• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

You know what? Screw this Mew event if anyone wants a Mew but never had one I will be passing Mews this weekend in this very OT.

The only thing you should know is that they will be clones of the MYSTRY Mew that I myself obtained back in 2006 from Toys "R" Us but if that doesn't bother you feel free aak for one from me.

Send us one if you can. Not really bothered if the thing is genuine or not at this point.

gosox333

You know what? Screw this Mew event if anyone wants a Mew but never had one I will be passing Mews this weekend in this very OT.

The only thing you should know is that they will be clones of the MYSTRY Mew that I myself obtained back in 2006 from Toys "R" Us but if that doesn't bother you feel free aak for one from me.

I have sent you a PM kind person

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

My gamestop immediately ran out, lol.

Don't care about clones, thanks much for doing this!

entremet

When Gen 1 came out, a classmate told me "you can get all 3 starters!"

I was like "how???" and he was like "trade them to another game and then trade back!"

I was unimpressed.

Then Yellow came out and made all of that useless. Well Pokemon Stadium was great for storing Gen I/II Pokemon too.

Muku

About IVs, all of Mew's base stats are exactly 100, so, at level 100 every stat except HP will be between 205 (0) and 236 (31)

HP will be between 310 (0) and 341 (31)

You might notice, the difference between max HP and min HP is 31, and between max stat and min stat is also 31.

So, you don't even need a calculator, if you know those numbers.

HP IV is exactly MaxHP - 310

And every other IV will be STAT - 205

#pokemath

Yeah, I know Mew is one of the easy ones. Unfortunately when I did it Sunday it was late by time I got around to it. Early morning or late night, math does not compute. ;)

Robin64

If you guys are okay with clones, I've copied my Mew from this event a few times. Let me know if you want one.

It's Modest with 31/31/20/31/18/28. I have no idea if that's good or not, sorry, I don't battle.

Edit: I'm an idiot, apparently I can't trade it. Doh.

exhume

I'm really revolted by the number of Mew code cards popping up on Ebay right now.

Meanwhile, it's the third day of the distro here in Australia and it still doesn't seem like any stores around me have received their cards yet, or the Mew plushie. XD

kyo2004

Hmmm... seems like TPCi are in considerations to ban Dark Void in VGC2016... according to this site

http://esports-runner.com/pokemon-double/147704-2/

And this response from AlphaZealot on NB...

http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry...oid-in-vgc-2016/?do=findComment&comment=19758
tJ50mAe.jpg

StoneFox

So I usually don't bother with Showdown but decided to play around with a dumb idea for a Doubles lead.

Emolga
Timid, Max Speed, Max HP, 4 EV Sp. Attack, Focus Sash
Taunt
Nuzzle
Air Slash
Protect

Tauros (Because why not)
Jolly, Max Speed, Max Attack, 4 EVs HP, Expert Belt (Life Orb was taken)
Rock Slide
Protect
other moves don't matter lel

So many rage quits. xP I was being an RNG jerk but it was kinda hilarious at the same time.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oh right Pokemon Bank isn't free...sigh *renews subscription*

OK I haven't touched Pokemon since the first Diancie event so I giving away a few Mews RIGHT NOW to test my network setup.

Here's my FC: 0216 - 0798 - 4241

Just PM your FC and I will see you online.

Will be here for around 70 minutes.

Muku

I'm really revolted by the number of Mew code cards popping up on Ebay right now.

Meanwhile, it's the third day of the distro here in Australia and it still doesn't seem like any stores around me have received their cards yet, or the Mew plushie. XD

Sad part is the three GameStops I have been too, none have had the plushies. ;_; They had other Pokemon stuff which is weird. Was a Pukachu backpack at one of them I wanted. x_x But do I really NEEd another backpack? >_>

Edit: Have a Mew code available to someone with US 3DS who doesNOT have access to one. Code not yet scratched off card but will do that as I am about to give whomever the number. Taken.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
When Gen 1 came out, a classmate told me "you can get all 3 starters!"

