• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Picked up Ruby today, will be playing it later!

Is the post game more than XY's? Not too fussed about the Frontier, as I'd never played Emerald, but I do need a bit more than the one city.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What is it? Put in spoilers if you have to.

It's a bunch of letters detailing how a kid misses his dad who's never home, how his mom has been cheating and their eventual divorce.

Reminds me of ash's letters to his dad actually.

Also there's a lesbian scene in sea mauville too? Nice.

It's a bunch of letters detailing how a kid misses his dad who's never home, how his mom has been cheating and their eventual divorce.

Was this in the original RSE? o_O

what is sea mauville anyway lol

Why does everyone think Ludicolo is so great? After evolving, Ludicolo doesn't learn any additional moves and Lombre's learnset is mediocre at best. Am I missing something here?

C'mon, look at this smile, how can you not be attracted to it?

5348736.gif

The truth is that I feel the same, I don't understand the fandom around him. But I understand fandom in general, so I kinda get it.

Panzon

So I was SRing for a decent Mesprit but then she stopped appearing and now the one showing up is Azelf. Is this notmal?

Why does everyone think Ludicolo is so great? After evolving, Ludicolo doesn't learn any additional moves and Lombre's learnset is mediocre at best. Am I missing something here?
It's not the moveset that counts, it's the design, and Ludicolo has the best design.

It's really that his typing is pretty damn great and dual STAB has so much coverage + early access. Reliant on TMs though

I can't watch Ludicolo and not want to do his dance.

He's also great in VGC.

I actually dumped Ludicolo by time I hit E4 because I forgot that Giga Drain was an Egg move and I rushed the second half of the game and missed Energy Ball and Ice Beam. I also wanted to keep my HM slave Tropius to Fly after finishing. They should REALLY put a PC in your room in these games because I never use Fly on my actual team any more.

If you're up for it keep Lotad from evolving until Lv.30 when it learns Giga Drain or find a Giga Drain Lotad with DexNav.

Nature Power is Energy Ball in the grass, so you could use that as well.

Made a list of the changes I could find that affected competitive play, along with a couple other things at the end. I like these, even if getting a certain few mega stones is horrible.
  • Getting all the O-Powers is now really easy. No more style grinding.
  • Version exclusive mega stones are no longer a thing.
  • Getting all the resistance berries is a cake walk for once.
  • Even though your Lati just joins you, Synchronize still works on it. It might even be a 100% success rate. In past games Synchronize would not have worked in this sort of instance.
  • Sweet Scent is no longer affected by the weather.
  • Secret Bases with 3 level 100 Blissey is possible. And I think you can have other trainers in the base with that sorta team. Should eventually get some awesome bases going.
  • There's a hoarde with a 100% chance of appearing for each stat, making EV Training via hoardes notably faster
  • When you tap a Friend's icon to invite them to do something, their FC is now also displayed. This means that when doing online stuff on message boards you can check the FC in that post or PM with the one displayed ingame before you screw over poor Shark in an online tourney because you battled the wrong person.
  • Tutor moves require a small amount of BP this time as opposed to horrible shard grinding. Remember, the Super mode run that's required to face the highest leveled trainer in the game will give you enough BP to last a really long time if you transfer over your items from XY.
  • There's a post-game Daycare Center. If you line yourself up in front of the Daycare Boy, hold "left" or "right" until you run into the wall, and then hold "up", you can cycle around the island forever. Furthermore, a lady in front of the daycare lets you change the music to one of several different tunes that override the bicycle theme, adding some variety. Finally, the Pokemon Center with the IV Judge is right on the bike's path, and if you press "A" as you pass by the Daycare Boy you can grab an egg, though if you do that you'll have to restart the loop. Overall, this makes the breeding experience a little less of a pain.
    [*]There's an NPC that explicitly states that in serious battles you often have to use the mons that will win instead of your favorites. This, in essence, finally gives us a great response to all the fucking Karen quotations.
  • World Championships are mentioned at least 3 times. Should get some googling going.

LOL

as for the Blisseys, too bad this isn't gen 5, so you can't just beat up one trainer and go all the way to level 50

Picked up Ruby today, will be playing it later!

Is the post game more than XY's? Not too fussed about the Frontier, as I'd never played Emerald, but I do need a bit more than the one city.

Post-game is slightly better than XY in the sense that there are a bazillion legendaries. And the delta episode is miles better than the looker quest. Aside from that there isn't much else...unless you include the Secret Base stuff which can take awhile.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Oddly enough, this thread has made me want to play HGSS instead because of the content that has, but that has so many fewer pokemon and lacks the newest gadgets and devices in these games.

I love that the Ace Trainer that gives you the float stone turns into a Hiker when you go back into that room. I was really confused at first but then I realized what the float stone did and was like

tumblr_inline_naj4rwOZpO1rf96sp.jpg

Are the things you are mentioning Japanese only?

Wichu

as for the Blisseys, too bad this isn't gen 5, so you can't just beat up one trainer and go all the way to level 50

I think you're underestimating just how much experience Blissey gives. I'm pretty sure three level 100 Blissey would get you from level 1 to 50-60ish under ideal conditions.

Agreed.
Still the best 3d Pokemon RPGs.

Damn, how could I forget that. I remember Colosseum being my first Cube game, and I was lucky enough to get one and have my folks forget to buy me a Memory Card, so I had to play the whole game without turning the console off. All those days with rubber bands on the controller to "purify" the pokemons...ah I miss that.
Not really.

I love that the Ace Trainer that gives you the float stone turns into a Hiker when you go back into that room. I was really confused at first but then I realized what the float stone did and was like

Heh, glad that I'm not the only one that found that funny.

The main story in Pokemon games is so easy there's no need to pick Pokemon based on their battle performance.

In fact, if anything, picking worse Pokemon makes the game more fun.

The main story in Pokemon games is so easy there's no need to pick Pokemon based on their battle performance.

In fact, if anything, picking worse Pokemon makes the game more fun.

I wonder what's some of the worst teams somebody could finish the game with (based on pokemons, not on levels)

What do you mean by worst team? I could easily finish the game with only a Bidoof or do you mean a team of six?

Team of six, but something like 6 Magikarps, etc. Of course, overleveling them to something like 6 level 100 Magikarps would break the premise of the question.

EDIT:

I used Crawdaunt and Tropius in my last Emerald playthrough.

Do not make the same mistake.

Haha, I remember when I tried the E4 in X/Y with only the Smogon bird, but without EV training, good IVs or even Galeforce, just a regular bird with Flame Body. It wasn't fun going against that Rock/Water thingy that the water E4 member had.

Top Bottom