• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

What's Synchronize?
An ability. Not to be confused with the attack Synchronoise.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Synchronize_(Ability)
Mainly the secondary effect is more interesting:
From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with this Ability is leading the party, there is a 50% chance that wild Pokémon encountered will have the same Nature as the Pokémon with Synchronize.
I personally find the odds are better than 50% these days.

Abra and Ralts have it. Keep catching then until you get a nature you want. The effect also applies when they are fainted just so long as they in the first slot of the party.

ohlawd

Is the nature locked in or can we Synchro it?

save before entering the forest area it's in and yes you can synchro.

I got a Modest Latias with 23/23/23/31/31/31 on my first go. It's for the Maison anyway that's why I didn't go Timid or defensive natures.

Namikaze1

I have thrown 40 Ultra Balls and freaking Registeel won't stay in!!

I'm this close to throwing the damn Master Ball and see if he somehow escapes that.

Pokemon RNG is the absolute worst. Really hope whichever person or people who thought adding natures to the game was a good idea was not only fired, but never works in gaming in any capacity again.

Namikaze1

After 46 freaking Ultra Balls, the jerk is mine! Now to restock. 46 balls for just one Pokemon. It took me just four Ultra Balls for Regirock. Let's see how many it will take for Regice.

Kilvin

Guys I can't stress enough how much more fun the game seems to be with exp sharing turned off. My highest level pokemon is marshtomp at the moment and he's at level 16. The rest of the party is in between with the lowest level being Shroomish at level 10.

Try it out if you're not already playing that way and if you dont wanna just steam roll through every trainer. Im up to Slateport city and just found
Alakazite

I considered turning it off when I got it but kept it on for a bit. I think I'll take your advice and turn it off though... It made X and Y way too easy.

Pokemon RNG is the absolute worst. Really hope whichever person or people who thought adding natures to the game was a good idea was not only fired, but never works in gaming in any capacity again.
Natures add depth and strategy to team-building. I personally hope that whoever added natures to the game was promoted, not fired.

Natures add depth and strategy to team-building. I personally hope that whoever added natures to the game was promoted, not fired.

With the way gamefreak operates, I strongly suspect that was the case. Shoddy game design to have to reset 50+ times just to get a nature for the starting pokemon that isn't counter-productive.

There are quite literally so many better ways to implement that feature into the game but leave it to gamefreak to choose one of the worst.

DarkKyo

High chance it's edited. Shinies are possible when bred. And getting 6 IV shiny takes time. However the Master Ball cannot be passed down in breeding so thats the biggest red flag. And since it's a japanese pokemon then it's a high chance it's an edited pokemon

I don't think it's a master ball.. Isnt the master ball purple? This looks like a love ball or something.

Keyouta

So since XY are after ORAS in the timeline, we'll probably be seeing the Battle Frontier in Z/X2Y2/whatever it's called. Is this what most people are thinking? I don't see why they would tease it this much if it wasn't going to be in the next game.

For those that have the strategy guide, try not to rest your head on any of the pages. I took a nap and woke up to see a page smeared out with the text on my forehead :(
Body oil destroys this book's ink

Firestorm

With the way gamefreak operates, I strongly suspect that was the case. Shoddy game design to have to reset 50+ times just to get a nature for the starting pokemon that isn't counter-productive.

There are quite literally so many better ways to implement that feature into the game but leave it to gamefreak to choose one of the worst.
Why are you doing that? I got Quirky which is balls and stuck with it because it's fucking single player Pokemon.

So since XY are after ORAS in the timeline, we'll probably be seeing the Battle Frontier in Z/X2Y2/whatever it's called. Is this what most people are thinking? I don't see why they would tease it this much if it wasn't going to be in the next game.

Some people are clinging to the idea of DLC or free patch. Usually when Gamefreak removes something cool they don't have characters in-game bring direct attention to it.

Azuran

Banned

Does it really matter that much? I mean, it's just the story. You could beat it with just a Blaziken with Quiet.

I'm taking this Latias and its horrible speed because screw this game, I'll get a better one when I have the Eon Ticket on OR:
48eb7b3765.png

DexNav has A LEVEL?!?!!!?

1CzRGUe.gif

The (in-game designed) metagame begs to differ. They have superbly designed the game to be fun with pretty much any pokemon. Be honest. You are not getting the exact pokemon YOU want. 'sall good man I soft reset for two weeks straight when X and Y came out trying to get a shiny Fennekin :/

I'm tired of shiny locking :/

thehellisthat.gif

Do we know if all the legendaries are shiny locked? Or just the box ones?

EDIT: Shiny lock is when you cannot get the pokemon shiny, whatever you do. They did that starting with B/W box legendaries, IIRC, and it is still going strong.

lol i'm done resetting that Beldum. I sent it on over to Kalos and got the iv's. Careful nature and 24,25/18,19/20,21/14,15/26/24,25

I have better ones but none are shiny xP

Shoddy decision making is choosing to reset you game 50+ times just to get a specific nature for your starting Pokemon. Modest or Adamant are nice, but after a few resets, just settle for anything that doesn't cut your attack or speed and move on with your life. Or just move on with your life. Every complains about the story being too easy anyway.

Stats in Pokemon in general are at odds with itself. They are designed to provide a unique experience with every single Pokemon you use, but they only actually matter when playing competitively, where only perfection matters. As such, the ways you have to manipulate the stat systems in order to get competitively viable Pokemon end up being extremely convoluted and completely alienating to anyone not already familiar with it.

Back to collecting ash.

Man, resetting for Jolly Cosplay Pikachu with 31 Speed/Attack will drive me mad.

Heh, tell me about it. I'll try to SR for a shiny Latios, if he's not locked.

Off topic: This rematch system is driving me insane, it recharges so fast that I'm over level 20 with all my pokemons, and I just left Rustboro, after meeting with
Lord Helix's number one fan.

Nobody is obeying me again, sigh.

JoeM86

Do we know if all the legendaries are shiny locked? Or just the box ones?

EDIT: Shiny lock is when you cannot get the pokemon shiny, whatever you do. They did that starting with B/W box legendaries, IIRC, and it is still going strong.
I was sent an image from 2ch of someone facing up against a shiny Cresselia in a mirage spot.

HardRojo

Natures are good and add depth to the competitive side of the game. IVs are the ones that are stupid.

Top Bottom