• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I wonder if I still have the Dodrio I used in RSE to Master all the contests...

contests seem a bit more trickier this time around :/ i usually just went with pokemon that had random moves to win contests but it seems this time around there needs to be some thought put in

the spectacular moves are pretty rad reminds me of the anime lol

also can i say that attract in contests are bs if an opponent goes first? (getting nerved and losing out on a move is really crippling)

Why is a battle girl in an Electric gym.

Glad I was not the only one who noticed. Did not even use Electric moves
because I one shotted her

Can anyone help me trade evolve 4 pokemon from my Y game, Electabuzz, Magmar, Shelmet, and Karrablast. Was planning on evolving them so I could pokebank to Alpha. Toss a PM if anyone can help.
asked in the X and Y thread but seems like its deserted now.

cvxfreak

Just finished Episode Delta in Alpha Sapphire and I was seriously impressed with this entire game. I poured over 400 hours across various versions of the original, so I've always had a preference for Gen III (and II) above others.

This remake truly hit the spot -- it feels familiar enough to the originals, yet we can experience the environments of Hoenn in ways not previously possible without a transition into true 3D. The changes to some of the environments, such as the gyms and a few of the towns, were also very well done and well-integrated into the world. It's a large leap, and I thought HeartGold/SoulSilver were pretty gigantic for this series.

I can't wait to see how remakes of Diamond/Pearl turn out in 2019. :p

Just finished Episode Delta in Alpha Sapphire and I was seriously impressed with this entire game. I poured over 400 hours across various versions of the original, so I've always had a preference for Gen III (and II) above others.

This remake truly hit the spot -- it feels familiar enough to the originals, yet we can experience the environments of Hoenn in ways not previously possible without a transition into true 3D. The changes to some of the environments, such as the gyms and a few of the towns, were also very well done and well-integrated into the world. It's a large leap, and I thought HeartGold/SoulSilver were pretty gigantic for this series.

I can't wait to see how remakes of Diamond/Pearl turn out in 2019. :p
As a European who also poured over 400 hours playing RSE your post doesn't help the wait. :p

hnnng friday come here

The Lamp

On my way to the first gym and I already know I like this better than Y
because Hoenn is an infinitely better region with better pacing and music and wild Pokémon

It's weird to see Hoenn at night.

With the missing post game content, though, I guess HGSS is still the king of remakes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That Cosplay Pikachu is so cute! In Y this little creature quickly became a permanent member of my party, despite never liking him much before, and it seems the same will happen now.

I'm on Mauville City now, time to wreck the third gym!

DaBoss

Without SRing:

Latios - (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 24 - 26
Def: 31
SpA: 14 - 16
SpD: 31
Speed: 0 - 3

But it comes in a Poke Ball, and I don't really know if I want to bother with SRing one. I would rather SR the Eon Ticket one.

After 8 SRs I'm just gonna stick with this Timid Latias (thank you based Synchronise):

HP - 30

Att- 4,5,6

Def- 30

Sp. Def- 30,31

Sp. Att - 31

Spd - 30,31

Not bad at all imo and I wasnt gonna run a physical set on Latias anyway. Already EV training it to max speed but not yet sure how I should cover the rest. Do I go go all put attacker or actually put some bulk on her. Decisions, decisions...

Oh wow, that was a great Latias you go!

Just started the game, first impressions
-GBA opening kinda surprised me
-May's animations are wonderful
-Treecko is GOAT grass starter, mine has Adamant nature, not bad

Skii

After 8 SRs I'm just gonna stick with this Timid Latias (thank you based Synchronise):

HP - 30

Att- 4,5,6

Def- 30

Sp. Def- 30,31

Sp. Att - 31

Spd - 30,31

Not bad at all imo and I wasnt gonna run a physical set on Latias anyway. Already EV training it to max speed but not yet sure how I should cover the rest. Do I go go all put attacker or actually put some bulk on her. Decisions, decisions...

That's a brilliant spread. Check what HP it is. Fire is usually a good one on Latias IIRC.

Have they made it easier (again) to get perfect IV Pokemon in ORAS?

Kilvin

So Shiny Groudon, do I just save before the encounter and keep soft resetting until he's Shiny?

Haven't went for a Shiny legendary before but that Groudon is just too awesome.

Has anyone figured out the differences between medals in routes on the Dex Nav? I have a couple of gold medals, but also several bronze ones.

Should be similar to B2/W2's Habitat List.

Bronze is capturing everything in the grass but not in the water (cause you can't surf/fish yet).

Gold is capturing everything you can in the area. That's why you can get gold in places like the tunnel or the forest cause there's no water.

They really botched the Pokemon rosters for trainers. It's all so boring and weak.

Team Magma is a land focused organisation, they have so many Pokemon to choose from and the only thing they use are Poochyena.

Aqua has so many water types to choose from and I imagine they still use the crappy Sapphire line up.

Then we have the Gym Leaders who are weaker and use their crappy R/S line ups instead of Emerald. Do you understand how lame it is to see Wattson use an all Kanto team? I'm going to hate fighting Tate and Liza knowing that they could have been more entertaining with a double battle than freaking Solrock and Lunatone.

And then there's regular trainers who are stuck using first stage Pokemon even in East Hoenn.

I really don't understand why they decided to keep the rosters like this.

Thanks to the DexNav, Feebas is easy to find now.

Oh my god I remember young me playing for two days straight, I was so happy when I finally caught one!!! That was harder than breeding a perfect IV pokemon, hardest pokemon I ever caught by far

That's a brilliant spread. Check what HP it is. Fire is usually a good one on Latias IIRC.

