• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Did anyone here need a Mew still? I have a code to give out for free (US). Only if you didn't get the event Mew and need it, please.
I'll take the Mew code if it is still available. I missed out since I am living abroad now. (I'm missing out on Darkrai too.)

Muku

I'll take the Mew code if it is still available. I missed out since I am living abroad now. (I'm missing out on Darkrai too.)

^ Got hooked up with a Mew but pretty sure needs Darkrai still. (I don't have extras right now so can't offer one. :( )

turbocat

Does anyone have any spare Master Balls? I am looking to go for shiny legends in OR. Feel free to PM me and let me know what you're looking for.

Muku

Does anyone have any spare Master Balls? I am looking to go for shiny legends in OR. Feel free to PM me and let me know what you're looking for.

Good luck. :) Stockpiled before I went on shiny hunt too. How as you going to try yours? All Masterball?

I've tried mine to go into normal Pokeball. But I keep track of how many moves it has left. When it gets dangerously close to running out I will pop a Masterball to make sure. So far it's worked out pretty good and doesn't mean I have to have a Masterball for everything. But it is good backup. But also doing both OR and AS. Still working through AS at moment.

turbocat

Good luck. :) Stockpiled before I went on shiny hunt too. How as you going to try yours? All Masterball?

I've tried mine to go into normal Pokeball. But I keep track of how many moves it has left. When it gets dangerously close to running out I will pop a Masterball to make sure. So far it's worked out pretty good and doesn't mean I have to have a Masterball for everything. But it is good backup. But also doing both OR and AS. Still working through AS at moment.

If I can broker trades to get Master Balls, that's how I'd do all of them. Not too particular about what ball my Pokemon are in. Otherwise, I'd be hesitant to hunt knowing how high the catch rate is on a lot of the legendaries.

Muku

If I can broker trades to get Master Balls, that's how I'd do all of them. Not too particular about what ball my Pokemon are in. Otherwise, I'd be hesitant to hunt knowing how high the catch rate is on a lot of the legendaries.

I did it that way because I know I didn't have enough for all. I should see how many I have versus how many are left. Though the real time killer is just getting them to show. Kept tabs at start on how many turns it took them to show shiny. Need to get back to the dogs.

Not sure if this code works but my friend who works at GameStop gave it to me. I put it in and didn't realize it was a Mew code so I don't know if it will still be redeemable but I'll drop it here for anyone that can use it.

A5Z2 WPXX MZP3 MX2H

Muku

Not sure if this code works but my friend who works at GameStop gave it to me. I put it in and didn't realize it was a Mew code so I don't know if it will still be redeemable but I'll drop it here for anyone that can use it.

A5Z2 WPXX MZP3 MX2H

Only problem is lurkers can nab it. :(

turbocat

I did it that way because I know I didn't have enough for all. I should see how many I have versus how many are left. Though the real time killer is just getting them to show. Kept tabs at start on how many turns it took them to show shiny. Need to get back to the dogs.

Anyone else have experience going after shiny legends in ORAS without sticking to using Master Balls? Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but I'd hate to be in a situation where a shiny struggles to death.

Seil

Anyone else have experience going after shiny legends in ORAS without sticking to using Master Balls? Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but I'd hate to be in a situation where a shiny struggles to death.

Well, the thing would be to have at least one master ball at any given time as backup. But with O-Powers you can get a pretty nice buff to catch rate in general. Throw in a proper strategy and you're okay. Hell, there are actually some strategies out there that allow you to lengthen the fight by giving the target a Leppa Berry, often with a method to recover it =p

turbocat

Well, the thing would be to have at least one master ball at any given time as backup. But with O-Powers you can get a pretty nice buff to catch rate in general. Throw in a proper strategy and you're okay. Hell, there are actually some strategies out there that allow you to lengthen the fight by giving the target a Leppa Berry, often with a method to recover it =p

I'm going to check tonight and see if I have a leftover MB on Y, but I know I don't have one on OR. I so wish you could transfer items from previous gens...I have several MBs that have been stranded on older games.

That happened once when I just started RNGing in Black 2. Make sure to keep a pen and paper to keep track of the number of times the Pokemon has used each move ^^

Plus a Master Ball in reserve.

Seil

I'm going to check tonight and see if I have a leftover MB on Y, but I know I don't have one on OR. I so wish you could transfer items from previous gens...I have several MBs that have been stranded on older games.

