• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Can you explain this one to me? I'm out of the loop. Who's Karen?

Johto's Elite 4 Karen, who said this:
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting."

OraleeWey

Here's some more info. You can only transfer 6 at a time, and yes, you have to play and successfully complete a mini game to do the transfer.

I actually think there's another step I forgot about above. I think you need to also download an app called Poke Transporter to move from White 2 to the PokeBank. It's free, so no worries about that. So, the ultimate route is: Diamond --> White 2 --> Poke Transporter --> PokeBank --> ORAS

Like I said, it's pretty tedious.

Sweet sweet sweet.

One more thing.

From the pokebank, I can freely 'upload' and 'download' Pokemon to or from either XY or ORAS right?

To weight in on that brief discussion about regions we'd like to revisit on the last page Sinnoh is easily the best region they've done.

sBdZO2q.jpg

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Is there any way to transfer the held items from XY to ORAS? Trades?
If you have 2 3DS system the old trading system works but not the Pokemon Bank.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks guys, been a while since I played the Johto's Elite 4. Yeah, that's (kinda) bad advice.

Not really. The main games are balanced so you cvan win with anyone, hence why she said it. I know I wouldn't still play Pokemon games if I couldn't do well in them with my favorite mons.

Not really. The main games are balanced so you cvan win with anyone, hence why she said it. I know I wouldn't still play Pokemon games if I couldn't do well in them with my favorite mons.

The main game, sure, but the metagame is another story.

Even though sometimes I agree that we end up with strange stuff like that Pachirisu owning in some championship.

Azuran

Banned

It's just a funny quote from a competitive stand point. I love that you can beat the games using a team full of Sunkern if you want but sadly, that doesn't translate when playing with others. Such a sad reality we live in :(

I still love you Tauros

To weight in on that brief discussion about regions we'd like to revisit on the last page Sinnoh is easily the best region they've done.

Eh, disagree. It was incredibly bland in many places, and they really went overboard with symmetry in a lot of locations (which makes for really boring map design). Platinum was a big improvement though, admittedly, since they tried to add details to break it up a little. The water routes are some of the worst designed in the series. Utterly pointless. The snowy areas and the swamp are visually cool, but are extremely tedious to traverse. I remember being so disappointed how the in-game world didn't much up to that wonderful artwork of the region.

It certainly would be interesting to see them take another crack at Sinnoh and get it right. I'm willing to bet the region would get quite heavily altered in a D/P remake however. It was Game Freak's first foray into a 3D RPG and it shows.

Kinsei

Banned
The main game, sure, but the metagame is another story.

Even though sometimes I agree that we end up with strange stuff like that Pachirisu owning in some championship.

Do people involved in the meta game really pull out the "Well at least I lost using Pokemon I like instead of winng using Pokemon I don't like." excuse?

lupinko

Nah you'll have to trade for them, unless you want to play through HGSS or Platinum and transfer them all the way up.

Pfft, I transfer from FRLGXD. Lol

Does anyone know if the shiny lock is still there for story legendaries? lati@s, Kyogre/Groudon, Regis, Rayquaza and Deoxys?

I'm ok with shiny hunting Mirage Spot legendaries but not the ones required to move along in the story.

HigXx

Hoenn is probably the region I dislike the most, 3rd gen pokemon are a bit meh to me, but Im really looking forward to this!

I just it want it to be Gen IV again, easily the best gen

Pfft, I transfer from FRLGXD. Lol

Does anyone know if the shiny lock is still there for story legendaries? lati@s, Kyogre/Groudon, Regis, Rayquaza and Deoxys?

I'm ok with shiny hunting Mirage Spot legendaries but not the ones required to move along in the story.

As far as I know the twins and the Regis are not locked.

Do people involved in the meta game really pull out the "Well at least I lost using Pokemon I like instead of winng using Pokemon I don't like." excuse?
Some do, yes. The more persistent ones can get really annoying, too.

My statement was more of a joke though since what that gentleman says is pretty much the opposite of what Karen says.

Wichu

Man I remember when I used to moderate a Pokemon forum people quoted this shit all the time to argue against the metagame.

People still do.
If you're reading this, hi Joe :p

Yeah, it's super annoying. It's fine to use your favourites (I do), but top-tier battling like the Video Game Championships isn't the place for that. Not that people aren't successful with unusual Pokémon (as this year's winner shows), but when that happens it's because that Pokémon fills a useful niche (Follow Me user) rather than just because "I want to use this guy".

