• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Same here. I think it's great that it's giving us egg moves since it's a great boon in move diversity at the start. Like running around with a Play Rough Poochyena.

It's also great for breaking the game, Brave Bird Taillow~

Oh man, so you can get Tailow with Brave Bird and/or Boomburst? Hot damn.

I've spent the last hour or two on Route 102 getting the hang of Dexnav, and have a Ralts w/ Destiny Bond and Synchronize to show for it. Gonna see if I can get that elusive Shadow Sneak one before bed tonight.

I've spent the last hour or two on Route 102 getting the hang of Dexnav, and have a Ralts w/ Destiny Bond and Synchronize to show for it. Gonna see if I can get that elusive Shadow Sneak one before bed tonight.

I believe any of their egg moves are fair game in DexNav.

Completely helps those Pokemon who have really good egg moves.

Memento Ralts is pretty funny. It will kill itself the first chance it gets.

Wait, there are rematches?!
Is it just trainers or gym leaders too?

Don't know about Gym Leaders yet, but they show in the same screen as those who ask for rematches.

Off topic: Just got my Combusken into Blaziken, and I have two badges only. Thank you, breeders.

Where are breeders located?

West exit of Mauville, on the same route of the Day Care.

Route 117.

EDIT: Thinking better, route 110 and the one left of it should be better in terms of raw exp/minute. Battle the Pokefan with Plusle and Minun, then go left and fight the Twins that also have Plusle and Minun.

People have been saying you have to wait until after the E4 to get Lopunnite, but this is false. You can get it after acquiring the national dex.

Just about to face the E4 and my team has 3 megas now, lol.

Teknoman

Don't wory, you're not the only one. I could care less about any of that stuff, I only play these games for fun and nostalgia reasons. The only thing I actually pay attention to is gender lol.

I do hope end up there's some sort tournament for the more casual players. I'd love to face some other people that are playing with their favorite mons, whether they're good for competitive player or not :p

I only play with favorites, but with super training its really easy to max out EVs.

Vena

Haha, my team is like 4 starters, Beldum and a HM slave. Couldn't be easier even if I tried.

I prefer my usual Gard/Gallade combo. You have coverage over everything, and only redudnant weakness is Ghost.

I carry around a Linoone for pick-up and HMs lol.

How good is Lopunny? I got a Lv. 1 Adamant Buneary that knows Thunder, Fire, and Ice Punches in a Wonder Trade.

I'm more of a casual player who doesn't really care about EV's and such so a "good", "average", "bad", ect answer is ok.

I prefer my usual Gard/Gallade combo. You have coverage over everything, and only redudnant weakness is Ghost.

I carry around a Linoone for pick-up and HMs lol.

I love to play with starters, mostly because of the memories that I had with them in the past. I have a Squirtle, a Charmander and a Totodile in the box (with egg moves and all that), but not enough space in the team to use them. Maybe in my AS playthrough.

I only get serious when I'm doing a Nuzlocke or a Wedlocke, otherwise I like to have fun (if spending a whole day grinding on Super Training can be called fun...)

Vena

I love to play with starters, mostly because of the memories that I had with them in the past. I have a Squirtle, a Charmander and a Totodile in the box (with egg moves and all that), but not enough space in the team to use them. Maybe in my AS playthrough.

I just fell in love with Ralts and his evos since their intro in, fittingly enough, this gen. Once they added in Gallade, it was settled. :p

I even play my competitive fights with Gallade/Gard and, frankly, the intro of Fairy has been really great for my builds. The new mega for Gallade is really a nice addition for me too since his jack-of-all-trades movepool and stats just makes him a really strong sixth man in my team. Gardevoir, I feel, can do really well without mega and compliment Gallade. And, fortunately, there aren't that many ghost physicals to threaten my overlapped weakness.

Have never really made up a definitive team to wrap them up since so much keeps changing between games. Swampert will probably make his way to onto my team since I finally have access to him again.

I cant wait to start breeding:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoN_pJg7I8

Thankyou GF.

tumblr_mk5l5blvTf1qejbnno3_500.gif

One button + near the IV checker, couldn't ask for more.

Hyunashi

Lumiose was better because you could use a clip on the left of the D-Pad.
I don't want to pin my Circle Pad because I don't want to wear it, and it'll take some thinking to figure out how to clip D-Pad Up.

Yes, but this location has the daycare and the IV-checker too. Too awesome.

Forkball

DexNav is both an amazing and awful addition. Amazing in that it makes it feel like you are actually hunting for Pokemon and the special moves are really useful, but awful in the sense that YOU CANNOT LEAVE A ROUTE UNTIL YOU CAPTURE EVERY POKEMON INCLUDING THOSE WITH SPECIAL MOVES I WILL NEVER GET OUT OF PETALBERG WOODS

Vena

Does anyone have a spare Dawn Stone up for trade? Lmk what you might want for it, really want to evolve my Kirlia lol

I have one... I have twenty. I don't need anything, unless you have a Nidoran, lol.

How the hell does trading online work in this new gen? All I've ever done is Wonder Trades.

DexNav is both an amazing and awful addition. Amazing in that it makes it feel like you are actually hunting for Pokemon and the special moves are really useful, but awful in the sense that YOU CANNOT LEAVE A ROUTE UNTIL YOU CAPTURE EVERY POKEMON INCLUDING THOSE WITH SPECIAL MOVES I WILL NEVER GET OUT OF PETALBERG WOODS

Haha, this is pretty much my experience right now. I haven't even stepped into Petalburg Woods yet!

At least it'll keep me from blasting through the game at an embarrassingly fast clip like in X & Y.

alvmew

I have one... I have twenty. I don't need anything, unless you have a Nidoran, lol.

How the hell does trading online work in this new gen? All I've ever done is Wonder Trades.

Which gender? I can trade you one from my x, no problem. :)

alvmew

I need a male for Nidoking. :D (If you can slap on a Moon Stone that'd be great but I will eventually get one from Linoone.)

You got it! I have a level 3 male with Rivalry I can trade you if that works, and sure I'll give it a moon stone. My friend code is in my profile, what's yours?

Vena

You got it! I have a level 3 male with Rivalry I can trade you if that works, and sure I'll give it a moon stone. My friend code is in my profile, what's yours?

FC: 3196-4458-4651

Same name as here otherwise, so you'll know its me.

Don't get started on raising the capture levels of each Pokemon.

At the very least it makes hunting for rare Pokemon a whole lot easier once you capture one.

I never seen so many Ralts before.

Carl7

Don't get started on raising the capture levels of each Pokemon.

At the very least it makes hunting for rare Pokemon a whole lot easier once you capture one.

I never seen so many Ralts before.

I captured over 30 shroomishs before i finally got my 3 stars, adamant, HA.

Lenz44

Banned
I'm still debating on picking this one up. I haven't played the originals, and I picked up Y- so I'm not sure what to do. Help me gaf, I'm on the fence.

Top Bottom