• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Vilifier

Neo Member
I am upto my third badge, been taking it rather leisurely trying to capture all the pokemon in each zone. I have also stopped checking trash cans, did that all the time in Pokemon Y, and never found anything, so am glad to be over that habit.

cafemomo

I'm really enjoying this game despite it's a tad bit easier and GF making some odd changes here and there. Soooo much better than XY

Although I probably shouldn't have taken Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday off from work for this game :s

Labrys

for everyone who wanted to catch an Aron early but couldn't, I have around 2 1/2 boxes of lvl. 1 Aron from breeding for a shiny in Y, would anyone be interested? I'd rather give them to people than wondertrade/release them

Now that he evolved and have a bigger moveset, I can clearly admit that micromanaging a Beldum with only Take Down is like having a kid that keeps putting his hand in the oven, even though you told him dozens of times already that he shouldn't do that.

Grexeno

for everyone who wanted to catch an Aron early but couldn't, I have around 2 1/2 boxes of lvl. 1 Aron from breeding for a shiny in Y, would anyone be interested? I'd rather give them to people than wondertrade/release them
Nah, I'll just deal with the grind.

-Horizon-

Now that he evolved and have a bigger moveset, I can clearly admit that micromanaging a Beldum with only Take Down is like having a kid that keeps putting his hand in the oven, even though you told him dozens of times already that he shouldn't do that.

Ok, I laughed xD

Ha, a setting to move "Organize Boxes" to the top of the menu, about time!

Only accessible by talking to a specific NPC randomly in the middle of the game. Fucking typical, fucking Pokemon.

Just a rant, so you can skip if you don't like them:

I don't know why I still follow Smogon, I bred some pokemons like a slave to get shinies with good IVs and natures, then they change the "best" spec, and I'm stuck with the old natures on a good IV'd shiny. FFS.

MicH

Jesus christ @ the Mr Bonding shit. God that guy is so damn creepy

Anyway, I caught Rayquaza in my first ultra ball. Got a critical capture! And then I caught a Jolly (!)
Deoxys in Episode Delta
. Perfect Special Attack though lol - haven't checked its other stats, just saw that Mischevious was its characteristic

Panzon

I don't know why I still follow Smogon, I bred some pokemons like a slave to get shinies with good IVs and natures, then they change the "best" spec, and I'm stuck with the old natures on a good IV'd shiny. FFS.
Try running your own sets and forget about Smogon. They give you a basic nature with mivesets and whatnot but you should battle with your team and then see who does what better then take it from there

Sandfox

You don't have to use their sets as long as what you're using makes sense for your team and the metagame.

Try running your own sets and forget about Smogon. They give you a basic nature with mivesets and whatnot but you should battle with your team and then see who does what better then take it from there

You don't have to use their sets as long as what you're using makes sense for your team and the metagame.

Thanks guys, I'll try to see what's best for me here, it is just that I'm not that good to have a clear view of my team potential sometimes. I'm trying, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The (in-game designed) metagame begs to differ. They have superbly designed the game to be fun with pretty much any pokemon. Be honest. You are not getting the exact pokemon YOU want. 'sall good man I soft reset for two weeks straight when X and Y came out trying to get a shiny Fennekin :
Wow, two weeks? Did you get it in the end? I still can't believe I got mine after only 4 resets, and I wasn't even looking for it (I helped a GAFfer get the other 2 starters and then they helped me get them too, so I picked and traded 4 of them until I resetted for the last time, got the Fenny I wanted to have as my own starter and realized it was a shiny).

Purple Braixen is the best!

Wow, two weeks? Did you get it in the end? I still can't believe I got mine after only 4 resets, and I wasn't even looking for it (I helped a GAFfer get the other 2 starters and then they helped me get them too, so I picked and traded 4 of them until I resetted for the last time, got the Fenny I wanted to have as my own starter and realized it was a shiny).

Purple Braixen is the best!

why would you do that to yourself
just breed one for christ sake

I'll take one. Don't have anything really to trade to you since I'm doing mostly a clean run so far. Team is desperate for some diversity.

2509-2163-1431 in game name is Char

braves01

Banned
There have been a couple situations now where either Wally or May have said "I'm going to X now, would you like to come with me?" that essentially eliminates what would have been a long trip of back-tracking. Were in these in the original games? I'm just curious because they seem like the kind of short cuts older games wouldn't have included.

brinstar

what's everyone's parties so far?

I'm rolling with Combusken, Skitty, Beautifly, Shroomish, Taillow and Voltorb and I'm at Slateport.

what's everyone's parties so far?

I'm rolling with Combusken, Skitty, Beautifly, Shroomish, Taillow and Voltorb and I'm at Slateport.

Slateport too. Metang called HAL 9000 (not from the event), Combusken called Blaze, Zigzagoon called Cherry, Froakie called Ryo, Grovyle and Marshtomp that I brought from the original Ruby and Sapphire, when they were still Treecko and Mudkip.

Caladrius

Grovyle and Ralts so far.

Aron, Corphish and either Trapinch or Snorunt are going to be my last pokemon. (I'm going to end up with Frosslass if I get the latter.)

There have been a couple situations now where either Wally or May have said "I'm going to X now, would you like to come with me?" that essentially eliminates what would have been a long trip of back-tracking. Were in these in the original games? I'm just curious because they seem like the kind of short cuts older games wouldn't have included.

No. You originally had to go back there yourself.

Top Bottom