• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a NA pokeball pattern wondercard that I haven't picked up yet. PM if you're interested.
Turns out I'm mildly overstocked on Fancy and Pokeball Vivillon. Considering your largess in offering out spare Jirachi, I can likely peel you off an extra of each of those.

IGN: MacGurcules
FC: 2981-6887-2789

Might have to be later in the day, but if we can line something up, I'll help you out.
Whoa, thanks a lot for the offers, seriously! I wasn't expecting this when I made my post, I just wanted to get it off my chest. You are so kind, thank you!!!

Since I'n lacking both patterns, I'll take MacGurcules' offer so I only have to annoy one person instead of two xD

Don't get discouraged. I hatched around 2500 Squirtles before I finally got a shiny, and this was with the Shiny Charm and MM. It's all just about putting in the time if you really want one. It's frustrating, but you can do it!
Thanks for the encouragement. I really want to breed a shiny contrary Serperior and shiny protean Greninja too so I will have my three favorite starters shiny. I'll see how long this one takes though.
(However, this Rowlet looks super cute so it has the potential so be my new favorite Grass starter since I like Grass / Flying).

Ryan_09

Got screwed on the May newsletter. Anyone willing to trade their NA bird codes? I can offer pretty much everything but Manaphy/Phione.

So hyped for UK Nationals tomorrow.

I'm not even participating, but it's always amazing mingling with the Pokemon fans... and of course grabbing as many shiny Machamps as I can XD

Faenix1

Wasn't sure what to google but quick Q:

How many pokemon can you "store" at the pokemon delivery girl?

I'm soft resetting for a dark rai but the nature/IVs I want isn't showing. But then I gotta get my Shiny Xerneaus (pretty sure that's typoed, but I dont care lol) and three birds. So is there a limit to how many I can "store" there as I soft reset them? (Sometimes it takes FOREVER)

Muku

I'm soft resetting for a dark rai but the nature/IVs I want isn't showing. But then I gotta get my Shiny Xerneaus (pretty sure that's typoed, but I dont care lol) and three birds. So is there a limit to how many I can "store" there as I soft reset them? (Sometimes it takes FOREVER)

I imagine it's whatever unclaimed WCs you have that are available. The WCs are what hold the ability to allow you to get it. I've gotten up to 5 unclaimed ones at one time because I had been SRing for a shiny legendary.

I suspect up to 25 since that's the number of Wondercards you can have. I've got at least eight stacked up in my Y cart right now.

Seil

Yeah, your Wonder Card album is what dictates it. You can even reorder the wonder cards to change what you pick up first.

Faenix1

Aright, thanks. I couldn't recall where I read it but someone mentioned there was some kind of limit. Didn't wanna lose a Legendary so had to be sure

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Hi guys, I've just come to realise you can ev train level 100 Pokemon. How does this work exactly?
It turns out my Treecko who I started with has some perfect IVS, but his ev spread is all over the place thanks to the main story. He's level 100 now, so if I use a reset bag on him does his stats just drop? Then if I ev train him properly will they just change?

Cheers

Seil

Hi guys, I've just come to realise you can ev train level 100 Pokemon. How does this work exactly?
It turns out my Treecko who I started with has some perfect IVS, but his ev spread is all over the place thanks to the main story. He's level 100 now, so if I use a reset bag on him does his stats just drop? Then if I ev train him properly will they just change?

Cheers

Yeah. If you use a reset bag, its EVs will be set to 0 and the stats from those EVs will be lost. And, of course, gaining new EVs will change its stats accordingly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know this is the ORAS thread but does anyone have a Wartortle in their X/Y Friend Safari who wouldn't mind becoming my friend? I need it for a project that my friend is doing.

Muku

Shiny Heatran caught!

Synchronized properly, but has bad HP. Probably less than 1000 SRs total. Luck is still with me!

Congrats! Don't get too ahead of yourself though. Otherwise you'll get a Cresselia on your hands. >< Haha. (over 3k attempts at that.)

turbocat

Congrats! Don't get too ahead of yourself though. Otherwise you'll get a Cresselia on your hands. >< Haha. (over 3k attempts at that.)

Yeah, I have a feeling that my luck will probably be running out very soon. I think I might be going for Reshiram next, so we'll see.

I soft resetted for a while for a decent Shiny Xerneas, finally settling on a Modest one with 31/x/25/17/31/31. I reallllllly wanted 31 for Special Attack, but I decided 17 was acceptable with the perfect HP and Speed.

Muku

Haven't played in months, good to be back.

Just barely caught that Xerneas give away.

If you live near a GS, drop by before 24th to nab a Darkrai code then. :) Missed Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi so far though. (Only Mew before Darkrai was a GS code.)

Super silly question, but is there a limit to how many pokemon the delivery guy can hold (from gifted pokemon)? I've been racking up all these legendary giveaway ones, but haven't had the time to pick them up and worry about natures and whatnot. I'm hoping it won't boot off older ones as I get new ones.

Seil

Super silly question, but is there a limit to how many pokemon the delivery guy can hold (from gifted pokemon)? I've been racking up all these legendary giveaway ones, but haven't had the time to pick them up and worry about natures and whatnot. I'm hoping it won't boot off older ones as I get new ones.

You can have a maximum of 24 Wonder Cards, and thus events, at a time.

You can check how many you have in the card album in the mystery gift menu. You can also re-order your wonder cards here. When you go to receive your gifts, you'll get them in the order of the cards.

