• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

WPS

Is there a way to trade for a specific pokemon? Not looking for anything great just the dinosaur trex looking one from xy I assume I can get/use it in ORAS?

Are there any charts that show what pokemon are only in xy vs oras? Having a hard time deciding what game to plow through to be cool to my daughter. Already caught a pikachu to trade to her as soon as I can since it's her favorite (and shes new) now.

First part: The GTS lets you search for any pokémon you know the name of (you want Tyrunt, right?), though if you want a reasonable trade you will be better off asking here.

Second part:
Pokémon in XY's main story.
Pokémon in X or Y but not both.
Pokémon you will have to trade for in XY.
Some alternate formes of pokémon (mostly megas) do not exist at all in XY.

Pokémon in ORAS's main story.
Pokémon in OR or AS but not both.
Pokémon that you will have to trade for in ORAS.

Muku

Is there a way to trade for a specific pokemon? Not looking for anything great just the dinosaur trex looking one from xy I assume I can get/use it in ORAS?

Are there any charts that show what pokemon are only in xy vs oras? Having a hard time deciding what game to plow through to be cool to my daughter. Already caught a pikachu to trade to her as soon as I can since it's her favorite (and shes new) now.

Think you're referring to Tyrunt.

Not sure if there is a list comparing the games, but you can find a list of unobtainable Pokemon in ORAS here[ on Serebii.

Ecto311

First part: The GTS lets you search for any pokémon you know the name of (you want Tyrunt, right?), though if you want a reasonable trade you will be better off asking here.

Second part:
Pokémon in XY's main story.
Pokémon in X or Y but not both.
Pokémon you will have to trade for in XY.
Some alternate formes of pokémon (mostly megas) do not exist at all in XY.

Pokémon in ORAS's main story.
Pokémon in OR or AS but not both.
Pokémon that you will have to trade for in ORAS.

Think you're referring to Tyrunt.

Not sure if there is a list comparing the games, but you can find a list of unobtainable Pokemon in ORAS here[ on Serebii.

Yup Tyrunt looks cool so I wanna trade for that at some point. I have played around with the trade thing but its just this moving list of people from Japan that any trade takes forever if it even happens. Might try for some trades here when I get a chance. Thanks for the info though.

Any word on Z or any new 3ds games coming this year? I have seen pokemon go is coming or a few things about it but it all seems so confusing.

Muku

Yup Tyrunt looks cool so I wanna trade for that at some point. I have played around with the trade thing but its just this moving list of people from Japan that any trade takes forever if it even happens. Might try for some trades here when I get a chance. Thanks for the info though.

Any word on Z or any new 3ds games coming this year? I have seen pokemon go is coming or a few things about it but it all seems so confusing.

Nothing right now. Think the hype is due to anniversary so a lot of focus is on the legendaries coming out. Nothing else on Z or anything else. I'm curious about Go, but I'll be waiting on some details before I jump fully on board.

Muku

Does anyone happen to have a spare mew from GS? I haven't had any luck so far and the month is almost up... >.<

Good luck. Wish I had an extra I could give ya. :( GS's in town here were pretty stingy. Just glad next months is on NN. :D

KarasuEXE

I think whatever is announced tomorrow will be more like Gen 6.5, trying something new but still with some ties to Kalos (Volcanion, Zygarde, Magearna).

Muku

Woke up from sleep this morning with the sudden realization.... I needed to renew Pokebank. Haven't played much Pokemon lately due to work. Kind of glad I woke up with that thought in my head. Just logged in and said I had less than 10 days left. Renew, renew, renew.

exhume

If anyone needs a Mew for their Pokédex, I just received one off Wonder Trade (that is almost certainly hacked/cloned etc, but if you just need it for completion purposes)...the catch is, it's nicknamed "Pound Derp"...I don't want it in my life but it feels wrong to just release it, so hit me up if you want it!

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
So about the Kanto Classic, is there a certain number of battles I need to complete each day to quality for the Dragonite prize? It's my first time participating in an online competition so I'm clueless on how it works.

So about the Kanto Classic, is there a certain number of battles I need to complete each day to quality for the Dragonite prize? It's my first time participating in an online competition so I'm clueless on how it works.
You need to participate in three overall. Doesn't matter how many you do each day.

I wonder how viable barrier will be on Dragonite though. It could probably be used as an interesting gimmick on a multiscale dragonite with roost or something. I'm going to enter the competition because I think this is awesome.

