• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Pff, Crawdaunt and Tropius are AMAZING HM slaves. Though Sharpedo and Tropius are the obvious choices this time around.
HM slaves? I treat my Pokemon fairly thank you very much.

No seriously Crawdaunt is so shit in gen 3 I replaced him eventually and I rarely do that. Tho I might use him in ORAS since he actually gets good moves now thanks to the physical/special split. I like his design, so yeah.

I think you're underestimating just how much experience Blissey gives. I'm pretty sure three level 100 Blissey would get you from level 1 to 50-60ish under ideal conditions.

yeah, but it's not 457970 experience in one shot for a single Blissey anymore :p

Sol1dus

Is White 2 worth playing without having played white or black1? I bought it just to transfer some pokemon to YX from Heartgold but never actually played it.

I wonder what's some of the worse teams somebody could finish the game with (based on pokemons, not on levels)

Outside of using joke Pokemon (Wurmples, Magikarps, etc) it would be hard to say since TMs are unlimited now and almost everyone got a boost to their level up moves.

I guess if you evolve the stone evolutions too early they could get stuck with crappy moves but TMs can still solve that.

Picked up Ruby today, will be playing it later!

Is the post game more than XY's? Not too fussed about the Frontier, as I'd never played Emerald, but I do need a bit more than the one city.

There are a LOT more trainers to battle postgame than in XY, where you were pretty much stuck with boring Serena and Le Wow. Plus you can rematch gym leaders this time and the E4 has a nice twist added the second time round. There's also contests and secret bases, which are surprisingly fun. And a load of legendaries and mega stones to hunt down.

Edit: forgot about the Delta Episode, which took me about 3 hours to complete.

Outside of using joke Pokemon (Wurmples, Magikarps, etc) it would be hard to say since TMs are unlimited now and almost everyone got a boost to their level up moves.

I guess if you evolve the stone evolutions too early they could get stuck with crappy moves but TMs can still solve that.

Maybe something like only one-form pokemons (that means no pokemons that can evolve), without TMs, no legendaries or pseudo legendaries, 600BST max (even though anything even near 500 BST would be already too much).

MattyG

Banned
I wish I hadn't sold my copies of HG/SS and D/P/PL. I'm getting the itch to go back and play all the old DS ones and transfer/trade the Pokemon up to ORAS so I can keep rolling them over to future games. I haven't played BW/BW2 either, so I should get on those too!

There are a LOT more trainers to battle postgame than in XY, where you were pretty much stuck with boring Serena and Le Wow. Plus you can rematch gym leaders this time and the E4 has a nice twist added the second time round. There's also contests and secret bases, which are surprisingly fun. And a load of legendaries and mega stones to hunt down.

Edit: forgot about the Delta Episode, which took me about 3 hours to complete.
YES. Legendary hunting has always been my favorite part of Pokemon games.

Maybe something like only one-form pokemons (that means no pokemons that can evolve), without TMs, no legendaries or pseudo legendaries, 600BST max (even though anything even near 500 BST would be already too much).

Full team of Luvdisc

Only worthwhile moves are Water/Ice so type coverage is completely garbage. And it's only good stat is speed so if you can't kill what you're fighting in the first hit you're toast.

Full team of Luvdisc

Only worthwhile moves are Water/Ice so type coverage is completely garbage. And it's only good stat is speed so if you can't kill what you're fighting in the first hit you're toast.

Assuming in game only, you can attract, sweet kiss, toxic, basically stall.

You can have decent coverage if hidden power is fair game, other-wise it learns ice beam, hydro pump/surf and draining kiss.

It's basically doable in game, it'll just take you a while, lol

Seil

The letters and the scene?
I have surf now, can I go check this stuff out, or do I have to wait till I get to a certain point in the game?

You'll need Dive to properly explore Sea Mauville and sea these things.

Edit: I was gonna correct that typo but... nah...

Busaiku

Uhh, what the heck.
I'm in the Safari Zone with the Acro Bike, and there's barely anywhere I can go.
But there are sections that require the Acro Bike to get there, but then the rest is only Mach Bike.

Seil

Uhh, what the heck.
I'm in the Safari Zone with the Acro Bike, and there's barely anywhere I can go.
But there are sections that require the Acro Bike to get there, but then the rest is only Mach Bike.

