• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Ultimadrago

Basically, breeding in Gen VI is, once you have the hang of it, something that can be done in a single episode of Castle or Game of Thrones.

In comparison, breeding in Gen V is cancer.

Yeah, thanks to the kindness of GAF and the improvements I got into breeding in Gen VI when I had noideawhatImdoing.gif in any of the gens prior.

It was like a whole other game inside of Pokemon. That power that's inside.

I just got the cosplay Pikachu, its nature is hasty. I want to EV train to to be a mix attacker but I've never done a mix attacker before.
252 speed I know but how do I spread the rest of the ev points in attack & special attack?

Koren

Correct he is useless for non 31 or 0 IVs but most of the time you want a 5*31 IV spread.
So he talk about ALL 31 IV when you have several? I thought he was stopping at two. I missed that, or it's different in Gen VI.

if it were still Gen V I'd say be happy with 3 perfects.[/quote]
No wonder I've had nightmares about getting 4-5 perfects in gen V.

All those comments about Gen VI been better for breeding makes me happy.

My HP Ice routine is (fresh in my mind as I just made my first HP Ice Pokemon, a male Eevee for Jolteon and Manectric):
-HP type checker, trash anything that isn't Dragon or Ice (as we want 31/x/30/31/31/31, those two hidden powers are the only ones that meet that stat spread)
-IV Judge, trash anything that isn't 31/x/x/31/31/31
-Battle institute and calculate away hoping for 31/x/30/31/31/31
Again, thanks, all those advices are really helpful.

I just got the cosplay Pikachu, its nature is hasty. I want to EV train to to be a mix attacker but I've never done a mix attacker before.
252 speed I know but how do I spread the rest of the ev points in attack & special attack?

Put the rest of your EVs in SpA. Pikachu inherently has a higher ATT than SpA
Consider the moves charge beam, nuzzle, thunder punch, volt tackle, wild charge, volt switch, thunderbolt, and thunder

My Cosplay Pokachu has Jolly nature, too bad it can't get Volt Tackle. :(

One of the biggest problems with Cosplay Pikachu. Maybe next gen it will make a comeback in the very first game of the gen and they'll allow you to breed them.
Cosplay Pikachu + Volt Tackle + Light Ball would be awesome.

Velcro Fly

Might just say fuck it and go back for Aron/Mawile.

Rapidly approaching Electrike time though. Would love to get it with a fire move.

Caladrius

Debating whether or not to go back and DexNav grind for a high level Ralts or just import my shiny one from XY. I'd prefer the latter but it'd be nice to have a nickname.

Just switched to the mach bike..I swear it was alot faster in the original :p.

To be fair the damned thing was nearly uncontrollable in RSE.

L.O.R.D

Next OT should put this photo instead
tumblr_nb1jrkq9eW1tcecd8o1_500.jpg

The area nav has a little icon of a trainer. You click it and it tells you all the trainers on the route that wants a rematch.

Thanks, I'll look for it.

Off topic, I laughed at the first Gym, something like this happened:

Youngster: Haha, my Geodude has Sturdy, eat this!
Me: Oh, looks like I forgot to mention that I have Double Kick now.
Youngster: ....

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my first badge, and now I'm ready to travel to that island whose name I forgot. 5 hours in, which probably means this is going to be a lot shorter than Y (took me 10 hours to reach the first gym there).

Enjoying it a lot so far.

Heard it synchro'd, and this time when I actually remembered to have Abra in front during the grunt battle I got a Calm one. I'll test it some more to make sure that wasn't a coincidence.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm having trouble deciding which mega I want on my in-game team. I've narrowed it down to Sceptile (my starter), Glaile (never used one before), Metagross (never used one before+ it's shiny), or Altaria (Altaria has been on my ingame team in almost every playthrough of a Hoenn game, but the mega is so pretty that I want to use it again). Please help me decide.

Azuran

Banned
I'm having trouble deciding which mega I want on my in-game team. I've narrowed it down to Sceptile (my starter), Glaile (never used one before), Metagross (never used one before+ it's shiny), or Altaria (Altaria has been on my ingame team in almost every playthrough of a Hoenn game, but the mega is so pretty that I want to use it again). Please help me decide.

Altaria because of the deeper meaning.

Top Bottom