• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Yrael

I gave up on getting a good Latias last night, but I'll try again later today. At least I have a Ralts with Timid and Synchronize.

...Now the painful memories have flooded surfed back to me. Thanks a lot.

Fixed that one for you. :)

Edit: Also cross-posting from X/Y:

Does anyone have a shiny Gengar code that they could please spare? :) (Aussie here.) I have a selection of shinies that I could trade for it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone else not really digging the soundtrack? I've loved every Pokemon game OST up from the original until sixth gen, including RSE but this one sounds really off to me. Like it's lost in that place between nostalgia and full remake.

Anyone else not really digging the soundtrack? I've loved every Pokemon game OST up from the original until sixth gen, including RSE but this one sounds really off to me. Like it's lost in that place between nostalgia and full remake.
It's very hit and miss for me. Some tracks really come out flat in comparison to the original.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
All this talk about gen 4 kinda makes me want to spend $90 to grab a sealed copy of Platinum. Don't know if I should.

So... I'm basically hunting for all the legendaries and now I'm trying for the Johto dogs. I have both Lugia and Ho-Oh in my party, and Trackless Forest is available, but nothing is coming out of that ring. Am I missing something?

Caladrius

All this talk about gen 4 kinda makes me want to spend $90 to grab a sealed copy of Platinum. Don't know if I should.

As great as Platinum is, I wouldn't pay 90$ for a Pokemon game.
Of course I did pay 70$ for import copies of Platinum and White on release that I couldn't even read, so don't pay me too much mind.

Find it used for a more reasonable price.

Only remix I'm down on so far is the Aqua Encounter theme. That one really lost its fangs.

FFS Wally, did you hear me say "yes" before you
dragged me all the way to Mauville
?

Also, they could've used a better choice of music when you
defeated Norman,
it could've been a great emotional moment.

Anyway, time to scout every single piece of water so far.

Azuran

Banned
I still have my Pokemon X unplayed. Should I play that first or play this one?

More people will probably say this one since it's newer, but X is pretty good too. The best thing about it is that there's a larger pool of Pokemon to choose from during the story. Going back to Hoenn and being stuck with a small regional dex feels like such a step back. :/

I actually like the restricted selection. I personally thought XY's Pokemon selection was TOO overwhelming in that I couldn't really decided on who to go with and kept changing my team constantly throughout, and I didn't like that a whole lot.

Ezalc

If anyone need a PAL Diancie code I think I am going to layoff trading for a while and have like 10 5 extra I don't need.

Does this really not work with US games? I tried going to the store near me while it was going on but they said they were out of codes :/

Rnr1224

the theme for this is in the 3ds theme shop. anyone try it out?

and I am loving this game so far. I am taking it slow and only have 3 badges so far but i am totally loving it. The nostalgia is overwhelming sometimes!

Every single time that I put the Go-Goggles on I feel like singing:

"I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize
What you do to me..."

SoulUnison

Banned
The map feature for the berries actually make the berry system tolerable.

If only dialog boxes were truncated and more responsive.

I hate having to listen to a jingle and click through a couple text boxe every time I pick berries, two dialog boxes asking me/reminding me that I'm about to plant a berry, and I hate needing to be asked and to confirm if I want to use the Watering Can every time I go to plant them.

It's almost as bad as all the redundant dialog boxes during battle.

When a Mon is poisoned, I know because it says "POISONED" next to its HP bar. Don't pull the camera back, play the poison animation, remove HP from the bar, tell me "<BLANK> was hurt by poison!" and push the camera back in EVERY SINGLE TURN. Similarly: weather, confusion, paralysis, etc..

SoulUnison

Banned
So why did the demo call the male character Orlando? His name is Brendan. So odd

I believe it's a reference to the Kennedy Space Center, about an hour outside of Orlando, Florida, which it's associated with.

The demo and Ruby/Sapphire have a minor space theme running through them.

I think "Orlando" already has precedent as a boy's name, while "Canaveral" doesn't hit the ear right and "Kennedy" might not be recognizable in the right way i.e. politically.

Bought this and poke bank. I literally know nothing about the bank. It holds my Pokemon :p?

The pokebank is an easy way to send pokemons from one game to another without having two 3DSes. You can't send items, though. And yes, you can also use the bank to keep your pokemon, if your ingame boxes are full.

About the iOS pokedex, I don't know one, sorry.

v1lla21

Guys I finally got the game! First pokemon game since Platinum.

P9AVWkV.jpg

The pokebank is an easy way to send pokemons from one game to another without having two 3DSes. You can't send items, though. And yes, you can also use the bank to keep your pokemon, if your ingame boxes are full.
Actually, all mons that you know you won't touch in like forever should be in the bank to increase the rate of BP gain. Bank gives you a lot of BP if you have a lot of mons stored in it and that eventually saves a lot of time grinding.

Top Bottom