• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Paltheos

Gonna need to get a Darkrai code, but don't have anything to do near a GameStop til next week. Hopefully they'll have some/be willing to give me some lol.

I was about to post that I *think* I have an extra NA Mew code. I think these codes are supposed to work through the 31st, but I'm not sure. Want it?

Absolutely. I'd feel bad taking it for nothing though. Do you want one of my Darkrai codes? I've also got a few spare Jirachi (that I soft reset to be at least decent). Let me know through PM.

Went to Gamestops today, got a few codes, learned about the shiny XY legendary events. Good day. I'm in a pretty cheery mood overall actually. My living pokedex is finished.*

*Finished as in I got the shiny charm. As of the Darkrais from today, I'm sitting at 711. I'm still missing: Mew, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, and Volcanion. All of which are scheduled to be filled up through the year bar the first and last ones.

I'm in such a good mood, that if there's anything anyone wants me to fetch them from my database, I'll go breed out for you.

Of particular note, I have several Hidden Ability starters:
Chikorita (Leaf Guard)
Cyndaquil (Flash Fire)
Totodile (Sheer Force)
Torchic (Speed Boost)
Snivy (Contrary)
Tepig (Thick Fat)
Oshwaott (Shell Armor)

And several spares sitting in my boxes unused:

Adamant Murkrow with Brave Bird and Drill Peck
Timid Amaura with Discharge
Timid Mareep
Naive Bagon with Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, and Dragon Pulse
Adamant Larvitar with Dragon Dance
Misc. Charmander with Dragon Dance and Dragon Pulse
Modest Togepi with Nasty Plot
Modest Houndour
Jolly Swirlix with Belly Drum
Adamant Beldum

PM me if there's anything you want.
I don't particularly need anything, but I can help you out with that Mew. I've still got a spare code that's are going to expire this month, so might as well give it away. Shoot me a PM.

Muku

We have a date? The newsletter emails tend to be all over the place. I have them ranging from the 1st of the month to the end of the month.

I feel like they are all over the place. Got mine within a day or two start of April. Was hoping it'd work out that way this time. Apparently not since we're nearing end of the 2nd. I've always wondered how dramatic of a difference folks can get them.

Seil

I feel like they are all over the place. Got mine within a day or two start of April. Was hoping it'd work out that way this time. Apparently not since we're nearing end of the 2nd. I've always wondered how dramatic of a difference folks can get them.

I didn't get one in April at all. I got the Celebi one on the 1st of March and a Pokken one on the 18th. Nothing since. Hopefully I won't miss out on the birds...

I get the Japanese ones in the second half of the month pretty consistently unless there are two.

Muku

I didn't get one in April at all. I got the Celebi one on the 1st of March and a Pokken one on the 18th. Nothing since. Hopefully I won't miss out on the birds...

I get the Japanese ones in the second half of the month pretty consistently unless there are two.

Oh wow. Not sure how they missed you in April but now I'm a bit paranoid, even though I get them every month. This is not the month to have them miss ya. :(

Seil

Oh wow. Not sure how they missed you in April but now I'm a bit paranoid, even though I get them every month. This is not the month to have them miss ya. :(

Yeah, it's the first one I've missed, really hoping it doesn't happen again, especially not now.

Paltheos

I don't particularly need anything, but I can help you out with that Mew. I've still got a spare code that's are going to expire this month, so might as well give it away. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the offer. Seil already hooked me up though. There are probably other people in the thread that could use one.

gardfish

God DAMN, in like 5 minutes of SRing a Darkrai I got a Timid one with a spread of 30 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 31. That's got to be the best legendary I've ever gotten.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine in NA just now. Same thing. Three codes.
Me too! Though I only got it on my main email address, and not on the secondary one I also added to the mailing list.

Now that I think about it, with Articuno, Moltres and Xerneas codes being delivered this month my purchase of Pokemon X was unnecessary. I still haven't gotten to the third gym in my Nuzlocke run, and I fear that by continuing I may burn out on the series before Sun and Moon are released, which I'd hate to happen. Don't get me wrong, gen 6 is fantastic and I love XY, but there's only so many Pokemon games one can play in the span of a few months before needing a break. Between my OR playthrough, working on my living dex and the search for shiny Ho-Oh (who hasn't appeared yet) I've put a lot of hours this year.

And I still haven't started my copies of HeartGold, White and Black 2. At this rate, I probably never will :(

Still waiting for my bird codes. I wonder if they have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs.