I wonder how viable barrier will be on Dragonite though. It could probably be used as an interesting gimmick on a multiscale dragonite with roost or something. I'm going to enter the competition because I think this is awesome.

Eh, Dragon types are terrible support Pokemon period with 4x weakness plus addition to Fairy types. And those are majority SpAtk so what's the point of Barrier lol. MetaGame right now (VGC16) is mostly SpAtk with Kang, Salamence, and Mawile being your most popular Physical attackers.

It might be different for singles but do you really want to be wasting two move slots on Dragonite for Barrier and Roost?

Muku

From Serebii:

Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed as the next generation. Also Pokémon Bank will allow for Red, Blue & Yellow to send data to Pokémon Bank and be received into Pokémon Sun & Moon. They cannot be received by X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire

Now that's interesting. Already to a new generation and didn't finish off the trio of legendaries? Hm. Now am curious. Glad to see Bank will work with R/B/Y and that you can bring into Sun and Moon. Bit disheartening not into the current gen. Want R/B/Y, but money for now so will have to hold off. Guess doesn't feel so bad holding off a bit since even then I couldn't transfer them into my current stuff.

For holiday hope it's closer to Thanksgiving than Christmas. But also, I assume you won't be able to redeem, if it is released within Meloetta's time frame, that it'll be redeemable on Sun/Moon?

Edit: Just realized I'm going to have to import one at least.... for my JPN 3DS.

Muku

I usually buy each copy in ENG and then an additional one in JPN. This time it will be to work on/keep up what I do know before I lose it.

Also, I'm Team Moon.

lupinko

I just going to buy a bajillion games again. I also got my 2DS Pokemon Red delivered to me this morning from the PC. My friend in Yokohama scored me 2DS Blue.

So that means I'll have two Gen 1 Mews! Traveling to Sun and Moon later this year!

In addition to my limitless Gen 3 reg and Shiny Mews and the Gen 6 ones.

Oh right I will be giving out Gen 6 Mews real soon for people who have no access to any distribution.

tiijj

I just going to buy a bajillion games again. I also got my 2DS Pokemon Red delivered to me this morning from the PC. My friend in Yokohama scored me 2DS Blue.

So that means I'll have two Gen 1 Mews! Traveling to Sun and Moon later this year!

In addition to my limitless Gen 3 reg and Shiny Mews and the Gen 6 ones.

Oh right I will be giving out Gen 6 Mews real soon for people who have no access to any distribution.

I completely forgot about Gen 1 mew. If you buy the VC game you get both gen 1 and gen 6 mew. I assumed that you can only play it on the gen 1 vc games since there was no info that they can be uploaded to the pokemon bank. Thanks for reminding me.

Do you know if the gen 1 and gen 6 mew are the same? Like the same level, ot, etc...

lupinko

I completely forgot about Gen 1 mew. If you buy the VC game you get both gen 1 and gen 6 mew. I assumed that you can only play it on the gen 1 vc games since there was no info that they can be uploaded to the pokemon bank. Thanks for reminding me.

Do you know if the gen 1 and gen 6 mew are the same? Like the same level, ot, etc...

You only get Gen 1 Mew if you buy a 2DS bundle, Gen 6 Mew code only for VC game.

tiijj

You only get Gen 1 Mew if you buy a 2DS bundle, Gen 6 Mew code only for VC game.

I bought the yellow 2DS bundle (good thing I was able to cancel red and green one or I'll be broke for a while lol) and all four of the boxed ones. And a blue one from the eshop...

lupinko

I bought the yellow 2DS bundle (good thing I was able to cancel red and green one or I'll be broke for a while lol) and all four of the boxed ones. And a blue one from the eshop...

Ah okay.

I think Mew Gen 1 is in life redemption I haven't opened mine yet. But that's what I heard.

Are you also in Japan?

L.O.R.D

just started my AS play through and this happened

CcPaIWLW8AEkVOf.jpg

FML

Quiet Dialga

31/1/31/31/31/20-21

Keep or ditch? For reference, I can always SR more Dialga later on my ENG file (I can make Powersaves save back-ups, no I don't edit the mon directly, I felt like absolute shit the one time I tried that). This is just my digital JPN file I can't do back-ups for.

Muku

LORD awe. :( I don't have that kind of luck. Which is probably good.

Anyone go to TRU today and have extra promos? :( had to work all day.

Decided to keep the Dialga, since it's perfect for that speed value (for level 50 play at least). I was aiming for 0-3 and had the set-up for it, but 20-21 is another speed IV I wanted (though I can't remember why. I guess I can try to figure that out later).

