• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

khaaan

Your saves are on the carts so it'll be fine. I think the SD cards are used for battle replays and such.

Thanks!

But I also just remembered another thing...there's no "mass trade" sort of option, is there? It might be easiest just to pay up the $5.

Kirlia

Banned
Apparently a lot of changes have been made to the Safari Zone (using your own Pokemon and Poke Balls, and not having to pay, apparently), but can Pokemon in there still run away from you at any time?

Impala26

Apparently a lot of changes have been made to the Safari Zone (using your own Pokemon and Poke Balls, and not having to pay, apparently), but can Pokemon in there still run away from you at any time?

Also, if this is the case, can I still bring up Pokemon from earlier games and have them show up specifically still in Safari Balls? I spent WAAYYY to much time grinding in HG/SS safari zone catching rare females... :-(

Wait, guys, when should I save before SRing for Lati@s? Steven just surprised me by taking me to the island, so should I reset and save before this?

Still a Metang? Git gud Steven.

The Lamp

I'm having more fun with this than X and Y, probably because it's just an infinitely better adventure. X and Y had horrid pacing, was saturated with trainers that only carried one Pokémon, and some absurdly long stretches between destinations.

Hoenn is such a wonderful region.

Wanace

I'm having more fun with this than X and Y, probably because it's just an infinitely better adventure. X and Y had horrid pacing, was saturated with trainers that only carried one Pokémon, and some absurdly long stretches between destinations.

Hoenn is full of trainers using the same crap. I fought countless Numels, Carvahna, Camerupts, Poochyena and Mightyenas.

Not until victory road is there some variance.

Hard to say which I like more at this point.

MicH

Hoenn is full of trainers using the same crap. I fought countless Numels, Carvahna, Camerupts, Poochyena and Mightyenas.

The E4 teams are ridiculous too. Two Glalie and two Froslass? Really?

Linius

Aren't half of those pokemons you name above used by team magma/aqua?

Hoenn is exactly the same.

These are pretty much straight remakes of R/S, for better or worse.
Absolutely for worse. Emerald fixed a lot of the issues with R/S. Why they didn't use Emerald as the basis is beyond me. All they had to do was keep the R/S exclusive pokemon the same. That's literally it.

DexNav needs to be a staple in all pokemon games.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Get ready to be sad.

wiibomb

DexNav and Secret Bases really make this game way better than XY. DexNav needs to be a staple in all pokemon games.

I have spent so much time just by trying to get evrything in every route,a s well as trying to get decent pokemon with HA

but let's be honest, its gamefreak, they will probably erase it and make some other thing..

I can't think of a Pokemon game that doesn't have a monotonous selection for NPC trainers.

Maybe gen 5 but only because I really don't remember anything from those games.

Gen 5 B2/W2 Challenge Mode. So fucking good.

This, man that was awesome.

Forget about that bullshit Pokemon MMO that people talk about, I want one, just one game with all the previous features that GF did, combined.

Secret bases, Contests, Battle Frontier, Battle Maison, Pokemon World Championship, Challenge mode, those minigames in B/W (in that stadium, can't remember the name), pokemons out of pokeballs, character customization, cool gadgets to show on the bottom screen, and many others that I'm forgetting right now.

It's a bit disappointing to see that we didn't get any kind of Safari Zone in this game (it's more of a normal route now) while HGSS got an amazing one.

The devs really want to make clear which region is master
race.

It's a bit disappointing to see that we didn't get any kind of Safari Zone in this game (it's more of a normal route now) while HGSS got an amazing one.

race.

yeah it's definitely the one where the level curve is such that by the sixth gym Wild Pokemon will still faint against the might of a mild breeze

damn, bro, open me a portal to this bizarro hoenn you keep talking about where trainers are varied and the roster of wild pokemon is best in class

Impala26

race.

Good, but damn... really annoying that it's the only one you have to like GRIND for literally several weeks/months to actually get the good stuff.

(See just above)

Also, if this is the case, can I still bring up Pokemon from earlier games and have them show up specifically still in Safari Balls? I spent WAAYYY to much time grinding in HG/SS safari zone catching rare females... :-(

Forget about that bullshit Pokemon MMO that people talk about, I want one, just one game with all the previous features that GF did, combined.

Secret bases, Contests, Battle Frontier, Battle Maison, Pokemon World Championship, Challenge mode, those minigames in B/W (in that stadium, can't remember the name), pokemons out of pokeballs, character customization, cool gadgets to show on the bottom screen, and many others that I'm forgetting right now.

