• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

celebi23

Anyone else annoyed with the automatic warps to certain places after a major story part finished? An example was May wanting to head back to Mauville. I mean, come on, I can get back there myself >_< It was kinda ehh after the 1st time but, when it's the 4th or 5th time, it get's pretty annoying. Takes some of the fun/adventuring out of the game. Definitely hand-holding. My one major gripe with the game.

comic347.png

XY kinda took the excitement out of shinies.

Said it earlier in this thread, new Mauville City just doesn't fit in with the theme of the rest of the game, ORAS is all about nature and the towns are usually a part of the environment around it. new Mauville just sticks out like a sore thumb and breaks the immersion when you just have a giant building in the middle of the map.

Also, does anyone know where to catch Tropius? Is it still on Route 119 cause the DexNav is showing nothing.

the mauville does fit in with "tha lore" though. Wattson apparently makes a hobby of modernizing the city, which wasn't really reflected in the original. That said, I agree it feels really out of place.

Had the game since friday but didnt start yet. been playing smash and work. Got a question though when can I access pokemon bank? Wanna play through the game with my shiny vulpix I hatched in X/Y.

the mauville does fit in with "tha lore" though. Wattson apparently makes a hobby of modernizing the city, which wasn't really reflected in the original. That said, I agree it feels really out of place.

Theres ways to modernize a city without turning it into a giant building though :(
I mean they could just take Rustburo and glamorize it a bit more.

Also anyone else feel like they've nerfed encounter rates? I've never been able to run through a cave or field of grass without atleast 1 or 2 encounters now I can get by and its like I have repel on.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Now that it's been 3 days(Roughly), what would everyone say if you're someone who bought X and kind of disappointed by the way the series is going but is still interested in it? I'm interested in getting it no doubt, but It's between buying it now/waiting for it as a Christmas/Birthday Gift. With that in mind, should I pick it up or just wait?

okay, please keep in mind this is my opinion.

I was in a big hype back when X/Y got released. I was living in tokyo, could not wait for those games and on the release date I waited at 7 o'clock at the pkmn center.
But even with that kind of hype I was so disappointed in the games that I never played them further than the 3 badge. I liked the pokemon, the writing..but the "flow" of the game was just not mine.

Now, I played the first two hours of sapphire and I love it. For me it is better than X/Y and definitely a must buy.

you know what, I already have a 6iv shiny Breloom lying around. Does anybody have a semi-viable Shiny they'd like to trade for a 6iv Adamant Poison Heal shiny male Shroomish named Strawhat? evolves into this adorable bastard but you shouldn't do that shit until lv. 40 when Shroomish learns Spore.

also, has anybody else been rotating teams in this game? I'm finding it super easy to do not just because of EXP share but because as I use Dexnav and backtrack I rematch all the trainers and they are up for rematches quickly as hell in this game. Plus I had all those leftover babies in my Bank. So now my whole team looks like this (and most have great IVs and natures/egg moves) -

yet to be used (still under lvl 5) - Klefki, Bulbasaur, Wurmple, Skitty, that Shroomish, Aron, Hoppip, Zigzagoon, Seedot

in rotation atm (all of these are either at level 15 or in my current party being trained to that point as we speak) - Mudkip, Taillow, Beldum, Poochyena, Slakoth, Larvitar, Pichu, Noibat, Snubbull, Vaporeon (shiny), Klefki, Croagunk (shiny), Swinub, Ducklett, Pawniard, Absol (shiny), Cottonee, Flabebe, Gible, Zorua, Heracross, Marill, Nincada, Lotad, Ralts, Mawile

Honestly I can't get enough of playing like this, it really helps for more variety and balances out the game's challenge a bit

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, weird. Is the
Jirachi
tease in the Aqua hideout in the original, or is it new? Is it hinting at something?

Ok, testing secret base QR stuff.

Tegkw.jpg

See if this works. My base is south of the Safari Zone entrance. My team at the time is Roserade, Swampert, Gallade, Magcargo, Skarmory, Metagross if you want to secret pal me.

Anyone else annoyed with the automatic warps to certain places after a major story part finished? An example was May wanting to head back to Mauville. I mean, come on, I can get back there myself >_< It was kinda ehh after the 1st time but, when it's the 4th or 5th time, it get's pretty annoying. Takes some of the fun/adventuring out of the game. Definitely hand-holding. My one major gripe with the game.

Can't you decline?

If so, nothing wrong with options.

DexNav makes me want to collect Hidden Abilities for everything in a way that even Friend Safari (and definitely not hordes, getting those HA were a pain in the ass) didn't.

Jintor

Yo can anyone check how many d/l blocks this is for me quickly?

I want to grab Persona Q when it comes out week after next so idk if I should d/l this now.

Top Bottom