• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
Thanks! I should really start learning about the metagame and all that stuff.

I have to point out that negative defense natures do have some uses from time to time. They're pretty much you're only choice if you want to raise a mixed attacker without sacrificing speed.

Lucky you! My RNG luck has been bad lately, I've been resetting since last week for a shiny Ho-Oh in OR, and still going. Went through all 6 Rocky movies, some AVGN episodes and David Gilmour's latest album, and it hasn't appeared yet...

That's rough D: Cases like this is the reason why I could never soft reset for shiny Pokemon. I would probably go insane after 3 days without results.

I wish you good luck!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to point out that negative defense natures do have some uses from time to time. They're pretty much you're only choice if you want to raise a mixed attacker without sacrificing speed.
Good to know. You should probably go with the negative defense that is less strong against your mon, right? I mean, if you're weak to psychic, then it seems wise to go with -Def instead of -SpDef, I suppose.

Azuran said:
That's rough D: Cases like this is the reason why I could never soft reset for shiny Pokemon. I would probably go insane after 3 days without results.

I wish you good luck!
Thanks! I did it for my Lugia, got it in about 630 resets; I also got lucky with breeding a shiny Eevee in 62 eggs without the Shiny Charm (I did use a foreign Ditto for the Masuda Method). I'm not counting the resets for Ho-Oh, but it's probably way past that. I don't care, I'm going to get it no matter how long it takes, or how many more movies I need to watch!

Macka

Yay, I'm playing through Alpha Saphire and have been stuck trying to get a good Latias for a few days. Just got myself a Bold Mischievous one with at least 30 in everything except Attack. Glad I can get back to the main game. :)

Edit: Just IV checked:

Latias - #380 (Bold)
HP: 31
Att: 1, 3
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Latias - #380 (Bold) : 31 / 1, 3 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon
Low attack too! Pretty damn awesome.

Azuran

Banned
Good to know. You should probably go with the negative defense that is less strong against your mon, right? I mean, if you're weak to psychic, then it seems wise to go with -Def instead of -SpDef, I suppose.

It depends on the actual Pokemon of course, but if they have similar def stats, most people generallly go for Naive since physical attackers tends to be more powerful and common than special attackers.

Junahu

That can really vary, but it is usually best to shore up a Pokemon's weakest defense, because that's the one that opponents will want to hit the most.
There are a few Psychic moves that are physical, and a couple that are special but hit the opponent's Defense. So you can't always look at your pokemon's type weakness to determine which stat to favour.

You also have to consider what practical difference the extra stat points make. If you invest in Sp.D, and it turns out that the opponent kills you in the same number of attacks, then it might be better to favour the other stat instead.

Tomita

Any chance anyone has a spare Hoopa? I missed the event and decided I wouldn't care, but with the current legendary distribution now the lack of Hoopa is bugging me, haha.

There is a chance I could snatch a spare Gamestop Mew code but not right now. Otherwise I'd have to dig something up from my DS games to find something worthy to trade for. Sorry for those lacking Mews right now ):

Muku

Any chance anyone has a spare Hoopa? I missed the event and decided I wouldn't care, but with the current legendary distribution now the lack of Hoopa is bugging me, haha.

There is a chance I could snatch a spare Gamestop Mew code but not right now. Otherwise I'd have to dig something up from my DS games to find something worthy to trade for. Sorry for those lacking Mews right now ):

I believe I have extra Hoopa but will have to get home and message you about it. Will be home in about 45mins.

Edit: Sorry I don't. Gave them out already. Was thinking of extra Diancie. ;_;

Tomita

I believe I have extra Hoopa but will have to get home and message you about it. Will be home in about 45mins.

Edit: Sorry I don't. Gave them out already. Was thinking of extra Diancie. ;_;

Awe, that's okay though. Thanks for checking :D

Macka

I'd put my hand up for a Hoopa too if anyone has a spare. Wasn't able to find someone with an extra NA code before the event ended. :/

Azuran

Banned
0: Really? Sweet! What'd you like in return for it?

I'm not really looking for anything in particular but it wouldn't mind taking an event Pokemon you have one of those laying around. If not, I'll take anything in return that you think it's fair.

Tomita

I'm not really looking for anything in particular but it wouldn't mind taking an event Pokemon you have one of those laying around. If not, I'll take anything in return that you think it's fair.

I went home for the weekend so I don't have my full DS library, just one game, and it's SoulSilver so I can't transfer anything until I get back to my college dorm. So the only decent thing on my 3DS right now is a shiny Rayquaza... lol. Sorry, I forgot I didn't have my DS games until after I asked for a trade.

If you don't like that, on SoulSilver looks like I got the shiny Raikou/Entei/Suicune trio. Hard to say what I can offer on the DS without having all my games, sorry about that. Normally I bring all my Pokemon games when I go home, and then the one time I forget to...haha.

EDIT: Also got all the special starter Pokemon distributed last year for the 3DS afaik but I figure a shiny Rayquaza is more enticing than that, lol.

Azuran

Banned
I went home for the weekend so I don't have my full DS library, just one game, and it's SoulSilver so I can't transfer anything until I get back to my college dorm. So the only decent thing on my 3DS right now is a shiny Rayquaza... lol. Sorry, I forgot I didn't have my DS games until after I asked for a trade.

If you don't like that, on SoulSilver looks like I got the shiny Raikou/Entei/Suicune trio. Hard to say what I can offer on the DS without having all my games, sorry about that. Normally I bring all my Pokemon games when I go home, and then the one time I forget to...haha.