I was like "how???" and he was like "trade them to another game and then trade back!"

I was unimpressed.
I did this with a GAFfer when XY were released. I'm glad I did, as that allowed me to (unintentionally) get my shiny Fennekin, which I got on my last reset.

kyo2004

Edit: Have a Mew code available to someone with US 3DS who doesNOT have access to one. Code not yet scratched off card but will do that as I am about to give whomever the number.

What number?... xD... If is a giveaway... I'm in... xD...
I live in Bogotá (Colombia)... so pretty much 0 chances of getting any GameStop events this year... :(...

Muku

What number?... xD... If is a giveaway... I'm in... xD...
I live in Bogotá (Colombia)... so pretty much 0 chances of getting any GameStop events this year... :(...

Well, fortunately it's your lucky day as you have it now. :) Congrats!

MarkusRJR

So I kind of want to try the Kanto Classic, but only because of the free Dragonite they're giving out. The problem is, I don't really know how the Pokemon Tournament system works. Do I need to win 3 battles, or will I still get the Dragonite even if I lose 3 battles? Or will I just get knocked out of the competition after 1 loss?

Never really played Pokemon that competitively so this is a little daunting.

Hegarol

So I kind of want to try the Kanto Classic, but only because of the free Dragonite they're giving out. The problem is, I don't really know how the Pokemon Tournament system works. Do I need to win 3 battles, or will I still get the Dragonite even if I lose 3 battles? Or will I just get knocked out of the competition after 1 loss?

You just need 3 battles. You can even forfeit every single one. No need to win anything.

Right, I can't get my hands on a Mew, so if anyone has a spare code they don't need I'm willing to take it off their hands.

That said, I already have a Mew stored away in my Pokébank somewhere, so I'm in no particular rush and would rather see someone who doesn't own one yet get it.

backlot

These tournaments work on a scoring system. If you win, your score goes up and if you lose, your score goes down. After the tournament ends, the people with the highest scores are listed on the Pokemon website. There's usually a maximum number of battles you can participate in (past tournaments have had a 30 battle cap) but you only need to play three battles to get the Dragonite. It's a participation prize so it doesn't matter if you win or lose your battles or what your final score is.

Muku

Free Mew

So, I got a code for another Mew. Problem was it was something someone threw up on the internet so had to claim it myself rather than give it out here due to all who could see it. However, it does mean I have a Mew I can redeem for someone. :) If you would like it, let me know. (Can also get a specific nature if you'd like.) First come, first serve. Just let me know if you want specific nature or not so I can claim it for you. Will be going to work in an hour, so may not be able to do claiming/giving until this evening. Also, let me know if you need/want photo of WC, as I will delete it later since it's on a game with very few slots left.

Qurupeke

Free Mew

So, I got a code for another Mew. Problem was it was something someone threw up on the internet so had to claim it myself rather than give it out here due to all who could see it. However, it does mean I have a Mew I can redeem for someone. :) If you would like it, let me know. (Can also get a specific nature if you'd like.) First come, first serve. Just let me know if you want specific nature or not so I can claim it for you. Will be going to work in an hour, so may not be able to do claiming/giving until this evening. Also, let me know if you need/want photo of WC, as I will delete it later since it's on a game with very few slots left.
Is it EU? If so, I want it. Else ignore this.

Muku

Is it EU? If so, I want it. Else ignore this.

It's US. But since I had to use the code to beat the rest of the internet, it means you won't have to claim it. Would prefer to give it to someone who doesn't have access to Mew otherwise/

entremet

Free Mew

How do Wondercards work? I'm sure with this years promotions we're all gonna run out.

Qurupeke

It's US. But since I had to use the code to beat the rest of the internet, it means you won't have to claim it. Would prefer to give it to someone who doesn't have access to Mew otherwise/

Nevermind, I didn't read your post, i'm after the code anyway.

Muku

How do Wondercards work? I'm sure with this years promotions we're all gonna run out.

