• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Interesting. Don't recall hearing about that, but in all honesty I don't keep up with that scene anyway. Prefer to keep it legit. That's why I tend to really only trade with friends I know or GAF here.

I know I could say ruins fun, but then others would interject it is fun for them. But I find the real fun being at the actual events. Think the best one I've ever gone through was the Outbreakchu in 2014. That was really fun.
And hot during that time.
But to each his own I suppose.

Do you live in Japan then? In the UK the actual events aren't that fun themselves (apart from the once a year VGC event), just go up to the counter and ask for codes or download the event from home. The collector in me finds negotiating for getting codes and events very fun though.

I also only get Legit non-cloned events (mostly through Reddit) nowadays (I did used to accept clones, though not hacks, in previous gens). I also limit myself to self-redeeming all code events just to be sure with them.

Robin64

Yeah, actual events were great, but counter codes are really boring and just irritating really.

The best Pokémon I ever got a was a shiny Eevee, purely because I got to hang out a fairly big Pokémon event in Birmingham. (VGC, I think?)

Yeah, actual events were great, but counter codes are really boring and just irritating really.

The best Pokémon I ever got a was a shiny Eevee, purely because I got to hang out a fairly big Pokémon event in Birmingham. (VGC, I think?)

Sounds like it. Jealous : P

Yeah, counter codes aren't that exciting, but at least they're fairly easy. Also codes are handy since you can them for a rainy day.

Firestorm

That was Nationals a few years back yeah.

Muku

Do you live in Japan then? In the UK the actual events aren't that fun themselves (apart from the once a year VGC event), just go up to the counter and ask for codes or download the event from home. The collector in me finds negotiating for getting codes and events very fun though.

I also only get Legit non-cloned events (mostly through Reddit) nowadays (I did used to accept clones, though not hacks, in previous gens). I also limit myself to self-redeeming all code events just to be sure with them.

I did until early last year. For 7 1/2 years or so. That's why I said the Yokohama one was fun. Wandered around and felt like Inwas at least hunting them down like a real trainer, haha. Made sure to even get the like twice a day one too. Brought me to some parts of Yokohama I hadn't really wandered around either so it was fun. Last event I got there was the shiny Rayquaza at last years World Hobby Fair. Farmed a few for trade as well while there. Was my last event hurrah before I left a month later.

Still have the Mew I can redeem if anyone is interested in it, just let me know. Also state if you would like specific nature and/or photo of the WC.

Edit: I take it that these legendaries will be shiny locked, correct?

entremet

I did until early last year. For 7 1/2 years or so. That's why I said the Yokohama one was fun. Wandered around and felt like Inwas at least hunting them down like a real trainer, haha. Made sure to even get the like twice a day one too. Brought me to some parts of Yokohama I hadn't really wandered around either so it was fun. Last event I got there was the shiny Rayquaza at last years World Hobby Fair. Farmed a few for trade as well while there. Was my last event hurrah before I left a month later.

Still have the Mew I can redeem if anyone is interested in it, just let me know. Also state if you would like specific nature and/or photo of the WC.

Edit: I take it that these legendaries will be shiny locked, correct?

Yes. They're shiny locked.

Muku

Do you guys just walk in and grab a code and then just leave?

Yep. Because the GS didn't even have Pokemon plushies. Which would have been the main draw for me to go in there anyway. Keep seeing folks saying they're buying (and posting pictures) of Mew and Pikachu plushies, but none of the ones I've been to here at the time had them. :|

WPS

Can someone tell me what the "ideal" nature for Mew is? Got 2 of these buggers to get.

Depends on what you want it to do really. Mew's gimmick is that anything it can do, someone else can do better but you've absolutely no idea what it is that it does. It can nearly any boosting set, offensively or for baton pass, act as a bulky support mon or mess around with transform in doubles.

