one.

@Muku, if you can't get one, I'll see if I can get you a code since you've been so generous with PokeGAF.

I actually got one on Sunday. At apparently one of the only freaking GS's in this area that had them. Maybe even for most of this state. >_> I called Sunday to see and talked to assistant manager. She said they were giving them out so I went in to claim. By time I went in she was gone and lady was trying to give me shit until I told her I talked to the lady, and because that was assistant manager (didn't find out until this talk with lady at counter), she had to honor it. XD So my Mew is 1/31/2016 date on it. :) Thank you though! :D I do say if you get any extras to help some else here. :) I have an extra but waiting on reply tomorrow from person. If they don't need it will toss it up for grabs.

Thinking next weekend (well, my weekend) of trying to see if I can try again to get extras. I know we have quite a few folks here who would like them. Just sad I can't help folks today.

Azuran

Banned
It feels so damn good to finally have a legit Mew after 17 years of playing this series.

I really can't wait for May so I can finally start getting everything else I'm missing.

Muku

It feels so damn good to finally have a legit Mew after 17 years of playing this series.

I really can't wait for May so I can finally start getting everything else I'm missing.

Right? Felt so rewarding picking my Mew up. One that I actually got. :) Replaced my Mew in my living dex. (Mew there is legit, just not one I got. So it went to the event box.) Unfortunately I have to wait until Dec for my other one. ;_; But it's all good.

May is Darkrai, right? So glad I got mine in 2014. Japan <3

Azuran

Banned
Right? Felt so rewarding picking my Mew up. One that I actually got. :) Replaced my Mew in my living dex. (Mew there is legit, just not one I got. So it went to the event box.) Unfortunately I have to wait until Dec for my other one. ;_; But it's all good.

May is Darkrai, right? So glad I got mine in 2014. Japan <3

Yup. The best part is that my birthday is in May and Darkrai is my favorite event Pokemon. All the stars are aligning for me!

Having to wait so long for Meloetta sucks but hey, you can see it as saving the best for last :p

Muku

Yup. The best part is that my birthday is in May and Darkrai is my favorite event Pokemon. All the stars are aligning for me!

Having to wait so long for Meloetta sucks but hey, you can see it as saving the best for last :p

Awesome! :D It is a great year, no doubt. My birth month has Shaymin. I fell in love with Shaymin while farming them for scrap campaign last year so I'm glad to have it in my month. <3

Haha that's true. But this whole year is great. Waiting for Meloetta will be easy with getting legendaries that are blue pentagon. That's the best part about all this. Blue pentagon for my living dex. My current events in there will just go in my event box.

entremet

I actually got one on Sunday. At apparently one of the only freaking GS's in this area that had them. Maybe even for most of this state. >_> I called Sunday to see and talked to assistant manager. She said they were giving them out so I went in to claim. By time I went in she was gone and lady was trying to give me shit until I told her I talked to the lady, and because that was assistant manager (didn't find out until this talk with lady at counter), she had to honor it. XD So my Mew is 1/31/2016 date on it. :) Thank you though! :D I do say if you get any extras to help some else here. :) I have an extra but waiting on reply tomorrow from person. If they don't need it will toss it up for grabs.

Thinking next weekend (well, my weekend) of trying to see if I can try again to get extras. I know we have quite a few folks here who would like them. Just sad I can't help folks today.

I already gave one out in the main Gaming forum thread. I'm trying to give them out to people with no access to GameStops at all just to be as fair as possible.

Muku

I already gave one out in the main Gaming forum thread. I'm trying to give them out to people with no access to GameStops at all just to be as fair as possible.

I hear ya. :) Same here. I extended the offer to someone who doesn't have access to it, but I think folks here are pretty good about that. Asking if they really can't get to the place due to distance, unavailability to (because they live outside of country), or whatever.

Edit: Is there any truth to this? I've never heard this before, but was posted in a Pokemon community I'm part of on FB:

I just wanted to let everyone know, since there's a lot of sad people during this Mew giveaway, if you do not live near a store supplying the codes, you are able to call Nintendo customer support and they will happily give you ONE code. Do try and specify which country you live in, as I'm still not sure if they're region locked. Hope this helps a few people!

The call part, not the region lock, because the code would be region locked. Should note this was posted by someone in Australia, if that matters. Because maybe it's an Aussie thing?

lupinko

Not originally. :) I lived up here in early 2000s though for a short stint. Loved it enough to come back here to call it home. I feel like it's home here versus where I grew up. I love the PNW. :D

And it lets me be closer to where I called home for the longest time should I want to go back and visit <3

I wasn't originally from the PNW either. :O

Muku

I wasn't originally from the PNW either. :O

:O That makes it even better haha.

Edit: Can you take the event Mew to the move relearner to learn the old moves it would have learned on way up to 100? Meant to check when I had it in-game yesterday.

I'll get back to you on that but I'll hook you up because PokeGAF and all that jazz.
Doesn't matter. They're all gone already. Never seen such demand for an event, got some amazing deals.