I haven't cashed mine in, so I can't confirm, but I don't think I've seen a distro yet where they didn't. Even the somewhat mundane giveaways like the Unova starters had three 31s.

Muku

Month we get something cool figures I wouldn't be first to get it. ;_; Though I'm really paranoid now I'll get skipped..

entremet

I haven't got the Bird email yet. I'm registered to receive emails, which is strange.

Anyone else having issues? I checked spam and everything. I did get a generic Pokemon email today, though.

I haven't got the Bird email yet. I'm registered to receive emails, which is strange.

Anyone else having issues? I checked spam and everything. I did get a generic Pokemon email today, though.

What was the e-mail like? Something about Darkrai?

Maybe your region isn't eligible?

Muku

They go out in waves so it may be some time. :(

Muku

Sweet baby Arceus, I see my bird trio codes have arrived!

Edit: Screw Zygarde. No matter how many times I SR on them, I have not yet gotten an Adamant. Everything under the sun but Adamant.

SSJ2Red

Neo Member
Wow. I just found a subscription renewal email in my inbox from 7 months ago...

Really? Really? They didn't mention this email at all when they announced the distribution. They just said to make sure you have the email notification box checked in your profile (mine was, I made it a point to check the day before)! I know I wasn't the only one affected by this issue, as several posters on Gamefaqs noticed the renewal email as well.

I love Pokemon, but this takes a special level of incompetence. Goddamn.

I still have two extra Mew codes if anybody wants them. PM me if interested. If anybody has some bird codes they'd like to give in exchange, that'd be swell.

Muku

Wow. I just found a subscription renewal email in my inbox from 7 months ago...

Really? Really? They didn't mention this email at all when they announced the distribution. They just said to make sure you have the email notification box checked in your profile (mine was, I made it a point to check the day before)! I know I wasn't the only one affected by this issue, as several posters on Gamefaqs noticed the renewal email as well.

I love Pokemon, but this takes a special level of incompetence. Goddamn.

I still have two extra Mew codes if anybody wants them. PM me if interested. If anybody has some bird codes they'd like to give in exchange, that'd be swell.

What? A renewal email to keep the Pokemon newsletter going? I've never gotten one yet so makes me wonder about that. And why would they tell you to renew when you have box checked?

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
What? A renewal email to keep the Pokemon newsletter going? I've never gotten one yet so makes me wonder about that. And why would they tell you to renew when you have box checked?
Because they're ridiculous. Here's the "last chance to renew" email:

druloW4.jpg

SSJ2Red

Neo Member

Here is an image of part of the renewal email
PsxWFW5.png

As for your question, I don't know. Like I said, they didn't even mention it in the announcement. :[

I get so much crap I can never stop getting because I accidentally left a checkbox clicked on some webform years ago. Honestly, I can appreciate a who's like, "We don't want to send you a bunch of junk you don't want. You still cool with getting this?"

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Don't those emails always have some unsubscribe link in really tiny text on the bottom? I get a bunch of crap in my promotions tab in gmail, but I've yet to encounter any that I couldn't make go away.

Seil

I get so much crap I can never stop getting because I accidentally left a checkbox clicked on some webform years ago. Honestly, I can appreciate a who's like, "We don't want to send you a bunch of junk you don't want. You still cool with getting this?"

Really? I don't think I've had any that don't have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.

That said, I've not had a renewal email for the Pokemon newsletter, despite missing out on last month's. I do hope the bird email is just running late for me, though I don't need it since a secondary account did get them. Just don't want to be missing out for no reason.

Don't those emails always have some unsubscribe link in really tiny text on the bottom? I get a bunch of crap in my promotions tab in gmail, but I've yet to encounter any that I couldn't make go away.

They usually do have some kind of unsubscribe link. But after having the same email address for 10+ years, I can tell you there are plenty of them that either don't have one or don't care.

Muku

That is screwed up to have if you want to keep getting thing. Should keep coming until unchecked. But didn't we know about the birds coming in newsletter for past month?

In any case if you still have it checked and didn't click anything "still want" email they should keep coming. In fact should start complaining that is even an issue at all. If we didn't want we'd uncheck. Fortunately they are pretty good about their emails so not sure why they are all weird with renewal ones...

Muku

Did anyone here need a Mew still? I have a code to give out for free (US). Only if you didn't get the event Mew and need it, please.

Top Bottom