Have they made it easier (again) to get perfect IV Pokemon in ORAS?

I assume that it's the same as X/Y, where the legendaries are guaranteed 3 perfect IV's

And Grows

Neo Member
I posted this a few pages ago, but does anybody have a Kadabra they would trade with me? Not being able to use this Alakazite is driving me nuts. I don't have much to offer, this is the first Pokemon game I've played in like five years. And if somebody has a Water Stone too, that'd be amazing. My life needs a Ludicolo in it.

Ondore

I've been trying to breed some dudes to refresh them for the run and I have gotten TWENTY consecutive females when I need a male on 50/50 odds (Ralts and Poochenya).

Taking a break so the RNG can unscrew itself.

Played today until 7AM here, then slept for 3 hours to get ready for a birthday. Came back from the birthday and almost got hit by a car, making my 3DS fly a couple of meters. The dude in the car was all like "oh shit man, sorry, I'm really sorry, it was my fault, are you ok, etc etc". I just replied "I'm fine, but if my console is broken we'll have to talk".

Luckily everything was ok, only a couple of scratches on the underside of the 3DS.

Azuran

Banned
Just started the game, first impressions
-GBA opening kinda surprised me
-May's animations are wonderful
-Treecko is GOAT grass starter, mine has Adamant nature, not bad

Yup. I thought the game was going to be in 2D with sprites for some reason. Nostalgia gets in the way of logic sometimes.

They are. May is the best female character in the series. Suck it Brendan.

#TeamTreecko for life!
I can't stand seeing Blaziken ever again after playing XY online

Played today until 7AM here, then slept for 3 hours to get ready for a birthday. Came back from the birthday and almost got hit by a car, making my 3DS fly a couple of meters. The dude in the car was all like "oh shit man, sorry, I'm really sorry, it was my fault, are you ok, etc etc". I just replied "I'm fine, but if my console is broken we'll have to talk".

Luckily everything was ok, only a couple of scratches on the underside of the 3DS.
Did you max your 3DS's defense EVs?

im sorry ill leave

Skii

I assume that it's the same as X/Y, where the legendaries are guaranteed 3 perfect IV's

Oh yeah, I know that. I meant, have they added any new mechanics that allows you to get perfect IV Pokemon quickly?

In X/Y, you had the Pokemon from the Friends safari having 2 perfect IVs, genderless Pokemon having a guaranteed perfect 2 IVs, Legendaries having a guaranteed perfect 3 IVs as well as a revamp to the passing down of IVs when breeding. Was just wondering if they've added anymore mechanics as I haven't really kept up to date with ORAS news.

Azuran

Banned
Oh yeah, I know that. I meant, have they added any new mechanics that allows you to get perfect IV Pokemon quickly?

In X/Y, you had the Pokemon from the Friends safari having 2 perfect IVs, genderless Pokemon having a guaranteed perfect 2 IVs, Legendaries having a guaranteed perfect 3 IVs as well as a revamp to the passing down of IVs when breeding. Was just wondering if they've added anymore mechanics as I haven't really kept up to date with ORAS news.

You can get Pokemon with 3 perfect IVs (stars under potential) if you keep leveling up your DexNav search level for a specific Pokemon.

Certainly more useful than a Friend Safari if you get around to do it for every catchable Pokemon out there.

They really botched the Pokemon rosters for trainers. It's all so boring and weak.

Team Magma is a land focused organisation, they have so many Pokemon to choose from and the only thing they use are Poochyena.

Aqua has so many water types to choose from and I imagine they still use the crappy Sapphire line up.

Then we have the Gym Leaders who are weaker and use their crappy R/S line ups instead of Emerald. Do you understand how lame it is to see Wattson use an all Kanto team? I'm going to hate fighting Tate and Liza knowing that they could have been more entertaining with a double battle than freaking Solrock and Lunatone.

And then there's regular trainers who are stuck using first stage Pokemon even in East Hoenn.

I really don't understand why they decided to keep the rosters like this.

Yeah, I find it weird that they just cherry picked stuff from Emerald to incorporate (Johto Starters in post game, Gym Leader rematches) instead of using the third version's content as the basis of the remake and just adapting the version exclusive stuff for the two versions like they did with HG/SS. I hate double battles, and I still have to concede that the Tate & Liza battle in Emerald was one of the more interesting gym battles to come out of the series. Shame to know it's not in.

So Shiny Groudon, do I just save before the encounter and keep soft resetting until he's Shiny?

Haven't went for a Shiny legendary before but that Groudon is just too awesome.
It is very likely that it is shiny locked (meaning it can not be shiny) as the cover legendaries in BW and XY were. As for alternatives, RNG in Gen III and Gen IV or keep an eye out for such on GTS. If a Gen III cartridge has run out of juice (meaning time based events no longer work) the random seed is fixed.

Shroomish. It learns stun spore, spore, and false swipe
Note that it is imperative that Shroomish learns spore (level 40) before it evolves into Breloom and never forgets it as Breloom can not learn Spore.

I posted this a few pages ago, but does anybody have a Kadabra they would trade with me? Not being able to use this Alakazite is driving me nuts.
You could always use GTS here. Put up a Kadabra and ask for an Alakazam (type in via what Pokemon if you've not seen one) or a Kadabra in return (this runs the slight risk of being trolled with one holding an everstone...though I believe Gen VI stopped that from happening).

proof maybe that Legends are finally not shiny locked?
1416679310257.jpg

Top Bottom