EDIT: Also got all the special starter Pokemon distributed last year for the 3DS afaik but I figure a shiny Rayquaza is more enticing than that, lol.

It's okay, you can have the Hoopa for free in that case. I already have that Rayquaza and I would feel kinda bad taking yours when I don't need it.

Tomita

It's okay, you can have the Hoopa for free in that case. I already have that Rayquaza and I would feel kinda bad taking yours when I don't need it.

Dude, are you sure? I don't mind trading it really. I don't care about hoarding shinies/events, especially when I can catch Rayquaza in game. That is if you wanna have an extra event Rayquaza.

Azuran

Banned
Dude, are you sure? I don't mind trading it really. I don't care about hoarding shinies/events, especially when I can catch Rayquaza in game. That is if you wanna have an extra event Rayquaza.

Well if you don't mind parting ways with it then I'll take it. We can do the trade right now if you have your system with you.

My FC is in my profile.

Azuran

Banned
Sorry had an untradable Pokemon in my party ): Gimme a sec

Sorry, that was my fault. I'm on Pokemon X so :/

I should probably change to ORAS since I forgot Rayquaza has that move ><

Edit: Give me a sec. Need to head to the bank first to transfer Hoopa to my Omega Ruby.

Tomita

Enjoy the Hoopa. Sorry for making it harder than it should have been ><

Nah, you're good. I thought I was just being a super newbie because I haven't done non-GTS trading in months and had the new Mew in my party, haha. Grateful for the Hoopa, thanks!

Muku

i really dislike how the new 3ds xl has the cart slot on the bottom, i lost a lot of progress in omega ruby because of it

Was thinking of getting but didn't realize it had it on bottom. Never popped a cart out while playing but have unintentionally even just on LL. Why did they move it to bottom on New one?

Oops, the bottom slot on the new 3DS kinda worries me, but I've never accidentally popped out the cart before.

However I have done it a few times with the regular 3DS, so you're never safe either way XD

Robin64

The killer for me is the n3DS XL's power button placement. A few times I've been sitting in an odd position so had to support the 3DS with my little finger. Juuust catches the power button and then boom.

I have yet to accidentally press the power button on my new3DSXL. In fact, I have a difficult time intentionally pressing it! I do worry that I will eventually eject a game cartridge at the wrong moment but it has yet to happen.

The power button should be on the face, the stylus on the side (sorry lefties) and the game cartridge on top. The original 3DSXL was perfect.

Seems the days of extraordinarily low value Singaporean events are over. Maxsoft just announced the Mew event for Singapore. Codes will be given out locally at Waterway Point shopping mall at Punggol MRT Train Station on 20th Feb. One code per person. Also seems to be a store distribution form 22nd Feb. to 31st May. Someone on Reddit says they have talked to Maxsoft and they say all future events will be like this in Singapore.

Sources: http://maxsoftonline.com/what-s-new/events.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/comments/4681gy/singapore_mew_event/

23e58ccd18e32cab182dbd6268a12868_L.jpg

Muku

In all honesty, I'd wondered why it wasn't done that way to begin with. Or a combination of like what we have. Codes + connect to NN and get them. Though maybe Maxsoft finally learned after that last abysmal event. Talk about a screw up with the new group they used.

I wouldn't call all the Singapore events low value though. I thought at least with Maxsoft + the limited number they offered it kept it within reason. The last event though was the free-for-all mess up. They shoulda just stuck with Maxsoft.

But you know, they may claim that now. But right now I feel like the 20th Anniversary stuff is better left to in-person for a celebration of sorts. We'll see how next year rolls. But the call for right now to be in-person I think is the right one. They also know folks in Brazil and other places that are getting screwed would still jump into the online stuff. I really hope the places that are left in dust can get them some other kind of way, when it's not on NN.

Firestorm

The Rayquaza promo was friggin' awful because they gave it an OT that the Global Link flags as hacked because it's not something you can use normally -.-

Muku

So of course I can't find a Mew code for my son. Ugh. We've been moving and it completely slipped my mind.

Wish I had a code to give ya. :(

The Rayquaza promo was friggin' awful because they gave it an OT that the Global Link flags as hacked because it's not something you can use normally -.-

This is the one that you can't trade at all, correct? I know have Aveyn's Rayray still. ;_;

Muku

Okay, now I realize I should have stayed in Japan at least until at least 20th Anniversary for Pokemon. ;_; Reading Masuda will be at Tokyo PC makes me a bit sad. Also, is that shiny Ho-oh for all of Japan, or just the new one opening?

Okay, now I realize I should have stayed in Japan at least until at least 20th Anniversary for Pokemon. ;_; Reading Masuda will be at Tokyo PC makes me a bit sad. Also, is that shiny Ho-oh for all of Japan, or just the new one opening?
All Pokémon Centers in Japan.

i-Jest

It seems I've input my mew code incorrectly to many times. Now I get a message saying I have to wait a while before I can try again. Does anyone know how long the wait is?

Firestorm

I'm so annoyed that I couldn't find my Pokemon Red the night before I left for my first Worlds in Hawaii. That was the only time the line to see Masuda wasn't several hours long :( Until it's somewhere remote like that again I'll never get it signed =/

Ecto311

Is there a way to trade for a specific pokemon? Not looking for anything great just the dinosaur trex looking one from xy I assume I can get/use it in ORAS?

Are there any charts that show what pokemon are only in xy vs oras? Having a hard time deciding what game to plow through to be cool to my daughter. Already caught a pikachu to trade to her as soon as I can since it's her favorite (and shes new) now.

Top Bottom