• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

You can still send any item holdable by pokemon to ORAS by normal Wifi / Infrared trading if you have access to 2 3DSs (and at least one of XYORAS on each of them obviously).

You can't transfer any items that you can't have a pokemon hold.

And if you only have one 3DS and you use Pokebank to transfer between, then yes that means you can't send Megastones/etc over.
You can trough normal trades.
Through bank yes. You get those items in the game already though.

Cheers guy, it's a bit annoying but I understand why they do it. Looking forward to being able to collect every Mega though.

cafemomo

them rose petals flying across the screen
sy147aQ.jpg

JoeM86

Not surprised given they just ripped the movesets from the Battle Subway in Gen 5 for all the older Pokémon in XY as well. Game Freak has really just been phoning it in with some of their stuff :(

Well for the Maison, they did this for the purpose of compatibility with X &Y. It's hardly "phoning it in"

Kinokou

But man, challenge mode, trainer customization, and secret bases just seem to have so much utility for continuity. Crazy that they don't keep that around from game to game.

This, why can I suddenly be a gym leader in a secret base but not use my preferred XY gym leader planned outfit > <

It seems really wasted.

DedValve

Banned
the random cutting of the features in every game (or more like gen) is so bizarre and dumb.

I just want to be dark skinned again dammit :(

Why does the Maison have to be compatible with XY?
I totally forgot co-op multi battles were a thing. Getting super multi rank to 50 this time is going to be a walk in the park (basically doubles but with two mega evolutions instead of one)...shame its going to be as slow as fuck because animations are forced to be on. I guess I could always get up to ~30 using the my best multi partner then switch to a second system.

I guess maybe in Gen VII it will finally stop embarrassing itself with sets such as "I've got a flame orb but no guts half of the time".

In terms of customization being cut I can somewhat understand due to how much extra content the secret bases add in. If they were limited in cart space that is probably the only reason I can see why cutting char customization.

Question is, does all those extra secret base models and stuff eat up more space that more things had to be cut?

backlot

In terms of customization being cut I can somewhat understand due to how much extra content the secret bases add in. If they were limited in cart space that is probably the only reason I can see why cutting char customization.

Question is, does all those extra secret base models and stuff eat up more space that more things had to be cut?

Nothing was cut due to lack of cart space.

If they did something else, then sure it wouldn't be, but with the Maison they may as well.

Same reason HGSS had Platinum's Battle Frontier.

How is that not phoning it in then?

I don't think cart space is the issue. 3DS cards can hold up to 8 GB of data and ORAS only takes up about a 3rd of that. I think its more that GF didn't have the time to add everything.

Oswen

Is the bank already compatible with ORAS or do we need another update? Can i transfer everything on the go?
Mega stones have to be "manually" traded I guess, right?

backlot

Guys, where do I scan your QR codes? o_O"

You use the PC inside your secret base.

Is the bank already compatible with ORAS or do we need another update? Can i transfer everything on the go?
Mega stones have to be "manually" traded I guess, right?

There was a Bank update a week or two ago for ORAS. You can transfer all your Pokemon to Bank in one go but no hold items. You can trade your Mega Stones if you want but you can also find all the XY stones in ORAS without trading.

Playing through delta episode...

Seems like the original Hoenn is considered as a separate universe. So when they say a pokemon has travelled through space / time when transferring gens it's literal lol

Oswen

There was a Bank update a week or two ago for ORAS. You can transfer all your Pokemon to Bank in one go but no hold items. You can trade your Mega Stones if you want but you can also find all the XY stones in ORAS without trading.

All the megastones are already in? That's great, I guess I wont need to trade them over then.

I'm not to fussed about character customisation being cut seeing as it is a remake and I kinda want to play through with the original character but Game Freak absolutely awful for feature stripping across generations. Why did they take hard mode out? Why did they take the Vs. Seeker out? Why is there no Battle Frontier?

Why did they take the Vs. Seeker out?

Because it's integrated into the map module on the lower screen. Tap it to bring up the map, choose "trainers" and it'll tell you what trainers on each route are ready to battle you again. It also shows an icon on the top of the map if you're in an area with battle ready trainers.

I'm not to fussed about character customisation being cut seeing as it is a remake and I kinda want to play through with the original character but Game Freak absolutely awful for feature stripping across generations. Why did they take hard mode out? Why did they take the Vs. Seeker out? Why is there no Battle Frontier?
What would be stopping you from playing as the original character in their default design if customisation was included? Nothing stopped you in X/Y.

Azuran

Banned
No more Hoenn pls. I already played through this region three times. I hope they go back to Kalos and refine that region even more in the next game.

No more Hoenn pls. I already played through this region three times. I hope they go back to Kalos and refine that region even more in the next game.

I'm fine with Kalos if they explain that in the meantime while we were playing ORAS a meteor fell and completely destroyed Lumiose, leaving behind only a huge crater. Then I could enjoy the game.

The city is already a circle, half of the work is already done. Just put a meteor there and bam!

Kinsei

Banned

I'd like another Kalos game too, but I hope that instead of going to Kiloude for the battle Maison, we take a ship to the Battle Resort with a finished battle frontier.

cafemomo

Kalos left such a bad taste in my mouth. More so than Sinnoh, hell at this point I'd rather see Sinnoh than Kalos. And I loathed DPPt
A small studio that can get help from Nintendo's many studios.

maybe they'll outsource the next version to scamco

can't wait to pay $4.99 for a pokemball

Takashi

I remember this was also in X/Y but I'm not a fan of the Pokeballs being lumped together with the rest of the items. Makes it much more cluttered to scroll through.

Top Bottom