I think I have one or two I can give you later. But if you're in it for the long haul like it sounds, I'd definitely recommend getting a couple specialized Pokemon for the task.

My general catching Pokmon is a Technician Smeargle with Soak, Spore, False Swipe and Simple Beam. That last one can be switched around, mine has Simple Beam because I made it primarily for hunting Hidden Ability Pokemon in X&Y and it let me check abilities. Soak lets you get rid of STAB for many Pokemon, removes Grass type immunity to Spore and removes resistance/immunity to False Swipe. But you can use whatever you want as your False Swiper, and your choice of Sleep/Paralysis.

For shiny hunting, something that can use the aforementioned berry tactics can be nice too. An example would be a Harvest Exeggutor (hidden ability) with Skill Swap and Bestow. Skill Swap your Harvest ability to the shiny and Bestow a Leppa Berry. Harvest will give them a chance of regenerating the Leppa Berry. And you can have other Pokemon with moves to give another one if it becomes necessary haha.

turbocat

I think I have one or two I can give you later. But if you're in it for the long haul like it sounds, I'd definitely recommend getting a couple specialized Pokemon for the task.

My general catching Pokmon is a Technician Smeargle with Soak, Spore, False Swipe and Simple Beam. That last one can be switched around, mine has Simple Beam because I made it primarily for hunting Hidden Ability Pokemon in X&Y and it let me check abilities. Soak lets you get rid of STAB for many Pokemon, removes Grass type immunity to Spore and removes resistance/immunity to False Swipe. But you can use whatever you want as your False Swiper, and your choice of Sleep/Paralysis.

For shiny hunting, something that can use the aforementioned berry tactics can be nice too. An example would be a Harvest Exeggutor (hidden ability) with Skill Swap and Bestow. Skill Swap your Harvest ability to the shiny and Bestow a Leppa Berry. Harvest will give them a chance of regenerating the Leppa Berry. And you can have other Pokemon with moves to give another one if it becomes necessary haha.

Thanks for the tips. If you end up having extras, let me know and I'd gladly compensate you with something fair.

I have a couple of catching Pokemon, though I think my main one is a Smeargle from Gen V that's Spore/False Swipe/Mean Look/something...else. That's just a guess off the top of my head. It sounds like this berry trick might be what I'm after, though. Will be investigating.

Muku

So, on topic of O-Powers and trying to catch a shiny, how does that exactly work? Do you have to activate it each time you reset? I ask because I've tried before and noticed that it keeps the cost removed when you restart, but the timer is gone, which I'm assuming means it's not active.

Seil

So, on topic of O-Powers and trying to catch a shiny, how does that exactly work? Do you have to activate it each time you reset? I ask because I've tried before and noticed that it keeps the cost removed when you restart, but the timer is gone, which I'm assuming means it's not active.

Yeah, you'd have to do it every time, unless you have two 3DS's. Last time I tried SR'ing, I sent myself the o-power via my second 3DS and left it open and it seemed the O-Power persisted throughout my SRs, which was weird but I wasn't gonna complain. I also assume a capture power will work if sent mid battle but that's not something I've tested. But for that you'd also need either two 3DS's or to be going online every time. And in the case of the latter you'd need someone on call to send you the power.

That said, I don't remember the drained energy persisting through SRs. Capture 3 is expensive and I spammed it myself a few times before resorting to a second 3DS, and that wouldn't have worked if the energy drain persisted.

Edit: There's also the MAX O-Powers you can get from secret pals. I think it's through the fortune telling option or something? Those last an hour, but I dunno how they work if you save and try SRing.

Edit2: To clarify on the O-Power persisting from the second 3DS, it seemed every time I reset, the O-Power was received again, even though I only sent it once. This stopped if I closed the second 3DS, though.

Muku

Yeah, you'd have to do it every time, unless you have two 3DS's. Last time I tried SR'ing, I sent myself the o-power via my second 3DS and left it open and it seemed the O-Power persisted throughout my SRs, which was weird but I wasn't gonna complain. I also assume a capture power will work if sent mid battle but that's not something I've tested. But for that you'd also need either two 3DS's or to be going online every time. And in the case of the latter you'd need someone on call to send you the power.

That said, I don't remember the drained energy persisting through SRs. Capture 3 is expensive and I spammed it myself a few times before resorting to a second 3DS, and that wouldn't have worked if the energy drain persisted.

