• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hehe, so there was at least one positive of staying up for the "New Sun and Moon footage". It seems Japan is getting an event Landorus for their Worlds-qualifying online tournament.

I assume Landorus will be given out at Europe and America Nationals as well. Only thing I'm wondering is if any of its IVs and/or nature will be locked.

JoeM86

Hehe, so there was at least one positive of staying up for the "New Sun and Moon footage". It seems Japan is getting an event Landorus for their Worlds-qualifying online tournament.

I assume Landorus will be given out at Europe and America Nationals as well. Only thing I'm wondering is if any of its IVs and/or nature will be locked.

I was hoping for Mark's Machamp to be given at Nationals because it's, you know, different

I was hoping for Mark's Machamp to be given at Nationals because it's, you know, different

That'd be pretty dang cool. I have a bad feeling they wasted the opportunity, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Can't believe there's only a month (and a half) until UK Nationals ^^

JoeM86

That'd be pretty dang cool. I have a bad feeling they wasted the opportunity, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Can't believe there's only a month (and a half) until UK Nationals ^^

The timing of it has made me really unsure if I can go :(

I wanted to really invest in VGC this year, going to all events and even commentating more, but that went to hell when they announced a new generation.

Plus, I'm not finding this format as fun as I had liked. I didn't consider how much the Primals would actually dominate things.

The timing of it has made me really unsure if I can go :(

I wanted to really invest in VGC this year, going to all events and even commentating more, but that went to hell when they announced a new generation.

Plus, I'm not finding this format as fun as I had liked. I didn't consider how much the Primals would actually dominate things.

Aww, that's too bad, but it's understandable.

I hope you enjoy covering Sun and Moon anyway, although I'm sure that's an oxymoron XD

Registered for the Japan online qualifiers!

Huh, so the Landorus gift isn't based on last year's champion's or am I just misunderstanding?

If so, I wonder if we'll get something else for VGC Nationals?

Actually, I just noticed UK is the first to hold Nationals this year. Hmm, that is very interesting...

Also means I may have a big advantage when it comes to trading.

Articalys

Would anyone be kind enough to temporarily lend a Dialga, Zekrom, or Thundurus so I can clean up the last few soaring legendaries? If you wanted something as collateral that'd be fine.

Faenix1

What's another good nature for Jirachi? I got a Jolly one in X - had 31 in everything but S.ATK and Speed, figured "why not" and kept it.

Don't know what nature to get for my OR one. Go for a S.ATK nature? Mixed? idk.

What's another good nature for Jirachi? I got a Jolly one in X - had 31 in everything but S.ATK and Speed, figured "why not" and kept it.

Don't know what nature to get for my OR one. Go for a S.ATK nature? Mixed? idk.

Careful or Mild.

I got this guy myself the other day:

Jirachi
Mild
31/31/20/29/31/31

Same day as the Pidgey above btw, I has some pretty insane luck that day.

JoeM86

We has events

US & Europe

Hidden Ability birds coming in the May newsletter.

Europe

Hoopa currently available through serial code HOOPA2016 until April 30th

WPS

Aw, it's the exact same hoopa as the previous EU hoopa, so it won't those who got the first hoopa event can't pick up another one.

Do Game Freak not realise how barren my mythical pile is with only two hoopa in it? I have at least 3 of nearly everything else.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
We has events

US & Europe

Europe

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE! This will save me from having to replay X to get Moltres, once I'm done with my current playthrough (which may take a while, as I got a bit tired of playing a lot of Pokemon in the last few months and working on my living dex). It's even better because catching the legendary birds in those games is a pain in the ass.

After I'm done with X and manage to grab Moltres from this event, I'll only be missing Togekiss (which I can get whenever I want; already have a Togetic waiting to be power leveled in Blissey Bases to learn some moves and a Shiny Stone to trigger the evolution) and the mythical mons that will be given this year.

Muku

Anyone got 2 mew codes for my myself and little brother

We live in Ireland so we get nothing lol

Should have come when they were plentiful during the event. :( Even the Maxsoft thing has completely run out, so not sure if many Mew codes exist that have not yet been claimed.

As for the HA birds.... yeeessssss! Wait, does that mean we get all three? Or they going to random them out in the newsletter?