Edit: Also, it won't get rid of older ones when you claim new ones. If you're maxed out, you won't be allowed to get new gifts until you get rid of some cards.

Kssio_Aug

You can check how many you have in the card album in the mystery gift menu. You can also re-order your wonder cards here. When you go to receive your gifts, you'll get them in the order of the cards.

Edit: Also, it won't get rid of older ones when you claim new ones. If you're maxed out, you won't be allowed to get new gifts until you get rid of some cards.

That's good to know! I had no idea!

Good to hear and thank you!

kyo2004

Yvetal Shiny Live in America

l7aQGJO.jpg

dVUlOVs.jpg

Muku

Sweet, thank you for shiny Yveltal reminder. Just so out of it due to work.

Edit: One of them just popped up Jolly 30 / 2 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31. Tempted to keep, but is Jolly good for Yveltal? -nvm just keeping for my collection anyway. Though am curious about Jolly on Yveltal.

LUPINKO
LUPINKO

OH MY FUCKING GOD

I WAS BREEDING A 5V TIRTOUGA WITH THAT DITTO YOU GAVE ME AS PART OF A BREEDING PROJECT

LAST EGG AS I WAS CLEANING UP WAS A FUCKING SHINY

A FUCKING 6V SHINY

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE PARENTS WEREN'T EVEN PERFECT WHAT THE FUCKING HELL

EDIT: BABY PICTURE!
xHO4PTV.png

turbocat

Congrats!

Got Reshiram to shine last night, so I'm making pretty good progress on the ORAS Mirage Spot project. I'd say somewhere near 500 SRs in total, but it could have been less. The luck train continues on!

Muku

Congrats!

Got Reshiram to shine last night, so I'm making pretty good progress on the ORAS Mirage Spot project. I'd say somewhere near 500 SRs in total, but it could have been less. The luck train continues on!

Congrats! :)

Going to start my hunt again this weekend for Raikou. Now I can get out of the PC with all these events popping up haha.

Kssio_Aug

LUPINKO
LUPINKO

OH MY FUCKING GOD

I WAS BREEDING A 5V TIRTOUGA WITH THAT DITTO YOU GAVE ME AS PART OF A BREEDING PROJECT

LAST EGG AS I WAS CLEANING UP WAS A FUCKING SHINY

A FUCKING 6V SHINY

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE PARENTS WEREN'T EVEN PERFECT WHAT THE FUCKING HELL

EDIT: BABY PICTURE!
xHO4PTV.png

Wow! Congrats! \o/

I just got the Mystery Gift. Shiny Yveltal obtained! =P

Oh wow. First Modest Xerneas I manage to pull comes up 31/25/30/31/31/31. Took a while to get the right nature to pop, but when it did, it came big.

Muku

Yup. Got that and Darkrai and then completely forgot about the others until yesterday. These two weeks went by pretty fast lol.

Haha I hear you. Glad was mentioned at start of Yveltal because I was about to be on my way to forget. (Though, wouldn't have been too much of a loss since I farmed the JPN versions.)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe it. I really can't believe it... I was watching some AVGN videos when it appeared. Shiny Ho-Oh appeared. It finally happened! Someone please tell me I'm not dreaming, please!

As soon as it happened I told a couple of friends about it, and then proceeded to stream the battle for them, so we could all share the moment together. I calculated how many turns I had before it ran out of PP and started struggling: 20. My plan was to lower its health with Latios and mega evolve it using Thunder Wave, so it was paralyzed and I could resist a bit more, and then capture it with a Premier Ball. But I didn't realize one tiny detail: I only had 7 of those balls. Of course, with how bad the RNG had been treating me lately I guessed it wouldn't be enough, and that was right: it wasn't enough. OK, change of plans: use whatever other balls I had at hand, and save my Master Ball for turn 19. A Luxury Ball, one Ultra Ball, another Ultra Ball... All along, this monster was annihilating my team. Mega Latios, Sceptile and Castform sacrificed themselves for the cause. By this time I was entering the 13th turn with nothing but Tentacruel at the helm, so I was getting anxious. Only now it was my turn to get lucky, and after some of the longest seconds in my life, the creature finally sat comfortably inside its spherical prison, a brand new Ultra Ball.

So here it is, at last, after countless resets and many, many, many wasted hours! Now it can stay in Bank forever beside my pink Lugia.

I have no way to know the number of attempts I made, but by calculating the difference between the in-game timer and 3DS Activity Log I can see how long I dedicated to this task. Since it was the only shiny I searched for in Omega Ruby, all this time was spent in search of the elusive shiny.

104 hours... Man, if I had used that time to learn something useful I could probably be a millionaire by now. Whatever, I don't regret anything.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks everyone ^^

It feels good to finally own it. This year I've achieved my goals of completing a living dex (almost, still missing 7 mythicals) and getting a shiny Ho-Oh. Maybe someday I'll try for a shiny Giratina, but for now I think I deserve a break.

Muku

You shiny hunters are crazy. I don't even have to attention span to finish this post let alone soft reset for Pokémon lol.

LOL. Well, for me it's being able to legit have my own shiny legendaries with my OT. I won't lie, it's so difficult sometimes. You think "Oh, it'd be so easy to quit.." then think "Crap, it could be the next one though? Let me try..." and then hundreds of tries later the doubt creeps back in.

It's sometimes more fun than breeding for a shiny.

Top Bottom