• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Illucio

Banned
went exploring around the mini mall and saw this
4cqTPhY.jpg

God, I love the little details GF put in this game

I blame you euros for getting the game corner removed

There were so many ways around this.... Why couldn't we just buy coins and win tickets instead?

I think this is just GameFreak cutting corners here... I've been noticing this a lot through this game. I'm actually very disappointed with this game so far because of it.

Corgi

Banned
If you raised 6 Pokemon evenly in past Pokemon games then the games were generally a good difficulty, not too easy but not too hard as long as you didn't skip a lot of battles.

Otherwise yeah, the games are really easy if you raise even 5 instead of 6.

true. Although I felt like black 2 gave me a pretty decent challenge when i approached that with lvling 6 pokeman.

Have they at least given gym leaders and elite 4 a bigger party than xy?

backlot

There were so many ways around this.... Why couldn't we just buy coins and win tickets instead?

I think this is just GameFreak cutting corners here... I've been noticing this a lot through this game. I'm actually very disappointed with this game so far because of it.

It kinda seems like a meta commentary or something.

true. Although I felt like black 2 gave me a pretty decent challenge when i approached that with lvling 6 pokeman.

Have they at least given gym leaders and elite 4 a bigger party than xy?
Yeah, they use RS's parties as a base, before they got obsessed with small parties. Towards the end of the game the teams are actually a little bit tougher than in the originals.

ohlawd

so I tried out Bank. This is cool. I transferred all my Ditto and Talonflame from X to AS right away. I guess if I had carts, it'd ask me to switch every time, right?

Actually, all mons that you know you won't touch in like forever should be in the bank to increase the rate of BP gain. Bank gives you a lot of BP if you have a lot of mons stored in it and that eventually saves a lot of time grinding.

I dumped a few boxes of stuff on Bank

that's it to get BP? how will I acquire my BP?

so I tried out Bank. This is cool. I transferred all my Ditto and Talonflame from X to AS right away. I guess if I had carts, it'd ask me to switch every time, right?

I dumped a few boxes of stuff on Bank

that's it to get BP? how will I acquire my BP?
You just wait a bit, though depositing more stuff always helps.

Just filling out some national dex spots in the safari zone. See my second ever Kakuna in this game pop up, think "why not", and decide to get closer. Turns out to be level 40, I find that funny for some reason and go for it. What's the harm, right? Not doing anything else tonight.

It's a shiny.
Kakuna - #014 (Naive)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 25 - 27
SpA: 13 - 14
SpD: 0 - 2
Speed: 20 - 22

I don't even care about the speed, I have a somewhat viable green Beedrill for Battle Spot and I'm going to use it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm guessing Shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross doesn't count?
It does.

shiny beldum
Half my roster (of like 20+ pokemon, thank god for EXP share) are IV breeding babies from X/Y. among them are my shiny poison heal set Shroomish (Strawhat :p), my shiny Croagunk (Vergo), shiny Noibat (Valentine), and shiny Vaporeon (Kuruk)

Has there been a gym battle where you've primarily/only used the shiny?

It does.

Has there been a gym battle where you've primarily/only used it?

Havn't really used my Shiny Beldum for gyms. Mostly as a false swiper using Hold Back and a Team Aqua killer lol. Although the team aqua killer is now my Roserade.

I have a shiny golem that I caught back in Pearl (First shiny ever) on standby once I clear the game. I'll be using my old pokemon in post-game.

Crayolan

They got rid of the "white grass turns green as you run through it" effect in route 113. :(

On the bright side the music here is fantastic.

tookhster

I'm not liking the new Mauville City. It's hurting my brain. Seems like the game just got boring for me, but I'm sure it'll pick up again once I get deep into the Team Magma stuff.

Busaiku

I dunno about the old Mauville, but this Mauville's not that complicated.
Really, there are only 2 explorable floors, so it's not that much of a maze or anything.

Kinsei

Banned
To everyone in this topic that's found a shiny: I hate you.

I've been playing since Red/Blue (Yes, I know shinies weren't introduced until G/S) and I've never found one in the wild. All of mine come from events, or from Pokemon that are guaranteed to be shiny like the Gyardos in the Lake of Rage.

Vena

I've been playing since Red/Blue (Yes, I know shinies weren't introduced until G/S) and I've never found one in the wild. All of mine come from events, or from Pokemon that are guaranteed to be shiny like the Gyardos in the Lake of Rage.

My luck with shinies is so bad that even that Gyarados wasn't shiny! :p

breeding helps
ALOT
also shiny charm

Statistically, it's very likely you've found a couple and not noticed. I know that's happened to me in RSE and GSC

...Probably shouldn't mention the almost 40 I found in Y alone, then.

Stick to chain fishing, Friend Safari (or DexNav in ORAS, if that turns out to effect the rate at all), horde battles, and Masuda Method if you really want one. Got most of my early ones from the Friend Safari during level grinding to get the national dex, but once I got the Shiny Charm they mostly started to pour in from horde battles while I was doing some EV training. Most were Whismur when I was trying to do some speed training.

one_kill

You could do chain fishing in XY

Kinsei

Banned
...Probably shouldn't mention the almost 40 I found in Y alone, then.

Stick to chain fishing, Friend Safari (or DexNav in ORAS, if that turns out to effect the rate at all), horde battles, and Masuda Method if you really want one. Got most of my early ones from the Friend Safari during level grinding to get the national dex, but once I got the Shiny Charm they mostly started to pour in from horde battles while I was doing some EV training. Most were Whismur when I was trying to do some speed training.

I spent about 20 hours in the friend safari trying to get a shiny Pumpkaboo. I must have really terrible luck.

I'm not liking the new Mauville City. It's hurting my brain. Seems like the game just got boring for me, but I'm sure it'll pick up again once I get deep into the Team Magma stuff.

Said it earlier in this thread, new Mauville City just doesn't fit in with the theme of the rest of the game, ORAS is all about nature and the towns are usually a part of the environment around it. new Mauville just sticks out like a sore thumb and breaks the immersion when you just have a giant building in the middle of the map.

Also, does anyone know where to catch Tropius? Is it still on Route 119 cause the DexNav is showing nothing.

Kinsei

Banned
Said it earlier in this thread, new Mauville City just doesn't fit in with the theme of the rest of the game, ORAS is all about nature and the towns are usually a part of the environment around it. new Mauville just sticks out like a sore thumb and breaks the immersion when you just have a giant building in the middle of the map.

Also, does anyone know where to catch Tropius? Is it still on Route 119 cause the DexNav is showing nothing.

According to Serebii it has a 15% encounter rate there.

Since this thread seems to be the hub of activity for the game, I thought it would be best to ask here:

Now that it's been 3 days(Roughly), what would everyone say if you're someone who bought X and kind of disappointed by the way the series is going but is still interested in it? I'm interested in getting it no doubt, but It's between buying it now/waiting for it as a Christmas/Birthday Gift. With that in mind, should I pick it up or just wait?

Top Bottom