For the record, Smogon recommends Calm or Careful for singles (+SpD, - Att/SpA) and Jolly for Doubles (+Speed, - Att) but you're probably fine with anything that raises anything at the cost of one of its attacking stats.

lupinko

Can someone tell me what the "ideal" nature for Mew is? Got 2 of these buggers to get.

Mew can do pretty much anything, so anything but gentle/lax or any neutral.

Edit: but most of Mew's best options are locked away in previous gens, like its XD move tutor for example.

Faenix1

What would you guys recommend it be used for? Cause I honestly have no idea. I dislike these "Can be anything" situations cause I know I'll screw it up lol

Should I go with the Smogon recommendations? Calm/Careful and a Jolly

lupinko

What would you guys recommend it be used for? Cause I honestly have no idea. I dislike these "Can be anything" situations cause I know I'll screw it up lol

Should I go with the Smogon recommendations? Calm/Careful and a Jolly

If you play singles a baton passer for example.

Muku

I'll keep an eye on the OT.
Please p.m. if you get an extra one.
Thanks in advance : )

What region are you looking for?

Managed to get a few. None wanted to give me enough for my games sadly, so the haul isn't as big as I'd have liked. One was almost out so I can understand, other just said "so others can get a chance." Didn't but wanted to tell him these were all being given out anyway. :p Will do give away post here later when I get home, as waiting on a response or two for a couple of them.

Zero_IYAD

What region are you looking for?

Managed to get a few. None wanted to give me enough for my games sadly, so the haul isn't as big as I'd have liked. One was almost out so I can understand, other just said "so others can get a chance." Didn't but wanted to tell him these were all being given out anyway. :p Will do give away post here later when I get home, as waiting on a response or two for a couple of them.
NA.

Got my Mew code last Saturday but only just got to resetting.

Its versatility definitely causes some trouble when deciding on a nature, but I decided on Calm. Decent IVs for everything except HP unfortunately. Only 5 more to go

Muku

So I managed to get four Mew codes this afternoon.

1st - lupinko
2nd - Zero_IYAD
3rd -
4th -

There are two left that I have right now. These are NA codes. If you do not have access to a GameStop and do not yet have a Mew code but would like one, let me know.

Zero_IYAD

1st - on hold for the moment
2nd - Zero_IYAD
3rd -
4th -

There are two left that I have right now. These are NA codes. If you do not have access to a GameStop and do not yet have a Mew code but would like one, let me know.
Thanks again :")

We are talking about the Mew with the pentagon, right? I haven't played Alpha Sapphire in ages but it would be nice to have one. However, it is your choice. I'm guessing this Mew would be the first legitimate Mew with a pentagon.

Edit: Should probably say I'm new here....

Muku

We are talking about the Mew with the pentagon, right? I haven't played Alpha Sapphire in ages but it would be nice to have one. However, it is your choice. I'm guessing this Mew would be the first legitimate Mew with a pentagon.

Edit: Should probably say I'm new here....

Welcome. :) It does indeed have the blue pentagon and is first with it. Do you not have a GameStop near you to get one?

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are ya? I know we have a lot of South American folks here seeking them, so just curious. :)

I'm in Canada but I don't have a eb games close to me. I think that's the equivalent of GS, not sure. Up to you if you want to give me a code or not though. I realise I just barged in here without taking into account if people want them, haha.

Muku

I'm in Canada but I don't have a eb games close to me. I think that's the equivalent of GS, not sure. Up to you if you want to give me a code or not though. I realise I just barged in here without taking into account if people want them, haha.

Yeah, EB Games is GameStop. Ugh. Still mourn the loss of EB Games. It's all good. I'd prefer to give it to someone who is going to play and enjoy it. I know you've said you haven't played in a long time.

Yeah, EB Games is GameStop. Ugh. Still mourn the loss of EB Games. It's all good. I'd prefer to give it to someone who is going to play and enjoy it. I know you've said you haven't played in a long time.

Oh yeah, no problem at all. I can probably get one off serebii forums. I just so happened to be new here and saw this thread, xP Thanks anyway though man.