You can have both in the postgame after meeting the conditions.

Talk to Hex Maniac in the desert area of Route 111, requires Mach Bike.
Talk to NPC on Route 119, requires Waterfall and Acro Bike.
Talk to the biker in Battle Resort with a bike.
Return to shop and get your second bike.

Battle Maison, 35 win streak. First mon goes down to a Fissure. Second mon goes down because I missed a Hydro Pump. Third mon gets hit with a crit Flare Blitz and miraculously lives to finish off the match.

Just let me get this 50 streak for Wally so I never have to touch this garbage again.

Ezalc

I wonder what's some of the worst teams somebody could finish the game with (based on pokemons, not on levels)

I still want to try and make a team of unlikely pokemon and have them be champions. Delibird, Dunsparce, Grumpig, and three others I can't think of at the moment. It'd be great.

Is White 2 worth playing without having played white or black1? I bought it just to transfer some pokemon to YX from Heartgold but never actually played it.

I bought it for the exact same reason around the time I bought X. (I hadn't played much of BW1, either) Ended up enjoying the game more than I thought I would, and it really alleviated a lot of my gripes with Gen V. It has a postgame rivaled only by Emerald and HG/SS, too.

I would, but just thinking about using Pikachu makes my blood boil.

Ok then use May's team from the anime which actually isn't that bad.

Blaziken, Glaceon, Wartortle, Venusaur, Munchlax, Beautifly

Actually her team is quite a viable group, surprising coverage. Or some other anime teams. Dawn's is quite viable surprisingly.

Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Quilava

Ok then use May's team from the anime which actually isn't that bad.

Blaziken, Glaceon, Wartortle, Venusaur, Munchlax, Beautifly

Actually her team is quite a viable group, surprising coverage. Or some other anime teams. Dawn's is quite viable surprisingly.

Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Quilava

Wow, those are some nice teams.

Is there a place where I could get more Everstones?

cvxfreak

I find it really strange how
Black/White/Black 2/White 2 are essentially outdated/nullified with the release of these remakes. We just got the latter two games two years ago, and now their premiere legendaries are in that sort of post-game purgatory where they appear out of context in an entirely unrelated region. That's 4 regions' worth of legendaries in one short post-game. They should have thrown in another region post-game or saved a few for Pokemon Z.

I can't wait for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl's remakes to let us capture Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalo's legendaries all in the post game. Their starters, too. :p

Sol1dus

I bought it for the exact same reason around the time I bought X. (I hadn't played much of BW1, either) Ended up enjoying the game more than I thought I would, and it really alleviated a lot of my gripes with Gen V. It has a postgame rivaled only by Emerald and HG/SS, too.

Funny thing is I only got to Goldenrod in HG when I rebought it. (I beat it twice back when I had the ds lite) so I need to get on that, I don't know anything about its post game unless you're talking about Kanto.

As for emerald I never played it, only Ruby so I guess I don't know what I'm missing in AS.

Maybe after this I'll finish HG and play W2. Since I have pokebank I think I'm going to keep moving all my pokemon to it and then just restarting AS, replaying it with a new team each time.

Crayolan

Ohhh my god there are other trainers surfing in the ocean. That's such an obvious idea I can't believe it took them 6 generations to think of...

I just realized AS has the East Sea shellos. I only got West Sea ones in the bank. Need to start digging around what other small stuff I might be missing in my pokemon collection.

Caladrius

I find it really strange how
Black/White/Black 2/White 2 are essentially outdated/nullified with the release of these remakes. We just got the latter two games two years ago, and now their premiere legendaries are in that sort of post-game purgatory where they appear out of context in an entirely unrelated region. That's 4 regions' worth of legendaries in one short post-game. They should have thrown in another region post-game or saved a few for Pokemon Z.

I can't wait for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl's remakes to let us capture Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalo's legendaries all in the post game. Their starters, too. :p

In all fairness, the DS was on its last legs by the time B2/W2 came out, and it's pretty much dead now.

I literally can't believe HM's are still a thing.

I really wish they had made it so that rock smash and waterfall weren't needed anymore. Maddening to go from a handful of mostly-optional moves to needing fucking 6 of 'em.

Oh snap, completely forgot that my Milotic evolved due to pokeblocks in Pearl. So it already has max beauty for contests. What a nice surprise lol

Top Bottom