• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

There have been a couple situations now where either Wally or May have said "I'm going to X now, would you like to come with me?" that essentially eliminates what would have been a long trip of back-tracking. Were in these in the original games? I'm just curious because they seem like the kind of short cuts older games wouldn't have included.

Can I say "no" when this happens? Or will they just keep bothering me until I say "yes"?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am upto my third badge, been taking it rather leisurely trying to capture all the pokemon in each zone. I have also stopped checking trash cans, did that all the time in Pokemon Y, and never found anything, so am glad to be over that habit.
I still do the same, lol. Was there anything inside a trash can, apart from those items in the S.S. Anne back in RBY?

why would you do that to yourself
just breed one for christ sake
I couldn't breed them since I didn't have them in the first place :p

Besides, I felt I was doing something useful for both of us, so it was nice!

Busaiku

So after like 3 hours, I get...
Naive with 0-4 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 25 - 29 Sp. Atk / 25 - 31 Sp. Def / 31 Speed.

Maybe I should just go with this.
Might be better than Jolly anyways, since Thunder would do more damage than Wild Charge even with no EVs.

Namikaze1

Yep, this battle theme has skyrocketed to the top of my fav themes in the series. God, it's so damn good. I don't even want to finish the match.

what's everyone's parties so far?

I'm rolling with Combusken, Skitty, Beautifly, Shroomish, Taillow and Voltorb and I'm at Slateport.

Only gotten up to Route 104 but:

Ralts, Mudkip, Shroomish, Taillow, Poochyena, Zigzagoon

DexNav is seriously ruining my progress here.

I'm rolling with Combusken, Skitty, Beautifly, Shroomish, Taillow and Voltorb and I'm at Slateport.

Currently getting wrecked with Grovyle, Surskit, Swellow, Geodude, Beutifly, and Mightyena. Only reason I am getting wrecked is because of the low Attack Stat of Grovyle and not learning any special moves until very late into the game :(

Edit: At Mauville City atm

Caladrius

Only gotten up to Route 104 but:

Ralts, Mudkip, Shroomish, Taillow, Poochyena, Zigzagoon

DexNav is seriously ruining my progress here.

I had to forcibly rip myself away from it to get on with anything. Half of my 3-hour playtime was spent on the first 4 routes.

I'll probably do stuff with it after Ep. Delta is done though. I've been meaning to actually try my hand at breeding and that seems like an excellent way to get started. (What with the 3 31-IVs and all.)

I had to forcibly rip myself away from it to get on with anything. Half of my 3-hour playtime was spent on the first 4 routes.

I'll probably do stuff with it after Ep. Delta is done though. I've been meaning to actually try my hand at breeding and that seems like an excellent way to get started. (What with the 3 31-IVs and all.)

I realized this morning that the new stuff was just egg moves and hidden abilities and that I could actually look those up, which means I'll be spending less time actually trying to luck out on a good Ralts for instance.

I still want to catch everything in each route though like what I did with X2/Y2's Pokedex.

Namikaze1

Okay, now that most of my Pokemon on my current team can Mega Evolve, it is time to beat the Elite Four. They don't know what's coming.

Vena

Gallade, Gardevoir, Linoone, and Marshtomp...

...Only beaten the first gym. >.>

---------------------------------------------------

That said, anyone have a spare Nidoran (Male) that they would be willing to trade? I don't think I have any way of getting one in ORAS otherwise.

_DrMario_

I was going to pick this up with a new 3DS but it seemd the New 3DS isn't released in NA yet? And there's no official date either? Lol.

Caladrius

I realized this morning that the new stuff was just egg moves and hidden abilities and that I could actually look those up, which means I'll be spending less time actually trying to luck out on a good Ralts for instance.

I still want to catch everything in each route though like what I did with X2/Y2's Pokedex.

Yeah. The bonuses, while nice, don't make too much of a difference considering the game isn't all that hard to begin with. It helps that a lot of pokemon get better level-up movesets and get their good moves earlier in this game.

I'd be catching more stuff, but I already have 2 entire games full of pokemon (Living Pokedex + 6 boxes of repeat Legendaries + 3 boxes of past story-mode teams + Pokemon I intend to train but probably never get around to) so I'd have to dump the new captures out if I wanted to import all that to ORAS.

Super outta the loop here, but if I'm understanding this correctly, these are remakes of remakes of Red and Blue on gba?

Those two are my fave (and well only) mainline Pokemon games I've played aside from XY. Are these good entries to get if I wanna re-experience those games with updated and new bells and whistles?

Maximus.

Super outta the loop here, but if I'm understanding this correctly, these are remakes of remakes of Red and Blue on gba?

Those two are my fave (and we'll only) mainline Pokemon games I've played aside from XY. Are these good entries to get if I wanna re-experience those games with updated and new bells and whistles?

No they are remakes of gen 3, Ruby and Sapphire from the GBA era.

Vena

Got it from DexNav, I'm looking just for Ralts, I'm obsessed with ralts .lol
So, should I keep it and roll with it?

I don't know why you'd use Destiny Bond, lol. Do you want it to die? :p

Does Gard or Gallade ever even need such a move?

Top Bottom