Ecto311

Checked around and searched but if I am playing x/y and my kid and wife are on the ORAS games can I fight them in matches between the games or do we all need the same game generations?

Robin64

Checked around and searched but if I am playing x/y and my kid and wife are on the ORAS games can I fight them in matches between the games or do we all need the same game generations?

You can indeed battle (and trade) across those games. ORAS and XY are actually the same generation.

WPS

You do need the same generations, but like Robin64 said XY and ORAS are same generation.

The ORAS user can't use ORAS exclusive megas (except Mega Latias/os, they're fine), forms or moves though. The error messages explaining this aren't particularly clear, so if it doesn't work then this is probably your problem.

Ecto311

You can indeed battle (and trade) across those games. ORAS and XY are actually the same generation.

You do need the same generations, but like Robin64 said XY and ORAS are same generation.

The ORAS user can't use ORAS exclusive megas (except Mega Latias/os, they're fine), forms or moves though. The error messages explaining this aren't particularly clear, so if it doesn't work then this is probably your problem.

Cool just didn't want to get too involved in the Y game when I should have just swapped it for Omega to start with. Google makes Omega sound good for my kid she's 6 and Y seems alright for dad here.

Muku

Edited list. Only one more Mew code left.

1st - lupinko
2nd - Zero_IYAD
3rd - RionaaM
4th -

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Edited list. Only one more Mew code left.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

Got a Gentle nature, don't know if I should reset for a different one or keep this one. After all, I don't think I'm going to be using mythicals to battle with my friends.

EDIT: just saw the discussions about it a few posts above, going to reset for a better nature.

EDIT: just saw the discussions about it a few posts above, going to reset for a better nature.

Gentle is terrible for Mew, and in general you shouldn't look at negative defense natures at all. You want a plus speed nature like Timid or Jolly. Modest/Adamant work well also considering Mew can fulfill any role. Mew is so versatile.

WPS

Out of curiosity, with all the people resetting for good natured Mew, do you plan on actually using them or do you just want one as a trophy?

I reset for and trained both my Mew, but I probably won't use them unless we get another PBR/stadium game. I kind of hope we get one soon.

Azuran

Banned
Out of curiosity, with all the people resetting for good natured Mew, do you plan on actually using them or do you just want one as a trophy?

I reset for and trained both my Mew, but I probably won't use them unless we get another PBR/stadium game. I kind of hope we get one soon.

I'm keeping mine as a trophy so I ddn't even bother to reset even once. It just feels wrong using these Pokemon for battling. They're also banned from rating battles and Battle Maison so no point in wasting time for it.

I did get a Timid Mew on my first try with 4 perfect IVs so someone loves one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Gentle is terrible for Mew, and in general you shouldn't look at negative defense natures at all. You want a plus speed nature like Timid or Jolly. Modest/Adamant work well also considering Mew can fulfill any role. Mew is so versatile.
Thanks! I should really start learning about the metagame and all that stuff.

I'm keeping mine as a trophy so I ddn't even bother to reset even once. It just feels wrong using these Pokemon for battling. They're also banned from rating battles and Battle Maison so no point in wasting time for it.

I did get a Timid Mew on my first try with 4 perfect IVs so someone loves one.
Lucky you! My RNG luck has been bad lately, I've been resetting since last week for a shiny Ho-Oh in OR, and still going. Went through all 6 Rocky movies, some AVGN episodes and David Gilmour's latest album, and it hasn't appeared yet...

entremet

Nah. Just for Living Dex completion. I put it up on Pokebank as soon as I got it.

Muku

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

Got a Gentle nature, don't know if I should reset for a different one or keep this one. After all, I don't think I'm going to be using mythicals to battle with my friends.

You are most welcome. Just seeing you really happy about it makes me feel good. :) That's why I get extra codes. To make folks here without access happy. :)

Any chance you can add me on this list? :)

Will be sending you a PM momentarily.

Top Bottom