You get 24 Wondercard slots. It is basically the card to show you redeemed it. Though if I recall right you can delete it but still not redeem the same event. Only way to reset is start a new game completely. My problem is my games suffer from the awesome Japanese events when I lived there. XD So a lot of my WC slots are taken up and they're too precious to remove.

I doubt most folks will run out this year, as I don't think US has had that many events. Though I guess with the HA trios last year (?) + battle comp ones + this year it can get out of hand.

entremet

You get 24 Wondercard slots. It is basically the card to show you redeemed it. Though if I recall right you can delete it but still not redeem the same event. Only way to reset is start a new game completely. My problem is my games suffer from the awesome Japanese events when I lived there. XD So a lot of my WC slots are taken up and they're too precious to remove.

I doubt most folks will run out this year, as I don't think US has had that many events. Though I guess with the HA trios last year (?) + battle comp ones + this year it can get out of hand.

Oh 24 should be enough! I thought it was less than that.

So it's like a receipt to make sure it's official?

Muku

Oh 24 should be enough! I thought it was less than that.

Pretty much. :) It's to show you when you got it and that you got it. Kind of like your bragging card, haha. For me it's a great way to see what I got where, especially on older games. (Since transferring up you lose obtain dates.)

That was the intention but there are ways to inject wondercards that are indistinguishable from legitimate ones. The only current way to prove legitimacy is to take pictures or video of the redemption process inside Mystery Gift while the event is being downloaded. (Although even that can't prove that a Pokémon isn't cloned.)

Muku

That was the intention but there are ways to inject wondercards that are indistinguishable from legitimate ones. The only current way to prove legitimacy is to take pictures or video of the redemption process inside Mystery Gift while the event is being downloaded. (Although even that can't prove that a Pokémon isn't cloned.)

I thought Powersavers could only recreate event Pokemon on the first day of said event. Has that changed?

I thought Powersavers could only recreate event Pokemon on the first day of said event. Has that changed?
About a year or more ago a site called Project Pokémon released an application which allows you to edit the date on any .wc6 file.

Of course PowerSaves doesn't offer the ability to get wondercards as .wc6 files but the same site also extracts and publicly posts .wc6 files of a large majority of events. These cards are indistinguishable from legitimate ones and the application allows you to change the date on the .wc6 files.

What this means is that as long as you have homebrew on your 3DS you can inject events that are completely indistinguishable from legitimate ones with absolutely any date. The only flaw to this is that the injection means that wonder cards aren't downloaded and such taking pictures or video of the download screen proves you didn't obtain events in this way.

As I said earlier in this thread, contrary to popular opinion hacking has actually progressed as far in Gen 6 as it had in Gen 4/5 with the sole exception being that the RNG hasn't been cracked.

Muku

About a year or more ago a site called Project Pokémon released an application which allows you to edit the date on any .wc6 file.

Of course PowerSaves doesn't offer the ability to get wondercards as .wc6 files but the same site also extracts and publicly posts .wc6 files of a large majority of events. These cards are indistinguishable from legitimate ones and the application allows you to change the date on the .wc6 files.

What this means is that as long as you have homebrew on your 3DS you can inject events that are completely indistinguishable from legitimate ones with absolutely any date. The only flaw to this is that the injection means that wonder cards aren't downloaded and such taking pictures or video of the download screen proves you didn't obtain events in this way.

As I said earlier in this thread, contrary to popular opinion hacking has actually progressed as far in Gen 6 as it had in Gen 4/5 with the sole exception being that the RNG hasn't been cracked.

Interesting. Don't recall hearing about that, but in all honesty I don't keep up with that scene anyway. Prefer to keep it legit. That's why I tend to really only trade with friends I know or GAF here.

I know I could say ruins fun, but then others would interject it is fun for them. But I find the real fun being at the actual events. Think the best one I've ever gone through was the Outbreakchu in 2014. That was really fun.
And hot during that time.
But to each his own I suppose.

Top Bottom