Edit: There's also the MAX O-Powers you can get from secret pals. I think it's through the fortune telling option or something? Those last an hour, but I dunno how they work if you save and try SRing.

That's what I thought. I actually did do the two 3DS thing but still you run out before a shiny even comes up. Just was more work than it felt like it was going to be. So that's why I've just been using MB as backup. The O-Power method would be great, but because RNG gonna be RNG, I don't have all day to work with O-Power to make it happen. I do remember my energy staying drained through SR. Which is what left me a bit confused and frustrated and bringing my second 3DS into it. Then at some point I just felt like it wasn't worth it. But good to know.

Seil

That's what I thought. I actually did do the two 3DS thing but still you run out before a shiny even comes up. Just was more work than it felt like it was going to be. So that's why I've just been using MB as backup. The O-Power method would be great, but because RNG gonna be RNG, I don't have all day to work with O-Power to make it happen. I do remember my energy staying drained through SR. Which is what left me a bit confused and frustrated and bringing my second 3DS into it. Then at some point I just felt like it wasn't worth it. But good to know.

Well, if the power works when it's sent mid-battle (may need testing, you get notified if you're sent the power mid-battle though), then you wouldn't run out because you'd wait til you find a shiny then send the O-Power. Similarly, if it worked like it did for me, where the O-Power was refreshing every SR, it also becomes no added hassle, besides keeping the second 3DS running. But I dunno if that'll always work.

I did just test though and my O-Power energy didn't remain drained after an SR. Used Capture 3 which costs 6 energy, SR'd and came back with full energy.

Edit: So, I was gonna test how Capture Power works when sent mid-battle, but instead I ended up confirming the persistent O-Power from a second 3DS lol. Sent Capture Power mid battle, received it, caught a thing, SRd and now every time I SR, I receive a fresh Capture Power while in range of the second 3DS. As long as you get that working, that's probably a great way to go when SRing for people with multiple 3DS's.

Edit2: I continued my mid-battle Capture Power test. Without capture power, the odds were 50-60%, with capture power they were 100%. Attempted 10 times, sending the O-Power while in battle, and caught all 10. Very small sample size, but this is tedious to test lol. Have to SR the main 3DS to clear the o-power, close the secondary so it doesn't refresh the o-power, and SR the second 3DS to regenerate the energy every couple attempts x.x Since it's a small sample size I won't say it's confirmed, but it does look like it works when sent mid-battle.

Edit3: It's also worth noting that even with O-Powers, having a Master Ball as backup doesn't hurt. Level 3 Capture doubles your chances, but that still only brings you to like 13-15% on a sleeping catch rate 3 legendary with 1 HP. ~10% for paralyzed instead. Of course that's with a basic Pokeball/Luxury/Premier etc. If RNG really wants to screw you, it still can.

Dak'kon

How are you doing with the shinies? So you still need the dogs... Lake trio? Regis? Heatran?

I finished Episode Delta and go my shiny charm so I'm currently trying to get my shiny Lugia :) Been trying for about 2 weeks on and off. Think I'll also try for a shiny Virizion but not sure beyond that. Need you to send some shiny luck my way! Not going to stop until I get Lugia though >:)

Muku

How are you doing with the shinies? So you still need the dogs... Lake trio? Regis? Heatran?

I finished Episode Delta and go my shiny charm so I'm currently trying to get my shiny Lugia :) Been trying for about 2 weeks on and off. Think I'll also try for a shiny Virizion but not sure beyond that. Need you to send some shiny luck my way! Not going to stop until I get Lugia though >:)

This is my list, in order I've gotten them with the round I got them shiny on:

Latios : 207
Lugia : 176
Heatran : 2247
Coballion : 2247
Virizion : 1387
Cresselia : 3583
Terrakion : 1116
Suicune : 895
Raikou : working on now

So yeah, still need lake trio as well as doggies. Guess a whlie back I got Suicune and forgot about it. XD Looked at my notes and see I'm working on Raikou now. I'm on 400 with Raikou. Just haven't had much time lately working both jobs to get any SRing done. :( Hope to get back to SRIng a bit this weekend. Also feel like these events have taken me away from it. Had to leave area where dogs show up just to claim all these damn events. LOL. Trying to get a Timid Darkrai, but I may just say screw it and screw whatever HA trio birds come out to be, because I have shinies to catch.

Funny enough, Lugia was my easiest. :3 Thank goodness because all that bs in front of it would have made me lose it. XD

And yeah, somehow Heatran and Coballion came on same round. x_x

Just wanted to make a little post to congratulate myself on my recent good fortune.

