• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Okay, I have my breeding items and I've transferred my 6IV Ditto.

I guess I'll start my first ORAS breeding project. Pretty awesome that the IV checker and the daycare are in one place now.

I think I'll do a Mega Altaria. No idea what set I'll go with yet.

MicH

I've thrown 30 Luxury balls and 20 timer balls on this darn Mespirit. It has like 5 HP and is paralyzed

Why

EDIT: 21st timer ball got it. My god. Let's hope it's good :(

EDIT 2: Bashful. Ugh

Tiamant

How hard will be to play this without relying on megas?

I managed to do well in X/Y but it looks like this time they're even more broken and I really don't want to use them.

Wanace

How hard will be to play this without relying on megas?

I managed to do well in X/Y but it looks like this time they're even more broken and I really don't want to use them.

I beat the game without mega-evolving once. It's super easy.

I didn't do it out of any kind of negative thoughts about megas, I just wanted to beat the game as quickly as possible and the mega evolution animation is too long. :p

I'll definitely be using megas competitively. I don't think they're "broken" at all, unless you want to call the core game "broken" for being way too easy.

ZeroX03

Banned
What's my best option for a Pokedex on iOS? I'm using Serebii at the moment but it isn't mobile optimized and Bulbapedia is full of fluff.

I've thrown 30 Luxury balls and 20 timer balls on this darn Mespirit. It has like 5 HP and is paralyzed

Why

EDIT: 21st timer ball got it. My god. Let's hope it's good :(

EDIT 2: Bashful. Ugh
At low HP and paralyzed luxury balls are a matter of a 1.6% chance. At least use sleep...that way it is 2% :p (Breloom, Smeargle or Watchog are my choices here, former two have spore access latter one has super fang but it stuck with hypnosis).

Multiply by 4 if after turn 40 for the timer ball. 8% is still depressing odds though.

Sychronise doesn't work when you want it to...

Of course those odds don't factor in catching power...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jesus fucking christ.

Got the
eon flute and riding mega latias
gave me one of the biggest fucking goofy grins I've had in a awhile. So good. Reminded me why I fell in love with pokemon in the first place.

Love this game.

Jesus fucking christ.

Got the
eon flux and riding mega latias
gave me the biggest fucking goofy grins I've had in a awhile. So good. Reminded me why I fell in love with pokemon in the first place.

Love this game.

Aeon2.jpg

But yeah, it's pretty cool. I never use Fly anymore.

MicH

Oh wow, you can actually get more Mirage Islands just by going online and meet passerbys. I just found three new islands and found two TMs! Substitute and Poison Jab. So weird how they are found on mirage islands. Is it all up to luck?

Also Brains & Brawn are the best combo of trainer types :lol

khaaan

Is it possible to transfer my Pokemon from X/Y to Ruby/Sapphire if the games are physical and I have access to two 3DS's? I was thinking it wasn't going to be a problem but then I remembered that the 3DS uses SD cards. Is my only option to subscribe to the Pokemon Box thing?

backlot

Is it possible to transfer my Pokemon from X/Y to Ruby/Sapphire if the games are physical and I have access to two 3DS's? I was thinking it wasn't going to be a problem but then I remembered that the 3DS uses SD cards. Is my only option to subscribe to the Pokemon Box thing?

Your saves are on the carts so it'll be fine. I think the SD cards are used for battle replays and such.

lupinko

It'll respawn at the pillar :)

Great more Shiny hunting for me.

Nah, lupinko has a shiny
Deoxys
waiting for me so I didn't care enough to go through that fucking longass shit again. :p

EDIT: OMG Serebii TY I had no idea! HYYYYYYPE!

I do, and so Deoxys has officially lost its mythical status right? Catchable in ORAS without any event?

So if we KO Deoxys, Kyogre/Groudon, they'll just reset again for better sr chances for IVs and shininess?

Lizardus

Whoa.

The wild Pokemon you catch gets transferred to the box you were on when you quit your PC.

#gamechanger? Was this in earlier games?

Panzon

So is it 100% confirmed that Kyogre and Groudon can be shiny?

Im fighting Kyogre now but am ready to SR the rest of the week if I have to

Watching a livestream of the battle maison (was here http://www.twitch.tv/yushako). The XY enemy trainer sprites/models are used here. In other words the XY Maison is literally copied and pasted into ORAS (though it looks like the NPCs residing the Maison have been edited). Yes the Chatelaine do play the Frontier Brain theme...sorry everyone.

Someone with access to the game might like to confirm the BGM selection options (I want to know if it still limited to trainer/random battle/rival/gym leader)

Top Bottom