You happen to have any more? :/
I hate to beg and I was really prepared to drive 260 km to the nearest store for codes for me and the SO, but nope. Sweden gets nothing yet D:
Sorry, none left.

MarkusRJR

Are you able to Soft Reset a mystery gift Pokémon? I want to get a good IV and good natured Mew if I can. Would modest be a good nature for a Mew, and is there a simple IV calculator out there? I've never really been into IVs or even EVs (until X & Y added super training) but I want to have an awesome Mew since I have such a strong nostalgia for the Pokémon.

Muku

Are you able to Soft Reset a mystery gift Pokémon? I want to get a good IV and good natured Mew if I can. Would modest be a good nature for a Mew, and is there a simple IV calculator out there? I've never really been into IVs or even EVs (until X & Y added super training) but I want to have an awesome Mew since I have such a strong nostalgia for the Pokémon.

You can soft reset. I tend to save standing right in front of PC lady so it's quicker. Modest would be fine. I actually thought about Modest on mine. Then I just went with the Mild 26/31/31/31/31/31 that came up. Mainly because it was going into living dex so didn't matter so much to me.

You can Google IV calculators. Serebii has one, I use MetalKid's one. I just Googled searched for one in very beginning. I used a few before figuring out which I liked. Though tempting to swap as MK's has issues.

Robin64

Pokémon Bank is a little godsend. Wanted to start a totally fresh AS run, no outside influence at all, and bam, just store my 'mon in the Bank and do so. Sooo much nicer than before. And to think, people moaned about a fiver a year subscription..

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You know what? Screw this Mew event if anyone wants a Mew but never had one I will be passing Mews this weekend in this very OT.

The only thing you should know is that they will be clones of the MYSTRY Mew that I myself obtained back in 2006 from Toys "R" Us but if that doesn't bother you feel free aak for one from me.

Zero_IYAD

You know what? Screw this Mew event if anyone wants a Mew but never had one I will be passing Mews this weekend in this very OT.

The only thing you should know is that they will be clones of the MYSTRY Mew that I myself obtained back in 2006 from Toys "R" Us but if that doesn't bother you feel free aak for one from me.
Would love to grab one : )

Ahnez

You can soft reset. I tend to save standing right in front of PC lady so it's quicker. Modest would be fine. I actually thought about Modest on mine. Then I just went with the Mild 26/31/31/31/31/31 that came up. Mainly because it was going into living dex so didn't matter so much to me.

You can Google IV calculators. Serebii has one, I use MetalKid's one. I just Googled searched for one in very beginning. I used a few before figuring out which I liked. Though tempting to swap as MK's has issues.

About IVs, all of Mew's base stats are exactly 100, so, at level 100 every stat except HP will be between 205 (0) and 236 (31)

HP will be between 310 (0) and 341 (31)

You might notice, the difference between max HP and min HP is 31, and between max stat and min stat is also 31.

So, you don't even need a calculator, if you know those numbers.

HP IV is exactly MaxHP - 310

And every other IV will be STAT - 205

#pokemath

backlot

I was wondering if the hp affects the stat.

ie.
If HP is 341 then stat is at 205.
If HP is 310 then stat is at 236

No, a Pokemon's hit points don't affect its other stats. Generally you want to aim for as high as possible for every stat including HP.

Ahnez

I was wondering if the hp affects the stat.

ie.
If HP is 341 then stat is at 205.
If HP is 310 then stat is at 236

No, each stat is independent

This is what those "31/31/31/31/31/31" things we talk about in this thread means

Each number is an IV, in the following order: HP / Attack / Defense / Special Attack / Special Defense / Speed

HP calculation is different from the other stats, thats why even with the same base stat, it has different limits

As an example, a 0/31/12/20/25/28 Mew will have, at level 100, 310 HP, 236 Atk, 217 Def, 225 S.Atk, 230 S.Def and 233 Speed

edit: BTW, this IV distribution I came up with is impossible in Gen 6 games, as legendaries always have 3 IVs maxed by default

tiijj

oh ok, I've never done the whole perfect IV thing since it's kinda tedious but for mew, I'll probably do the soft reset lol

Robin64

Heh, Pokémon Bank makes the whole thing of picking a starter totally meaningless. Can just pick one, upload it, reset.. repeat until you have all three.

aceloop

Neo Member
Heh, Pokémon Bank makes the whole thing of picking a starter totally meaningless. Can just pick one, upload it, reset.. repeat until you have all three.

you know in the past ive done that with other Pokemon games... gen 4 when I done that. cause i had one pearl, two diamond (which one was given by my cousin) and plat.... i done that where i got the starters in one diamond game.

to this day was one of the best play though i played and one of the longest in hours i have.

maybe I should do that wIth ORAS too.

When Gen 1 came out, a classmate told me "you can get all 3 starters!"

I was like "how???" and he was like "trade them to another game and then trade back!"

I was unimpressed.

Top Bottom