• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Vena

Wonder Trade that didn't suck got me a SA/Speed perfect IVs Ralts (fem) with Modest.

Thank you who ever you were wonderful person out there. :p

Got it from DexNav, I'm looking just for Ralts, I'm obsessed with ralts .lol
So, should I keep it and roll with it?
I have one with Misty Terrain too.

Depends if you think it'll be useful.

I settled on an Encore Ralts though I imagine a Shadow Sneak one would be useful if one was aiming to have their Ralts become a Gallade.

You can look at Ralts Egg Moves and see if there's one you want.

Velcro Fly

Flame Burst Electrike within 20 minutes of starting the search. Feels good to have a decent fire attack on something

And it has lightningrod so I'm going to wreck that electric gym. Time to level this thing up a few times and get ready to move on! :D

Team so far after 2 badges: 17 Marshstomp, 18 Shroomish, 16 Taillow, 11 Electrike

Messiek

Depends if you think it'll be useful.

I settled on an Encore Ralts though I imagine a Shadow Sneak one would be useful if one was aiming to have their Ralts become a Gallade.

You can look at Ralts Egg Moves and see if there's one you want.

Can you get Shadow Sneak from NexNav? That's the only thing I can think of being a pain in the ass to get otherwise since its an egg move.

Thx guys : )
Time to find the best Ralts ever! Ralts <3

Ok, I just arrived at Mauville and I have ti say: Wow, they went all out on the re desing of the city. Hats off to GF for it, it's really nice.

I initially only had one pokemon in my party witn pokerus now my whole team is infected.

Yeah, the virus acts like that. I said that before because while in the box the time on the virus does not go down, so you can infect more later on if you want. While infected, pokemon with Pokerus gain x2 the EVs, but maybe you already know that.

Matriox

I see a ton of positivity here for Ruby/Sapphire, but honestly it was my least favorite gen to date. Does this hold up better as it was remade or more of the same? Is it better than X and Y? (which I wasn't a huge fan but I liked the changes well enough to keep playing.)

Get rekt, Wally.

Fake Edit: Wow, c'mon, you're embarassing me in front of all those people. Get a grip son, we're not inside an anime.

Real Edit: FFS, leave my chair alone, you rude kids.

Busaiku

Alright, happy with my Cosplay Pikachu now.
Naive with 0-4 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 25 - 29 Sp. Atk / 25 - 31 Sp. Def / 31 Speed.

252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Sp. Atk
HP's a little low, but eh, about as good as I'll get.

Going for Thunder / Meteor Mash or Icicle Crash (or Flying Press for fun) / Return / Thunder Wave or Grass Knot.

Not too bad.

Wow, if not for DexNav, I would've never entertained the idea of using Poochyena in a run. Love that it's giving me incentive to diversify my ingame teams a little more.

Busaiku

When is the earliest I can get Light Ball?
I mean, I can always transfer it, but I always wait till after the league for that.
For reference, I just got out of the 1st contest hall, don't remember the name of the city.

So I was SR for a good IV Latias and I just got this : 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31 / 24, 25, 26 / 30, 31 / 30, 31. Should I keep it or keep going?

In all my years of playing Pokemon, gym 4 and 5 were probably the fastest I ever beat two gyms in a row. Like wow, I just finished Flannery and here I am at Norman's gym.

Corgi

Banned
so people that playing this. hows the performance? Like are there any improvements over XY where those struggled, ala framerate when playing battles with 3d up, or doing team battles or the horde ones.

Growlie19

When is the earliest I can get Light Ball?
I mean, I can always transfer it, but I always wait till after the league for that.
For reference, I just got out of the 1st contest hall, don't remember the name of the city.

You've got a ways to go, unfortunately. An item ball past the 6th gym has a Light Ball, or you can Thief them off wild Pikachu in the Safari Zone, also post-Winona. Depending on how patient you are, you might want to trade one in anyways.

As for me, I just beat Tate and Liza. Before I continue the story, I'm going back and catching things in hordes and with the Super Rod. Up to 90 total caught. Currently rocking a Sceptile, Tentacruel, Ninetales, and Medicham. Still thinking of a fifth teammate....

so people that playing this. hows the performance? Like are there any improvements over XY where those struggled, ala framerate when playing battles with 3d up, or doing team battles or the horde ones.

Worse since the background is more animated-->taking up more resources while in 3D so framerate suffers.

Caladrius

I see a ton of positivity here for Ruby/Sapphire, but honestly it was my least favorite gen to date. Does this hold up better as it was remade or more of the same? Is it better than X and Y? (which I wasn't a huge fan but I liked the changes well enough to keep playing.)

The core game is generally the same, but balanced far better (Megas aside) with the Physical and special split and dramatic adjustments to movesets. Far more of the Hoenn Dex is viable now, with Pokemon like Crawdaunt, Manectric and Flygon actually being usable. Reports are saying that the game is also a bit harder than the originals without EXP share. (Though the game gives some very...interesting freebies to compensate.)

If you absolutely hated it, there's only so much that can be salvaged, but if you were just ambivalent to them it's worth giving the region a second chance.

-Horizon-

Anyone else not like the new Mauville City redisign? Feels so boxed off and out of place in a game that emphasizes the natural environment.
I'm not really liking it though the roof area is nice.

Hiccups during battles when it does the split screen thing (in 2D).

So it looks like Gamefreak did something interesting with the Meteor Falls section of the game:
instead of the battles being in 3D and the overworld being in 2D, they switched it around. Weird!

After 80+ soft resets and zero modest or timid natures, I decided my copy of Alpha Sapphire was defective. That and the fact that the 3DS suddenly started to shut off the moment I put game in the card slot.

With the new copy, I got a modest Treecko on the first try. Amazing how these things work.

I got to say though, the online rant/vent on poor luck and then suddenly getting what you want usually works.

So I defeated the breeder with 6 pokemons, then his friend. When I went back to leave, the first one wanted a rematch. Did that, and right after the second one wanted a rematch.

The ride never ends.

Wow, if not for DexNav, I would've never entertained the idea of using Poochyena in a run. Love that it's giving me incentive to diversify my ingame teams a little more.

Same here. I think it's great that it's giving us egg moves since it's a great boon in move diversity at the start. Like running around with a Play Rough Poochyena.

It's also great for breaking the game, Brave Bird Taillow~

SoulUnison

Banned
Oh wait, I forgot I sold my 3DS and Pokebank can't do items...

"Screw you for not owning two systems and/or at least one physical copy and a friend with another system. You might literally be *paying* for our Pokemon bank service, but you're just going to have to find all your shit all over again."

"Thanks, Nintendo!"

I didn't save before getting Latias and didn't feel like it was worth replaying the hour that had past since I'd saved. Not when the first roll I got was pretty good--Timid 31/0/20/15/31/31--and I prefer not to battle with legendaries anyway.

Top Bottom