I just pulled my last Zygarde and Mew and they're surprisingly nice. I'm not exactly a competitive battler, so it's not worth my time reset for completely perfect stats, but I like to at least shoot for something semi-viable to keep my options open.

Settled on some borderline natures because I got some pretty great stats within my first few tries of each. Got a Jolly 25/31/28/31/31/31 Zygarde on my fourth reset and a Careful 31/31/26/2/31/31 Mew on my third. That's coming off the back of an all 28+ Timid Latios on my second try as well as finally spawning the Persian mirage spot that I've been searching for for weeks.

When it rains, it pours, I guess. For now, I'll take it.

JoeM86

Finally got my Volcanion

Ch1xazwWUAAxceM.jpg

Pokédex complete

Paltheos

I used this web app to make it easier.

http://www.livingdex.xyz

The biggest pains were some mascot legendaries--the birds are particularly annoying if you have Gen 6 only as they are one per play through and those Gen 4 item trade evolutions.

Huh. Well that's one way to do it. What I did is I just set aside boxes in pokebank and ingame, ordered my pokemon by national dex entry, and just filled in the blanks. It's tedious to setup when you first start it but it pays off.

Seconding that the trade evolution items are terrible, but I know I mentioned that before. Why is everything in the battle towers in pokemon games so goddamn expensive? I also borrowed my brother's 3DS because I wasn't grinding out the evolution items and leaving to chance someone would scoop it up. Even if I left a rare and specific request, I was still jumpy at the idea.

The birds aren't so bad. I played through Y and both ORAS, so I had lots of spares, and people are pretty willing to trade away their birds for the Johto trio (I think I got my last bird for a Landorus though).

Good luck to everyone shiny SRing. Not really interested much in the grind myself, and most of the shinies don't look that great to me, but I am doing one. I'm grinding out Ho-oh, but I'm not that far yet. ~150 so far? I feel a bit relieved to see an average below 2000. >_> Hoping to get it before the mystery gifts this month as I'll be stockpiling them by my OR.

entremet

Huh. Well that's one way to do it. What I did is I just set aside boxes in pokebank and ingame, ordered my pokemon by national dex entry, and just filled in the blanks. It's tedious to setup when you first start it but it pays off.

Seconding that the trade evolution items are terrible, but I know I mentioned that before. Why is everything in the battle towers in pokemon games so goddamn expensive? I also borrowed my brother's 3DS because I wasn't grinding out the evolution items and leaving to chance someone would scoop it up. Even if I left a rare and specific request, I was still jumpy at the idea.

The birds aren't so bad. I played through Y and both ORAS, so I had lots of spares, and people are pretty willing to trade away their birds for the Johto trio (I think I got my last bird for a Landorus though).

Good luck to everyone shiny SRing. Not really interested much in the grind myself, and most of the shinies don't look that great to me, but I am doing one. I'm grinding out Ho-oh, but I'm not that far yet. ~150 so far? I feel a bit relieved to see an average below 2000. >_> Hoping to get it before the mystery gifts this month as I'll be stockpiling them by my OR.

I did that too.

But it's nice having an off game reference as well.

Makes planning and logistics much easier.

You can also get Battle Points via PokeBank. It's much easier that way.

Muku

Thanks. :) Good luck to you as well. I'm doing it because I want to fill my shiny dex with legit stuff. Going to be mostly my OT except for shiny legendary events that are filling in slots. Which are okay. Just going to fill stuff up with event/my OT in terms of shinies.

Last 210 Darkrai SRs - not even a single timid

.. Ok..

I mean its (24/25)^210 = ~0.01%

Wth

Right? I just settled with the shitty Timid I got. I guess doesn't matter so much because I have a better Darkrai from another event if I want to use. It seriously took me *forever* for that damn one Timid to show up. I think Darkrai is cursed.

Ahnez

Thanks. :) Good luck to you as well. I'm doing it because I want to fill my shiny dex with legit stuff. Going to be mostly my OT except for shiny legendary events that are filling in slots. Which are okay. Just going to fill stuff up with event/my OT in terms of shinies.

Right? I just settled with the shitty Timid I got. I guess doesn't matter so much because I have a better Darkrai from another event if I want to use. It seriously took me *forever* for that damn one Timid to show up. I think Darkrai is cursed.