Now I'm combining this with my mental image of a open-world (like Xenoblade) Pokémon game... The result is more depressing than I could have ever imagined... Please develop this for the Wii U. Done right, it'd be without a doubt the best Pokémon game ever. (In my opinion, of course)

Would probably be Game Freaks last game cause who would ever buy another pokemon game after that lol.

Wanace

Aren't half of those pokemons you name above used by team magma/aqua?

Yeah and since that is half the battles you do, it gets old fast.

I get it, and I'm not complaining, just saying that I thought X/Y had better variance in trainer pokemon.

Now I'm combining this with my mental image of a open-world (like Xenoblade) Pokémon game... The result is more depressing than I could have ever imagined... Please develop this for the Wii U. Done right, it'd be without a doubt the best Pokémon game ever. (In my opinion, of course)

Yes, it could be.

Would probably be Game Freaks last game cause who would ever buy another pokemon game after that lol.

From a business standpoint it is a bad decision, I understand that. But that doesn't mean I can't imagine.

What about the Pokathelon from HG/SS?

Azuran

Banned
Yeah and since that is half the battles you do, it gets old fast.

I get it, and I'm not complaining, just saying that I thought X/Y had better variance in trainer pokemon.

That's why a larger regional dex like the one in XY is the best. It was so nice seeing Team Flare using different dark and poison Pokemon from all regions.

MicH

Oh my god, when you trade a Pokemon in a ball other than Pokeball they actually show the ball in this game. In X and Y it was always a regular Pokeball

Soooo good!

Firestorm

Watching a livestream of the battle maison (was here http://www.twitch.tv/yushako). The XY enemy trainer sprites/models are used here. In other words the XY Maison is literally copied and pasted into ORAS (though it looks like the NPCs residing the Maison have been edited). Yes the Chatelaine do play the Frontier Brain theme...sorry everyone.

Someone with access to the game might like to confirm the BGM selection options (I want to know if it still limited to trainer/random battle/rival/gym leader)
Not surprised given they just ripped the movesets from the Battle Subway in Gen 5 for all the older Pokémon in XY as well. Game Freak has really just been phoning it in with some of their stuff :(

The Lamp

Okay the trainers aren't much better but the pacing and region is so much better. X and Ys shitty trainers were a blemish that were blown up by the fact the region and cities and gym-to-gym pacing was so bad.

And I never even said the wild Pokémon were best in class...

Also, we will never see a game with all of the optional features together. Gamefreak doesn't want to give you an ultimate Pokémon game, because they would never be able to one up it in features next year or keep that level of content consistent every year. So they just do something new every year instead. That still pisses me off, though.

Hey guys, love and play all the games but I never really get ultra-deep into the mechanics, I heard today that held items don't transfer over Pokemon bank, does this mean I can't send any of the Mega Stones, EXP All or anything such as that to Omega Ruby?

DNAbro

Hey guys, love and play all the games but I never really get ultra-deep into the mechanics, I heard today that held items don't transfer over Pokemon bank, does this mean I can't send any of the Mega Stones, EXP All or anything such as that to Omega Ruby?

Through bank yes. You get those items in the game already though.

Azuran

Banned

You can trough normal trades.

Gruco

Banned

In some ways the forced downgrades are really irritating, but in others I can almost understand the "That's what this region does" type logic. Like, I really don't need Pokethelon or Contests or movie-making in every region. And I can even understand giving some variation in the postgame challenges from game to game, though I do think some are a lot better than others.

But man, challenge mode, trainer customization, and secret bases just seem to have so much utility for continuity. Crazy that they don't keep that around from game to game. It is really surprising how weak the postgames in XY and ORAS are after B2W2. Challenge mode, lots of new routes, PWC, join avenue, and those great dungeon crawls. All we can reliably expect at this point is a battle tower (or subway or maison) and a daily cycle of challenging trainers to loop through.

My hope is that in Gamefreak's continued interest in defying expectations, we get an "Emerald Z" as final game this generation. With a battle frontier. And a Kalos postgame. And the good features from B2W2. And Voltorb Flip.

You can still send any item holdable by pokemon to ORAS by normal Wifi / Infrared trading if you have access to 2 3DSs (and at least one of XYORAS on each of them obviously).

You can't transfer any items that you can't have a pokemon hold.

And if you only have one 3DS and you use Pokebank to transfer between, then yes that means you can't send Megastones/etc over.

Ok, champion beat. Forget this AS team and time to swap to my old team from past gens.

My Empoleon / Milotic / Shiny Golem are staple. Rest might be swapped out depending on needed HM's.

Top Bottom