Basically, use your favourites if you want to, but competitive battles aren't the place for that.

People battling with their favourites is fine but it's annoying when said people start to whine when they lose because their favourites are outclassed. There's a reason why you see the same bunch of Pokemon so often in competitive battling, it's because they're good. Simple as that.

the hell is a super mode run?
I'm guessing PreyingShark was referring to a super rank playthrough in the Battle Maison which is endless (until you lose). The regular rank lasts 20 matches and gives you 48 BP which is enough to buy 3 power items (which are the key to making the horde EV training work). Getting a super rank to match 50 I think is around 200BP earned. If you can keep a streak going past that it is 7BP per battle which given tutors cost 16BP at most can keep you well funded.

People still do.
If you're reading this, hi Joe :p

Yeah, it's super annoying. It's fine to use your favourites (I do), but top-tier battling like the Video Game Championships isn't the place for that. Not that people aren't successful with unusual Pokémon (as this year's winner shows), but when that happens it's because that Pokémon fills a useful niche (Follow Me user) rather than just because "I want to use this guy".

Basically, use your favourites if you want to, but competitive battles aren't the place for that.
Not only that but is has pickup to use berries that have been consumed used by others...kinda gross when you think about it volt absorb as well which meant its team mates can be ones more geared to ones who have problems vs. electric types (e.g. Gyrados).

Ezalc

It's just a funny quote from a competitive stand point. I love that you can beat the games using a team full of Sunkern if you want but sadly, that doesn't translate when playing with others. Such a sad reality we live in :(

I still love you Tauros

Funny how this sort of discussion pops up when I was thinking about asking people what is their favorite unpopular pokemon.

I'm guessing PreyingShark was referring to a super rank playthrough in the Battle Maison which is endless (until you lose). The regular rank lasts 20 matches and gives you 48 BP which is enough to buy 3 power items (which are the key to making the horde EV training work). Getting a super rank to match 50 I think is around 200BP earned. If you can keep a streak going past that it is 7BP per battle which given tutors cost 16BP at most can keep you well funded.
Yep, was referring to a streak of 50 that is required to face
Wally
and will give you 240-something BP total. And once you're there you can go for more BP if you wish.

My personal recommendation for someone starting from scratch is to first unlock all of the Super modes, which can be done with an ingame team pretty easily and will net 240 BP overall. Then you can work on building up a good Battle Maison team to tackle one of the Super modes.

Yup have to trade with 2 3DS's or ask someone you trust/nothing to really gain by stealing to help you. Most of gaf's pokemasters are pretty good people to ask to help. Basically with another person they are simply holding the pokemon you traded them, til you switch over to ORAS and trade them onto there.

and it amazes me still that all this pokemon stuff is not getting blasted by spell check, what reality is this.

If you only have one 3DS you can trade items between your games using the GTS. All you have to do is request a pokemon that is specific and that you have in possesion in one of your games, like a lvl 90 Metapod or similar.

After 3 attempts to catch Deoxy's down the drain due to struggle I just bit the bullet and masterballed. I'm keeping this one for the living dex.

Crayolan

I just got to Flannery's Gym and noticed that the gym podiums say that Wally has already beaten the gym before me. Was this in the original games?

Kinsei

Banned
God, I still need so many Pokemon to complete my living dex. At least I have all the legendaries :p

Same here. I decided to start fresh for gen 6 so I'm missing a ton. It's super tempting to transfer them from gen 5, but I won't give in.

What is a good moveset for Milotic for the Master Beauty rank? I am struggling a bit because Normal, Super, and Hyper don't really require much effort other than feeding your Pokemon good Pokeblocks. So far I have just Tackle (from it being a Feebas), Waterfall, Surf, and Ice Beam. Waterfall and Tackle are Tough moves and Surf and Ice Beam don't really give many hearts.

Anyone know a good site to get a $10 eshop card that send you the code instantly? Need it for Pokebank. I wished we would have gotten the Pokebank card that Japan got but oh well.

fek

Anyone know a good site to get a $10 eshop card that send you the code instantly? Need it for Pokebank. I wished we would have gotten the Pokebank card that Japan got but oh well.
Play-asia sends me codes instantly. Might need some kind of verification if its your first time buying a code there though

Top Bottom