JoeM86

Should have come when they were plentiful during the event. :( Even the Maxsoft thing has completely run out, so not sure if many Mew codes exist that have not yet been claimed.

As for the HA birds.... yeeessssss! Wait, does that mean we get all three? Or they going to random them out in the newsletter?

Wording seems to imply all 3

JoeM86

Yikes :eek: Are there hostels and such around there? I'm looking at San Francisco hotels for Worlds and it all seems to be around $270 - $300 a night for the cheaper rooms.

Think it's because I left it too late.

I'll just share with a friend and split it anyway

Going to be trying to get a shiny Espurr this weekend, (masuda method) if its male im going to give it away to anyone here that wants it... or just wonder trade it.

Muku

Going to be trying to get a shiny Espurr this weekend, (masuda method) if its male im going to give it away to anyone here that wants it... or just wonder trade it.

I always give homes to shinies no one wants. :) If you happen to get one I could trade you something if you're looking for anything, if I have it.

Semajer

I'm happy to take it if you don't want it. I've decided to be crazy, and get all the shinies. Including different forms and genders, and I need all the help I can get..

JoeM86

Been wanting a slow Yveltal to use in my Nationals team, so was soft resetting my Shiny Yveltal.

Got this one
#717 Yveltal [Serious]
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 31

Kept it, because man that spread. Jumped over to Y to soft reset my other shiny Yveltal

#717 Yveltal [Modest]
IVs: 31 / 1 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 30

I don't know if I can soft reset something so beautiful, but I'm out of soft resettable Yveltal now... my game is currently suspended while I make the decision.

JoeM86

Tournaments or big league / trading card game events.

I do post about the Video Game Championships and Pokkén Tournament Championship Series. I don't post about every premier challenge since keeping track of those is ridiculous, but I keep track of Regionals, Midseason Showdowns, Nationals and Worlds, and post the official streams of Regionals, Nationals & Worlds.

We has events

US & Europe

For the Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter, one needs to make sure the box marked:

"I would like to receive marketing email messages, including information about future online games, from The Pokémon Company International."

is checked, right?

gardfish

Man, Masuda methoding is so tedious but it is so satisfying when those goddamn shiny colors FINALLY show up some 620 eggs in. I've been trying to hatch a shiny Whismur, Makuhita, and Zubat, since those were my first three shinies in the Ruby version I lost years ago. Finished Whismur and Makuhita, now just need Zubat.

I also just got a 100% hacked shiny Deoxys from Wonder Trading the spare Makuhita. Probably gonna keep it anyway because why the hell not.

Marz

Booted up my Pokemon Y save after like a year and my SD card was corrupted. Lost like 2+ years of work. Physical for me from now on.

Ordered OR to jump back in. I hated this gen.

Muku

Booted up my Pokemon Y save after like a year and my SD card was corrupted. Lost like 2+ years of work. Physical for me from now on.

Ordered OR to jump back in. I hated this gen.

Awww. :( That's a bummer. I tend to stick to physical because I just can't go digital. I'm weird like that, but with stories of SD corruption, it makes me feel better sticking to physical. But I feel like PokeBank is also kind of a back up for me too, since I keep a majority of my stuff there.

What about this gen did you not like?

We has events

US & Europe

Europe

How does one sign up for the newsletter? I have had an account on the site for three years now but haven't gotten a single e-mail from them. I see nothing about a newsletter either.

Muku

How does one sign up for the newsletter? I have had an account on the site for three years now but haven't gotten a single e-mail from them. I see nothing about a newsletter either.

Log in to Pokemon.com. Should bring you to your account page when you do so. Then go to Profile Overview. On this page under Email preferences, click the box next to the wording: "I would like to receive marketing email messages, including information about future online games, from The Pokémon Company International." Save then done.

Log in to Pokemon.com. Should bring you to your account page when you do so. Then go to Profile Overview. On this page under Email preferences, click the box next to the wording: "I would like to receive marketing email messages, including information about future online games, from The Pokémon Company International." Save then done.

Great, thanks!

Marz

Awww. :( That's a bummer. I tend to stick to physical because I just can't go digital. I'm weird like that, but with stories of SD corruption, it makes me feel better sticking to physical. But I feel like PokeBank is also kind of a back up for me too, since I keep a majority of my stuff there.

What about this gen did you not like?

I remember there was water EVERYWHERE lol.

Top Bottom