Muku

Woo! Thought it was just going to be another morning widdling down the count on Terrakion, while reading the news, and I look on try #1116 and I see a sparkling beautiful Terrakion. He was a real ass and ended up having to use one of the Master Balls I've traded for in past on 'em. But that's okay. A new one for my shiny Dex!

Woo! Thought it was just going to be another morning widdling down the count on Terrakion, while reading the news, and I look on try #1116 and I see a sparkling beautiful Terrakion. He was a real ass and ended up having to use one of the Master Balls I've traded for in past on 'em. But that's okay. A new one for my shiny Dex!
Your patience is amazing. :x

Muku

Your patience is amazing. :x

I amaze myself sometimes.
There are times like until yesterday I hadn't SR'd for Terrakion for a while because ugh, just shine already.
Though was amazed to see Terrakion so early. I know it sounds weird, but since Cresselia took over 3.5k, I'm happy with him being so early. :D

I am dead serious about getting all these legendaries I can as shiny for my shiny dex. It'll be my own legit shinies. Rayquaza I'm not worried about since I have the WHF '15 one in my shiny dex. Having one with my OT would be more amazing, but I can deal with it. I don't think I'll get them all shiny by time Sun/Moon come out. XD I'm not even all that concerned about beating ORAS. My obsession started finding out they weren't shiny locked.

I will make them all shine!

On a side note, I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to find homes for. They're currently residing in Pokebank so I can nab them on whichever game I want to trade them out. If you would like any, please let me know. I want to clear out some boxes. Can't speak of validity on these, but if you want further information on them, send me a PM. Just giving a brief overview.

- Level 100 ENG Shiny Palkia / Ultra Ball / Hasty
- Level 100 JPN Shiny Dialga / Ultra Ball / Naive (active Pokerus)
- Level 100 ENG Shiny Giratina / Net Ball / Modest (6IV / active Pokerus)
- Level 100 ENG Shiny Gengar / Pokeball / Timid (6IV)
- Level 100 ENG Shiny Gyarados / Pokeball / Adamant (6IV / no longer active Pokerus)
- Level 100 ENG Shiny Rayquaza / Master Ball / Hasty (6IV / active Pokerus)
- Level 050 ENG Shiny Groudon / Nest Ball / Adamant
- Level 100 ENG Shiny Cresselia / Pokeball / Adamant (6IV / active Pokerus)
- Level 100 ENG Shiny Shaymin / Premier Ball / Timid (6IV / no longer active Pokerus)
- Level 030 JPN Shiny Mew / Premier Ball / Timid (6IV)
- Level 100 GER Shiny Darkrai / Master Ball / Adamant

Non shinies but still cannot speak of validity.

- Level 050 JPN Shaymin / Cherish Ball / Adamant
- Level 038 JPN Meloetta / Cherish Ball / Impish (no longer active Pokerus)
- Level 022 JPN Manaphy / Pokeball / Mild

These are ones I got back in the day and used to clone for a while. So they are clones, but I got them from the event myself.

- Level 100 ENG Deoxys / Dusk Ball / Bold
- Level 052 ENG Darkrai / Cherish Ball / Brave
- Level 050 ENG Keldeo / Cherish Ball / Jolly
- Level 050 ENG Victini / Cherish Ball / Relaxed
- Level 100 ENG Deoxys / Dusk Ball / Bold
- Level 048 ENG Genesect / Cherish Ball / Hasty

Just wanting to clean up some boxes. Just let me know if you want anything. You can trade me whatever you'd like for them.

Edit: Going for Raikou/Entei/Suicune next. Already started my run with them.

Also, if anyone went to Toys R Us yesterday and has an extra set of promos I'd be interested. :(

Sure. When are you available to pick them up? (Genesect is as high as he is because I decided to use him in my starting team in Black when I got him at start. I kind of liked using him.)
I can do it now actually, if you're available.

I've actually been too lazy to fill in the Victini, Genesect, and Arceus gaps in my living dex, even though I have all three waiting to be picked up/caught in Gen V. lol

Muku

I can do it now actually, if you're available.

I've actually been too lazy to fill in the Victini, Genesect, and Arceus gaps in my living dex, even though I have all three waiting to be picked up/caught in Gen V. lol

Sure. Let me pop into Pokebank real quick to nab em out. SRing for Suicune at the moment. I think your FC is on this 3DS. I guess I'll find out shortly.

Top Bottom