I got one.. With <10 speed

Well.. Something is.. not quite right here..

Muku

I got one.. With <10 speed

Well.. Something is.. not quite right here..

Ouch. :(

Just looked mine up, mine had 31 / 25 - 26 / 31 / 7 / 31 / 26. It's good minus that freaking awful SAttk. Look at that Attk though ><

(I keep a spreadsheet of my events + info on them so I can look it up without going to Bank. I'm weird and anal about my Pokemon.)

turbocat

Does anyone have an Exeggcute or Exeggutor with Harvest? Looking to use for legendary catching with Bestow. If you do, PM me and let's see if we can work something out. Trying to farm hordes is getting a bit...frustrating.

Seil hooked me up. Thanks Seil!

Paltheos

:D :D :D :D

Shiny Ho-Oh acquired!

It's not totally perfect, but for a shiny it's more than I could ask for.

~420SRs (I started keeping count at '100')
Adamant, caught in a Heal Ball
26-27/16-17/31/31/31/28-29

Seil

Thinking about working on my Dream Ball collection again. Anyone have some HA Dream Ball Females to possibly help out with?

Also while it's on my mind, anyone have HA Amaura and Tyrunt? They're the only released breedable HAs I'm missing.

Shiny Ho-Oh acquired!

Grats! I've considered ORAS shiny hunting, but I think I made it through 300-400 SRs before I got tired of it last time lol. I can breed for hours, but SRing drives me nuts x.x

Really hope you pull it off, good luck!
My dex is like that (except shiny-less and so MUCH less impressive), my OT and events only for the entire thing.
It's for this reason I'm annoyed that the OT changes each time for event mon.
If everyone had just been GF like this recent round of mythical distributions it'll been a lot cleaner and satiated my OCD a little more. Seeing Harry, GF, FEB2015 and Descartes all in the mix is annoying :(

Muku

Shiny Ho-Oh acquired!

Congrats! I don't expect my shinies to be perfect. Actually don't care if they are because they're shinies and that's enough for me. :)

Semajer

Really hope you pull it off, good luck!
My dex is like that (except shiny-less and so MUCH less impressive), my OT and events only for the entire thing.
It's for this reason I'm annoyed that the OT changes each time for event mon.
If everyone had just been GF like this recent round of mythical distributions it'll been a lot cleaner and satiated my OCD a little more. Seeing Harry, GF, FEB2015 and Descartes all in the mix is annoying :(

I'm pretty much doing the opposite. If I've got multiples of an OT, or trainer ID I trade them away to try and have as diverse a collection as possible. Of course going for a full living dex of forms, genders, and now shinies is a nightmare to keep track of.

I love diversified OTs for events. I'd be bored as heck if we got GF events for 10+ years. In fact, I'm getting a bit bored of seeing GF already : P

This way we get cool stuff like "Satay King", "Descartes", "Aldora", "Hope", "Universe", "Manesh", the list goes on.

However I do think it'd be nice if there was a way to get every mythical with your own OT. I pretty much missed the boat since I started playing with X and I stupidly traded away my Bank Celebi for peanuts.

Muku

Well, just leaving from Bellevue. Got to see building TPCi is in at least. XD Actually came out this way to see Civil War. Also check out downtown (Bellevue) which has become all high end. stopped by GameStop in mall and got a couple more Darkrai codes. One may be spoken for but awaiting on that. Have one to offer up. Just let me know.

Tomorrow doing errands going to try to stop by downtown (Seattle) stores again for codes if I can.

SeZMehK

Well, just leaving from Bellevue. Got to see building TPCi is in at least. XD Actually came out this way to see Civil War. Also check out downtown (Bellevue) which has become all high end. stopped by GameStop in mall and got a couple more Darkrai codes. One may be spoken for but awaiting on that. Have one to offer up. Just let me know.

Tomorrow doing errands going to try to stop by downtown (Seattle) stores again for codes if I can.

Would it be possible if I can get a code for Darkrai? I haven't had luck. :/

Edit: Fellow NYer? Since you mentioned Bellevue...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Shiny Ho-Oh acquired!

Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy it a lot!

I'm still working on mine from time to time, it's been 3 months. I'm only 3 mons short of getting the shiny charm (one of which is Ho-Oh, which I'll have to borrow from a friend), so maybe I'll cave in and grab it once shiny Xerneas is delivered and I feel like evolving my Togetic into Togekiss.

Top Bottom