• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Gabby and Ty! Man, it has been a long time since I last saw them.

Also, just got into Route 111 and I'm back to using Blaziken, all my other pokebank pokemons are already over level 40 and do not obey me. Sigh.

EDIT: My character looks so stupid with the Dowsing Machine on, heh.

Wow, Steven's Metagross destroyed my team (and 4/6 of them are EV and IV trained, lol). I had to rely on a Focus Blast to finish it off, otherwise it would have swept me.

My final team consisted of Sceptile, Glalie, Lopunny (all holding Mega stones), Seviper, Wailord and Tropius (HM slave).

Man I'm watching a play through and this game seems irritatingly easy.
They took a game not designed for Exp. Share and slapped Exp. Share in it.

It's hilariously dumb. I personally only used Exp. Share in my playthrough when I felt that my team was going to get underleveled. Worked out beautifully.

DNAbro

Current Team -
Grovyle Lvl 20
Mightyena - Lvl 18
Beldum - Lvl 18
Gulpin - Lvl 18

Heading towards Mauville atm. I can easily see this becoming my favorite pokemon game ever.

Velcro Fly

I found in X/Y that using EXP only in gym fights meant things were relatively balanced. I ended up using it for the E4 basically to not have to grind.

I've used it in this to train up a B team while I leveled my Electrike up to speed. I have four main pokemon and the trainer battles I'm getting are perfect for my levels. All four are around level 20 right now right before I'm going to challenge the 3rd gym. Otherwise they'd be level 24+ and it would be almost trivial.

Fucking confuse in this game. Is it like 90/10 hurt self/use attack? Seriously.

spiritfox

I actually wish I had the old Exp Share, since I'm constantly rotating in new Pokemon. I want it to catch up with the rest of my team, but I don't want the rest of the team to lvl up too.

The free Beldum doesn't help at all. Of course the guy got an adamant one with Rock Head. So he didn't had any problems leveling him up.

The free Beldum is pretty hilarious. Two 80 power STAB moves, False Swipe, and 1.5x XP gain right off the bat. I'm depositing mine once it evolves to Metagross next level.

Oh wow, I had no clue that you could get a Beldum as a gift! Just got mine, it has Brave Nature with Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Hold Back, and Iron Defense :D

Velcro Fly

Wow some of these TMs for 10k pokedollars are pretty decent if you need something to cover a weakness.

Going to feel bad for slapping this breeder around but I seriously raged when Wingull killed my Electrike with confusion and then most of the rest of her team would have gone down to him :(

Wow some of these TMs for 10k pokedollars are pretty decent if you need something to cover a weakness.

Going to feel bad for slapping this breeder around but I seriously raged when Wingull killed my Electrike with confusion and then most of the rest of her team would have gone down to him :(

Best combo: get sleep status from attacking Shroom, then she sends out Skitty with Attract. Oh, how I raged.

Vena

I need some opinions: Impish or Jolly for Mega-Gallade? His speed stat feels like its already high enough to out speed (base 110) most physical threats aside from Psyshock Mega Gard, and I think the extra defense (base 95) would be better stated.

Smogom seems to prefer Jolly but I'm not so sure.

DNAbro

okay i just went up somewhere and mauville and random guy gave me a nugget and said there is nothing funny about nuggets.

lol

No way Mauville is worse than Lumiose. It doesn't disorient you with bad 3D constantly so it's quite easy to figure out. It's a giant square...

Browsing the reddit and I saw that some guy got a shiny Latios with the pentagon so does that mean they're not shiny locked?

Could be powersaved, they were managing to get hacked mons with the pentagons a couple of months ago. But I hope that I'm wrong and they're not shiny locked, since I want a shiny Latios to pair with my shiny Latias.

I have those GameStop codes for Gengar and Diancie, but they're not compatible with ORAS and I don't XY. What's the best way for me to go about obtaining them?

My lil' bro has his own 3DS and his digital copy of XY. Could he redeem another copy of the Gengar/Diancie and then trade them to me from within XY or does he need to transfer them to his copy of ORAS via the Pokemon Bank and then trade me?

Pogonip

Neo Member
Just got to the contest hall in Slateport.

Sad to see that the OG Pokeblock Machine is no longer in use. I used to be pretty good at the timing for it in Emerald, made some pretty great pokeblocks.

Matriox

The core game is generally the same, but balanced far better (Megas aside) with the Physical and special split and dramatic adjustments to movesets. Far more of the Hoenn Dex is viable now, with Pokemon like Crawdaunt, Manectric and Flygon actually being usable. Reports are saying that the game is also a bit harder than the originals without EXP share. (Though the game gives some very...interesting freebies to compensate.)

If you absolutely hated it, there's only so much that can be salvaged, but if you were just ambivalent to them it's worth giving the region a second chance.

Wait, so EXP share is staying?? That was one of my least favorite things about X and Y, but so long as I can turn it off.. I just don't like that the game is boring with it and annoying without it nowadays.. I think I'll wait for a deal or something, it isnt something I need to have. Was really hoping for another B2G1 or something similar to throw this into. Thanks for the response.

L.O.R.D

Finally , got my Omega Ruby and Alpha sapphire

c0I8tiC.jpg

ULF2QIW.jpg

mwIDnzl.jpg

PgmaqZ3.jpg

it look fucking amazing , and its not light , it look heavy.
and its 1000 times better then the potions or the figures
still can't decide if i should open the groudon coin or not
part of me wont to open only the Ruby coin , and leave sapphire alone

still waiting for the game , amazon said it shipped couple hours ago
so i hope it arrive in 3 days
( i don't live in the US , and there is a problem with Nintendo games arriving in my country )

Whoa. I just tried receiving a gift from the internet to just see what would happen. I assumed it would return nothing.

I got a shiny Beldum with a megastone. Is this a promotion that's currently running or how does receiving a gift from the internet exactly work?

EDIT: Never mind. Thought I was special there for a sec. >_<

I have thrown 40 Ultra Balls and freaking Registeel won't stay in!!
This is just as general PSA (as the post was made ages ago) about not going insane catching legendaries. Thats the odds for you. Dusk balls are much better ultra balls (but only at night or dark caves) but you're still fighting low chances.

Best things to do are to put it to sleep (sleep is much better than paralyze for increasing odds) and have catching o-power level 3 active.

There is also those of us mad enough to catch them in Luxury balls...wallet am cry indeed.

So it looks like Gamefreak did something interesting with the Meteor Falls section of the game:
instead of the battles being in 3D and the overworld being in 2D, they switched it around. Weird!
In XY a few dungeons were like that too. If you're not using an OG 3DS you have no clue when though :( (as the OG 3DS the 3D light tells you when 3D is possible).

Espada

Man, I'm on the verge of dropping Kirlia and Lombre. Both are irritatingly frail, and to make matters worse their moves are weak as hell. They're also making it more difficult to level my team since they require so much babying.

Speaking of leveling, I don't know where to level in the Mauville area. I've fought all the trainers and the wild pokemon are at a way lower level than my team (and thus yield very little exp).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man, I'm on the verge of dropping Kirlia and Lombre. Both are irritatingly frail, and to make matters worse their moves are weak as hell. They're also making it more difficult to level my team since they require so much babying.

Speaking of leveling, I don't know where to level in the Mauville area. I've fought all the trainers and the wild pokemon are at a way lower level than my team (and thus yield very little exp).
But Kiria learns Psychic soon, right?

Top Bottom