• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hyunashi

Can I KO Groudon and catch him later? I wanna catch him using a normal Pokeball but its taking forever right now and would prefer to build a team suited to catch him...

No way Mauville is worse than Lumiose. It doesn't disorient you with bad 3D constantly so it's quite easy to figure out. It's a giant square...

Yeah, I saw someone say that it was just like Lumiose a few days ago and I got scared and then when I got there I saw that it was a super easy to figure out square. I like the change, makes the city feel more unique.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Can I KO Groudon and catch him later? I wanna catch him using a normal Pokeball but its taking forever right now and would prefer to build a team suited to catch him...

From what I've heard: he does show back up after E4 if you faint him during the story.

spiritfox

Eh, the Safari Zone is now just a normal zone. Not sure how I feel about this. Won't miss the mechanics for sure, but it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Espada

But Kiria learns Psychic soon, right?
When? Kirlia's problem is that it's frail, so its inability to do damage is getting it KO'd by things way lower than it.

My Kirlia is 21, BTW. It learns Psychic @ level 30. I just looked at this thing's base stats and they're appalling. No wonder I've been having so much trouble.

Ugh it sure seems like it, Awful.

Actually, it seems like all of the status effects are insanely effective in this game.

Yeah, once I caught the pokemon just outside of Slateport I left that place alone. Paralysis triggers 90% if they either have a move that may inflict it or an ability that does the same. Incredibly annoying. And yeah, confusion is worse than I remember it.

Robin64

Serebii has this tiny picture of Shiny Primal Groudon. It's badass!

383-m.png

HardRojo

Are you kidding me? Can someone please explain to me how a 2014 remake of Hoenn is worse in many aspects than a 3rd version from 2004?

"Original Safari Zone in R/S/E was too complicated and required lots of exploration, we didn't want newcomers to feel frustrated by it" is what I'd expect to hear from GF to be honest.

Are you kidding me? Can someone please explain to me how a 2014 remake of Hoenn is worse in many aspects than a 3rd version from 2004?

Hey, the fact that this game seems to be less content-rich than Emerald is a significant problem, but the Safari Zone is not part of that. Taking away the old, unintuitive Safari Zone mechanics is only a positive.

I can only use my phone to take a picture but its basically black and gold. Same with Kyogre. The vomit yellow Shiny Groudon is a crap colour however hahah

Here is a video of them all battling in shiny form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1tN__dB8EE

Kyogre looks like an orca now, which is amazing. And the spectacle from their evolution animations and signature moves... I never imagined Pokemon would look this good.

Just a few years back we were still stuck with this garbage.

604.gif

Hey, the fact that this game seems to be less content-rich than Emerald is a significant problem, but the Safari Zone is not part of that. Taking away the old, unintuitive Safari Zone mechanics is only a positive.

From the sound of it they might as well have removed the place entirely and moved its Pokemon to different routes.

spiritfox

Is Solar Beam the only TM in the Safari Zone that (post-game spoilers)
can only be gotten before you get both bikes?

I need my Energy Ball.

am_dragon

From what I've heard: he does show back up after E4 if you faint him during the story.

Thank you very much, came here just for this. My son's birthday is today and he just came down stairs VERY upset because he misjudged and killed Groudon. He did not want to start over.

He saved after because you could battle the legendary again in X and Y and that was his first Pokemon game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamnit I really wish that you get a dawn stone early in this game because kirlia is a passenger right now.

I already have a gallade all IV'd and EV'd up from XY anyway, but goddamnit I will get this kirlia evolved even if it kills me!

MicH

Is Solar Beam the only TM in the Safari Zone that (post-game spoilers)
can only be gotten before you get both bikes?

I need my Energy Ball.
You can get Solar Beam with the Mach bike I think. You need
both bikes
to get Energy Ball

Panzon

After 8 SRs I'm just gonna stick with this Timid Latias (thank you based Synchronise):

HP - 30

Att- 4,5,6

Def- 30

Sp. Def- 30,31

Sp. Att - 31

Spd - 30,31

Not bad at all imo and I wasnt gonna run a physical set on Latias anyway. Already EV training it to max speed but not yet sure how I should cover the rest. Do I go go all put attacker or actually put some bulk on her. Decisions, decisions...

spiritfox

You can get Solar Beam with the Mach bike I think. You need
both bikes
to get Energy Ball

Sigh. I guess my Modest Sceptile will have to remain physical based for now. >.<

A physical MSceptile is actually pretty interesting. It's a shame to lose the 145 base SpA, but Sceptile gets so many useful physical moves and Swords Dance, and 110 Attack is not that bad. Don't know if it's worth the Mega slot though.

edit: Actually, where's the best place to farm Heart Scales before the E4?

HardRojo

Yep, indeed I did!

Just reset the game - I'm going to try for a better one. >_<

Edit: Aaaaaaand my second attempt has a 0/1/2 IV speed. I think the game is just trolling me at this point.

And that is the reason I believe IVs are stupid but oh well, I won't keep bringing it up because I know GF won't take them out of future games.

MicH

Sigh. I guess my Modest Sceptile will have to remain physical based for now. >.<

A physical MSceptile is actually pretty interesting. It's a shame to lose the 145 base SpA, but Sceptile gets so many useful physical moves and Swords Dance, and 110 Attack is not that bad. Don't know if it's worth the Mega slot though.

edit: Actually, where's the best place to farm Heart Scales before the E4?
You can get Grass Knot in Fortree if that helps :p Otherwise physical Sceptile can be pretty good. You can buy Power-Up Punch which I think he can learn, and you can get Dragon Claw just before the E4

An example of why having tweets set to auto is a bad plan:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/536519540021411840
Today’s the day! Head to @Nintendo_World with Ruby or Sapphire GBA games and you will receive either #OmegaRuby or #AlphaSapphire for free!
There were 250 given out and the line was already over 150 long at 4am.

Took me 20 mins to do the Sootopolis Gym puzzle without a guide. Was quite enjoyable.
Did you walk diagonally?

Namikaze1

Finished the Delta Episode. Rayquaza was surprisingly easy to catch. Took me just two Ultra Balls. As for Deoxys, I threw the damn Master Ball at it.

Spoilers
Went with Totodile for my Johto starter since I got a Cyndaquill from a Wonder Trade in X.

Top Bottom