• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Corgi

Banned
how is exp share in this game? In terms of balance.

Loved it in XY but hated how the game isn't scaled for exp share usage.

Damn this DexNav. This is the first time I've actually bothered catching lots of Pokemon, and looking for a Minun in Route 110 is infuriating. Has anyone had any success in Alpha Sapphire?

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn this DexNav. This is the first time I've actually bothered catching lots of Pokemon, and looking for a Minun in Route 110 is infuriating. Has anyone had any success in Alpha Sapphire?

Use Sweet Scent to find Plusle hordes, which will occasionally have Minun in them. I found that was easier, plus it increases your DexNav levels for Plusle and Magnemite really fast.

Oddish on the same route has Sweet Scent if you don't have it.

cafemomo

went exploring around the mini mall and saw this
4cqTPhY.jpg

God, I love the little details GF put in this game

I blame you euros for getting the game corner removed

Okay, tested hoard training in this game. Weather does not affect Sweet Scent anymore. Hooray! 100% chance of hoards for that EV appearing:

Speed: Route 104
Attack: Mt. Pyre, inside
Def: Route 111
Sp.A: Route 119
Sp.D: Route 115
HP: That cave in Verdanturf town

So yeah, it's even better than XY. No Sturdy to deal with either. Pretty happy with EV training speed now.

Okay, tested hoard training in this game. Weather does not affect Sweet Scent anymore. Hooray! 100% chance of hoards for that EV appearing:

So yeah, it's even better than XY. No Sturdy to deal with either. Pretty happy with EV training speed now.

Nice! This will be pretty convenient. I never had any sort of qualms with XY speed, so this is just a boon.

Looks like it's going to be easier to horde iv train, awesome.

Hooray! Never done a swarm battle before, caught a Minun at long last.

What does this mean? I encountered a swarm of Magnemite and two of them had Sturdy.

Crayolan

I just got to Mauville recently and what the hell happened? It's not even a city anymore. It's more like a half mall half apartment complex. It just feels so out of place, if they were going to expand any city I feel like Slateport would've been a better fit.

went exploring around the mini mall and saw this
4cqTPhY.jpg

Made me kind of sad when I found this, but it was a really nice detail for them to add.

What does this mean? I encountered a swarm of Magnemite and two of them had Sturdy.
None of the hoardes I listed in that post have Sturdy so you don't have to deal with it when EV Training.

Whereas in XY you sometimes had to deal with that when training for Defense so if you didn't have a Mold Breaker mon you could get annoyed quickly.

SeZMehK

Damn, I've been WT-ing for awhile and still haven't received anything to swap in. :/

Edit: I just got a totodile with DD and ice punch... but I have my Milotic... >.<

DaBoss

There is trick that i hope they will never change: You can trade with yourself on the GTS.
What do you mean by that? Is it like a normal GTS trade or is there some sort of trick?

I want to trade in all of my battle items and mega stones (I know you can get all of them in ORAS).

SeZMehK

What do you mean by that? Is it like a normal GTS trade or is there some sort of trick?

I want to trade in all of my battle items and mega stones (I know you can get all of them in ORAS).

I wish I didn't sell my other 3DS now...

Does the Diancie event still happen if you use the bank to transfer her?

Does this have the annoying Soccer Balloon Training from Pokemon X/Y? I hated that shit so much, because as a first time Pokemon player, I didn't understand it at all. I want my Pokemon to be at their strongest, but having to grind the Soccer Balloons (that's what I call them, don't judge me) along with the usual levels and shit was too much.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does this have the annoying Soccer Balloon Training from Pokemon X/Y? I hated that shit so much, because as a first time Pokemon player, I didn't understand it at all. I want my Pokemon to be at their strongest, but having to grind the Soccer Balloons (that's what I call them, don't judge me) along with the usual levels and shit was too much.
Yes

Just look up EV training guides if you don't want to use Super Training as they pretty much have the same results just different methods.

Crayolan

Super Training is completely unnecessary for the main game, just don't bother with it.

SoulUnison

Banned

Super Training would be a fun alternative to Horde Training when you're feeling burnt out or something if only the gains were better. It's just so slow the way it is now that it gets monotonous and frustrating really fast.

TheMink

The pokebank is an easy way to send pokemons from one game to another without having two 3DSes. You can't send items, though. And yes, you can also use the bank to keep your pokemon, if your ingame boxes are full.

About the iOS pokedex, I don't know one, sorry.

Ty

Having my Roserade with Petal Blizzard absolutely wrecks every water pokemon in the way. One shotted Mega Sharpedo even being 2 levels lower.

edit: Yay, Kyogre in a Premier Ball. Got it on my last ball lol.

Seil

Exp. Share does not magically make the game significantly easier. It's a Pokemon game...

All I needed were Sceptile and Sharpedo. The old Exp. Share would've had the same results in that situation. The games are only ever really difficult if you either go in without really knowing what you're doing, or because you self-impose rules to make it so. Not really sure what people are expecting or why they're expecting it lol.

Exp. Share does not magically make the game significantly easier. It's a Pokemon game...

All I needed were Sceptile and Sharpedo. The old Exp. Share would've had the same results in that situation. The games are only ever really difficult if you either go in without really knowing what you're doing, or because you self-impose rules to make it so. Not really sure what people are expecting or why they're expecting it lol.
If you raised 6 Pokemon evenly in past Pokemon games then the games were generally a good difficulty, not too easy but not too hard as long as you didn't skip a lot of battles.

Otherwise yeah, the games are really easy if you raise even 5 instead of 6.

one_kill

Wooo I finally got my 3DS so I can start playing. My first impression is that ORAS looks better than XY.

I'm going to use a new set of Pokemon just for fun and maybe try making a living dex after the story.

Ondore

I posted something earlier about how I couldn't get a male Pokemon out of 50/50 gender ratios for twenty straight eggs... now I'm at 32.

When does gender get determined in breeding so I know when to save? This is SERIOUSLY pissing me off.

I posted something earlier about how I couldn't get a male Pokemon out of 50/50 gender ratios for twenty straight eggs... now I'm at 32.

When does gender get determined in breeding so I know when to save? This is SERIOUSLY pissing me off.
Gender is determined when the egg is generated which is when you grab the egg from the daycare man/boy.

Carl7

Normal trade, put a pokemon that you can spare on the GTS and ask for the pokemon you want to transfer, then give the item you want to pokemon you are sending to oras and enjoy.

Vena

Otherwise yeah, the games are really easy if you raise even 5 instead of 6.

The starters would almost always end up overleveling the games for my games. Main game has never been hard, more of just a story to walk through while building a team.

I do hope there is an actual World Series or Frontier in this though, somewhere. :p

Top Bottom